Total GO [GMO Free Organic] Whey Protein Reviews

By: TBN Labs

Protein > Whey Protein
Total GO [GMO Free Organic] Whey Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by TBN Labs. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
6.7

September 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Organic Whey
  • Pricey
  • Incorrect Scoop Size

This is my review of TBN Labs Total Go protein. I want to thank TBN Labs for participating in TROOPS and sending me this product to review!

I am a 27 year old fireman from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my profession and to build quality strength / muscle.

The main thing about this protein is that it is 100% all natural. They say its GMO free and organic as well. There are 117 calories, 1.7g of fat with .9 of that being saturated fats, 2.1g of sugar / carbs (from stevia), and 24g of protein per serving. The protein source they use is not listed anywhere.

I received the mint chocolate flavor. The chocolate aspect of this flavor was average. The mint flavor was very odd and almost chemical-esque. It tasted very fake. So overall the flavor was a thumbs down. It mixed up perfectly in a shaker bottle each time. There was no clumps or left over residue. The dosing seemed average with one scoop being 30g.

I think this product was effective at what it is intended for. I felt that while using this product I made decent muscle / strength gains. I felt my healing and muscle repair was pretty good too. I always took this product after I finished my lift. It was kind of hard to get down because of the flavor but that didnt take away from its effectiveness.

Here is this products biggest downfall. The only place I was able to find this product was on the company website. They have it listed for $67.75-$89.75 depending on the flavor. To me that is a ridiculous price for this product. It is a 3lb tub with 45 servings but it definitely felt like there were less.

Side Effects

A few times when I drank on an empty stomach I had some stomach cramps. When I had food in my stomach there were no issues.

Conclusion

Overall I was a bit upset with this product. I have tried other products from this company and was really pleased but this was different. I definitely think they can improve this product if they make some changes. If they make those changes I would definitely like to try it again. I currently would not recommend this products due to its short comings. I want to thank TBN once again and I look forward to seeing what else you have to offer!
  • Mint Chocolate: 2/10

August 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Organic Whey
  • Clean Profile
  • Halal Approved
  • Sweetened With Stevia
  • Grass Fed Sources
  • Lack Of Protein Source

A grass-fed protein powder that does its job but very expensive.

Thank you to the people at TBN Labs for letting me review your protein. I always like trying protein powders that are not the norm and a cage free-grass fed protein is a good on to try. TBN sometimes gets a bad rep but I believe it makes a good product so this was an easy choice.

The nutrition is great with a good protein amount. The product is gluten-free, zero added sugar, GMO free organic, and zero added carbs.

Calories from fat 15
Total fat 1.7 g
Sodium 48 mg
Potassium 152 mg
Carbs 2.1 g
Sugar 2.1 g
Protein 24 g

The Total GO Protein has a "100% natural cage free-grass fed protein". This is an Organic Whey Protein, which I think we all know what whey protein is. I know other reviews have stated that we do not know what protein this is so what are we to think it is. It does not say it is a or list the amount of whey protein isolate, whey concentrate, whey isolate peptides, casein, milk protein isolate, egg albumin, or any other protein powders that may be in it. This is a small issue for me so I will not say Total GO is something to avoid. I think this is ok, so I will still give it a good rating.

I was able to get this in chocolate cream. The taste was good but not the normal chocolate taste I'm used to. I did use it with almond milk which was easy to mix. The mixability was not a big issue as long as you used plenty of liquids. On a side note (which had no bearing on this review), the texture of the powder would be similar to dry white beach sand. Like I said, not a big deal but may be fun for your kids to play with. The dosing is to take one scoop after a workout but I typically average 1.5 scoops after a workout and it was no problem. The taste, mixability, and dosing were not an issue. I give this a good rating.

The only downfall I found with this was the claims on the tub. If you have read a review on TBN or looked at the tub, they make some pretty outrageous claims that TBN tries to sell for what one tub can do for you. The downfall I find with these claims is that this is something that comes with protein over time. If you continue on with a good diet, a nice workout, and time, you can get those benefits. With that being said in other reviews, I want to focus on the effectiveness I received from this protein powder. Total GO will promotes rapid recovery and had the protein ingredients needed to get through a day. The effectiveness was nice and it is a protein powder that did its job. I do believe this was a good protein powder and I had no issues with its effectiveness. I give it a good rating.

I was only able to find this on the TBN website. A 3 lb tub is 30 servings and the cost was $68 which is $2.67 per serving. I usually keep my protein powders around $1.25 per serving, which makes this an EXTREMELY high protein powder. This is a protein that is on the higher end of my normal price. The price hike is due to the 100% natural cage free-grass fed protein ingredients. Like I said in the ingredient section, we are not for sure about which proteins are used. For me, this is WAY too high for 30 servings, even if it is a natural grass-fed protein, so I give it a very low rating.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I believe this is a nice protein powder. The ingredients were good. The carbs, sugar, and calories were low. The Total GO Protein was effective. The price is way too high. I think this is a solid protein powder. If the price was around $30 - $35, I would buy it. At $68, I would not buy it.
  • Chocolate Cream: 8/10

4.4
3.6
  July 30, 2018

• Lack Of Protein Source
  • Non-verified
  • Incorrect Scoop Size

Bottom line, this is a tub of powder. Honestly, it might be protein, but we will never know because the label fails to even include what source of protein is in it and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Thank you to TBN Labs for sending Total Go my way. As the years go by, one would expect the technology and benefits of protein powders would increase and the way they are digested by the human body would be more advanced to where powders would deliver on a bigger level. Instead, we are left in an age where companies amino spike their powders to hell and back just to claim they have a high protein content which will, in turn, save them money on the long run because their inferior powder is cheaper to make. Here we have TBN Labs total go. A powder that is so mysterious that the label cannot even begin to describe what is in it that makes it more efficient than other products out there.

Normally in my reviews, this section has a complete breakdown of what the ingredients are that are in this. I would give you the same pleasure of reading this, except the label on this product, spends more time using marketing buzzwords to hype their product, then actually explaining what is in it. TBN Labs is 100% trying to dupe their customers on the greatness of their product by telling them that it is Non-GMO and cage-free, Organic, Halal Certified, and whatever else you can think of that might make someone excited about this product. This is great for a company to do, but there is just one problem.

NONE OF IT IS VERIFIED.

This literally takes me back to the movie Tommy Boy " But why do they put a guarantee on the box? Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of s#$*. That's all it is, isn't it?"

Honestly, putting all of these claims on a product without proof of verifying it is bad business. For example, why would you put cage-free on here? Do most dairy cows live in cages? I mean I grew up in the midwest and never saw this, but maybe things are different in other parts of the country that I have not visited. Oh...wait, I have visited them, and cows don't live in cages.

Outside of this, the product itself tasted just fine, which is another problem. I got the strawberry flavor and it tasted better than any other strawberry powder I have ever had to include Syntha-6 which is full of crap and sugar. This tells me that the powder is also hiding something else. Just like there are red flakes from dried strawberries in it, but yet that is not on the label, and I only know about it from previous reviews.

As previously mentioned I asked for and received the strawberry flavor and it was spot on if not the best strawberry flavor that I have had.

The mixability of this product is terrible. The rep on here has told other members to invert the protein like we are Maverick from Top Gun working on foreign relations. For S & G's I "inverted" my shaker cup 1-2 times and all the powder did was clump and stick to the side of my shaker cup in a chunky mess.

I have tried shaking it up like a normal human being and found that it transforms into an 80% mixture of pure foam that will not settle until hours after you have shaken it. Keep in mind the crap label on the tub tells you to shake it up.

The two most efficient ways I have found to mix this up is either in a Vitamix blender or by swirling the powder in your shaker cup. Most of the time I just did not have the energy to mess with this and would add a scoop to some yogurt and mix it in that way.

Speaking of dosing, 1 scoop is supposed to be 30g, however, when measuring this out, 1 scoop is closer to 40g. This serving is supposed to deliver 24g of protein and 2.1g of carbs. In a 30g scoop this is good, but when it is closer to 40g, then the efficiency is less and less.

The only saving grace of this product is at 2 scoops, it is filling, and I did not have any digestive issues. The other factor is at 2 scoops the amount of claimed carbs is still under 5g.

Again, who really knows what is in this product and if these amounts are even accurate. This is probably my least descriptive effectiveness section given that I cannot even go in-depth on what ingredients worked and what didn't. Again all I can say is I did not have any side effects from it and felt full on 2 scoops, but that was it.

I found a 3 lbs. tub on Amazon for $67.75 and it gives 45 scoops which is $1.50 per serving. This is highway robbery considering you do not even know what you are getting in this product. For all you know you are buying a tub of flavoring with not real protein content, or one that is rich in carbs and you do not even know it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Just stay away from it. This product and company are not worth your business. This is the second and last product I will have run from TBN Labs. Their lack of clarity with their products is disturbing, to say the least. If I cannot trust a company to tell me what is in their product, then I am not going to give them my business. I have to see propriety labels that have told more than this company. Simply put, companies like this are dangerous to the industry because they do not care to follow standards, and will try to slip in whatever ingredients they see fit. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company.
  • Strawberry: 9/10

Overall
Overall
6.2
4.9
  July 29, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Organic Whey
  • Easy On The Stomach
  • Gluten Free
  • Sweetened With Stevia
  • Limited Availability
  • Sketchy Label
  • Pricey

This is a decent protein but the label claims are confusing.

I would like to thank tbn labs for sending this protein out to me. I claimed this product because it had nothing artificial in it and I think taking a break from artificial colors and sweeteners for a little bit every once in a while is a good idea.

The label says cage free on it but cows should be free range and not say cage free on the label. It also does not say what protein they use. It does not say concentrate or isolate or if this is a blend. It says nothing about the method they used to process this like cold filtered or ion exchange. It says it is sweetened with stevia and has no artificial flavors. It claims to be GMO free and organic.

1 scoop 30 total grams
24g protein
1.7g fat
2.1g Carbs.

I like that it is organic and sweetened with stevia but the label is confusing. They do not mention it is made in an FDA certified facility but make all these big claims. I'm sure they would mention that if they make all these claims on the bottle.

The flavor I received was exotic cinnamon. It tastes like cinnamon sticks. The ones without the sugar. It didnt have the spice taste like cinnamon sticks. I did not really enjoy the taste. I had to chug it down so I could drink this.

I had not problems mixing this. Not foam or clumping. Just a few shakes and I was done.

I would take 3 scoops a day. One in my morning smoothie, one post workout with milk, and another before going to bed with water.

It is hard to say how effective a protein is but I will base it on what I think is important to say for this part. I did not have digestive issues on this. It did satisfy my needs when I was hungry and did not get hungry at night.

You can find this for $67 on tbn website. That would be $1.49 a scoop. Since this is organic I would not mind paying that price if it taste better and had a better label.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I think this seems like a good protein at first but when looking at the label you might not want to purchase this. I would not really recommend this product to anyone until they fix the label and say what protein this is.
  • Exotic Cinnamon: 4/10

Overall
Overall
6.6
  July 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy On The Stomach
  • Clean Profile
  • Pricey

TBN Total Go is a decent whey isolate competitor but it has some serious shortcomings that hold it back from going head-to-head with the industry leaders.

I claimed TBN Total Go because I was in need of a new protein and despite the mixed reviews I wanted to try it for myself.

As noted by other reviewers (special shout-out to MMAFreak and JayT), the ingredient profile on Total GO is plagued with flaws. It has a bunch of buzz words for fast advertisement, but most supplements do as well so that's not really a big deal. Of note, however, is that it is labeled as cage-free, halal, grass-fed, gmo-free and organic without any sort of certification or backing for either of those terms. I'm also not quite sure how protein can be cage free since it comes from milk not eggs but still. Similarly, halal claims should have some sort of certification as, like kosher, it is a religious dietary restriction. Also, I thought it halal was just for meat? Furthermore, although the website lists it as a concentrate I don't see that on the actual container. Finally, there is no GMP certification sticker or third party testing certifications so its hard to really accept with near 100% certainty that this ingredient profile, buzzword claims aside, is entirely accurate.

On the plus side, this has almost no sugar (no added sugar), additives, nor preservatives. Additionally, if the label claims are accurate then it is also a organic, grass-fed and non-GMO protein powder which is a real luxury in a market flooded with cheap protein sources, GMOs, and fillers.

1 Scoop provides: 117 calories, 1.7g of fat, 2.1g of carbs (sugars), and 24g of protein. That is extremely clean and should fit into anyone's macros. Sure you could find a protein even less fat and carbs but the difference at these levels is negligible. If this is accurate then it is a great nutritional profile at the very least.

I received the strawberry flavor and it was ok. Being a naturally flavored supplement, I didn't expect anything that would absolutely blow me away and wow my taste buds. That being said, it was extremely good for natural flavoring and tasted better than a lot of artificially flavored strawberry protein powders. I mixed anywhere from 1-1.5 scoops with 8-12 oz of cold or room-temp water and occasionally I would add it to a smoothie. The actual mixability was fine but the foam was out of control. I've never had any supplement that foamed this much. It would take about 5-10 minutes for it to die down and be drinkable. That is just ridiculous. There's really no reason for that. This would be a much better supplement if TBN fixed this problem.

7.75/10
Proteins are notoriously hard to rate effectiveness. I typically try to judge drinkability (a mix of absolute taste and whether or not I could stand it in multiple situations - i.e. not just post-workout but whenever needed), digestibility, and fullness/satiety.

Since I found the taste to be rather good, I had no problem using this protein in a variety of scenarios. I sometimes had a scoop for breakfast (both in a smoothie and on its own), post-workout, or just mid-day as a snack. I always found that it went down smooth and easy. The only problem I encountered in this area was the severe foam. The foam did in fact prohibit me from drinking it on a few occasions where I was in a rush after the gym and couldn't be bothered to wait for the foam to die down. I deduced a fair amount of points from the effectiveness rating for this.

I didn't experience any digestibility problems associated with low quality sources of protein like cramping or gas. Those are huge tell tale signs for me that I am not only not getting everything from the protein but also that I'm likely impeding gains by limiting physical activity due to pain during those times. Since I never experienced any issues here, I can have at least some certainty that it is not a low quality whey concentrate.

I noticed about average satiety with this protein. If I was taking this as a snack or post-workout, I would stave off the hunger pangs for about 2 hours. If I was having this for breakfast, I felt that I remained full for about 3 hours. This is good in my opinion as if you're looking to replace unhealthy snacks or foods with some protein powder, you want to retain similar levels of satiety to prevent yourself from overeating. That being said, this was not a protein that sat heavy in my stomach, so if I was trying to gain weight I could have easily downed 2-3 scoops of this a day without a problem.

In short, this is a solid protein in terms of effectiveness. The foaming is annoying and prohibitive at times but it still tastes great, digests well, can be used in multiple situations, and provides decent satiety. If the foaming problem didn't exist, this would be closer to a 9 or so in effectiveness.

The cheapest I could find this for is $67.75 for 3lbs or 45 servings. That is about $1.50 a scoop/serving. Seeing as most proteins of similar or better quality with similar macros can be had for near $1.00/serving this is a bit pricey. If this could be confirmed as a non-GMO, grass-fed, and organic protein manufactured in a GMP facility then perhaps something close to the $1.50 price point could be justified but without at least a USDA organics sticker you'd have to be crazy to make that assumption. Plus, no competitor that I am aware of has a foam problem like this. Furthermore, this can only be found on TBN's website or Amazon as far as I know. That availability makes this even more uncompetitive as other proteins can often be found from third party retailers on some sort of sale that includes either freebies like shaker cups or deals on other supplements that may be useful in your rotation (pre-workout, creatine, etc.) thanks to retailers trying to compete with one another. Unfortunately, it looks like there is really no deal to be had here.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking TBN Total Go.

Conclusion

6.5/10
I got to a 6.5/10 rating by averaging the scores for Ingredient Profile, Taste/Mixability/Dosing, Effectiveness, and Value as I believe each of those sections is especially important with this particular product. It is a rare case that each of these should sections should have equal weight, but it is also rare that one encounters enough problems or things of interest to say in each category. This produced a 6.68/10 rating and I then deducted 1.68 to get to 6.5/10 as a way to account for the serious label and foam problems that I think would turn many consumers off from trying this product - especially when solid, well established competing products can be had without these problems for less. In the end, I wouldn't recommend this to a friend or to any of you until TBN addresses some of the major concerns other reviews and myself have raised with this product.
  • Strawberry: 8/10

July 16, 2018

• Sketchy Label

A protein that touts itself as a 100% Natural, Cage Free, Grass Fed, GMO Free Organic protein that even makes mention of being "Halal Certified".

Thank you to the SR Troop program and TBN Labs for sending a tub of their Total GO protein for my evaluation. Protein supplements are something that I use almost daily to help fill the gaps in my nutrition and I am always on the prowl for a quality product. Prior reviews seemed very favorable so I opted to try Total GO.

So lets just talk about the labeling on this product first and foremost. It is confusing. It seems as though there are a lot of buzz words thrown around like "Cage Free", "Organic" and "GMO Free" to name a few. Best I can tell from the information that is out there is that this product is a pure whey protein concentrate. The label doesn't really divulge the normal information such as different types of proteins used (if it is a blend) and processing methods used (i.e. ion exchange, cold process micro filtered, etc.). I'm confused about the use of "Cage Free" as that is a term typically associated with poultry since cows are not typically kept in cages and equally confused about it being "Halal Certified" since this is usually only pertains to meat and the standards for processing.

The label is also very vague in where you would usually find a run down of all ingredients it just has a section that says other ingredients which you can view in the attached photo. It basically just is one long claim that they add no dye, sugar, fillers, carbs or preservatives. 1 scoop nets 30 total grams of which 24g comes from protein, 1.7g comes from fat and 2.1g from Carbs. So 27.8g total leaving what I assume to be 2.2g of flavoring and Stevia per scoop. This is not a bad breakdown for a protein supplement. I'm not bothered by the fact that there are naturally occurring sugars or fats but by now it is probably clear that I'm not a fan of the way this product is labeled.

I know it seems like I am really harping on TBN Labs but the product itself wasn't bad. I just don't care for the manner in which it is presented. I do like the fact that it is sweetened with Stevia and if it is actually a GMO Free, organic product then there is certainly some value to that aspect of the product.

It is also worth mentioning that unless they left it off the label that this product is not manufactured in an FDA inspected facility under cGMP (current good manufacturing process) regulations. They put everything else on the label so if it was I would think that this would be included as well. It is more expensive so almost any manufacturer will proudly display this on a product label. This doesn't mean that it's being made in some guys basement but it raises an eyebrow for sure.

I have seen other reviews that mentioned the product foaming but I had no issues whatsoever with foaming or clumping. Whether mixing in almond milk or water it dissolved completely with pretty minimal shaking and stayed together with no settling. The rep mentioned to me that shaking was not needed as the product could just be "inverted" a few times and it will dissolve. I definitely call BS on that one. I tried it in water and almond milk and it didn't even come close to being mixed.

I had the Chocolate Cream flavor and honestly it is one of the best chocolate flavors I have ever tried. Maybe even the best I have ever tried. Mixed in almond milk, water or used in my overnight oats recipe it was delicious. I really enjoyed every last scoop of this stuff from a flavor standpoint.

I tend to gauge protein powders based on how I feel for the next hour after consumption, taking note of a few things. Does it feel heavy in my stomach? Did it upset my stomach? Did it give me gas? Bargain brand proteins tend to do all three and I can at least say that I experienced none of that with Total GO. Despite this being a concentrate which tends to be cheaper protein, I had no issues at all with taking the product.

Total GO doesn't come cheap. Best deal I was able to find was a three pound tub for $67.75 delivered through Amazon Prime. With 45 servings per tub that gives a breakdown of $1.50 per serving. Definitely on the high end of the protein spectrum and especially high for a whey protein concentrate. I understand that organic foods cost more to produce but I honestly can't give it that much towards value just solely because it claims to be organic.

Side Effects

No negative side effects from Total GO.

Conclusion

So do I recommend this product? Not really but I wouldn't say unequivocally to stay away from it all together. In an industry that already suffers from a lack of transparency it seems as though there are some things not being disclosed on the label and other things are being vastly overstated. I would think that a product this high end should be manufactured in a FDA inspected facility under cGMP regulations. Neither of these seals of approval show up on the label which is something that worries me.

June 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Organic Whey
  • Gluten Free
  • Grass Fed Sources
  • Easy On The Stomach
  • Sweetened With Stevia
  • Pricey

A clean, premium protein for a very premium price.

What is going on guys? I always jump on the opportunity to try any new protein opportunities and this was no exception. I loved the organic look of this product and thought it was worth a try! I'd like to thank SR and Total Go for making this review possible. Let's dive right in shall we.

This product is unique in the fact that it is GMO free organic, 100% cage free-grass fed protein. It is a whey protein with very minimal ingredients. It contains just natural flavors and its sweetened by stevia.In the ingredient list they make a statement saying, "There are ZERO fillers, colors, carbs, sugars, or preservatives." I'm assuming they mean added sugars as there is still 2g of carbs/sugars included on the label.

1 scoop:
117 calories
2.1g Carbs
1.7g Fat
2.1g Sugar
24g Protein

This is a very macro-friendly pure whey protein powder from a calories standpoint. You can definitely make this fit into any nutrition plan. I really like the natural/organic aspect of this product and the fact that it is sweetened with stevia instead of real sugar.

Taste: I got chocolate cream and It was a solid 7/10 in the flavor department. I don't love chocolate to begin with but it wasn't bad! I enjoyed drinking it (but I'll always be more of a vanilla guy).

Mixibility: I never had any issues mixing this product and I used 2 scoops every time. If you want it thicker use less water and vice versa.

Dosage: I'm currently working a labor intensive job so I took 2 scoops every day to meet my protein requirements and a few days I took more like 3 scoops (spread out throughout a few hours) when I was REALLY hungry and had lots of hours of manual labor between me and my next meal. I usually took 2 scoops immediately post workout or immediately upon waking in the morning on my way to work. When I took 3 scoops in a day I would take a scoop every couple of hours to try to tide me over until I could go home and get a real meal in. Some days I would eat lunch at 11 and then not get home to make dinner until after 8:00.

1.) Was it filling? I found two scoops to satisfy me for 2-3 hours depending on how much water I mixed in with it.

2.)Did it help with "Gainz?" In a word, Yes! it allowed me to add a clean source of protein to my diet with minimal carbs while on the go. As a whole though, your diet and training regimen is much more impactful on your 'gainz' than any supplement ever will be.

3.) Convenience? Working an active job meant that I needed a protein source that was easy to take on the go versus having to cook it right then and there. Powders are as easy as it gets and helped me hit my macronutrient goals every day.

4.) Any digestion problems? I had ZERO issues while using this product. It settled after I drank it and never gave me any stomach pain.

The cheapest value I could find is about $67 on the TBN website per serving, so your paying around $1.51 per scoop. If you're double scooping like me then this can get VERY expensive. I understand that the organic protein market is obviously going to be more expensive than your everyday run of the mill protein powder and I get that. BUT for my wallet, I don't think that this would be a viable option for me and my needs.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great protein powder for a premium price. It can fit into anyone's macros with very minimal effort and can help support healthy muscle growth. I would recommend it for the quality and effectiveness BUT the price really knocks down the overall score for me personally.

September 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Organic Whey
  • Gluten Free
  • Foaming

Before I start I want to thank Total Body Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to review some of their products. This is my first of three reviews that I will be doing. This is the first time I've heard of Total Body Nutrition, what had me intrigued was the all-natural ingredient profile. During the duration of this review I was training 5 to 6 days a week 2x a day: Cardio in the mornings and Weight training in the evening.

Highlights:
- Zero Added Sugars
- Zero Added Carbs
- Zero Added Fats
- Zero Added Fillers
- Zero Added Preservatives

The ingredient profile is fully transparent: 1 serving (30g) contains 24g of GMO Free/Organic Whey Protein Concentrate. The processing of whey concentrate removes the water, lactose, ash, and some minerals. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3905294/

Per serving there is 117 calories with 15 calories from fat - 1.7g of total fat with .9g saturated fat. What intrigued me the most was that this protein is cage free-grass fed. However the labeling can be a bit confusing as there is 2.1g of sugar and the label says zero added sugars.

Taste 9/10 - I must say for having zero added sugars, carbs, fats, fillers and preservatives.... this is one of the best tasting protein powders I've ever had. I got the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor which is one of 10 current available flavors. This tasted like a chocolate peanut butter cookie, I looked forward to having a shake or even a pre-made meal with it.

Mixability 7/10 - As other reviewers have noted there was some foaming but nothing that was too bad. There weren't any other issues with mixability in regards to clumping or settling.

Dosing - There really isn't a wrong way to dose protein powder you can have a shake or use the powder in recipes. I usually had 2 servings a day, once right after cardio in the morning and another following weight training. On non training days I usually made pro-oats or protein pancakes in the morning to meet macro needs.

Total GO Protein pretty much hit on all cylinders like a protein supplement should. It helped fill my protein macro needs whether it be with a shake or mixing it with food. My recovery was enhanced as I was less sore following training and my doms were reduced.

The most noticeable aspect was digestion, I didn't have any kind of stomach issues or problems with stools. Some reviewers noted possible acid reflux while using Total GO but I didn't experience any of that.

The cheapest value I could find is around $67 on the TBN website down from $90 :/ Per serving (45 total servings) your paying around $1.51, this may be a little steep and organic products are usually a little higher in price. I can understand people don't have that kind of money to spend for protein powder. However if you do have that money or looking for a healthier protein option than I wouldn't consider this to be that bad of a price. Considering your getting 45 servings which dependent on the user should last a while.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I was impressed with Total GO protein and recommend it if you have the means to do so. Thanks again to Total Body Nutrition for giving me this opportunity.
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 9/10

September 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Organic Whey
  • Gluten Free
  • Grass Fed Sources
  • Pricey

First and foremost I would like to thank TBN Labs for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I'm a 39 year old gym rat who goes to the gym 5 times a week and also plays soccer twice a week. I was intrigued when I saw a organic protein offering. Especially, since the cows that provided this milk were grass fed. No!, I did not taste the grass in the whey. I do care about how animals were treated so I didn't hesitate to pressed claim.

So the main ingredient you guessed it ... Protein ... is at 24 grams per 30 gram scoop.

Other less important nutrients are:

1.7 Grams of fat which .9g of that are saturated (bad) fat
45mg of Cholesterol
48mg of Sodium
2.1g of Carbohydrate - None of it is sourced from added sugar (important).

This looks much leaner considering my last review on the previous protein.

Also, it's sweetened by Stevia which is a healthier option than the more commonly used sucralose.

I put this in my shaker cup with 8 ounces of my favorite ripple pea milk and shake for a a minute or two. It's easy to mix and no clumps are formed. The flavor they sent me which is Chocolate cream reminded me greatly of this egg and cocoa mix I used to do when i was a child. It's really good and I enjoyed every shake.
I also got a sample pack of the exotic cinnamon flavor and I have to say that I'm not a big fan of cinnamon but this was also a superb tasting protein. It tastes like cappuccino with cinnamon very smooth and creamy taste. The cinnamon isn't overwhelming ...

I usually took this in the morning with my breakfast. When both "meals" combined I didn't feel hungry as usual at 12 so I would eat a little later usually. I love that it's so low on calories and sugar ... this really helps me shed those pounds and reach my goal. I'm dieting heavy so it's really helpful to have this next to me when I'm getting hungry and I'm low on my protein intake. This protein like any other protein does it's job where it needs to. My DOMS have not increased while on this and they didn't not diminish either. I would presume it's up to the standard of MYPROTEIN which I've been taking before this.

Knowing that this is Organic and that the whey is coming from Germany (I hope they have happy cows there) I understand that the price will not be low. Using my math skills I have deducted that you will be paying .06 cents per protein. Usually the standard goes for .4 cents so you are paying half more for the peace of mind that you are a caring person. If you are practicing Islam than this could be your only choince since I didn't see any protein Halal certified before and mind you they have very strict laws as how food is handled. I compared this to another organic whey protein product to have a better comparison of value for organic products. The other best seller on Amazon costed 11 cents per protein ... wow ... so compared to that this product has great value. So bottom line I'm giving it an 8 because compared to other organic product it's a steal and compared to other non organic whey products it's not as bad. This is hard to rate since everyone has their own opinion on value. I think if you really care about the environment and how our domesticated animals are treated you might even value this product higher than I did. Oh and I almost forgot ... this is only available at TBN website currently for 67.75 per 3lb tub (45 servings) that is where I derived my calculations from.

Side Effects

None that I have developed using this product.

Conclusion

I'm giving the product a 7.5 because it's really solid but unfortunately it's compared to non organic whey protein that just are a better value and certified tests. If this product was compared to other organic only whey protein it would be solid champion in my opinion based on the research I did to come up with the value. I'm probably going to buy this once in a while to support our cute and adorable cows. I was born in Poland and used to go to see my grandparents in a village and remember milking cows etc. Back in the day they were not considered to be massed produced like they are now ... I understand the need but for a peace of mind I would rather prefer if it stayed like it was. That is why I recommend this product a consideration for that value alone and not look at the price tag. This is ideal protein for people who want to cut and are on a strict diet. The macros in this whey protein are really impressive. The taste was really good and I enjoyed it. Thank you for reading ... and in the name of all our cows i say "eat more chicken". (those is US will understand).
  • Chocolate Cream: 9/10
  • Exotic Cinnamon: 9/10

September 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Organic Whey
  • Halal Approved
  • Grass Fed Sources
  • Foaming

Another special thanks to TBN Nutrition for providing their products for the SR TROOPs to try out. Today, I discuss my experiences with their protein supplement Total GO. Total GO is a GMO-free, all natural, organic protein supplement consisting of whey protein derived from grass-fed cows. These days, companies throw all sorts of additives, fillers, preservatives, and sugars that we simply don't need nor want. So it's a good idea to grab a healthier option among protein supplements when the opportunity presents itself for the support of our own personal health, while still getting the goodness of good ol' whey.

The profile is a straightforward list of what you would typically see in a general protein supplement, with the mainstay macro being the protein quantity. Each serving of Total GO contains 24g of whey protein. As I mentioned in the intro, the whey protein is an organic, non-GMO source derived from grass-fed cows. The benefits of grass-fed derived whey protein is that the source is higher in nutrients such as omega-3's and certain vitamins and minerals. Furthermore, the protein itself contains a higher amino acid profile since this protein source is often put through a more purity preserving cold filtration process.

What's great about Total GO is not only is it organic and all-natural, but also it contains no added sugars, colors, carbs, fillers, or preservatives. In other words, it has more of what we want and less to none of what we don't need nor want.

One thing to note is that each serving has 2.1g of naturally occurring sugar and 2.1g of carbs.

I received the fresh brewed coffee flavor and loved it. We Massachusetts folk love our coffee, so having something flavored to taste like a Dunkin Donuts sweet latte is oh so satisfying. I used both water and milk for my shake preparations. It was delicious in whatever liquid I used, but as usual, milk shake preparations were the tastiest.

Some reviewers before me noted they had some issues with frothing in terms of mixability. I had this issue in the beginning myself, but then realized that the frothing only occurred when I used a shaker cup. This was easily remedied using a blender or a simple cup and spoon mixing method. With those methods, it mixed perfectly fine without very minimal to no frothing regardless what liquid I may have used.

I would use 2 servings daily depending on my meal and training plans on that particular days. I am currently on a lean bulk phase so I would expectedly have higher protein requirements. In any case, I would take one serving in the morning preferably with my breakfast complimenting shake and one around the evening to act as a bedtime macro intake to support sleep anabolism.

Overall, I really enjoyed Total GO in all areas. It helped sustain appetite satiety very well in order to avoid any hunger pangs throughout the day. In addition, it helped boost my recovery as I found myself experiencing less DOMS and waking up in the morning more refreshed and energetic.

Total GO is formulated to be more geared towards weight loss goals. However, as I mentioned, I am currently in a lean bulk phase so I cannot comment on any fat loss results since my diet is currently not adjusted for that. I will say this, Total GO was effective at acting as a weight management supplement by helping keep my bulk as clean as possible since it didn't add any additional sugar, carbs, fat, or excessive calories. Therefore, I can say that this product helps significantly as weight management and keeping bulking phases clean.

Currently, Total GO is only available through TBN Lab's own website at a retail price of about 68 dollars. That is steep for a protein supplement, though it is expected that organic formulations due tend to cost somewhat more than traditional whey supplements. You get 45 servings in each container so the tub will last for a decent amount of time depending on how often you use it daily. I'd say the price is not a bad occasional investment given the quality and effectiveness, but I strongly recommend looking out for sales and deals.

Side Effects

Conclusion

TBN Labs hit a homerun with this great all natural protein supplement. It is an excellent, healthier option among protein supplements that can aid in weight loss, weight management, and achieving your macro quotas without adding any unnecessary additive garbage. Additionally, it's an effective muscle recovery booster. Just be sure that your diet and training are in check and try to catch the product on sale.
  • Fresh Brewed Coffee: 9/10