(Better than 82% in Protein > Whey Protein)

Total Body Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by TBN Labs. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Protein > Whey Protein

July 11, 2018

• Could Be A Little Cheaper

Very standard protein for a pretty standard price.

Let me start off by thanking SR and TBN labs for making this review possible. During 'hard work' season I look to get as many easily accessible protein sources as possible into my diet. Protein powder is the easiest way for me to get a quick 20-40g of protein on the go. let's dive right in.

1 serving
115 calories
1.5g fat
1g fiber
5g carbs
22g protein

This protein is a gluten-free, grass-fed whey matrix containing seven different protein components to help nourish your muscles for up to 8 hours. It's a blend of some isolates like casein, milk, and egg. The macros are very versatile and should be able to fit into anyone's nutrition plan. I like the label overall. It looks a bit more quality than your run of the mill protein powder.

Taste: Dutch Chocolate Ice cream was good but not great. I have to put a disclaimer here that I'm not a huge chocolate fan in general so others that really enjoy that chocolatey taste will probably enjoy this more.

Mixibility: No problems at all, easy mixing even at two servings

Dosage: Dosing depends on the individuals needs, but I took 2 servings immediately post workout to help me meet my daily protein needs.

1.) Was this helpful in building muscle? I think it absolutely was! I was able to get a quality source of protein immediately post workout to refuel/rebuild my muscle and I felt confident enough in the ingredients that it would work as advertised.

2.) Digestion? I had zero intestinal issues while using this product. I never felt sick or bloated after taking this supplement.

3.) Convenience? As with most powders, this was very easy to transport and use while on the go.

4.) Recovery? I felt like the product impacted my body's recovery in a positive way, but it wasn't anything drastic. My DOMs felt pretty much the same, however, I woke up feeling a little more refreshed.

Overall, this was as effective as any other protein powder has been for me. I never felt bloated or uncomfortable and thats a big deal for me when using a protein supplement. You never want to feel bad after taking a supplement.

On the manufacturer's site, you can get this for $34.75 for 30 servings. This comes out to roughly $1.17 per serving. That's not bad by any means for this quality of protein, but I of course, wish it could get under that $1 per serving mark.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Pretty good all around protein for a reasonable price!

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

September 16, 2017

• Foams Up

I want to thank Total Body Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to review Total Body Protein. Protein powder is the main staple in my supplement stack and I'm always on the look out for something new. I go through protein powder fairly fast as I also use it to bake/cook with to help meet my macros. During the duration of this review I was training 5-6 days a week 2x a day.

The ingredient profile features a fully transparent label with 30g per serving size. Each serving has 115 calories with 14 calories from fat. Other notables include: 1.5g Total Fat, 5g Carbohydrates, 4g Sugar and 22g of gluten free, grass fed whey protein matrix: containing 7 different protein components (Whey Isolate Peptide, Concentrate, Casein, and Egg Albumin). With the different protein sources there are different digestion rates ranging from slower to faster.

There are added MCTs "Medium Chain Triglycerides" that is used as an energy source. Think of this as a carbohydrate. Another addition is the Fiber Matrix with helps with gastrointestinal health.

Taste - I received the Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream flavor which is one of ten or so flavors currently available. The taste wasn't bad, you could tell there was stevia used but overall I give it a 7/10.

Mixability - I didn't have any issues with mixability other than having some foam build up. I can deal with that over clumping or settlement. When I made shakes I only used water and found 6-8 oz to be my sweet spot.

Dosing - Really no dosing protocol for protein powder..... i usually had a 1 shake after both training sessions. On occasion I made pro-oats, mixed in yogurt and oatmeal or made protein muffins.

Protein powder is one of the hardest supplements to determine effectiveness. However there were some things to note: Overall I had no issues with digestion or bloating sometimes I do have issues with milk protein supplements. Another factor was the easiness I could fill up my protein macros. There was a variety of ways to accomplish that whether it was making a shake or baking. Recovery following training was increased a little. I noticed a reduction in DOMs and soreness days after training.

The cheapest value I could find was on the TBN Labs website for around $35. Each 2lbs tub contains 30 servings so your looking at a price of around $1.17 per serving. I have no problem with this price as your paying for a high quality protein powder.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I enjoyed my experience using Total Body Protein. I believe this is best used in the morning or night based on the different digestion rate of the protein matrix. I'd like to see them expand in the market rather than just having one website to find them. The price may seem a little high for some people but I believe its worth it with the quality ingredients.
  • Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream: 7/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

September 5, 2017

• Foams Up

TBN Labs is a new company on the block. It's surprising to see such a small company start off with such a wide array of products. Not a bad thing at all, just something I noticed.

I am here to review their protein powder Total Body Protein.

The label is fully disclosed, which is a plus. The macros, while are higher than some other brands, are not bad as far as your basic protein blends go. 5 carbs, isn't anything your body can't handle on a cut, and if you're trying to gain, you could easily fit this in. You get 22 grams of protein per scoop, which is decent, and also 1.5 grams of fat.

You get a blend of some isolates, some casein, milk, and egg. While I am not big on the whole timing of protein, this should take a while to be completely digested, and should be very versatile as opposed to a whey isolate or a casein product.

I had the coconut cream flavor, it actually was pretty enjoyable. While nowhere near the best tasting protein I have ever had, having something other than a your basic chocolate, CNC, or (god forbid) vanilla. I could see some people not liking it however, so if you don't like living dangerously, don't go with coconut.

As for the mixability, it does foam up quite heavily when shaken. It was foamy, however, according to Momo1, it mixes much better in almond milk than it does water. There was always a lot of foam at the bottom, which I had to dump out.

One thing I did like, the powder is extremely fine. One of the finest powders I have ever seen. Think of a pre-workout that you shake up and the powder starts to spew out like smoke... yeah like that.

Well, it is a protein powder, so of course it "worked". I typically used this either on my way to work(1.5 hour drive), or right before bed to hit my daily protein requirements. I mixed this in with my greens powder quite often as well, and the coconut flavor overpowered the greens. I am no hater of green powders flavors, but the combination of greens and coconut was quite enjoyable.

I experienced no indigestion issues at all, which is good. It was also very effective at holding me over between meals. Even without any fiber, I was still able to get through the day feeling satiated.

Pretty standard all around, except for the foaminess. It was not a deal breaker for me, but I could totally see some people hating this.

You can find this for around $35 for 30 servings. That isn't bad by any means. They are not widely available yet, however, I don't see the price going down if TBN ever decides sell this through etailers like a1supplements or the like.

Side Effects

Conclusion

TBN is a new company trying to hit it big. Total Body Protein, while nothing amazing, was fairly enjoyable due to the coconut flavoring. While it does tend to foam up too much, I wouldn't mind using it again. The price isn't too bad, and if someone asked me if they should go ahead and purchase this, I wouldn't say no.

September 4, 2017

• Foams Up

First off I want to thank TBN Labs for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I will be honest with you I was not planning this give this product a try but since the other protein I had claimed never showed up I needed a protein to use. After looking into this product a bit I thought it looked fairly decent and thought I would give it a try. After using this I thought it was a fairly decent product.

This has 115 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbs, 4 grams of sugar and 22 grams of protein. This is gluten free and grass fed whey. This is a blended protein with 7 different proteins in it Ultra filtered whey concentrate, micro filtered whey isolate, whey isolate peptide fractions, calcium caseinate, micellar alpha and beta caseinates, milk protein isolate, egg albumin. This I feel is good for someone cutting or on a more calorie strict diet.

This comes in 10 flavors and all of them sound pretty good. I decided to give the cookies & cream flavor a try. I thought overall it was pretty decent. It does not have a super strong taste to it. You do notice that nice cookie taste to it. You do need to be careful how much water you use because it can really water down the flavor a bit if you use to much water. So less water and it will have that stronger taste to it which I liked.

Had no real issues with it mixing. There is a little bit of foam you will get but nothing that is real bad. No left over residue or clumps from this. There is nothing that will stick to the bottom of your shaker bottle. Normally I would not use a blended protein product for after my workouts and would recommend using in the mornings or at night before bed. I used 1 scoop after my workouts.

Normally I would not use a blended protein product like this after my workout but it was the only protein I had at the moment to use. I would rather have used this in the mornings or at night before bed. Protein products are not always the easiest to gauge on how well they work. I think no matter what kind of protein you use it will at least help you in some way. I usually gauge protein on how well it digests and what kind of recovery you get from it.

I thought this was really good on my stomach and never caused me any stomach or bathroom issues. When mixed it was not to thick like and never caused me much issues with bloating in my stomach. I feel this helped me gain more lean muscle mass because I looked more lean like and not all bloated with a lot of extra fat gain. I felt my strength gains were up some but nothing that was real crazy like. If your looking for a meal replacement I think this works good for that. I know after I would use this it took some of my appetite away and made me feel more full. If you know your not going to be eating your next meal for awhile this will really help you stay full longer until that next meal.

I feel my recovery on this was very much improved. I think because of the fast and slow type proteins they use in this helped my body to recovery a lot quicker than it normally would. I know my DOMS I would get were very much limited because I seemed to feel a lot better the next couple of days after some of my harder workouts I would have. I know on some of my harder leg workouts I seemed to feel a lot better and would not hurt as much and made it a little easier trying to walk. I feel this helped me be able to workout harder and longer because my body felt a lot better and was not as sore like. If your trying to cut more or limit your calorie intake I think this is a good protein for that because it does not make you look and feel all bloated like.

On TBN's website they want $35 for 30 servings. For a blended protein product I don't think that is to bad a price. This comes out to about $1.16 per serving. They also have a 5lb container $65 for 75 servings. would like to see a few sites start carrying their products and maybe would help get their prices lowered a bit.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was a decent blended protein product. I think blended protein products are better to use in the mornings or at night before bed and would not normally use it post workout like I did but you can. So next time if use this I won't be using it post workout. If your looking for a good protein product that will help you gain more lean muscle mass and give you some good recovery I would highly recommend you check this out. The cost of this won't break your wallet either which is nice. I would say people who are cutting or on a limited calorie intake this would be great for you to have. I think because of the different fast and slow type protein this works good as a meal replacement if your looking for that. I would like to see a few sites start carrying their products instead of just their websites. With all the different flavors they have I would really like to be able to try some of the other flavors the next time I use this. Again I would like to give TBN a big shout out for making this product and letting me have the chance to try this.
  • Cookies & Cream: 8/10

September 1, 2017

• Foams Up
What's up SR, sorry for the delay in this review, lots going on. I would like to thank TBN and the Troopers for the opportunity to try Total Body Protein. For those of us who use protein to maintain and build muscles, we are always searching for a good product. I was in the market for a multiple blend protein to use a part of my breakfast; therefore, when Total Body Protein came up for the Troopers, I decided to try it.

As for the profile, other than the protein blend, everything else is fully disclosed. There is only 5 grams of Carbs, 22 grams of protein, and 115 calories; perfect in my opinion if you are cutting or on a caloric restricted diet. Total Body Protein (TBP) has a number of different proteins, from Ultra Filtered whey concentrate to egg protein. Considering the whey TBP is formulated, your body is going to consuming the whey protein faster and the Casein and Egg protein slower; this process is what makes this a meal replacement.

Taste - I received the Strawberry flavor, which was not bad, the dye in it was a little on the heavy side, but it did not stain my shaker cup. It was good tasting, no chemical after taste.

Mix - I used different liquids to mix and I found that it mixed better with milk or almond milk. When mixed in water, it would foam up a little.

Dosing - I used this primary as part of my breakfast regiment; I took 1 serving upon waking up.

As we all know, protein is one of those supplements that could be hard to gauge; however, since I ran this in the am, my goal was to see how long it would keep me full and help with recovery from any workouts done the night before. I was pleased TBP as a meal replacement, I have a strong appetite and TBP held me up for at least 3 to 4 hours; I noticed when I did take it with milk, I was fuller longer. I normally eat between 6 to 7 times a days, and having TBP in the morning was very helpfully on the wallet.

In regards to recovery, on days I was able to work out in the evenings, despite taking a whey isolate after my workout, I still felt that TBP help minimize any DOMS. On a couple of occasions, I would take a serving during the day, especially after crazy leg work out, I noticed I was able to walk straight, not like a penguin from the DOMS kicking in.

On TBN's website is listed at 35.00 a tub. This is not a bad value, when you take into consideration you get 30 servings and if you are using it for breakfast, it cheaper and healthier than getting a number #1 at McDonalds or as I call it "McEye Balls", since they use Cow Eye Balls as filers for their meats.

Side Effects

There were no sides to speak of, no stomach issues.

Conclusion

I enjoyed running TBP, for a multiple blend protein, it is comparable to others in the market and at the same price point. This is one I would recommend for anyone looking to reduce their caloric intake, while keeping as much as their gains as possible; TBP is a meal replacement that will not break your wallet. I would like to thank TBN again for the opportunity.

August 28, 2017

• Foams Up

Big shoutout to Total Body Nutrition for sending me their Total Body protein to review! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a good shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength. During my usage this was my only protein powder I was using.

This products contains 115 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbs, 4 grams of sugar and 22 grams of protein. The protein is a complex made up of 7 different types of proteins. Those are Ultra filtered whey concentrate, micro filtered whey isolate, whey isolate peptide fractions, calcium caseinate, micellar alpha and beta caseinates, milk protein isolate, egg albumin. Those proteins all breakdown at different times from short to long. That makes it an extended release protein that gives you a solid long lasting flow of protein.

The taste is phenomenal. I received the cinnamon ice cream flavor. The flavor taste exactly like a vanilla ice cream that's had cinnamon poured in and stirred in. I was very impressed with it. It was a treat everytime I drank it. They offer 10 total flavors that all sound very interesting and good. I'd be willing to try them all. The mixability was my one issue with this protein. I used a shaker bottle and 12 ounces of milk almost everytime. Everytime I shook it up it got extremely foamy. I tried less milk and more but it was just the same. I found that I needed to shake it up about an hour before I wanted to drink it and let it sit in the fridge and settle. Even doing that it didn't completely remove the foam but it made it much better. There was no residue or clumps leftover just foam. The dosing seemed just right at 30 grams per one scoop. There are 30 servings per 2 pound container.

I was very happy with the effectiveness of this supplement. I always drank this at night before I went to sleep due to it being fast and slow release protein. I definitely gained muscle during my usage. I didn't notice any big increases of strength. I stayed fairly lean and didn't notice any fat gain. I woke up each morning feeling full and not as hungry as I would without a shake, which was awesome if I couldn't get to breakfast right away. This shake is perfect for people trying to build muscle and looking for sustained protein intake throughout the day.

I found this product at 35 dollars on their website for a 2 pound tub. At 30 servings this breaks down to about 1.16 per serving. For the results I got and the enjoyable taste I think 1.16 a serving is great.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects while using this product.

Conclusion

Well to conclude this I'll say I was very happy with this product overall. I can definitely see myself trying this again in the future. It delivered the results it said it would on the label. I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a new protein supplement. Hopefully if you try it you'll have as good experience just like I did. Once again very big thank you to Total Body Nutrition!
  • Cinnamon Ice Cream: 9/10