Training Formula Reviews

Overall
Overall
  February 7, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Straightforward Pwo
    I realized after buying Training Formula that the brand is actually owned by Vitamin Shoppe, or at least distributed by VS. I like to go off the crazy stims every few weeks just so I don't build massive caffeine tolerance. I'm already ingesting above what is considered healthy range of 400mg daily.

On days I've already hit my 600mg caffeine limit, I'll switch to a non caffeineted PWO. I really like training formula for its simplicity. No junk, nothing special, nothing to make you feel like you can run through a wall. The formula is definitely built for long term sustainable lifting.

The scoop is tiny and you're suppose to use 3 scoops. With 3 scoops you get 3 grams of creatine, 3 grams of arginine in AKG form, 1.5 gram beta alanine (carnosyn)and 51 mg of Astragin.

I can already hear the teasing haha, "bro do you even lift". I use to lift hard and had next week or next month in mind. Now I lift with the next 50 years (God willing) in mind. That philosophy changes greatly what you put in your body, how hard you exert yourself (no need to suffer injuries that affect your work life), etc.

Training Formula has the basic fundamentals that everyone can use, whether you're 16 or 60. I love it's simplicity and non stims. Not that I'm an aspiring pro, but it's also NSF certified for sport, so you know it's content has been tested for accuracy and banned substances. You get exactly what's shown on the label, which is another reassuring benefit.

There's practically no taste besides hint of leafy sugar, so I just throw it in with my protein before I hit the gym. It's a great "down cycle" PWO when you just need the basics or are cycling off heavy supps usage to give your poor liver and kidneys a break.