Total GO [GMO Free Organic] Whey Protein Reviews

By: TBN Labs

(Better than 60% in Protein > Whey Protein)

Total GO [GMO Free Organic] Whey Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by TBN Labs. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Protein > Whey Protein

September 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Organic Whey
  • Gluten Free
  • Foaming

Before I start I want to thank Total Body Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to review some of their products. This is my first of three reviews that I will be doing. This is the first time I've heard of Total Body Nutrition, what had me intrigued was the all-natural ingredient profile. During the duration of this review I was training 5 to 6 days a week 2x a day: Cardio in the mornings and Weight training in the evening.

Highlights:
- Zero Added Sugars
- Zero Added Carbs
- Zero Added Fats
- Zero Added Fillers
- Zero Added Preservatives

The ingredient profile is fully transparent: 1 serving (30g) contains 24g of GMO Free/Organic Whey Protein Concentrate. The processing of whey concentrate removes the water, lactose, ash, and some minerals. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3905294/

Per serving there is 117 calories with 15 calories from fat - 1.7g of total fat with .9g saturated fat. What intrigued me the most was that this protein is cage free-grass fed. However the labeling can be a bit confusing as there is 2.1g of sugar and the label says zero added sugars.

Taste 9/10 - I must say for having zero added sugars, carbs, fats, fillers and preservatives.... this is one of the best tasting protein powders I've ever had. I got the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor which is one of 10 current available flavors. This tasted like a chocolate peanut butter cookie, I looked forward to having a shake or even a pre-made meal with it.

Mixability 7/10 - As other reviewers have noted there was some foaming but nothing that was too bad. There weren't any other issues with mixability in regards to clumping or settling.

Dosing - There really isn't a wrong way to dose protein powder you can have a shake or use the powder in recipes. I usually had 2 servings a day, once right after cardio in the morning and another following weight training. On non training days I usually made pro-oats or protein pancakes in the morning to meet macro needs.

Total GO Protein pretty much hit on all cylinders like a protein supplement should. It helped fill my protein macro needs whether it be with a shake or mixing it with food. My recovery was enhanced as I was less sore following training and my doms were reduced.

The most noticeable aspect was digestion, I didn't have any kind of stomach issues or problems with stools. Some reviewers noted possible acid reflux while using Total GO but I didn't experience any of that.

The cheapest value I could find is around $67 on the TBN website down from $90 :/ Per serving (45 total servings) your paying around $1.51, this may be a little steep and organic products are usually a little higher in price. I can understand people don't have that kind of money to spend for protein powder. However if you do have that money or looking for a healthier protein option than I wouldn't consider this to be that bad of a price. Considering your getting 45 servings which dependent on the user should last a while.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I was impressed with Total GO protein and recommend it if you have the means to do so. Thanks again to Total Body Nutrition for giving me this opportunity.
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 9/10

Other Prices:
Amazon   $67.75

September 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Organic Whey
  • Gluten Free
  • Grass Fed Sources
  • Sweetened With Stevia
  • Pricey

First and foremost I would like to thank TBN Labs for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I'm a 39 year old gym rat who goes to the gym 5 times a week and also plays soccer twice a week. I was intrigued when I saw a organic protein offering. Especially, since the cows that provided this milk were grass fed. No!, I did not taste the grass in the whey. I do care about how animals were treated so I didn't hesitate to pressed claim.

So the main ingredient you guessed it ... Protein ... is at 24 grams per 30 gram scoop.

Other less important nutrients are:

1.7 Grams of fat which .9g of that are saturated (bad) fat
45mg of Cholesterol
48mg of Sodium
2.1g of Carbohydrate - None of it is sourced from added sugar (important).

This looks much leaner considering my last review on the previous protein.

Also, it's sweetened by Stevia which is a healthier option than the more commonly used sucralose.

I put this in my shaker cup with 8 ounces of my favorite ripple pea milk and shake for a a minute or two. It's easy to mix and no clumps are formed. The flavor they sent me which is Chocolate cream reminded me greatly of this egg and cocoa mix I used to do when i was a child. It's really good and I enjoyed every shake.
I also got a sample pack of the exotic cinnamon flavor and I have to say that I'm not a big fan of cinnamon but this was also a superb tasting protein. It tastes like cappuccino with cinnamon very smooth and creamy taste. The cinnamon isn't overwhelming ...

I usually took this in the morning with my breakfast. When both "meals" combined I didn't feel hungry as usual at 12 so I would eat a little later usually. I love that it's so low on calories and sugar ... this really helps me shed those pounds and reach my goal. I'm dieting heavy so it's really helpful to have this next to me when I'm getting hungry and I'm low on my protein intake. This protein like any other protein does it's job where it needs to. My DOMS have not increased while on this and they didn't not diminish either. I would presume it's up to the standard of MYPROTEIN which I've been taking before this.

Knowing that this is Organic and that the whey is coming from Germany (I hope they have happy cows there) I understand that the price will not be low. Using my math skills I have deducted that you will be paying .06 cents per protein. Usually the standard goes for .4 cents so you are paying half more for the peace of mind that you are a caring person. If you are practicing Islam than this could be your only choince since I didn't see any protein Halal certified before and mind you they have very strict laws as how food is handled. I compared this to another organic whey protein product to have a better comparison of value for organic products. The other best seller on Amazon costed 11 cents per protein ... wow ... so compared to that this product has great value. So bottom line I'm giving it an 8 because compared to other organic product it's a steal and compared to other non organic whey products it's not as bad. This is hard to rate since everyone has their own opinion on value. I think if you really care about the environment and how our domesticated animals are treated you might even value this product higher than I did. Oh and I almost forgot ... this is only available at TBN website currently for 67.75 per 3lb tub (45 servings) that is where I derived my calculations from.

Side Effects

None that I have developed using this product.

Conclusion

I'm giving the product a 7.5 because it's really solid but unfortunately it's compared to non organic whey protein that just are a better value and certified tests. If this product was compared to other organic only whey protein it would be solid champion in my opinion based on the research I did to come up with the value. I'm probably going to buy this once in a while to support our cute and adorable cows. I was born in Poland and used to go to see my grandparents in a village and remember milking cows etc. Back in the day they were not considered to be massed produced like they are now ... I understand the need but for a peace of mind I would rather prefer if it stayed like it was. That is why I recommend this product a consideration for that value alone and not look at the price tag. This is ideal protein for people who want to cut and are on a strict diet. The macros in this whey protein are really impressive. The taste was really good and I enjoyed it. Thank you for reading ... and in the name of all our cows i say "eat more chicken". (those is US will understand).
  • Chocolate Cream: 9/10
  • Exotic Cinnamon: 9/10

Other Prices:
Amazon   $67.75

September 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Organic Whey
  • Halal Approved
  • Grass Fed Sources
  • Foaming

Another special thanks to TBN Nutrition for providing their products for the SR TROOPs to try out. Today, I discuss my experiences with their protein supplement Total GO. Total GO is a GMO-free, all natural, organic protein supplement consisting of whey protein derived from grass-fed cows. These days, companies throw all sorts of additives, fillers, preservatives, and sugars that we simply don't need nor want. So it's a good idea to grab a healthier option among protein supplements when the opportunity presents itself for the support of our own personal health, while still getting the goodness of good ol' whey.

The profile is a straightforward list of what you would typically see in a general protein supplement, with the mainstay macro being the protein quantity. Each serving of Total GO contains 24g of whey protein. As I mentioned in the intro, the whey protein is an organic, non-GMO source derived from grass-fed cows. The benefits of grass-fed derived whey protein is that the source is higher in nutrients such as omega-3's and certain vitamins and minerals. Furthermore, the protein itself contains a higher amino acid profile since this protein source is often put through a more purity preserving cold filtration process.

What's great about Total GO is not only is it organic and all-natural, but also it contains no added sugars, colors, carbs, fillers, or preservatives. In other words, it has more of what we want and less to none of what we don't need nor want.

One thing to note is that each serving has 2.1g of naturally occurring sugar and 2.1g of carbs.

I received the fresh brewed coffee flavor and loved it. We Massachusetts folk love our coffee, so having something flavored to taste like a Dunkin Donuts sweet latte is oh so satisfying. I used both water and milk for my shake preparations. It was delicious in whatever liquid I used, but as usual, milk shake preparations were the tastiest.

Some reviewers before me noted they had some issues with frothing in terms of mixability. I had this issue in the beginning myself, but then realized that the frothing only occurred when I used a shaker cup. This was easily remedied using a blender or a simple cup and spoon mixing method. With those methods, it mixed perfectly fine without very minimal to no frothing regardless what liquid I may have used.

I would use 2 servings daily depending on my meal and training plans on that particular days. I am currently on a lean bulk phase so I would expectedly have higher protein requirements. In any case, I would take one serving in the morning preferably with my breakfast complimenting shake and one around the evening to act as a bedtime macro intake to support sleep anabolism.

Overall, I really enjoyed Total GO in all areas. It helped sustain appetite satiety very well in order to avoid any hunger pangs throughout the day. In addition, it helped boost my recovery as I found myself experiencing less DOMS and waking up in the morning more refreshed and energetic.

Total GO is formulated to be more geared towards weight loss goals. However, as I mentioned, I am currently in a lean bulk phase so I cannot comment on any fat loss results since my diet is currently not adjusted for that. I will say this, Total GO was effective at acting as a weight management supplement by helping keep my bulk as clean as possible since it didn't add any additional sugar, carbs, fat, or excessive calories. Therefore, I can say that this product helps significantly as weight management and keeping bulking phases clean.

Currently, Total GO is only available through TBN Lab's own website at a retail price of about 68 dollars. That is steep for a protein supplement, though it is expected that organic formulations due tend to cost somewhat more than traditional whey supplements. You get 45 servings in each container so the tub will last for a decent amount of time depending on how often you use it daily. I'd say the price is not a bad occasional investment given the quality and effectiveness, but I strongly recommend looking out for sales and deals.

Side Effects

Conclusion

TBN Labs hit a homerun with this great all natural protein supplement. It is an excellent, healthier option among protein supplements that can aid in weight loss, weight management, and achieving your macro quotas without adding any unnecessary additive garbage. Additionally, it's an effective muscle recovery booster. Just be sure that your diet and training are in check and try to catch the product on sale.
  • Fresh Brewed Coffee: 9/10

6.9
  August 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy On The Stomach
  • Fix Label Claims

Thank you to TBN Labs for the chance to try this protein and for supporting the SR Trooper program. I like the proteins that come from grass fed sources and this one did catch my eye for that exact reason.

I like that this is from grass fed sources. In one 30g scoop you get 24g of organic whey protein along with 117 calories, 1,7g of fat and 2.1g of sugar. The label is a bit confusing and the company should look into clearing this up. It says there are zero colors but the color of my powder was brown, zero sugars when the nutrition label states there are 2.1g, zero carbs and the nutrition label states there are 2.1g. The carbs in here are fine and if there is some coloring added it is fine also but I would correct the label. This is gluten free which for the majority of us is not a huge deal but for those who need gluten free then this is a plus. This is sweetened with Stevia so for those of you who are not Stevia fans take this into consideration. The advice here to the company is to make sure the label claims are accurate. You don't want to have consumers start to question the integrity of your product.

I had the chocolate cream flavor and it was good. It tasted almost like a soft serve chocolate ice cream. I dosed this anywhere from a half of a scoop all the way up to 2 scoops depending on how much time I had to fit all of my meals in and the amount of protein I needed to hit my daily goal. This did mix well if you used one scoop with 8 ounces of fluids. When I needed two scoops at one time I added 16 ounces of almond milk in a shaker cup. It was very thick when using this mixture. Mixing was pretty good also. Again when the scoops were added to 16 ounces of almond milk it did need to be mixed for a little longer but in the end it was fine.

This protein digested with no issues and did not cause any stomach discomfort during the use of this container. No gas, no bloating, etc.... I did feel full (not bloated) after drinking this especially when I would use two scoops. I like the full feeling from my protein shakes since I do not take them pre-workout and it will help stop the cravings to eat items I should not have in the evening time. My recovery was on par with the rest of the proteins I have used in the past. Since I do use BCAA's I cannot say how well this works as a stand alone for recovery. There are times when I do not use a protein powder and just use BCAA's and comparing that vs this combined with BCAA's my recovery is improved. I continued to make progressions in my lifts which was most notable on chest days.

The only place I found this was on TBN's website. For $67.75 you get 45 servings which works out to $1.50 per serving. For me this is a bit pricey for a protein powder. I like to stay in the $1.10 or less price per serving range. If more retailers pick this up I think the price would come down and more consumers would give it a try.

Side Effects

Conclusion

TBN has a good overall protein powder with Total GO. If they can find a way to drop the price I'm sure more consumers will give it a try. I would like to give one of their other flavors a try once the price comes down. Once marketing picks up on this and the word gets out I think people will like this. As mentioned above I would like to see the label claims cleared up. This protein did work for me and did everything I expect from a protein powder.
  • Chocolate Cream: 7/10

August 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gluten Free
  • Sketchy Label

Alright so if you have read my reviews in the past, you know that I eat mostly organic foods. There really is not an organic market for supplements, so I at least try to stay as natural as possible. I was excited when I saw this pop up, but after seeing the label, I question its authenticity.

Claims to be organic and non-GMO. Also says to have no colors, sugars, carbs, fillers, and preservatives. It is sweetened with Stevia and uses natural flavors. Macros are about 120 calories, 1.5 g fats, 2 g carbs -all sugar,- and 24 g of protein. I think it is a whey protein concentrate. There is also a bunch of vitamins listed on the profile, which I have not really seen in a protein powder.

Here is what I question about the label.. they do not specify what protein they use. I am not positive if it is a concentrate or isolate or a blend of some sort. There is a red color to the protein so either they used strawberries in the powder (which they do not mention and I do not think that should be considered a "natural flavor") or there is some sort of colorant added. Stevia is added and there are 2 g of sugars on the ingredient profile so the no sugars/carbs claim does not make sense. Also, there is no organic certification anywhere. I asked the rep about it being third party certified organic and the rep responded that it was, but never told me who it was certified by. I also sent an email to them on their website and I received a response that the protein is sourced from Germany and they certify it organic (no proof or way to contact them) and TBN is the final manufacturer of the products. So basically we are taking their word that TBN uses all organic ingredients in the final product. Seems sketchy to me.

Taste 10/10: Honestly this was delicious. I received the strawberry flavor and really enjoyed it. Mixed this with mostly water, but did mix it with almond milk occasionally. Supposed to be sweetened with Stevia, but it did not have that Stevia aftertaste which further makes me question this product.

Mix ability 6/10: Agree with Seaver that it frothed up a bit. Rep commented that you are not supposed to shake this protein on his review.

Dosing 10/10: Standard protein dosing instructions. One to two scoops a day.

This worked as well as any protein I have used before. Did not have any issues with digesting it. I used this once or occasionally twice a day and really enjoyed the taste of it. I do think strawberries were used in the product somewhere because it looked like it had strawberry seeds in it.

Three pounds of it goes for about $68 on their website without any shipping costs. There are 45 servings in the three pound tub, so each serving comes out to about $1.50 a serving. Pricey for a concentrate (?), but it is "organic" so you have to take that into consideration.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In an industry full of false claims and labels, I really do question this one. Until I see a third party certification, I honestly would not trust this. If anything, the label needs to be improved because the protein needs to be identified as a concentrate or isolate at the very least and any additional ingredients need to be identified as well. It gets a yellow face because I cannot say for sure that it is or is not organic, so I do not really want to give it a straight red face. At least it tasted great.
  • Strawberry: 10/10

August 26, 2017

• Acid Reflux

So I am not sure when Total Body Nutrition ( TBN ) came out as a new supplement company, as I had never heard of them until this became available here. That being said It is rare to see one come right and produce such a high quality supplement without fillers and everything else shoved in a bottle or tub to save a dime. This one though seems to have really aimed for the fence as a rookie.

Impressive. 30g scoop that contains 24 grams of protein from GMO free ORGANIC whey protein with very little natural flavoring.
1.7 total fats with .9 from saturated fat. 2.1g of carbs! Also 2.1 of sugars . Now with that being said it does state on the label it contains ZERO SUGAR AND ZERO CARBS, zero color and zero preservatives. Well if you read the label that is a bit confusing. One it does have a slight color to it. My flavor is strawberry and it does have a slight red color. No big deal but why put it on the label?

So it is sweetened with stevia. Which I am not really a fan of to be honest. It is listed as being Halal certified also.

I had strawberry and it was really tasty so no points taken away there, I was surprised too because I think most things with stevia sucks.
Now the mixing is not really bad but it does seem to foam really bad no matter how I mixed it.

Well it's as clean as you can get for the most part. I never really had any issue with digestion but I started to get mad acid reflux . I loved this did not bloat me or give me that full feeling. It was great to use as a bedtime snack for me and a mid-morning snack. That would always hold me over till lunch or morning time depending on when I took it. I used it every once in a while more than twice a day but mostly used at night and mid-morning.
I did not have crazy gains or get shredded or jacked but I think having a clean quality protein is a must if you are training hard. Taking this along with the BCaa I have from them seemed to be a good combo for recovery. But the bcaa seemed to really push the acid reflux over the top.

Well it is a bit pricey but I think that maybe due to it not being widely available. Right now on their website this is 67 bucks for 45 servings which is around 1.49 a serving. I think this is some good stuff but that is out of my typical price I like to be in. Hopefully if this gets on some supplement website stores that price will come down.

Side Effects

acid reflux
foaming.

Conclusion

TBN did a great job on this one and seems to have some good supplements in their lineup. I appreciated being able to give this a go.
  • Strawberry: 8/10