Total Mass [Superior Muscle Mass Builde] Reviews

By: TBN Labs

Total Mass [Superior Muscle Mass Builde] is a Weight Gainer manufactured by TBN Labs. It is a protein based supplement that has additional calories from carbohydrates and fats. It is meant to add additional calories for the body in order to assist with weight and muscle mass gain.

Click here to read our
Ultimate Mass Gainer Guide

October 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Digests Well
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • Sweetened With Stevia

I have begun bulking as most people do for the winter times. I have a solid diet and can get my calories in for the day most of the time, however, sometimes busy schedules can interfere with that. So a mass gainer seemed right up my alley for this bulk, and Total mass by TBN Labs did not disappoint. Before I get started I want to put two things out there, thanks a lot to the SR TROOP program and TBN Labs for sending me this product. Secondly, I always like to add that I am not at all a nutritionist or have any degree of sorts to back up scientifically what I say in this review. I only go off my experience gathered from lifting and what I can read from scholarly articles to bodybuilding articles. On to the review...

So as I stated before when I requested the Total Mass by TBN labs I was about a month into my bulk. This mass gainer was the first that I have tried a full tub of, I had sampled a few but never felt the need to have a full container for myself. I put lots of research into this product and mass gainers in general prior to requesting to try this and I felt it would be very beneficial to me.

The ingredient profile is similar to many mass gainers I saw on the market. An interesting thing about this one, however, is that it is sweetened with stevia which was appealing to me. The made drink adds up to 480 calories, 0 fats, 93 grams of carbs which is high but also a big help for anyone trying to gain mass, 25 grams of protein, and 200 mcg of Vitamin B12. The macronutrients were up to good standards in my eyes. The first problem I had and the only one was that they used a proprietary blend. Its a 120,000 milligram total mass blend. The blend consisted of Whey Protein Conc., Whey Protein Isolate, Glutamine Peptide, Waxy Maize, Sweet Potato Powder, Wild Yam Extract (Dioscorea Villosa), Brown Rice Powder, Maltodextrin, and Multi Grains Powder. The first two ingredients, Whey Protein Concentrate, and Whey protein Isolate are well known by anyone who uses supplements obviously this is where the protein comes from. The Waxy Maize, Sweet Potato Powder, Wild Yam Extract, Cluster Dextrin, Maltodextrin Brown Rice Powder and Multi Grains Powder are all Carb supplements. These are added to get that 93 grams of carbs, and it gives you those carbs from all different sources which I like. The other ingredient is Leuzea Carthamoides, this ingredient was new to me and I had a few concerns, however, most of what I saw about it was a lot of possible positives and no negatives. This is an ingredient I would do your own research on because the research I found was limited. This profile is loaded with ingredients that are suggested when anyone wants to put on mass.

Taste- The flavor I chose to try was Cookies and cream, seemed the most appealing to me, and I had not had a supplement drink in that flavor in a while. The taste was decent, it had real pieces of oreo-like cookies in the drink, which is appealing and tasted better however it made it hard to chug this which is what I prefer to do. When mixed with the 12 ounces of water as it said to do, the shake did not have much of taste that really stood out which to me was nice and made it easier to put it down.
Mixability- Upon first opening this container the biggest worry I had was the mixability. The scoop was the size of a laundry detergent scooper. But upon pouring water onto the powder, the powder just seemed to dissolve right into the water, and the drink was not even thick. the only part left was the little pieces of cookie and some residue on the bottom of the cup if you decided to hand stir it instead of using a shaker bottle.
Dosing- I took the recommended serving size about once a day. Normally I would have it prior to my workout to help fuel my workouts and make sure I had enough energy for heavy and long workouts. however some days I had it in the morning and sometimes at night. I had no problems with feeling too full or anything. But I do normally eat a lot and drink plenty of water as it is.

Effectiveness is hard to judge in products like mass gainers and protein. For a mass gainer, the best determining factor of effectiveness is a mass gain. While using this I was able to put on around six to eight pounds, while maintaining my ab visibility. This tub lasted me around a month which is longer than I expected, but that amount of mass gain is very good for a month and without putting on much fat. So in my eyes, this product was effective, on the front of the container, there are some extreme claims made, which are true for the most part. While using this I did increase my size and strength, my muscles seemed less fatigued and I was recovering very well. There was no "super size" or "super human strength" but most people would hopefully know that no supplement can do that on its own.

The only place I found this available was on the TBN website the 16 servings like I received is $44.75. That is around $2.36 per serving which is not bad for a weight gainer since they are normally more expensive. The better deal if you have the spare money is the 60 servings for 84.75 which is around $1.41 per serving. Which at that point is a great value for at least a 2 months supply.

Side Effects

No side effects for me did not even seem to upset my stomach ever.

Conclusion

All in all, if you are looking for a mass gainer, Total Mass by Tbn Labs is a great choice. As far as a mass gainer goes it met all of the expectations I had for it. This can help you put on some size and gain some strength without sacrificing your stomach or even really your wallet. The only thing that could make this better is a nonproprietary blend. Thanks again to the SR TROOP program and Total Body Nutrition.
  • Cookies N Cream: 8/10

August 27, 2018

• Good Ingredient Profile

I want to give a big thanks to Total Body Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to review Total Mass. Lately I've been trying to gain weight with different weight gainers whether they are low carb/fat or higher carb/fat content. My last review was on a lean mass/weight gainer and saw good results. I wanted to up the ante upping my caloric intake to see if it made any difference with a number of different things. I want to say that I was really impressed with the overall effectiveness of Total Mass.

Label Claims:
- Dramatic Weight Gain
- Muscle Growth
- Muscle Repair
- All Natural

The basic ingredient profile looks something like this:
Per Serving
480 Calories
0 Calories from Fat - Total Fat 0g
93g Total Carbohydrates
4g Sugar - very low total for a weight gainer
25g Protein - (Concentrate/Isolate)
200mcg Vitamin B12

The Total Mass Blend (120,000mg) is made up of 10 ingredients.... solid list of ingredients especially in terms of Carbohydrate content. While there is sugar in Total Mass (4g) the rest of the carbohydrate content (89g) is made up of a solid list of ingredients such as Sweet Potato Powder, Wild Yam Extract, Brown Rice Powder, Multi Grains Powder. Total Mass is sweetened by dextrose, stevia, date sugars. The biggest take away is the quality of protein (concentrate/isolate) & carbohydrate sources - thing I look at most when deciding to buy a mass gainer.

Taste - For this review I received the Cookies & Cream flavor which is one of five available. Before I get into the taste I must note the size of the scooper is way too big. When I scooped the powder it barely fit through the opening of the container. Because of this a lot of powder fell out and I would have to hand shovel it into my shaker cup. I'd suggest a smaller scoop and making it a 2 scoop serving because it can get messy with the current scoop. Now onto flavor, this was an absolute hit - it tasted like a cookies & cream milkshake with cookie chunks mixed in. Quite possibly the best tasting weight gaining formula I've ever had - flavor gets a 9.5/10.

Mixability - As for the serving size 120,000mg you would expect a ton of clumping and undissolved powder. This was far from the truth.... this almost dissolved instantly within a few seconds of shaking. Almost felt like a magic trick watching it dissolve so quickly.

Dosing - In regards to dosing I had one serving a day usually following a training session given the carbohydrate/protein content. I only mixed Total Mass with water during the duration of this review - I used anywhere between 16-20oz of water.

Total Mass comes with a ton of claims on the label to include muscular/weight gains, faster recovery, muscular retention. After finishing the tub I have to say TBN Total Mass met all of these claims. Its rare for a product to meet so many claims but this is one of a very few. At the end of the day I gained close to 5lbs which I consider to be lean muscle. I didn't feel bloated or fat - just a fuller muscular feel all around.

My recovery rate was increased and didn't really have a fight with the dreaded DOMs. With the recovery rate increased the muscle repair was just the same and felt fresh going into workouts where I would normally feel sore. My strength went up some but it wasn't anything dramatic with huge PRs. However at the end of the day I was impressed with the overall effectiveness.

In terms of value the only place I could find Total Mass was on the TBN website. Total Mass comes in two different sizes: 5lbs (19 servings) & 15.89lbs (60 servings) with 5 different flavors. The 5lbs tub which I received retails for $44.75 or $2.36 a serving. Weight gainers are typically on the higher end of cost to begin with & considering the ingredient profile/effectiveness I think its a good price. The 15.89lbs tub has an even better value if you have the money right now. No matter what also be on the lookout for coupon/discount codes.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion TBN Total Mass gets a thumbs up and a big recommendation from myself. This has just about everything a hard gainer is looking for when deciding between what weight gainers to buy. It has everything from a solid ingredient profile from quality sources to being an effective weight gainer. Once again I want to thank Total Body Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

August 15, 2018

• Sweetened With Stevia

Thank you SR troops and TBN Labs for the opportunity to give this mass gainer a try! We all know that for some of us hard gainers no matter how many calories you put in etc it never seems to help or some of us simply cannot eat enough to make up the calories to make those gains. I am one of those people that struggle with eating all my calories in a day.

To be honest, What stood out the most to me was the fact that they use Stevia to sweeten it! But other than that.... 120,000mg total mass blend (whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, glutamine peptide, waxy maize, sweet potato powder, wild yam extract, brown rice powder, maltodextrin, and multi grains powder). 25g of protein, 93g of carbs, 4G of sugar, .

The scoop on this bad boy was absolutely insane. It was tough at times to scoop a full scoop without taking some out so it doesnt tip back over in there. But other than that. I mixed one scoop with about 12fl oz of almond milk. Mixed it with my shaker and rarely had clumps. Sometimes it would be gritty but I think that was due to me not mixing enough milk at times. Oh forgot to mention. I got cookies and cream and mine had legit chunks of cookies in there!

During my time of taking this product I felt my muscle a little bit fuller and overall felt great because this did not upset my stomach etc. I did gain a good 2-3 lbs and I feel like taking this mass gainer helped me out a good amount. The gainer helped me get a good night "meal" in before bedtime and it did help me with recovery a bit more as well as I did not feel as sore as before and my intensity was the same. Well actually a bit higher than normal because like I said before I was feeling real good. haha

5lb 19 servings at $44.75
60 servings $84.75
Both prices come straight from their website.

Side Effects

None to report usually with gainers you experience some stomach discomfort etc but not with this!

Conclusion

If you are looking for a good gainer that is not artificially sweetened. Please look into this product and you will not regret it. We are all trying to make those gains when bulking and I am sure most struggle with calories. This definitely has all you need in one with an amazing taste to go along with it!

June 20, 2018

• Poor Ingredient Profile
  • Indigestion

I was really excited to try this because the panel looked nice and clean, I am a big fan of meal replacements in general, and everyone who'd reviewed it so far said it tasted great. It definitely did taste good, but every time I tried it I got terrible stomach cramps and ultimately had to call it quits on this one.

I want to thank TBN Labs for sending this out. Anyone who's been on this site for a while knows I'm usually the biggest baby in the mix when it comes to digestion issues with proteins/mass gainers/meal replacements. I think this is the third time I've been the only one experiencing issues. Maybe it's just me, but regardless, I drink proteins and meal replacements/mass gainers all the time that *don't* cause me issues, and there must be some jello-bellied consumer out there just as concerned about putting their tummy into knots as I am. So, I must do my duty (indigestion pun) and tell everyone about my woes.

I typically use mass gainers/meal replacements as post-workout shakes or late afternoon snacks. I'm an early morning lifter, lately early enough to be waiting for the doors to be unlocked. I'm also constantly on the go at work and as a dad, so shakes are a serious necessity to avoid anything wrapped in paper and handed to me through a window.

I had some issues with the ingredient profile of Total Mass before I even ordered it, but the positive reviews sold me.

What we know is that one laundry-detergent sized scoop yields 480k/cal and 0g fat, and 25g of protein, then in parenthesis (as Caseinate and Gelatine). But then we have a 12g Total Mass Blend with no casein or gelatin listed-- just whey concentrate and isolate. Is this additional protein? Are there more than 25g? Who knows. We have no indication on the amount of carbs in here either. The Total Mass blend lists whey concentrate and isolate as the first two ingredients with no indication of the filtration method, then glutamine peptide (I don't want to accuse anyone of protein spiking, but wasn't this one of the most common amino acids used when companies were doing that? Concerning...), then Waxi Maize, sweet potato powder, wild yam extract, brown rice powder, maltodextrin, and multi grains powder.

So, Waxi Maize is the chief carb here, at least we know that. That's a good, slow digesting, low insulin spiking carb source.

Overall though, the lack of transparency is killing me. How can you not list the carbs? And, I still think the proteins seem misleading.

Just not a huge fan of the ingredient panel in general.

Dosing: I tried this in the morning before work and after my lift, before bed, and in the afternoon between meals. No matter when I tried it I got the same bad reaction. I had knots in my stomach every time within 5 minutes of drinking it. It didn't matter if I sipped it or chugged it, they'd hit me at the same speed but with varying intensity.

Mixability: I'd say slightly below average here. It was fine in a blender, but when shaken I could never get it all dissolved. There were big chunks of cookie or chocolate in there, but there was always little flour-like chunks as well that threw off the texture.

Taste: The taste was on point. It tasted quite good and didn't have any stevia bitter aftertaste.

Unfortunately, I really can't make a determination on this one. I barely made it through half the tub and had to take days-long breaks between servings to bring myself to drink it again. I was always met with disappointment when I finally did... and discomfort.

I'd usually gauge a meal replacement/mass gainer like this on satiety, taste, macros, and finally, whether I noticed a gain in size or change in composition. I can't judge the macros at all because they don't even tell you how many carbs are in it and I'm not sure the protein is even accurate, the satiety was thrown off by the fact that I felt sick for hours after taking it, and there's no way I can judge the change in composition or size because I couldn't take it consistently or even finish. The taste was good. I'll give them that. +1.

I believe this is only for sale on TBN's website right now at $44.75 for 19 servings. That works out to $2.36/serving which is right about average, maybe slightly below other competitors in the category.

Side Effects

If I haven't belabored it enough, stomach cramps and indigestion every time I tried it.

Conclusion

I simply can't recommend this product. If you're on the fence about whether to buy this, you can certainly pay closer attention to the other reviewers who tried this and had great things to say but I'm not one of them. I think there are better, including tastier, options available for you to try that you'll be much happier with.

Thank you again to TBN, sorry this one didn't work out for me.
  • Cookies N Cream: 7/10

June 11, 2018

• Favorable Weight Gain

Weight gainers are typically for those who have a hard time putting on weight or have a hard time eating the amounts of foods they need. If your wanting to gain a few extra pounds and put on a little more size this product will for sure help you do that. A lot of weight gainers from the past were filled with a lot of extra junk that helped you gain more fat than help you build good lean muscle. Since then they have really improved a lot I think and this product I feel really helps you pack on a little more size and weight but not make you feel all bloated.

First off I want to thank TBN Labs for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I never really use to be into weight gainer type products that much because of how they were made and filled with a lot of unwanted stuff in there that would make more fat like than helping you to build more lean muscle mass. This will be my third weight gainer type product I have used and so far been impressed with how they have gotten to be a lot better product. This I will say I was really impressed with and how well it worked for me. If your looking to put on a little more size this product will for sure help with that.

You get 480 calories. You get 0 total fats, 93g of carbs which is a hefty amount, 25g of protein and some vitamin B12 at 200mcg.

The biggest part of this is the total mass blend which consists of a total of 120,000mg. In this part there is a lot of really good stuff they put in here and at a pretty hefty amount to make up the 120,000mg. In this part you are getting Whey Protein Conc., Whey Protein Isolate, Glutamine Peptide, Waxi Maize, Sweet Potato Powder, Wild Yam Extract (Diosocrea Villosa), Brown Rice Powder, Maltodextrin, and Multi Grains Powder. I would be nice to see how they have this broken down and not in one big prop blend. With everything that is in this and at the amounts they use it would be pretty hard to go gain some weight and size.

Cookies & Cream is the flavor I went with. I thought this was pretty good. It does have little pieces of cookies in it which was a nice little added treat. This is sweetened with stevia which I am not a big fan off because of the after taste it usually leaves me. For the most part I thought this tasted really good and enjoyed drinking this. I did notice that in the mornings when I would take this that after I got done drinking it I did get a little bit of an cotton month after taste and I believe that was from the stevia they use and did not care much for that part. To get rid of that taste I would have to drink a little extra water and that seemed to help.

I was really surprised when I saw the size of the scoop for this. The size of the scoop for this is the size of a cup you use to cook or bake with. For being such a big scooper everything in this seemed to mix up really well. No left over powder or anything that will stick to the sides of your shaker bottle. Everything seems to mix up fairly well except for the little pieces of cookie they used but that was understandable why that part did not mix up.

All you need to one scoop each time you use this. There is no real need to do more than one scoop at a time considering what all is in this. I would do one scoop in the mornings before I left for work. I was taking this later in the mornings during my first break at work but changed it to right away in the mornings because how this made me feel so full like and wanted more in between when I took this and lunch time.

When I got this my plan was to take this at work during my first break around 9-9:30 in the morning. I did that a few times but after drinking this it made me feel really full and by the time I was ready for lunch around 12 I would still feel a bit full and not ready for lunch yet. So instead I decided I would take this in the morning when I would leave for work around 6:15-6:20 and start work at 7 so it would have a little more time to be able to fully digest into my system and then by the time lunch came around I would start to feel a little more hungry. After drinking this it kept me feeling full for about 2 hours or so. I found it to be better to take right away in the mornings on my way to work.

When I started taking this I was around 205 body weight and after I had been on this for a awhile I started to notice my weight started to go up a little more. Towards the end of my run on this I was sitting at or around 210lbs. There was a couple times my weight got up to 212 which I had never been at before. My weight usually likes to vary a little and while I was using this it seemed to stay closer around that 210lb mark. I noticed while using this I started to gain a lot more muscle mass and my muscles started looking a lot more full. Also my lifts started going up a bit more and was feeling a bit stronger than I normally would. It was nice being able to gain that little extra weight and have it be more muscle mass rather than just a lot of bloating. It was nice to feel better also and my recovery really improved a lot more. I was feeling a lot less soreness and could perform a lot better in the gym. I know when my body weight starts going up I usually get a bit stronger. I am someone that usually has a hard time gaining weight and usually stay at the same weight and never really change much. For someone that wants to add a little extra size and bulk more this is really going to help you a lot. With this now being summer time it's hard to want to use something like this since I don't really want to look to bloated like which it did do a little. If it's winter time and you are in full bulking mode this would be really good to have. I would for sure use this again.

I felt like after I took this it digested fairly quickly into my system. It never felt like it would just sit in my stomach for awhile before digesting. With everything that is in this I was rather surprised how well it digested into my system and not cause me any up set stomach issues or bathroom issues. This for me was like eating another full meal because I tend to have a hard time eating beyond my regular meals. This also helped to take away any issues I would have with wanting to snack on junk food later in the evening.

Right now this product is not widely available and I could only find this on their website and amazon.com. This comes in two sizes. I was sent the 5lb tub which has 19 servings in it and they want $44.75 for 19 servings. I don't think that is to bad considering what all they put in this and how effective it is. I do think their bigger size container is a little better deal if you can afford it or have a few extra funds to use. The bigger size is a 15.89lb container and has 60 servings and is $84.75.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed

Conclusion

I was really impressed with how well this product worked for me. Not only did I add weight but was also able to put on some good muscle mass and not have a lot of bloating. If your looking for a good mass gainer that will help you add more weight and size and not cause you a lot of bloating issues this is the gainer for sure to try. Also if your someone that has a hard time eating this will really help you and make it a lot easier to do. I would say if you are able to go with the larger container I would go with that instead because it will last you a lot longer. This is for sure a mass gainer I would be more than happy to use again. If I was to use this again I would not use it in the summer but wait till winter when I am more into bulking. The one down side to this is that it is not widely available to buy and would like and hope to see more site starting carrying this product line. Again I want to give a big shout out to TBN Labs for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.
  • Cookies N Cream: 8/10

October 6, 2017

• Favorable Weight Gain

A special thanks to TBN labs for their continued participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with Total Mass. Total Mass is a weight gainer formula designed to help us more "hardgainert" types get in more of the necessary good calories, carbs, and other vital macros. Of course, while gainers are most helpful for the ectomorph types such as myself, anybody looking to bulk up can use them. In the past, gainers were often frowned upon mainly due to their profiles containing a lot of unnecessary sugars, low quality carb sources, and unwanted fats. As a result, users often complained of digestive issues and putting on more fat than muscle. Nowaday, we're more prudent and knowledgeable about what to look for in ingredient profiles in all types of supplements and can identify the additives we don't want. I myself use gainers at times during bulking phases and was interested in giving Total Mass a go after seeing its profile.

Each serving begins with 25 grams of protein, 93g of carbs, a mere 4g of sugar, and 120,000mg total mass blend. Within this blend exists whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, glutamine peptide, waxy maize, sweet potato powder, wild yam extract, brown rice powder, maltodextrin, and multi grains powder. Clearly, an advantage of this gainer is that the both the carb and protein sources are high quality and yield favorable glycemic indices.

Combining all of the ingredients, each serving provides 480 calories. I'm especially fond of the low sugar quantity as that is the biggest concern for me when shopping for a gainer.

One final note, Total Mass is sweetened with stevia, dextrose, and date sugars.

I just want to note that the scooper included with Total Mass was by far one of, if not the biggest scooper I've ever seen in any supplement. The scooper was so huge that it barely fits through the mouth of the tub. I understand it is a gainer formula and seeing a scooper bigger than normal is common, but this scooper takes the cake for being the biggest I've ever seen to date.

Aside of the scooper's size, the taste of Total Mass was great. I got the ripe strawberry and it was very characteristic of strawberry in itself. It had a very satisfying natural sweetness and the overall consistency was real good. Mixed in milk, it was legit like drinking a strawberry milkshake from Friendly's.

The mixability was a little bit of a problem. When a shaker cup is used, there is quite a bit of frothing and foaming. In addition, undissolved clumps often were present. This was easily remedied with the use of a blender. Therefore, I'd recommend the use of a blender when you can.

I used only one serving of this each day. On training day, I would take a serving mixed with water about 20 minutes post workout following a dose of creatine and bcaas. On non training day I would use a serving in the afternoon usually in between my third and fourth meals of the day.

TBN touts that Total Mass can cause dramatic weight gain, muscle retention, repair, growth, solid gains, and recovery.

The weight gained from my use of Total Mass was about 3 pounds. I went from 243 to 246, while still maintaining a lean, vascular look overall. That is not dramatic so to speak, but being that I am a hardgainer and that I gained those 3 pounds while maintaining the lean physique I had, I do consider efficient weight gain.

My muscles and overall body felt fuller, bigger, more pronounced in size. My strength seemed to go up a little on some lifts, but nothing huge. Repair and recovery wise, I was definitely recovering quicker. I felt little to no DOMS in the following days and my physique felt more refreshed and revitalized thanks to the quick glycogen replenishment from Total Mass's carb content.

I liked how Total Mass didn't give me any digestive issues or carb bloat upon taking it. Carb bloat is something I tend to have a problem with gainer formulas, but thankfully, that wasn't the case with Total Mass. Each serving went down easily without any harsh gas, bloating, or bubble gut like feelings.

Overall, Total Mass helped me gain lean mass, increased my recovery, helped with reparation and recuperation, and did have a positive effect on muscular size and strength.

Total Mass comes in two size options, both of which are currently only available on TBN's own website. These servings include a 5 pound tub containing 19 servings (which what I received) at $44.75 and a 15.89 pound tub providing 60 servings priced at $84.75. That might seem a little on the high side, but considering gainers do tend to go for higher prices than traditional protein products, these products are fair to me. Especially given Total Mass efficacy and quality in comparison to more expensive gainers that are even higher priced. Overall, I think this is a very good value for both sizes, but just be sure to capitalize on sales.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Total Mass is most definitely a hardgainer's best friend and for those looking to supplement their macro needs with sufficient and high quality protein and carb sources without added sugars and fats. It's easy on the stomach and if you manage your funds well, it is not too harsh on the wallet either. Of course, it helps that it tastes great too, but just remember to always get the mainstay of your nutrition from good wholesome food.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!!
  • Ripe Strawberry: 9/10

September 30, 2017

• Sweetened With Stevia

First and foremost I would like to thank TBN Labs for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I'm a 39 year old male that works out a lot. I noticed Total Mass on the troopers program and thought to myself this would be perfect for Wednesday's where I do hour and a half of training than some weight lifting and after that I have two hours of soccer. Usually during the game my energy levels are very low ... so I thought this would be ideal to replenish my carbs and protein in between. I didn't think I would fall in love with the product and use it more often than just that Wednesday.

This meal replacement will supplement you with 93 grams of Carbs and 25 grams of protein. There is also 4 grams of sugar plus Vitamin B12 (as Cobalamin) at 200 mcg which is 3,333% of you daily value (wow). Total Mass does not come with any fat ... which one might have mixed feelings since fat is one of the macros we need. Although, there are many other sources we can get fat so not having it here might be a blessing.

The good stuff in Total Mass comes from 120,000mg (120g) Whey Protein Conc., Whey Protein Isolate, Glutamine Peptide, Waxi Maize, Sweet Potato Powder, Wild Yam Extract (Diosocrea Villosa), Brown Rice Powder, Maltodextrin, and Multi Grains Powder.

I got the ripe strawberry flavor and I was amazed how easy it was to mix. At first I was terrified at the size of the scoop and how it would all fit into my shaker ... I added the 16 oz of water and than the powder from the tube and it went on easy ... It really took couple of shakes and it was ready to drink. I really liked the flavor .. it was a little sweet but it hit my taste buds perfectly. I usually took this in the evening after coming back from the gym ... On Wednesday I took this after gym and two hours before soccer and I didn't notice being full. I should also mention that I don't have any after taste from the Stevia ... personally I think it's better for you health compared to other sweeteners.

The convenience of this product is super effective. I get 2 of my most important macros in one scoop couple of shakes and ready to enjoy. I get a good amount of protein to build that lean muscle and the carbs to assist in the synthesis. It's definitely healthier than having a dinner with solid foods that will tax the stomach while you are resting. This also helps you stay full and help fight those nasty munchies ... especially in the evening I get them hard core .. I know this supposed to help me gain mass but I prefer to use it for the lean mass only ... so not having fat is really a big plus for me. This works almost the same way as taking protein would with the DOMS and sourness. It's not as good as having two servings of whey protein but it does enough. I did add more BCAA's to my daily intake because I did not take more protein at night to help me out with recovery.

If you buy the 16 pound tube ... you will pay 1.41 per "meal" but the shipping is 22$ so that comes out to 1.78 which is still a good price. I wish they could work with Amazon and the shipping would have been free for me ... That is a great price for a meal replacement ... you get plenty of protein and calories for such a low price. If you buy the regular tube for 44.75 it will come out to be 2.36 per "meal" which is cheaper compared to others. But, when you buy the large bucket you are really saving a lot and I'm not sure there is any other weight gainer that compares.

Side Effects

None ... really easy to digest ...

Conclusion

Overall I am very pleased with this product so much that I bought a bucket for the future. This comes really handy when you on the go. This can replace a meal or go as a bigger snack. I took this in the evening after my workout to make sure my body has everything it needs to produce the lean mass I want. I also liked this in the evening because it's easier on the stomach than solid food. So, while you are sleeping your stomach can rest. I enjoyed the taste it was more like a reward for the hard work. So to summarize for the price of the larger bucket I highly recommend this product. As always thank you for reading and wish that you always have your macros handy.
  • Ripe Strawberry: 9/10

September 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Digests Well
  • Good Ingredient Profile

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week and try to do active rest type cardio twice a week. I have never taken a Weight Gainer type supplement before, because I typically do not need to gain weight, but when I saw the opportunity come up to try out Total Mass by TBN Labs, I thought I would give it a try and use as a meal replacement type product. I am always looking to get bigger in the right areas anyways, weight is just a number to me as long as I look big and strong! Before we continue, let me thank TBN Labs and the TROOPer program for another opportunity to try out this product.

The important information is labeled out here, with one big prop blend. The following information is based off one scoop with each scoop being 120g, which results in a pretty big scooper. Here you get 480 calories, 0g fat, 93g Carbs, 4g Sugar, and 25g Protein (as Caseinate and Gelatine). The Total Mass Blend consists of 120,000mg (120g) Whey Protein Conc., Whey Protein Isolate, Glutamine Peptide, Waxi Maize, Sweet Potato Powder, Wild Yam Extract (Diosocrea Villosa), Brown Rice Powder, Maltodextrin, and Multi Grains Powder.

Since I have not tried weight gainers in the past I compared this profile to a couple of the top rated products here on the site, namely Up Your Mass by MHP and King Mass by RCSS. The profile here is pretty clean for a mass gainer with no fats, and is slightly high on the carbs but that should not be an issue if you are taking a weight gainer anyways. I get confused how much actual Protein is in this product since its listed in two separate spots, but even with just 25g per scoop its pretty nice. All in all, I think its a nice profile that can be dosed based off your needs.

Of not this product does contain Stevia, I am not a fan of it, but I honestly did not notice or taste it. If you have a weird thing with Stevia, now you have been warned!

Taste: I received the Cookies N Cream flavor and yeah it was delicious. I swear there were actual cookie pieces in it, or it just tricked me into thinking that. Either way really enjoyed the flavor, not too sweet, and tasted like drinking melted Cookies N Cream ice cream. Nice job here.

Mixability: The directions call to mix 1 scoop with 16oz water. When you add 16oz of water in your shaker, then put in the 120g scoop it appears as if it will not mix. A few shakes later it mixes really well. When I dosed this at two scoops, I used a blender and mixed great as well. No issues here, dissolves nicely and does not settle at the bottom.

Dosing: The directions call to take one scoop pre and post training as per your goals; and two scoops on non training days. I typically dosed this post training to maximize its effect. I did not take this pre training as I work out first thing in the morning and did not want this heavy of a profile in my system that early. On non training days, or days I would not eat breakfast I would dose this with two scoops in a blender with water and a couple pieces of ice.

Scooper: So this is my biggest gripe with this product, and seems like a common issue out there with Weight Gainers. The scooper was so big it literally does not fit pulling it straight out of the tub, and if you angle it you will spill some powder all over the place, which happened to me multiple times. I finally wisened up and held the tub sideways and got scooper in and out that way with no issues, just a heads up!

This product only lasted me 13 days (19 scoops in this container), but I did gain about 5 pounds in that time. Mind you I did start a new Creatine at the same time, so I cannot give this all the credit, but what I can say is I enjoyed having this weight gainer around to help me meet my daily requirements. I sit at 6'2 and 245 pounds currently, and require around 3400 calories per day, and a lot of protein.

Digestion wise Total Mass digested very easily. I was actually surprised that I did not have a bloated feeling or anything like that, I would feel full for 2-3 hours with two scoops and full for 1-2 hours with one scoop. I do like all the additions of the powders from real food such as Sweet Potatoes, Wild Yams, and Brown Rice, and I do believe this aided in the fullness feeling. When I used this as a meal replacement for breakfast (mostly on rest days) I would not feel short changed on caloric or protein intake, in fact this profile gave me more calories and protein than my normal breakfast would.

The product claims to get you Solid Muscular Gains, Dramatic Weight Gain, Muscle Retention, Muscle Growth, Faster Recovery, Muscle Repair, Low Sugars, and All Natural. What I can attest to is that you will get some solider muscular gains if taken a lot longer than 13 days, you will have some dramatic weight gain, this product does aid in muscle growth, contains lower sugars than its competitors, and is all natural. Muscle recovery and repair wise, I did not really get sore while taking this but I do also take BCAA's and keep a high protein diet, so hard to say this product did that alone. Not sure about the Dramatic Weight gain part, since that seems counter intuitive with taking a weight gainer, but I can see lean muscular gains and not fat gains.

Depending on the size of the container you buy it dramatically changes the value. The 5 pounds, 19 serving tub runs $44.75 on the TBN Labs website, which comes out to $2.36 a scoop. This is around the average price of a weight gainer. If you order the 15.89 pound, 60 serving tub that runs you $84.75 and comes out to $1.41 a serving. This is actually a pretty nice price for a weight gainer. So yeah you can only find this on the company website for now, but the current price point is not bad at all. I think its a decent value if you are in the market for a weight gainer.

Side Effects

None at all, even with two scoops I would not have to rush to the bathroom to expel everything I just put in me. Digests well, so good stuff!

Conclusion

I enjoyed my run of Total Mass. If I were to be in the market for a weight gainer I would definitely pick up the bigger size, since 60 servings would last me about 45 days. I almost want to keep this around as a Meal Replacement, and will keep it in mind in the future if I am in the market for one. Cookies N Cream tasted great, I gained some quality weight, and had a decent time with this one. I recommend this product if you are in this market!