100% Whey Protein Fuel Reviews

By: TwinLab

Protein > Whey Protein
100% Whey Protein Fuel is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by TwinLab. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

April 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Value
  • Good Tasting Flavors
  • Mixes Well

This has been one of my go-to whey proteins over the years as I can usually find it on sale somewhere and I like the fact that @ 25g protein per serving, it's more cost effective than many other proteins on the market.

Let me start by saying that I am by no means an expert when it comes to supplements. I tend to like trying different products from different companies just to see what works and what doesn't. Fitness has always been a part of my life and I enjoy keeping in shape through a variety of exercises and diet. As I've aged, it's sometimes not as easy to get motivated for a monster workout anymore so I've learned to just "maintain" what I have through a more basic fitness routine of dumb bells, plyometrics, push ups, running and cycling. I started adding supplements to my diet about 15 years ago initially as a way to increase muscle growth and bulk. Now, I use them more for maintaining muscle and boosting my energy level.

The first thing I look for in a whey protein is the amount of grams per serving. This whey from Twinlab comes in at 25g which is slightly above average compared to many other similarly priced proteins. This is a whey protein blend (whey protein concentrates and isolates). Other ingredients of note for this whey are:

Total Fat 2.5g
    Cholesterol 80 mg
    Sugars 2 g
    Sodium 100 mg
    It does contain milk and soy.

Their label states the following:

- No individual amino acids, fillers or extenders used to overstate the labeled protein content
    - Naturally packed with Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) to help promote lean muscle growth and recovery
    - Quick absorbing Whey Protein Blend to speed amino acid delivery to muscles after exercise

I have tried both the Vanilla Rush and Chocolate flavors and found both of them to be better than average tasting and extremely mixable with milk. While I have not tested the mixability with water, I'm sure it would be equally sufficient. One scoop of 25 g is fine for me after a workout.

While I do not do any rigorous tests of a supplements effectiveness, I can say that while taking this whey protein, I was able to maintain muscle mass and weight.

Better than average value based on protein content and price.

Side Effects

None. Personally I experienced less than average burping/belching/gas issues with this protein.

Conclusion

If you're looking for an affordable, quality protein from a name brand manufacturer that comes in a variety of flavors, I would suggest that you consider giving this one a try. I have typically found the best prices to be at Swansonvitamins.com and through various re-sellers on eBay.

April 19, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Value
    • Works Great
    • Do Not Mix Well.
    I was looking for good protien for a cheap price on the internet. While I was surfing the web I ran across a 5 lb tub of twin lab protien for 29.99$ I never seen that quantity of protien at that price so I purchased it. I was so excited about the protien because it would last me for 2 month or more. Great value . My excitement avalanched when I started to mix it in water. It was like mixing chalky dirt. Clumps of protien floated to the surface no matter how muched I mixed it.
    The taste of this protien is not good at all. IT taste like chalk and it didn't mattter what you mixed it with. In my opinion wal-mart's brand protien tasted better and mixed better than this one.
    I will say this about this protien, I don't fill bloated and the protien absorbs well in my body. It helps with my recovery after weight lifting and keeps my muscles from wasting away in hard cardio sessions. I prefer this protien over wal-mart brand because of this reason. I just wished it mixed and tasted better.
    Taste: 4
    Mixability:4
    Recovery:8
    Side affects:9 (bloating,diarrea ex.)
    Value:10
    Muscle Retention: 8
    Absorbtion:8
    Overall:7.3