Multi-Vitamin for Men Reviews

By: Triple CS Supplements

Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins
Multi-Vitamin for Men is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by Triple CS Supplements. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.
6.4

Overall
Overall
5.5
5.4
5.5
  December 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Value
  • Low Dosages
  • Indigestion
  • Prop Blends

An under-dosed but decently priced multi. Doesn't compete with top-notch daily multis, but the potential is there.

I'm a believer in consistently taking a daily multivitamin in order to ensure I'm meeting core nutritional needs. I usually stick to a basic, one-pill multi with a relatively simple ingredient profile (ON's Opti-Men is my go-to). I want to note that I view multi-vitamins the same way I view protein - as a mandatory dietary staple; not a product I expect will take me to the next level. Thus it makes this particular category rather difficult to review.

Thanks to Triple CS for allowing me to run their men's multi and my apologies for the delay in posting this review.

Triple CS Men's Multi (which I will refer to as CS in this review) has a simple ingredient profile, especially compared to some of the more aggressive "paks" on the market. This is not uncommon for one-a-day pills but even though the profile is simple, it's under-dosed compared to like-products.

Here's the deal. Pills are not a good delivery method of vitamins. They don't trigger digestion and thus aren't absorbed as efficiently (which is why it's always recommended to take vitamins with meals). To compensate for this most multis contain a dose of core ingredients that greatly exceeds the daily recommended dosage. Additionally, the recommended daily dosage doesn't account for factors such as body mass and metabolism. All said and done you want a multi with an aggressive vitamin profile that includes high doses of vital, water-soluble vitamins.

Let's compare CS to FLEX Nutrition's Mega Multi, another vitamin I recently reviewed and found to be competitively priced, well-dosed, and all-around simple. CS loses or ties on nearly every ingredient when compared to FLEX, sometimes significantly so. Sure, the daily percentages are decent, but reference the previous paragraph. Would you rather take in 10,000 IU of Vitamin A or 4,000? 1,000mg of B6 of 7.5mg? 50 IU of Vitamin E or 30? You get the point.

Overall the profile of this multi, while not poor in its structure, does not have as high a dose of most critical nutrients and vitamins compared to similar products.

Also included in CS are small prop blends titled Male Support, Immune Blend, and Antioxident Fruit and Energy Blend. Given these are prop blends there is no way to adequately examine dosage, however a surface examination suggests to me they are under-dosed. Case in point, Echinacea is the primary ingredient in the Immune Blend, which in total is 110mg per dose. Echinacea, a common herb for immune support, carries a recommended daily dose of 300mg.

Two easy to swallow caps that I usually took daily with my evening meal. See side effects.

As stated, it's difficult to gauge a vitamin's effectiveness. Did I notice a significant difference taking CS compared to Opti-Men or another multi? Not really, which is more a point in favor of CS than anything else given its weaker profile. Unfortunately I did feel ill for about a week or so while running this product, and it was clear my body was having to work to fight something off. I'm not going to point the finger at CS here and say this is because the multi's profile is not as complete it still provided me more general health support than I would have received running nothing at all. But I almost never get ill when taking a multi-vitamin consistently.

The industry norm for a men's multi is roughly .50c per dose, with the more aggressive "packs" running closer to $1.00 per day. CS is available on the manufacturer's website at $17.95 for 30 days, which equates to a competitive .60c per serving. This is a decent price point, and it should be given the simply profile, but I would still argue it's not exactly a good value. I always use ON's Opti-Men as my gold standard here. Not only is the profile of that product far more complete, but a big bottle will cost you .46c per day.

Side Effects

This multi-vitamin gave me the worst powder burps and indigestion I've ever received from such a product. For hours after dosing I'd find myself gassy and constantly belching. Not to mention the burps had that awful herbal vitamin taste. Very unpleasant.

Conclusion

This is a mediocre multi that needs adjustment. While not poorly structured, the dosing doesn't match up to competitor products. And while the pricing is solid, there's still better value to be found for your money. Not to mention the negative side effects I experienced. I'm a hard sell on multi-vitamins and unfortunately CS doesn't make the cut just yet.

Overall
Overall
4.5
2.0
  December 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immune System Support
  • Fruit And Veggie Blend
  • Ingredient Profile
  • Value
  • Low Doses
  • Nausea Without Enough Food
  • No Effects

I am a huge advocate of taking a multi-vitamin on a daily basis and I love trying different brands. I had never heard of Triple CS so I when I saw their multi show up I decided to definitely give it a go. Unfortunately, I quickly noticed that unless I took this one with a LOT of food, I felt extremely ill. Nauseous might be a better word to describe it.

Whats going on all. I had a chance to try Men's Multivitamin by Triple CS Supplements and see how it effective it would perform as a multi. I have tried quite a few multis in the past, including Vital4U, OptiMen, Orange Triad powder and pill and so on. While using Multivitamin for Men by Triple CS, I was going to the gym a couple days a week and not on any specific kind of diet (not eating bad not eating perfect). Although I tend to not eat breakfast or just opt for a protein shake and some coffee.

Since this is a multivitamin I am not going to breakdown each and every ingredient. Take a look at the label if you want to see all the details of each ingredient. Basically they put in all the normal Vitamins; A, C, D, E, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, B5. Along with that there is folic acid, biotin, calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, chromium and molybdenum. They also put in a male support blend, immune blend and antioxidant/fruit blend. On the surface I really like everything they have included in this, but if you compare it to a quality multi such as vital4u, you will just how underdosed this product it. Not I understand the pricepoint may be higher with a product like vital4u, but if you compare just the ingredients in Triple CS's, I think its a fair comparison. Vital4U or Orange Triad, give you a huge amount of ingredients on top of these basics. Overall, I dont mind the ingredients they went with, I just think they are extremely underdosed.

No taste or mixability issues as they are capsules. I always dosed in the morning unless I forgot. Then it was afternoon.

This product just didn't cut it for me. There isn't a whole lot I can say in the effectiveness section. There were really only two outcomes when I took this. The first was I took it with a normal amount of food and/or a protein shake, and it made me feel extremely nauseous within 30 minutes or so. The second outcome was I took it with a large meal (above average food intake), and I didn't get nauseous, but did not feel any effect at all from it. Now I know like this sounds like maybe a 0 in effectiveness, but honestly I think this multi was not nearly dosed enough for my size and diet habits. I'm fairly sure it was doing something as my pee was yellow (I know, this is sometimes considered a myth, but my pee was yellow with it and not without it). Maybe this one will fit into someone else's plan, which is why I went with a 4.5 based on the scale descriptions. I also came down with pneumonia shortly after finishing it.

The value is the one good thing I can say about it. Their site lists it for $17.95 for a 30 day supply. That is a very fair price for a multi. I will note, it was extremely hard to even find this product for sale. It took a very precise google search just to get their site to show up.

Side Effects

Nausea, yellow pee.

Conclusion

Obviously I can not recommend this multi. Although maybe it would work better for some, it was not for me, and do the ill feeling it often gave me, it can't get my recommendation. I do think Triple CS has the right idea about the profile and ingredients, but I think it is underdosed by a lot, and if they fixed that it may effect the value. I am not totally sure what it was that made me feel ill as I am pretty familiar with all the ingredients. I managed to finish the bottle by making sure I had already eaten a nice full meal in case you were wondering why I took it more if it made me feel sick. Anyways, thanks for reading and thank you to Triple CS and SR for the opportunity!

Overall
Overall
6.9
6.7
  September 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immune System Support
  • Fruit And Veggie Blend
  • Low Doses

A good bargain multivitamin, but if you're cutting you'll need more.

Hey SR, here today to review Triple CS Men's Multivitamin. Since I am usually on a cut and follow a ketosis carb/calorie restricted diet, I always take a multivitamin to fill all the holes that my diet doesn't provide. I also work in a school, so being around kids and germs all day I need to ensure that my immune system is working the best it can. Here's what I thought of Triple CS Men's multi.

As with most multis, the ingredient profile is pretty extensive. This has your basic A, B, C, D, E, K vitamins, but at pretty low dosages in comparison to other multis. Vitamin A at 40% and D and E at 100% is much lower than a lot of other multis out there. I do like that they included the chelated forms of minerals like copper, manganese etc. Triple CS also includes 3 herbal blends consisting of male support, immune system, and fruit and veggie blend. I love that these are included and have great ingredients like saw palmetto, green tea, and grape seed extract but the dosages of these blends are pretty low when you look at effective dose needs. Overall, love in the ingredient profile but the dosages need a little work.

No taste or mixability, easy to swallow pills. Dosing was two pills a day with a meal, I always took with dinner. No herbal burps or aftertaste so that was good.

So a multi is always hard to judge in terms of effectiveness as there are a lot of factors that come into play with general health. I will say however, I felt a little more rundown while taking this and did get sick for a short time. With my diet being so restrictive and my workouts and cardio still being intense, I think that I need a little more from multi than most. I think if I was in a caloric surplus and got a lot more from my diet in terms of vitamins, minerals, and variety of foods, I think this probably would have worked fine. For someone like myself however, I think I will keep with the higher dosage multivitamins to be on the safe side.

The value of this is pretty nice, $20 for a 30 day supply. I think this puts it right there in range of bargain/quality vitamins and is appropriately priced for what you get.

Side Effects

Yellow pee.

Conclusion

I think this would a suitable multi for anyone that has a normal diet, but for someone that has a restrictive diet you may need a little more.