Pro-Series MVP Fuel has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Pro-Series MVP Fuel Reviews

By: TwinLab

Pro-Series MVP Fuel is a Pre-Workout manufactured by TwinLab. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Pro-Series MVP Fuel has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Overall
Overall
8.9
  June 29, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Value Could Be Slightly Better.

What's up SR. Onder18 back with another pe-workout review because we all love the pre-workouts. This time I'm going to be reviewing on of my favorite products, Twinlab's Pro Series MVP Fuel. I used to see this at the Vitamin Shoppe and I also saw this on Bodybuilding.com where it gets great reviews. Now I take reviews on Bodybuilding.com with a grain of salt so that isn't what sold me. I was just curious about this. I saw this on sale one day at the Vitamin Shoppe so I decided to give it a try.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (15.1g)
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value *
Total Carbohydrate 6 g 2%*
Sugars 0 g
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 1,000 mcg 16,667%
Sodium 5 mg <1%

MVP Proprietary Blend 8,474mg
Beta alanine (Carnosyn), BCAA blend (L:-leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine), Creatine Monohydrate, Betaine Anhydrous, Agmatine Sulfate, Caffeine Anhydrous, Panax notoginseng root and Astragalus membranaceous root extract blend (AstraGin), Dendrobium nobile stem extract (concentrated for dendrobine), Nelumbo nucifera seed extract, Huperzia serrata whole plant extract (containing 1% Huperzine A), Piper nigrum fruit extract (Bioperine).

So as you can see it's a prop blend. It says one the container that one serving contains 199mgs. of caffeine. I'm not crazy about the prop blend but I understand why companies do this. Honestly this doesn't bother me as much as it does alot of people I just like knowing the caffeine content. The dosing doesn't look bad at one scoop, not good but not that bad. The inclusion of Nelumbo nucifera and Dendrobium is what had me intrigued.

I had the fruit punch flavor and as far as pre-workouts go it was decent. The mixability wasn't great. Not bad but not great. On the container it says to use one scoop. I dosed this at one, one and a half and two scoops.

I didn't know what to expect from this pre-workout but I can say I was very pleased with the results. I first took this on and upper body day at one scoop and had a really good workout. Energy was clean and suprisingly strong. Not super strong but comfortable and very noticeable. Focus was good and had me in a nice zone. Strength was solid. I tried this at one and a half scoops next on my sqaut day and I killed it. Energy was strong and focus was great. Strength was great and it had me pushing harder than I should. Rest between sets was greatly reduced. The next week I tried two scoops on my heavy upper body and that was an experience. The energy was in rocket fuel territory and the focus had me very zoned in. Strength was excellent. I hit a 6 rep PR on bench and military press and had the energy to keep going hard all workout.
So overall the energy was good no matter how many scoops I used. The endurance was also real good no matter what the dosage. The pumps were always good no matter the dosage and I never used a pump product with this.
So I ended up using one scoop for medium rep workouts and workouts during the week. I used 1 and a half scoops on my heavy weekend sqaut days. I used two scoops on my heavy weekend upper body days. I got a strong performance no matter what the workout was and no matter what the dosage was. This didn't really let me down in any of my workouts.
I stacked this with extra creatine and amentoflavone but I do that with all my pre-workouts.

Between $30-35 on most sites. Not bad value. Not great but not bad for a pre-workout nowadays. Most people would probably dose this at one or one and a half scoops.

Side Effects

No crash. Slight tolerance build up after about half the tub but not very much.

Conclusion

In my top 5 of pre-workouts and I highly recommend it. So that's my review and I hope you found it helpful. Any constructive criticism is welcome.