Tribustol has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Natural Testosterone Boosters

Tribustol Reviews

By: Tribustol

Tribustol is a Natural Testosterone Booster manufactured by Tribustol. It helps optimize your natural testosterone levels, which helps encourage muscle growth and fat loss.

Tribustol has been reported as discontinued.

Only 4 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

Overall
Overall
0.0
  June 29, 2013

• Just Nothing At All
    • Altered My Personality
    A quick thank you is in order to Nutritional Ergogenic Systems for the opportunity to try out their revolutionary, product-to-end-all-other-products, Tribustol. (The name of the company wasn't on the bottle, so I had to dig on the website to find the company name. For all I know, that might not even be the right name... it wouldn't be the only false information on that site!)

Now that that's out of the way, let me restate what my buddies Kev, Garlick, and Lava have already so eloquently stated: AVOID THIS LIKE THE PLAGUE.

This was the final product I received as an ER before signing on with RCSS. I seriously only took a flier on this one because there was absolutely no cost to me (or so I thought... more on that later) and because there was a laundry list of astounding benefits on their flashy website.

Before I threw my hat in on this stuff, I visited the site to find claims like:

- Tribustol is more effective than creatine for strength gains
    - Burn fat and build muscle simultaneously
    - Works 3x faster than exercise alone
    - Lose vicerol obesity
    - Etc. Etc. Etc.

Take a quick look back at that last benefit: "Lose VICEROL obesity". Glad to know this company doesn't know how to use spell check properly. Last time I checked, you don't gain or lose obesity either, you can gain VICERAL (note the spelling) fat in large quantities, leading to obesity.

Despite the spelling errors, the overly vague testimonials, and the smattering of graphs with make-believe data on the website, seeing all of those purported benefits made me say "eh, what the hell" in hopes of hitting on at least one of them.

More red flags popped up when I received the bottles along with a product guideline sheet. First off, the dosing guidelines on the sheet and the bottle didn't match up, as noted by the other reviewers. It seems like NES is as good at coordinating things as they are at grammar.

Secondly, the guideline sheet made even more outlandish claims than the website did. It basically stated Tribustol can be an effective substitute for steroids and that you can gain 10+ lbs of lean mass while losing 10+ lbs of fat mass in only 8 weeks.

I should've been deterred from Tribustol once and for all when I saw this, but I foolishly figured if I could reap one quarter or even one eighth of the benefits they claimed, I'd be pleased with the supplement. Having never tried a tribulus based supplement before, I was curious. Skeptical, but curious.

The only background knowledge I have on tribulus supplements going into this was that regular tribulus extract has been shown to be ineffective at boosting testosterone in any way. Really, the only benefit you can gain from it is a boost in libido.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the amount of tribulus in the product seemed underdosed compared to other tribulus products. Based on Garlick's review, standard trib extract supps use up near 1000 mg while each pill of Tribustol only has 45 mg. That, in itself, is laughable, and yet ANOTHER reason why I should've never opened the bottle in the first place.

The product guideline sheet and website state, however, that their magical proprietary blend of vitamins and minerals (not much more than B vitamins and folic acid) will unlock all of the muscle building and fat burning potential of their special tribulus extract when taken in combination...

In hindsight how the hell could I have been so stupid?! God! I've been shaking my head the entire time writing this review... Anyways...

This theory of enhanced effects with microscopic dosages has gone out of hand. I can't help but think back to Kre Alkalyn when thinking about Tribustol.

The standard dose of creatine monohydrate has been 5 g since the beginning of time, and mono in water creates a neutral mixture when digested, leading to complete absorption. You also have to take multiple doses of mono per day to reach saturation since your body burns through about 5 g on its own every day (studies show 25 g + per day, but that's for another discussion).

But let's come along and put 1.5 g of creatine in some capsules with salts, ash, and baking soda, tell people this will create a stable pH upon digesting it (which mono already does), and let them believe an amount less than your body burns through BY ITSELF will magically morph into 10-15 g...

Seems legit...

Alright, off my soap box. But you get the point: I don't care how many vitamins you put in there, I don't care what foreign country you sourced your magical extract from, and I don't care what renowned "scientist" performed all of the product testing. If you use less than a dose that actually does anything, it's not going to work. Not rocket science. And really, even a full dose of tribulus wouldn't do anything close to what NES is claiming Tribustol would do.

As far as the actual effects go, I can honestly say I've never had a worse experience with a supplement. This was the first and only supplement I have ever thrown away willingly before completing.

NES sent me two bottles of 180 caps to run back to back. They also sent me two dosing protocols: the bottle said 1 pill a day, the paper said 1 cap per 40 lbs (for me, 4-5 caps per day). Depending on which dosing protocol I was supposed to believe, that's anywhere from 1-5 caps per day.

I knew 1 cap wasn't going to do jack with how low the dose was, and quite frankly, I like going on the high end of things while also leaving myself with nice round numbers to calculate. I ended up taking 6 caps/day, 3 caps with 2 mixed food meals throughout the day as recommended. This meant both bottles would last me 60 full days.

60 days? The second bottle barely lasted past day 45. By then, I had had enough. There was no hope for Tribustol to turn the corner after over a month of absolutely nothing in the performance department.

I've taken test boosters before, so I know what to expect. Slightly increased aggression, acne, and libido, and a bit higher than normal progression in the weight room. Without a test booster, I usually experience 5-10 lb jumps in weight on each of my lifts about every month. I would've been happy with the 15-20 lb increases across the board that I'm used to with other test boosters, especially over an 8 week period.

But during the entire time on Tribustol, it was the same old song and dance. No lifts jumped up, just the same exact marginal progression I'd be getting without taking anything.

Body comp wise, I saw nothing close to the effects described by NES. I was running Tribustol during the same time period when I made the switch to Carb Backloading. CBL allowed me to drop my bodyweight down to 166 lbs, NOT the Tribustol.

There were really only two notable effects from Tribustol that I experienced. One was an occasional bump in vascularity after taking 3 caps with food. For all I know, this could've just been my body's response to the food and not the Tribustol because that effect went away after the first week.

The second effect was the most pronounced and likely the worst negative side effect I've ever had the misfortune of getting from a supplement. Tribustol completely altered my personality. This is not a joke.

I'm used to the occasional agro that comes along with being on a test booster, and I'd say I do a fair job at keeping it in check. With Tribustol, I expected more of the same.

But as I noted in my log, Tribustol pretty much turned me into an insufferable ***. For anyone who knows me, that's just not the real me. I'm generally a really happy guy and I love to mess around and joke and keep things light just as much as the next guy. But near the end of my time with Tribustol, that me was nowhere to be found.

I would literally have to FORCE myself to smile sometimes just to be in a good mood for a few seconds. It felt like every second of every day was a pain. I was emotionless most times, and when I wasn't emotionless, I was frustrated.

The worst part was that I was aware of all of this. It was like an out of body experience. I was realizing that I was snapping back at my friends or family when they just wanted to have a conversation, or that I was just sitting there mad at the world at work when I'd generally be talkative.

When this was happening, I began to think what could be causing me to do this and started slowly taking those things out of my daily routine. I falsely thought it was too much caffeine because nothing changed when I cut that down. But I took out the Tribustol and waited a week or so, and what do you know, back to normal.

Coincidence? I doubt it. I've never been happier to throw away a supplement in my entire life. I'd actually like to give Tribustol a negative rating in effectiveness, but since that's impossible, it is 100% deserving of a 0. That 1-2 week period of anger, frustration, constant stress, and lack of production was seriously one of the worst periods of my entire life.

With the dosing schedule unable to make up it's own mind, and the effectiveness below zero at this point, it doesn't make sense to rate the value anything higher than a 0 either.

Once again, this is an area where I'd rate less than 0 if possible. Not just because of the terrible effectiveness, but also because of the price tag. As KevO mentioned, NES offers each bottle for $70 and it auto bills you every month for a new bottle unless you cancel.

Companies like that make me absolutely sick. They're just out to take advantage of people and constantly steal their hard earned money. I'm not even a fan of the monthly re-up even if the product does work. It's just inherently shady to me. If I want to buy the product every month, I'll do it on my own accord, thank you very much.

As you can see, I didn't pull any punches with this review. The zeroes across the board are exactly what this product deserves, and I hope this collection of negative reviews exposes NES for the scam that they really are.

I start out using every new product with optimism, and it really takes a lot for anything to *** me off enough to go below a 6 for the overall. But Tribustol has reached a new low.

Looking back at the website makes me want to puke. What an elaborate hoax.

Overall
    Overall
    0.0
      June 18, 2013

• Just Nothing At All
      First off let me say I appreciated the opportunity to try Tribustol, however there were and are several red flags that are flying all over the place with this product and company in general.
      I honestly never actually thought Id give a product all zeros across the board, but I feel like I am absolutely justified in doing so with this product. Garlick and Lava did a great job reviewing and totay breaking down Tribustol, so I will be repeating some of their thoughts and feelings about it, as well as adding mine.

Profile: 0/10
      Wow are you kidding me?
      Its insanely underdosed in its main, supposedly effective ingredient: Tribulus
      First off, we all know that Tribulus is basically worthless, except for a minor libido boost effect. Secondly, if one wanted to feel that libido boost they would need a hell of a lot more than thats included in Tribustol(refer to Garlick's review for a breakdown).
      In addition to the ridiculous claims of having a 'concentrated' version of tribulus, this fly by night company cant even get their product label to coordinate with their suggested use. On the bottle it says to take ONE capsule a day, however on their flyer it said to take one per 40lbs of bodyweight. Wtf!? Are you kidding me? So which one is it? You would think they would have straightened that out before releasing the product. That just goes to show how disorganized and downright unprofessional this company is.
      The profile is a total joke and the inconsistent labeling/directions are extremely sketchy.
      Pathetic.

Initially upon recieving Tribustol I did some research and came to the conclusion that on paper the product looks worthless. However, the company included a fact/instructional sheet explaining why their formula is superior to others using tribulus and blah blah blah. Honestly it was all a crock of poo, but I like to give things the benefit of doubt.
      Unfortunately, I literally felt zero difference in any aspect of training and or life in general when taking Tribustol. I followed their suggested protocol to a tee and still nothing at all. Trust me when I say I was hoping and reaching for some tangible results from this product, but I ended up with just a gut full of 360 worthless capsules.
      Complete and miserable failure.

$70 a bottle and automatic billing every month...ugh

I can go on and on about how sad this product is and how they did a terrible job putting this together, however it goes further than that for me. Let me explain...

Upon visiting their website the first thing that sticks out to me is the unbelievable and downright ridiculous claims they make. Read them for yourself, its seriously laughable.
      Besides the faulty scientific claims, ridiculous claims of what the product does and pathetic profile, this scam of a company has an auto charge system that charges you monthly for bottles of Tribustol unless you cancel, similar to the infamous Force Factor. It would be one thing if the product was decent and effective, but Tribustol is about as effective as a sugar pill and has no real science to back it up. That being said, I can only conclude that the entire thing is a total scam.
      I seriously cant stand companies that use predatory systems like this, they should be ashamed of themselves.
      Knowing all this, I seriously question whether I was actually getting what they said was in the capsules. With a company such as this, for all I know I was taking ground up brown paper bags in capsule form.
      Take this review for what it is, my take on a joke of a product and IMO a scam of a company.
      Ramsey Rodriguez, the creator of Tribustol you really should be ashamed and if you truly stand by this product and company come on here and prove us all wrong.

Overall
      Overall
      2.0
      2.0
        June 16, 2013

• No Increase In Libido
        I'm going to write a negative review for this product, and hopefully back it up with some justifications as to why I really do think this product is just terrible.

There's not much to this. The company claims this can help you recover faster, increase testosterone, increase your muscle mass & lose weight.

I just don't see how.

To start, the claim from their website is: "Tribustol has more impressive effects on the body and no water retention or dehydration like Creatine can have.
        Most creatine studies show a increase of strength 15-20lbs. Tribustol among weigthlifters can increase strength up to 50lbs in 8 weeks!"

First of all, Creatine has several scientific studies to back up the efficacy of how it reacts in the system, and what it does to increase energy levels inside of muscle fibers.

Tribustol....nope. Not a single double blind study that has been published by a 3rd party of any kind. The website claims they did a study at Southern Methodist University, but I can't find the actual study, nor is it published in any medical journal of any kind. The study was also conducted only by the owner and founder of Tribustol. Not the most reliable source, to just "take his word for it".

So what do they then offer?? A letter of recommendation for the integrity of the owner by someone with a PHD.....now we're getting somewhere....Or not.

Finally, it was time to research on my own. We have all seen the studies on Tribulus, and if not, take a moment to go to pubmed simply type in Tribulus & Testotserone, and read the hundreds of studies that have been conducted in a double blind, 3rd party manner on Tribulus, and see why having a single recommendation from a PHD for the honesty of an individual, can't change the fact that Tribulus is not an Androgenic compound, and bears little to no value when it comes to Endocrine sensitive tissue stimulation. If you need a higher sperm count, or need something to increase your libido a bit, this may help.

Oh, but wait....the company claims that Tribustol is a more concentrated version of Tribulus, and therefore is more powerful than your standard Tribulus terrestris supplement.

OK, let's have a little investigation into this. The dosages of the double blind study that was given in vivo to Wistar rats in 2010, was well over 4x the amount in any given Tribulus supplement when body weight was considered. So how concentrated is the formula of Tribustol?? Well, standard supplementation is standardized to approximately 10% saponins. Tribustol is 45% saponins!! Genius! It's 4x as strong!!

Oh, but hold on, standard tribulus supplementation is around 1000mg, and in this, there's only 45mg. So while it's 4x as strong, you have to take 4 capsules to get this effect......and after you increase to that amount, the studies still say there's no effect on androgenic receptors at all.

So how am I supposed to build muscle, and decrease fat, if I'm not increasing the androgenic activity in my body??

OH.....so it's the mix of multi vitamins that causes this.....

So what else is there in this compound that makes it better than my standard multi-vitamin?? Nothing...

I see....No increase in Androgenic activity, and no extra benefit from the increase in vitamins. Hmmm....

Well, let's get to the numbers:

My current diet and exercise program has me at a steady .5" of waist reduction per month with no increase in body weight, and standard LBM increase of around 1-2 pounds per month, with a reduction of body fat percentage that has been holding steady at .25%.

In running Tribustol for 1 full month......NOTHING CHANGED!

No increase in fat reduction, no increase in LBM, no strength increases of note and no increase in metabolic rate over the 1 month period.

So what did this do?? Honestly I don't truly know, because I didn't really have an increase in my libido either.

I'm supposed to find this owner extremely honest and forth coming as an individual, and possibly he is when I speak to him in person, but to claim his is better than Creatine?? I'm not very convinced of either the benefits of his product, nor the way he has conducted an honest business so far.

A couple of facts about my run on Tribustol, I have been taking 6 pills per day for the last 3 weeks, 3 in the morning, and 3 at night. That's actually higher than the recommended daily dosage of Tribulus, which if you compensate for 4x the strength, means I was taking even more than the standard study. I also stopped all Creatine supplementation during this time (bad idea and I need to get back on immediately) so as to compare and contrast the feelings of being on Creatine vs Tribustol.

My work out regiment was 4-5 days a week of intense training, with 2 sessions a month with a personal trainer, and documented workout sessions with planned exercises per day.

My meal plan consists of 1800-2000 calories per day, 500-700 calories below my maintenance level, with my macro nutrient mix of high protein & fats with lower carbs 5 days a week, with 2 carb loading days that increase my calorie intake up over 2800-3000 per day. Again, my standard results have been outstanding over the last year, with extremely steady results.

Based on what I've experienced during this month, I can definitely say, $70 per bottle is INSANE for a compound as terrible as this one.

Stay away from this one, and the owner can have as many friends write him personal recommendations as possible, there is no science at all, that will back up his claims.

3.0
          June 9, 2013

Cons:
          My thanks to the guys at NES and the ER program for allowing me to run 2 bottles of Tribustol. This was a difficult review for me to write because I was unsure whether to grade the product based on my general expectations, as I would any tribulus based product , or based on NES's claims of being a fat burner, a muscle builder, a strength gainer and an all around "feel good" supplement.

It is also touted as being "Better than Creatine" - a lofty claim, for sure. Other examples, from their website: "Tribustol is a great choice of product to replace anabolic steroid use. With a good weight- training program, and high protein diet Tribustol can help you gain up to 10lbs of muscle in 2 months! " or " gain up to 50lb of strength in 8 weeks" . There are similar claims and testimonials for fat loss as well. Let me just say that I have yet to find a product that excels in both muscle building and fat loss at the same time and this has not changed my mind.

But the bottom line is that the goal of each and every Expert Reviewer is to provide users with unbiased product reviews that they can rely on to be an honest reflection of our personal experience with the product. As such, my experience with this product was not favorable and no, I did not find this better than creatine.

Profile: 5/10
          Folic Acid 900mcg
          Vit B12 15mcg
          Potassium 29mg
          Tribulus(40%) 45 mg

Basically it's a formula of vitamins and tribulus. According to NES, it's the ratio of the ingredients that provides the magic. Could well be, although I've got my doubts. Tribulus for example seems under dosed compared to other products that I've taken in the past which were 95% saponins and dosed at 300mg per cap (1-3 caps daily). So even at the 6 caps that I was taking (based on body weight), that still just comes out to 270mg tribulus at 40% saponins. Vitamin dosing is all over the range of what I've experienced in the past – B2 for example seems very low, while some like Vit E and folic acid are well above other products. In any case, I'll gladly defer to the disclaimer that it's the blend/ratios that make the difference and not get hung up on comparing them to standard formulas. As a result I'll rate this right in the middle as it's my opinion that I didn't get much from the main ingredient (trib) due to its low dosing.

Dosing: 7/10
          Dosing was incorrectly printed on the bottles and thus a print out was provided giving the proper dosing based on body weight. I actually liked that it was bodyweight specific. That has always made more sense to me. It is recommended to take 1 cap per 40lb of bodyweight. As such that meant I was taking 6 caps per day. They advise spreading the doses out during the day and taking with food (I suspect for absorption). As such I took 2 caps, 3 times daily with meals. Not the most simple dosing ever, but no real drawback, either.

I got almost nothing from this. And believe me, after reading all the testimonials from reputable sources as well as the impressive claims, I wanted this to work. Not only did I not gain added muscle or lose unwanted bf (other than my normal progressions based on my daily logs), but I also got no boost in libido – the typical effect that I get from tribulus based products. And like I said, the company website has s some solid recommendations both for the product and for its creator, Ramsey Rodriquez. Alas, other people's experiences and/or bona fides don't put muscle on my body, so while they may give me a certain amount of comfort to try a product, ultimately it comes down to performance and in that area, I found this lacking. Unfortunately, there's not much more to say other than I'll assume that I got some minor benefit from the vitamins and trib.

Because I got such poor results – almost none actually, I will leave a small window of opportunity open that perhaps I somehow dosed it incorrectly or the fact that I take other supplements interfered with its effectiveness. If so, I welcome a dialogue on where I erred.

Ok, obviously this didn't perform for me personally so value would be low, however, I am rating this just based on the fact that the price is $69.95 for 150 caps and available only from the vendor. (Although bulk pricing lowers the per bottle price as low as $52.25 per bottle) Shipping is a flat rate of $9.95, so that means that a single bottle can be as high as $79.95. This is just out of the range of competitive pricing for a tribulus based product and is in no way in-line with the cost of ingredients. Given the fact that I took 6 caps per day, 1 bottle lasts less than a month. That rent's just too damn high! (google Jimmy McMillan if you don't get the reference.)

I also found other reviews on the web that claimed this was an auto-ship product (arriving automatically each month) although there is no reference to that on the website. So perhaps that has changed or is incorrect. I would hope it is not the case as I am not a fan of this practice.

Overall 4/10
          This is the lowest review that I've ever done and I feel somewhat bad for not being able to write a more positive review but at the end of the day this product didn't perform for me at all and I have a responsibility in all my reviews to be honest. Perhaps other ER's will have a more positive experience so by all means keep an open mind; the error could be solely on my behalf. In any case, it is my opinion that NES is setting user expectations way too high with their claims. I understand the mechanics of supplement marketing but these claims are just so fantastic that I doubt any product could deliver. To be totally open and fair, you can find a great number of testimonials on the web that are the exact opposite of my experience. So like I said, take this as just one review among many and draw your own conclusions.