CBD Reviews

By: Ultimate

CBD is an Anti-Oxidant manufactured by Ultimate. It helps prevent the harmful 'free-radicals' that can cause cell damage in the body.
6.9

Overall
Overall
2.8
3.3
2.5
  September 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Deceptive Dosages
    • Limited Availability
    • Low-Quantity Container
    • Poor Ingredient Labeling
    • Unclear Directions

I received a full container, a whopping 8 softgels of CBD from Ultimate Nutrition. I'm not totally sure what they were even hoping to achieve with this product, as "general health and wellness" with "relaxation" being tossed in the description on the website.

BEFORE READING FURTHER
    Note that CBD regardless to popular belief CBD is still not yet legal in all 50 states. I nor SupplementReviews.com condone the use of illegal substances. I happen to do so at my own free will, as I live in one of the 17 states yet to legalize the product. Make sure you check your local and state laws before ordering this particular product. With such being the case, the some of the following material was done to educate myself more on the topic.

Ultimate was kind enough to send out their only size container of an increasingly renowned cannibinoid, CBD (lesser known as cannibidiol). Up to this point, I have used dry plant matter and high-potency THC extracts for recreational and self-medicating purposes for years. In the anticipation of this product after Ultimate confirming that they would send the it, I procured several other CBD extracts for comparison, which I was virgin to. I have several close friends who are licensed growers, distributors, and caretakers in legal states who have extensive knowledge on CBD and its use. They were incredibly resourceful with helping me procure high-potency CBD extracts with various delivery mediums, including an oil softgel that matched the claimed mg of active ingredient.

CBD: 25mg - The main ingredient, and only one listed as anything other than "other ingredients" is becoming evermore popular among people who wish to achieve a plethora of effects including pain relief, decreased anxiety, mood support, reduced inflammation, neuro-support, and an absolute smorgasbord of other things that are sadly still yet to be proven by research. All in due time.

The problem with this claim, is the "(Hemp Oil Extract)" right below. While speaking with several of my contacts about the compound, I was warned multiple times about this bait-and-switch. Companies are allowed to label Hemp Oil Extract with trace amounts, if any CBD as actual CBD. This makes sense, since shipping ACTUAL CBD to my state is illegal, whereas hemp oil has no restriction. About 5 minutes of Google draws several articles on this exact practice and why it is so easily and commonly done.

Under "Other Ingredients", you get some things that should be added to the active list, as M-C-T's and Vitamin E Dimer Derivative are listed, and can actually help the poor availability of CBD, as well as any oil-base substance such as Mono and Diglycerides and unnamed fatty acids also on that list.

Natural flavors are added, which according to the website, are natural terpenes from the plant, which are absolutely worth listing on the bottle if true. This is all wrapped in a gelatin capsule.

25mg of of pure CBD is an effective dose, however, this is not 25mg of pure CBD. This is 25mg of hemp and other plant oils with little if any of the active ingredient.

Take one as needed? Needed for what? How to you gauge your need for wellness?

How can I make such a claim, you may ask? Well the effects spoke for themselves. For 3 days, I took one gel on an empty stomach. Then two days with a table-spoon of peanut butter and 5oz milk. This offered nothing but the slight taste of bong water when I burped. On the 6th day, after asking the advice of one of my aforementioned contacts, I asked what the potential side effects of taking 75mg of CBD would be, I decided to see for myself if I could get any effectiveness out of it. I was told to expect slight sedation, pain relief, and relaxation, among some possible stomach upset and lack of appetite. I experienced absolutely nothing whatsoever after taking 3 gels with a tablespoon of peanut butter and 5oz milk.

This varied WILDLY from each of the products I acquired from out-of-state dispensaries, as 20-35mg would give a feeling of relaxation and relief from body aches within the hour. I'm convinced UltimateNutrition's CBD is bunk.

$30 for 8 softgels makes this $3.75 per-serving. I can only find this product direct from the manufacturer as well, giving you no other option if you'd like to try it. Even if we pretend for a moment that this isn't marketed as an actual CBD oil, the general wellness effects of hemp oil are much more easily and cost effectively sourced from many, many more places. This is outrageous.

Lack of Effects

Is what I got. Complete, total LACK of effects.

Conclusion

This is the first time I've felt genuinely angry because of a supplement. I erased a lot of crap that I wrote out of frustration in an attempt to give my most pure opinion without my bitter-goggles on. This product exploits a loophole that allowed a dishonest marketing strategy, crazy prices, poor availability, and extremely low quantity for a general wellness supplement that would need daily usage for long duration to achieve effects. This product doesn't hold a candle to any of the other CBD extracts I used. I strongly advise you to research the deceptive market and how to avoid scams like this before considering your purchases, as this was an absolute fail in my book.

• bzyczek
      September 9, 2018

I like this review a lot ... very informative ...