Anytime Protein Reviews

By: Trusource

FORUM TOPICS

Protein > Whey Protein
Anytime Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Trusource. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Overall
Overall
4.9
6.9

Pros:
 Cons:

What's up guys? I originally got this product because of their unbelievably cheap launch special. I was able to get 9 pounds of this stuff for $29+ shipping
CRAZY DEAL. I was also intrigued because TruSource Protein was made by Optimum Nutrition (a company that I have a lot of respect for), so I said why not.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (34g)
20 servings per container
Sodium 110mg
Carbs 10g
Sugars 2g
Protein 20g

So this protein is a little higher in calories than I would normally like. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone on a cut or working to specifically edge calories off of certain areas of their diet. There are many other protein powders that flow somewhere between 90-120 calories. In the grand scheme of things 30-50 extra calories in your protein wouldn't hurt you, but still. Regardless, 20g of protein per serving is about what I'm looking for so I like seeing that. once again there are many protein powders out there with less fat than this particular brand (2.5g Fat), but if you're not being really nitpicky then it shouldn't affect you. The Optimum Nutrition line released this in Krogers and other grocery stores as a brand of protein that is less intimidating to the regular consumer. I think that's why It would appear to be a "bulkier" powder to me in terms of calories and fat than some of the other options out there. They want the regular person to see protein and not automatically assume that only 'hardcore' athletes need it I guess. Overall I'm not impressed with the Macronutrients on the product label besides the 20g of protein per serving

Taste: Everybody needs to see this!! This is the WORST tasting protein I have EVER had by far. I'm a big boy and I've had lots of practice drinking/eating unpleasant things over the years. But this stuff was straight up awful. I had the vanilla flavor and it couldn't have tasted less like vanilla. It was extremely bitter to me (how does a protein taste bitter I have no idea). I was so concerned in fact that I checked the expiration label just to make sure and the product didn't expire until 2019 so that wasn't the case. It just genuinely tasted horrible. I had just purchased 6 tubs of it for the ridiculously low price of $29 though so what did I do? I held my nose and choked it down every day until the tub was gone. (The things we do for the gains). And I thought to myself, "Maybe I just had a really unlucky tub," so I opened my next tub and sure enough the same awful, bitter taste came back. Taste 1/10

Mixibility: I had issues with mixing also. I had to really shake my blender bottle to make this thing mix. It took a good 45 seconds-1 minute of heavy shaking before it would finally dissolve. Mixibility: 4/10

Dosage: At the high-calorie content and a solid 20g of protein per serving I think that one serving is as much as you would want to use

Putting the taste aside, the effectiveness was very much like any other protein powder that you would use. I would 1 scoop everyday within 20 mins after my workout ended. I definitely gained muscle while using this product as a supplement for my protein. I do wish the calories were a bit lower but I still felt like because the rest of my diet was in check I was able to put on substantial lean mass while using this product (I used it for a period of 2 months). It helped me build muscle regardless of the taste or the blending issues.

This retails for $20 for 20 servings on Amazon.com
$1 per serving isn't a great deal and for the taste/macros I would look elsewhere

Side Effects

Bitter taste, Aftertaste

Conclusion

When It's on sale, protein is protein (if you can choke it down) I get it you might purchase it. However, at it's current retail price, with its' current macronutrient label I would not recommend this product to anyone.
  • Vanilla: 1/10

• Admin_
    October 12, 2017

Holy crap! You bought 6 1.5lb tubs for $29?? That's less than $5 each!! Where did you get this deal? How much was shipping?

• BlakePullen
    October 12, 2017

SupplementHunt.com was selling it for $3 per pound! I know it was literally too good to be true. Only lasted maybe a week and shipping was 5.99 or whatever their flat rate was at the time. After shipping I paid somewhere between 33-36 dollars total

• Clipper83
    October 13, 2017

I saw that deal, glad I didn't pull the trigger lol. They have some great deals on supplementhunt