Total Vegan Delight - Isolated Pea prot. Reviews

By: TBN Labs

Total Vegan Delight - Isolated Pea prot. is a Plant Protein Powder manufactured by TBN Labs. It is a common vegan-alternative to dairy and other animal based proteins. It supports lean muscle gain by supplying protein to recovering muscles and can enhance fat loss.

Overall
Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  November 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • GMO Free
  • Vegan
  • Needs More Servings
  • Not Cheap
  • Wish There Was More Protein Per Serving

A vegan protein with strong pea flavoring but still a good protein powder.

Thank you to the people at TBN Labs for letting me review your protein. I always like trying protein powders that are not the norm and I sometimes stray from vegan products but this is a good one to try. TBN sometimes gets a bad rep but I believe it makes a good product so this was an easy choice.

This is per serving of one scoop.

Total Fat 1.7 g
Carbs 10 g
Sugar 4 g
Added sugar 3 g
Protein 20 g

This is an isolated pea protein so needless to say, pea is the main ingredient. This is vegan so no added beef or chicken based products. The secondary ingredients are what they call "Farmer's Berry Blends" of 6000 mg. This comprises isolate pea, organic mild blueberry juice powder, organic strawberry juice powder, organic blackberry juice powder, organic pomegranate juice powder, and freeze dry strawberry powder. I think these ingredients are self-explanatory so I am not going to get into a breakdown of each ingredient. The core pea protein is where the protein comes from and the berries are to help with the flavor as this is berry tasting product. The ingredients are organic and vegan so this is great for anyone looking for a vegan protein, so I give it a great rating, but from a normal protein powder, it is a middle ranking due to the one scoop being low in protein amount.

In order for me to rate this product, I have to look at this from a vegan point of view so this will not reflect the normal protein powder available on the market. First is the taste of what is supposed to be berries but not a lot of berries taste but I give it a great ranking for a vegan protein powder. I used mainly almond milk to give it a berry taste as the taste was meant to be berried flavored. The berry flavor was not the core taste because the core is pea's and that is what I started to taste by the 6th serving. The water did not help the taste so the almond milk is what I recommend. The pea taste was overwhelming near the end, so I did have to use my normal protein along the way to finish the tub. Even after taking it, for a few minutes to an hour I would get the pea taste left in my mouth. For a vegan taste, I think it was pretty good, so I give this a high-ranking.

Second, mix-ability was not an issue. I did have to use a lot of almond milk like products that are vegan to get the protein powder to mix. I would usually mix it with 12-16 ounces to get it where I like it. No liquid item used seemed to make it easier to mix. At no point when I stirred did I ever get a good mix. You have to shake it pretty well to get a good mix and even. then it could be hard to mix servings. For mixability from a vegan stand. point, I would give this a good ranking.

Third, is the dosing. It lists everything at one scoop which is 20 grams of protein. The one scoop was not enough protein amd I want my protein shakes. to get the amount of protein around 30 to 40 grams. I usually had one scoop and a half after a workout. So, dosing wise a little low, so I give this a low rating.

The straightforward answer is this was an effective protein since it is hard to rank with measurable elements. The nice thing is that it was not only isolated protein but a natural vegan protein. I had good muscle recovery. Sometimes protein shakes. can make your stomach a bit upset but that was never an issue with this product. I was able to get the things that I needed with my protein. I would say it was effective, so I give it a good ranking.

I was only able to find this on the TBN website. A 20 servings is $60 which is $3.00 per serving. I usually keep my protein powders around $1.25 per serving but again, I need to look at this from the vegan products. The vegan product can get from $2.50 to $6.00 per serving so that puts this one in the low price range. The price hike is due to the vegan protein ingredients. For me, this is not too high per servings, so I give this a good ranking.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I believe this is a nice protein powder. The ingredients were good. The carbs, sugar, and calories were a little high. The taste and mixability were nice. The dosing was low per serving. The Total Vegan Delight was effective. The price is good for a vegan protein. I think this is a solid protein powder. I like my beef and chicken and due to the price, I would not buy it again but natural heathy protein is always worth the try. I give this a high-ranking for a vegan product.
  • Farmers Berry: 6/10

Overall
Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  September 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vegan
  • GMO Free
  • Wish There Was More Protein Per Serving
  • Not Cheap
  • Needs More Servings

A high priced vegan protein that could benefit from including more protein.

What is going on guys? Vegan protein is slowly becoming popular and I wanted to get in on the 'pea isolate' fad! I'd like to give a big shoutout to SR and TBN labs for making this review possible. Let's get it!

1 serving:
132 Calories
1.7g Fat (.44g Saturated)
10g Carbs
20g Protein

Farmers berry blend 6g: Isolated pea protein, Organic Wild Blueberry Juice Powder, Organic Cranberry Juice Powder, Organic Strawberry Juice Powder, Organic Blackberry Juice Powder, Organic Pomegranate Juice Powder, Freeze Dry Strawberry Powder

All other Ingredients: L Taurine, N Acetyl L Cystein, Organic Grape Seed Extract and Stem Extract, Organic Astragalus Root, Organic Dandelion Extract [Leaf/Root], Milk Thistle [80% Silymarine Root], Probiotic Blend and Fibersol 2.

This protein is plant based from isolated pea protein. It's the vegan alternative to the usual dairy-based protein that floods the markets today. The 'vegan' part of this product definitely places it in an upper tier as far as usual market prices go. Vegan products are almost always way more pricey than your usual alternatives, but the macros on this thing are very flexible. 20 grams of protein is a little lower than i would like to see for a dose compared to the rest of the market but I like the low-fat content. 10g of carbs won't make or break you either, as far as I'm concerned I like carbs immediately post workout with my protein so this helps to get the ball rolling. The ingredients are obviously all natural so this protein is pretty much as 'clean' (from the earth) as you're gonna get. I'ver never taken a pea isolate before so I'm very curious to see how my body reacts to it. I also don't want to finish this section without mentioning that this product is also GMO free!

Taste: I've never had a berry tasting protein before (I got the farmers berries flavor) and that kind of weirded me out lol but the taste was fine. I'm just so used to the vanilla chocolate tastes that I was confused when my protein tasted like a BCAA or pre workout product.

Mixibility: Very easy mixing, never any problems

Dosage: I took 2 scoops immediately post workout to supplement 40g of protein into my daily diet. With my days getting busier and busier it's hard to get quality 'normal' sources of protein from food. I really wish there was more than 20 servings in a container when you do 2 scoops a day like i usually do with all my protein powders, this stuff goes really quick.

As far as protein is concerned, I believe it did what it was supposed to do. It supplemented my daily protein intake and helped me achieve my daily protein needs in a convenient portable powder. Now, i think the product would have benefited me more if every serving contained just a little bit more protein so that maybe i wouldn't have to double scoop every day. I didn't experience any stomach/digestion issues while taking this product. Bloating was basically nonexistent. And I'm almost certain that this product helped me build lean muscle (contributed the same amount as any other protein source would.)

This product is right under $60 on Amazon and the manufacturer's site ($59.55) for 20 servings. That's $3 per scoop and if you're using multiple per day that gets really expensive fast. I get that vegan products cost more than your run of the mill protein powder but I looked for alternatives to compare pricing and you can get similar products by Vega in the $20-$25 range for 9-10 servings. That would be somewhere between $40 and $50 for 20 servings like this product. So it's not absolutely insane when you look at the vegan protein market, but even then it still is on the expensive side.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're looking for a vegan protein this is a good one for a BIG price.