Amino Code Reviews

By: Ultra Human

Amino Code is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Ultra Human. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

July 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Hydration
  • No Artificial Sweeteners
  • Competitively Priced
  • Prop Blends

I had never heard of Ultra Human until they began their participation in the Trooper program. After looking into their company, I was intrigued by their overall premium marketing on their website. I was looking to try EAA/BCAA product when this came up on the Trooper program, here is the review.

Amino Code comes in a 40 serving container with each serving being 9.7 g. I want to mention that when this came it was inside a felt bag (shipped in a box the bag was in the shipping box), which was a nice touch. In addition, the batch numbers and the persons name of who authenticated the bottle was handwritten on the bottle. This was a nice touch as I like this type of thing. Each two scoop serving of this product contains 30 calories and 3 g of carbohydrates. For vitamins and minerals it has 2 mg of vitamin b6, 25 mg of calcium, 25 mg of magnesium, 40 mg of potassium, and 35 mg of sodium. I see a lot of minerals in BCAA/EAA products these days for electrolytes.

The first major ingredient profile is called the Ultra Human Amino Matrix at 4250 mg. This contains your BCAA, EAAs, and sustamine. Sustamine is a dipeptide of l-alanine and l-glutamine, which when in this form is supposed to have better absorption. In addition, sustamine has been shown to have improved time to exhaustion during high intensity exercise and improved basketball skill performance. However, those benefits were seen with 600 mg, 2g, and 4g. Due to the prop blend, you have no idea of the amount you are getting in this product and if it is close to the doses that showed benefits. The next blend is the Ultra Electrolyte Mineral Blend at 2527 mg. Coconut water powders makes up 2100 mg of this blend and 427 mg are various electrolytes. This particular portion of the label I liked as I usually look for hydration with BCAA/EAA products. This is especially true in the warmer months as I tend to do a lot of cardio outside and sweat quite a bit more.

Overall, I like the ingredient profile but do wish it was not a prop blend. It is not a deal breaker but it is surprising to see prop blends in products today. I did really like that this product has no artificial sweeteners, colors, artificial flavouring, sugar, or gluten.

Amino Code comes in two flavors, they are dragon berry and raspberry lemonade. I received the dragon berry flavor and it was quite good. It had that traditional dragon berry smell kind of like a cross between a raspberry and grape with some strawberry. When you first taste it you get this dragon berry flavor followed by a strawberry like kick. The strawberry flavor lingers a little bit and then you get a slight stevia taste. It was quite good and very refreshing, which I was surprised because some stevia sweetened products are overpowered by it. In this case, the product was not. I usually would mix this in 40 ounces of water with ice cubes and it would mix well. There would be some residue at the bottom but it was minimal. In terms of dosing, I would use two to three scoops at a time. I would sometimes put this in a 40 ounces water bottle and sip throughout the day.

I felt that Amino code was effective in two key areas, which are hydration and recovery. The first thing that I noticed when I first started taking this product was I was thirsty less. I tend to drink quite a bit of water but it fluctuates since as a teacher it is hard to use the bathroom with how classes are set up. So, during the work day I will usually drink less but that will lead to me being thirsty later in the day. However, when using this I would put it in a large water bottle and sip throughout the workday. I noticed that I tended to be less thirsty later in the day. In terms of taking this during my actual workouts, I noticed that I went to the water fountain less frequently than before. While running I also noticed that I would less frequently need to run by my car to get a drink. I am unsure if it was the coconut water or the electrolytes but whatever it was I felt this product was effective for hydration.

In terms of recovery, I noticed a small but significant reduction in DOMS. I recently have been upping the intensity of my workouts and noticed I would be very sore for several days. If DOMS was a sharp knife, I felt like this product dulled it slightly. It was still there but to a lesser degree. As far as running went, I felt that this made me less sore and I was able to run a little more frequently. On my off days, I will sometimes hike but this will at times turn into a run. However, if I am very sore that does not occur. I noticed that when taking this those hikes turned into runs slightly more frequently.

Amino Code currently retails for 39.95 for 40 servings making it about $0.99 per serving. This is a pretty good price but I will note that this is not widely available. I could only find it direct from them or on Amazon by a third party seller ($0.10 cheaper). At $0.99 per serving I think this is competitively priced due to it being an EAA product as well. Currently, most popular recovery products on major supplement retailers tend to be straight BCAA products, which can be cheaper. I personally see value (and prefer) BCAA/EAA products over straight BCAA. I think it comes down to what you prefer and if you want an BCAA/EAA with hydration support this could be a good buy. If you don't want the hydration their could be cheaper options out there for BCAA/EAA products.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Amino Code is an effective BCAA/EAA product for hydration and recovery. In addition, it is competitively priced but not widely available. I definitely think it is worth a try if you are looking for BCAA/EAA recovery product with hydration.

-Xcmiler
  • Dragon Berry: 8/10

July 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Hydration
  • DOMs Reduction
  • Endurance
  • Better Taste Would Be Nice

This is a high quality BCAA/EAA product that will help you in recovery and hydration. In addition to helping you with recovery this also has coconut water and electrolytes to help you with your hydration. This is made up of a precision Bio-Engineered amino acid" complex.

First off I want to thank Ultra Human for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. First I need to apologize for taking a couple extra weeks to get this review posted after finishing it. A couple weeks ago my laptop crashed and had to get a new one and needed to get it set up and running. My laptop was my only access I had for writing my reviews. When I finally got my laptop up and running I had to go out of town for a few days and had no way of getting this done. Usually when I finish a product I get my review posted right away. With as much as I workout I need all the recovery I can get. I am a really big fan of aminos and always have them in my workout stacks. After seeing the ingredient profile I thought it looked rather interesting and worth giving a try. Also this was the first time I had ever heard of this company before.

First off what I don't like is they use two big prop blends. The first one is Ultra Human Amino Acid Matrix (4,250mg): This blend contains 13 different ingredients. This contains the 3 BCAAs (Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine) and Lysine HCL, Phenylalanine, Taurine, Threonine, Glycine, Alanine, Methionine, Sustamine (L-Athanyl-L-Glutamine), Tryptophan, and Proline. The rest of the ingredients, except for Taurine, are all Amino Acids needed by your body. They all keep the body functioning. Taurine is an Organic Acid that provides you a wide array of health benefits. Of note here, Sustamine is a dipeptide consisting of alanine and glutamine connected by a peptide bond designed for stability, and quick, efficient absorption. Its main function is to assist in re-hydration.

Second prop blend is Ultra Electrolyte Mineral Blend (1,927mg): coconut water powder dosed at 2100mg. As a known source of B vitamins and electrolytes, coconut water is very helpful in maintaining hydration levels. Moving further into the blend includes another secondary blend containing potassium glycinate chelate, sodium chloride, calcium bisglycinate chelate, magnesium aspartate, dimagnesium malate, calcium citrate tetrahydrate dosed at 427mg.

You get ultra high grade aminos. It has a fine powder and mixes really well because of the premium grade raws they use.
They use High Absorption Mineral Electrolytes= they use aspartate, malate and bisglycinate forms of minerals is extremely expensive but the absorption is far superior.
They use coconut water for its naturally occuring electrolytes and superior ability to hydrate the body eliminating cramping, poor muscle contraction and compromised mental performance.
You will get NO Artificial Sweeteners, colors, dyes, flavors, preservatives!
Sugar Free, Gluten Free and GMO's Free

I went with the Dragon Berry. This had more of a lighter taste to it like a more natural flavor. It was more of a diluted like taste to it. It does have a nice berry flavor but could be a little stronger. This is nothing real outstand but nothing horrible you will no want to drink.

Mixing was pretty easy. Seemed to mix really well and no leftover grit. It's says two scoops is one serving. I using this mainly intra workout. You could also use this post and anytime you feel you need a little extra recovery.

The hydration part of this I thought was really good. With it being summer I tend to sweat a lot more while I workout. This I feel really helped me stay a lot more hydrated and helped me to not sweat as much which was nice. I felt like I was more energized and less sluggish while using this. I do a lot of high volume training and I felt like I could go a lot quicker between sets and felt my recovery was better and had less muscle fatigue to deal with. My overall recovery from this I thought was pretty decent. I know my DOMS were a lot less noticeable and I just felt a lot better overall and more ready the next day for my next workout. Since I have been off this my DOMs has started to come back a little bit so I know this was helping me. With the extra ingredients they put in here I know helped aid me a bit more and it was nice having them in here. Everything I noticed from this was nothing real outstand but enough to know it was helping me.

Overall I thought this was pretty good on my stomach and never caused me any upset stomach issues to deal with. When you drink this it is more on the lighter side and not real heavy like to drink. I felt this helped me lean out a little more and was able to cut up a little more. Also I think this helped me drop a couple of pounds while using this. Also any bloating I would get in my stomach was minimal and noticed only a little bloating but nothing that was real bad like.

You can find this on amazon for $39.89 and you get 40 servings. This comes out to about a dollar a servings which I think is pretty good and worth the price considering what all they put in this.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was a decent amino product. I think this is worth giving a try and for the price you can't really go wrong. I feel this aided me fairly well in my recovery, endurance, energy and hydration. I feel this is a decent product and will help you but I don't feel it's a product i will go out of my way to use again. I wish they could do away with the prop blends they use but don't let that stop you from trying this because it does work. Since I have noticed a little bit more Doms now that I have been off this makes me know that it was an effective product for me. If you get a chance to try this I feel it's worth it since it does have BCAA's/EAA's in it and it will help you a lot in your hydration. Again I want to give a big shout out to Ultra Human for making this product and letting me have the chance to give this product a try.
  • Dragon Berry: 7/10

June 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Hydration
  • DOMs Reduction
  • Prop Blends

An above average BCAA/EAA/intraworkout product that will aid you in recovery and keep you hydrated. How you dose this may make a difference, but once you figure out what works for you then this product will truly shine. Best used as two servings on training days, but the price still is a fair one for what you are getting.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I always like to keep some sort of Amino Acid in my stack, as it does truly aid me in reducing DOMS. When I saw Amino Code up for grabs, I checked out the profile and was intrigued, so I gave it a shot. Also, I wanted to learn more about Ultra Human as a company, so what better way than trying out one of their products. I have taken really good and really bad BCAA/EAA formulas in the past, so its easy for me to judge how effective these products can be. Big thank you to SR and Ultra Human for this opportunity, and thanks to Ultra Human for the information and professional packaging of the product. This obviously will not deter my opinion, but when a company is willing to give out extra information with their product, its typically a good sign they have nothing to hide. Lets see if I figured out this Ultra Human Code.

Ahh yes, here we have the dreaded prop blends. I do not care for prop blends, I understand why a company would use them, but for a BCAA type product I do not get as worried as I would with a stim type product. One thing I have noticed this year is that newer companies and/or BCAA products are using prop blends more in order to protect their formulas. I believe this all came about once Dr. Wolfe started the "Do BCAAs alone work" discussion, so companies now hide their secret mixture. Just my two cents, lets get to the prop blends. These are all based off one serving, which is two scoops.

Ultra Electrolyte Mineral Blend (1,927mg): This blend is broken down into 1500mg of Coconut Water Powder, and 427mg of electrolytes.

At first glance, and by what we have read and are told in the past this looks under-dosed. We will discuss the effectiveness below, but my point here is do not judge a book by its cover. I like the inclusion of the hydration support making this a great intra-workout product.

Taste: I received the Raspberry Lemonade flavor. I did not care for it at first, but once I told myself its lemonade it tasted fine. It did have a slight raspberry taste to it, and was a watered down version of Lemonade. It was not too bad, but I am not a fan of Stevia, so that likely ruined the flavor a bit for me. I did like that it was not sweet in any sense, making it easy to drink during workouts. Not undrinkable, and not bad, just an average taste.

Mixability: I typically mixed this with 8-10oz of water when taking this Pre or Post workout, and 20oz of water intra workout. This mixed up fine in my shaker bottles and never left any weird residue or anything. This was very easy to mix, shake a couple times, and drink.

Dosing: I tried dosing this two different ways. On training days I tried it one serving Intra and one serving Post workout for a week. I then tried it one serving Pre and one serving Intra for the duration. On non-training days I would simply drink one dose when I woke up.

How I dosed this actually made a difference to me. I will break this section down by dosing on training days and then my overall thoughts.

1-serving Intra; 1-serving Post: I did this method for a week. This did reduce my DOMs right off the bat, but I still had some slight soreness. Now, I did start a new upper body only every other day workout plan while taking this, so I expected soreness and I never expect one product to take it all away. I found my hydration to be okay during and after my workout, nothing to really stand out from just drinking water. My soreness was not so bad, but I was not satisfied, so I decided to change my dosing protocol.

1-serving Pre; 1-serving Post: I ran this method for the rest of the tub. For whatever reason this combination worked great for me. I would feel more hydrated than normal going into my workout, and I would always have to take a pause during a set to take a pee break. To me thats a good sign of how effective a products hydration is. The only other product that kept me this hydrated was Intra-Blast, so this was good. My DOMs were pretty much lower at this point and were hardly noticeable. Sure, maybe my body was getting used to my workout plan at this point, but I also was swimming once a week, and can really only use my upper body since my left ankle is still recovering from surgery. This combination worked well for me.

Once you find the correct dosing for your body this product works very well to keep you hydrated and reduce DOMs. I never missed a workout due to being sore thanks to Amino Code. One serving on non-training days were sufficient to me. Overall this is an above average BCAA/EAA/intraworkout type supplement.

This product is not widely available, and can be found on Amazon (with free shipping) or from the company themselves for $39.89. For 40 servings this comes out to about a dollar per serving. If you workout 5 days a week, and dose like I did this product will last you 3 weeks and 4 days. If you workout less then this will last you longer. I think the value is fair, given how effective the product was for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I enjoyed my run of Amino Code, and so did my muscles. Since coming off of it, and going without a BCAA/EAA for a workout, yeah my DOMs are back, so I can tell you this made a big difference. So, if your in the market for a good recovery and hydrating product, give this a shot, I highly recommend this product. Thanks again for the opportunity.
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 6/10

June 24, 2018

• Endurance
  • Better Taste Would Be Nice
  • Prop Blends

Amino Code is a high quality and effective amino acid supplement with the added benefit of helping to maintain hydration, while providing all the goodness of both BCAAs and EAAs.

A special thanks to Ultra Human for their participation here on SR.com. Also, apologies for the delay in the review. Today, I will be reviewing my experience with their amino acid product Amino Code. As I've stated plenty of times already in past reviews, amino acid products are highly versatile since they benefit all intervals of training (pre, intra, post). They can help increase natural energy, improve muscular recovery, enhance endurance, and may help with fat loss if your diet is in check. I'm no stranger to amino acids so I knew what to possibly expect from Amino Code.

Like I said in the profile, Amino Code has two prop blends. Prop blends is never anything I and I am sure no one ever likes to see in a product. However, I've used supplements with prop blends in the past with good results. Therefore, unless the blend itself is outrageously underdosed with too many ingredients to count, it is not always an instant deal breaker.

With that said, the profile begins with vitamin b6 at 2mg, calcium at 25mg, magnesium at 25mg, potassium at 40 mg, and sodium at 35mg.

Next comes the first prop blend which is the Amino Acid Matrix dosed at 4,250mg containing l-leucine, l-lysine HCL, L-valine, L-isoleucine, L-phenylalanine, taurine, L-threonine, L-glycine, L-alanine, L-methionine, Sustamine (L-Alanyl-L-Tryptophan), and L-proline. In addition to the well-known BCAAs, the other amino acids are essential in the sense that they all have their own benefits to fitness development. The feature ingredient is the Sustamine, also known as the "cousin" of glutamine. It is considered a more bioavailable and stable form of glutamine that has been shown to enhance the immune system, improve endurance, balance hydration levels, support energy, and better one's recovery.

Following is the Electrolyte Mineral Blend at 2,527mg. The blend begins with coconut water powder dosed at 2100mg. As a known source of B vitamins and electrolytes, coconut water is very helpful in maintaining hydration levels. Moving further into the blend includes another secondary blend containing potassium glycinate chelate, sodium chloride, calcium bisglycinate chelate, magnesium aspartate, dimagnesium malate, calcium citrate tetrahydrate dosed at 427 mg.

Clearly, there is underdosing in the amino acid blend considering that the BCAAs like leucine can be dosed around 3-6g in many supplements and at only 4,250mg, we obviously don't have that much. I guess the electrolyte matrix is okay considering there is no dosage range so to speak for electrolyte oriented benefits.

As a final note, Amino code has no sugar, 3g carbs, no artificial additives, and is gluten free.

I received the dragon berry flavor and it was actually not bad. It had a more modest berry flavor to it with a slightly dilute aftertaste. Not the most enjoyable, but definitely not the worst.

It mixed fine in water or a sports drink without undissolved grit.

Considering I had 40 servings to my disposal I decided to use Amino Code both intra and post workout. For intra support, I mixed a serving with a Powerade Zero or G2 drink and drank it during my workout. For post workout, I mixed a serving with just water and consumed it. On non-training days I took a serving with water and consumed it sometime around midday.

First I'll discuss intra workout usage:

The extra hydration benefits were very helpful, especially during my high intensity cardio and boxing sessions. I tend to sweat big time during these workouts so staying hydrated is key. In addition, Amino Code helped me stay well hydrated during high volume TUT intervals during my weight training sessions as well. The extra amino acids kept my soreness and exhaustion between workout movements and sets minimal, allowing me to perform sets with less rest in between and bang out additional reps. I also had more endurance during intensive cardio, boxing, and prolonged high volume weight movements as well.

Next the post-workout usage:

With the help of the extra amino acids, particularly the Sustamine, I was recovering quicker and post workout fatigue was minimized. I wasn't as sore or DOMS ridden as usual and was able to go into next workouts with more energy and endurance.

In summary, Amino Code was highly effective in both areas. Again, I didn't use it pre workout, so I cannot comment on that.

The cheapest price I found for Amino Code was 39.89 on Amazon. You get 40 servings in each tub, so that comes to about a buck a serving. The value does take a little dip if you have to use two servings a day for effects, but the dip is not critical since it will still last at least 20 days as opposed to 15 if it were only 30 total servings. In short, this is a good value in my opinion considering the effectiveness of Amino Code.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Amino Code is a great amino acid supplement that will be beneficial in helping to improve endurance, recovery, intra workout energy, and maintain adequate hydration. The prop blends may not be a welcome sight, but don't let that deter you as this product is still quite effective to meet various fitness goals. Be sure your training and diet are in check as always.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!
  • Dragon Berry: 6/10

June 19, 2018

Cons:

Amino Code is a "precision Bio-Engineered amino acid" complex of EAA + BCAA's with Coconut water and electrolytes to help you perform at "ultra Human" levels. Which as I age is always a welcome addition to my supplement regiment. I found that this product worked well for me and allowed me to perform better.

I am a 46 year old dad with teenagers, I am the main form of transportation and food for my family so I am always on the run. I have been slowly getting in better shape as I figure out my needed food intake and workout requirements. Currently am doing light body weight cardio and have pretty much finished "fixing" my back. I guess at least as good as it is going to get. I like taking BCAA's as a tasty drink that helps, and I used this mostly as an intra workout drink. I try and do something everyday even if it is only walking the dog. I want to thank the Trooper program and Ultra Human for allowing me to give this a run.

This is an interesting product as it is GMP Certified, Lab Tested, Exact Ratio with no Gluten, Dairy, Sugar, Artificial sweeteners or colors or flavors. Sounds like a good deal right? Now let us see what is under the hood.

Vitamin b6 @ 2mg
    Calcium @ 25mg
    Magnesium @ 25mg
    Potassium @ 40 mg
    Sodium @ 35mg

Then we have the prop blends, which I am not a fan of, however in this case the product worked and they do list what is in it.

Ultra Human Amino Acid Matrix: @ 4250mg
    l-leucine, l-lysine HCL, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylalanine, Taurine, L-threonine, L-Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Methionine, Sustamine(L-Alanyl-L-Tryptophan, L-proline.

The problem is we don't know how much of the ingredients are in here. Most of you will say this is under dosed in the BCAA department. I can understand that as some people and research brings the dose up to 20g's. So obviously we don't have that much, but we do have other ingredients added. Sustamine being one of them, however that can be used in 1 to 3 grams per day. It is used to help in electrolyte absorption and endurance. I thought it was something neat that they added, just not sure of dosage. Below are 2 links one to BCAA's and one to Sustamine if you choose to read a little more.

Then we have the Ultra Electrolyte Mineral Blend: @ 2527mg's broken up into 2 sections.

Coconut water powder @ 2100mg. This is a good source of B vitamins and electrolytes. I couldn't really find a dosage set in stone, so because I think this kept me more hydrated I will say it was effective for me.

Potassium Glycinate Chelate, Sodium Chloride, Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate, Magnesium Aspartate, DiMagnesium Malate, Calcium Citrate Tetrahydrate
    @ 427 mg

Which as you can tell is a lot of minerals that can help keep your body performing ultimately. Now, because I am not an elite level athlete I don't really think I need a "lot" of product to work for me. I can see where if you where that person this might be under dosed enough that it either wouldn't work or would not be cost effective for you. However, for me I could tell it was working and there isn't anything in here that I object too.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I received the Dragon Berry flavor of this product and thought it was enjoyable. Dragon flavors for me have been a hit and miss over the years, but that could be because I am getting picky as I age. This had a mellow berry flavor with a small aftertaste that I can't place. For me it was a nice flavor I could sip on during my training.

I had no issues mixing this with my SRReviews shaker bottle. This does have a metal whisk and yes I do shake then drink every time. I think I had some settling but nothing a little shake didn't fix. Small amount of grit with the last few swallows, but I was ok with that.

Dosing is pretty simple. They suggest mixing with 10-12oz of water and consuming immediately post workout. Then for optimal results take a serving 15 to 20 minutes pre-workout or during workout. I tried all of the variables a few times and for me using during workouts seemed to give the best results.

I think this product worked pretty well for me. I felt more energized and less draggy when I was using it. It seemed to allow me to flow through my workouts at a faster pace. Since I have finished it I have noticed a slight increase in DOMS. I could still tell I worked a muscle while I was on this, just now I notice more soreness the next day. This is what I look for in a BCAA drink, and I think the added ingredients really help pull it together for me at least.

As of 6/19/2018 I found this product for the following prices.

Their own website, which has a free shipping special running. $39.95 for 40 a serving tub.

Amazon has it for $39.89 for a 40 serving tub.

This basically comes to $1.00 a serving. For me this is a pretty good price. I have used RCSS Amino Tone and if you buy the smaller jug it is basically the same price. RCCS has a 90 serving tub that drops the price a little but I think this is pretty reasonable.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects while taking this product. An overall pleasant experience.

Conclusion

Here is the deal on this one. I think that it is worth a try. I felt better while I was taking it. I became more sore as I went off of it. Is it a make or break supplement for me, probably not. To be honest though I don't know that I have a supplement I can't do without. I do think that if you have a hard time drinking plain water, and you are out pushing yourself in the gym or at home. This product can help you feel better about the after effects of exercise. I know that as I age I assume I will start feeling more aches and pains. If taking some extra BCAA's and other "Stuff" allows me to train like I want to, then I am ok with that. I like the fact that this doesn't have extra "artificial" stuff in it. I also appreciate the gluten free and no sugar (I have finally admitted that additional sugar messes with my body). It gives me something I can look forward to drinking while working out, and anything that helps the workout go easier and possibly longer is good in my books.
    • Dragon Berry: 8/10