Amino Fuel Liquid Reviews

By: TwinLab

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Amino Fuel Liquid is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by TwinLab. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

May 15, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Got Good Results. The Liquid Is Alot More Effective.
  • Convenient Bottle
  • Aids Recovery
  • Helps Develop More Definition
  • Could Be A Little Cheaper
Overview: This is one of my favorite supplements on the market. I use it as an intra as it has a nice mix of calories, carbs, protein, and bcaas. The only downside is that it is a bit pricy compared to other bcaa products...but you get what you pay for sometimes.

Dosage: On the bottle it says to take three servings each day (3tbsp each). The only problem with this is that you would go through a full bottle (21 servings) in about a week. Personally, I would just bring the bottle to the gym and take a solid gulp half-way through my workout. I was never measured the serving. However, I consistently would take a nice sip (what I would guess to be one serving) in the middle of my workouts. The bottle last much longer this way.

Taste 6/10: It really is not as bad as some people make it out to be. There is cherry and an orange flavor. It has the taste and composition of cough syrup (as in it its like a syrup liquid). Take a sip and wash it down with water....you're good.

Effectiveness 9/10: I really love this product because I think it is a perfect intra and the bottle it comes in is convenient to carry in a small gym bag. It gives you 15 g of protein, 14 carbs (10 sugars), 120 cals, B vitamins, and liquid form amino acids (which are supposed to absorb easier). I do not know of any other bcaa product that offers all this. Most are strictly bcaas with some b vitamins.

I've taken this on and off (depending if I got the extra cash) and I always find it to be effective. Basically, I believe that it prevents muscle breakdown during a workout thanks to the amino acids and protein it contains. Also, you will feel some more energy/endurance thanks to the b vitamins and sugars in it. It's nothing crazy, but it will give you a small boost. Most importantly, I think it helps keep you anabolic during workouts (particularly longer sessions) and prevent those muscle tissues from breaking down. As far as recovery I always have felt that bcaas help prevent soreness so this product is no different.

Also, I think it is important to mention that because it is in the liquid form your going to absorb the entire serving. You don't have to worry about a powder clumping up (which most bcaa products that I've tried do) and you don't have to take a bunch of pills.

Overall 8.5/10: The only reason I don't give it a higher score is because it is pricy. It think it is very effective in adding lean muscle. I can say that it helps you become more defined or cut-up, and will definitely aid in adding overall muscle mass. If you have the extra cash for it I think this is one of the best bcaa products on the market.

As far as side effects I can't say there were any negative ones. Simply put this gives you a nice energy boost, helps build/reserve muscle tissue, and aids in recover. I would recommend this product to anybody that puts a lot of time into the gym.

February 22, 2010

Pros:
 Cons:
  • It Could Be Cheaper And Its Hard To Find At Times.
This has a very thorough amino profile as well as 10g's of whey and egg Protein. It has 8 essential amino acids and 10 non essential. I've been taking it post workout and a Protein shake right after and I've seen some good results. I'm no bigger, but I am stronger than before. The only bad thing is the taste, it's awful. It tastes like 1/2 battery acid and 1/2 paint thinner.