(Better than 82% in Protein > Whey Protein)

Total Body Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by TBN Labs. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Protein > Whey Protein

September 19, 2018

• Foams Up

Quick thank you to SR Troops and TBN labs for allowing me to review this product. I'm always on the lookout for great protein supplements, and I was interested in this product because of TBN's reputation for quality ingredients and products.

115 Calories
1.5g of Fat
5g of Carbs
22g of Protein

Total Body Protein contains an excellent blend of whey, casein, and egg proteins with very little fillers and additives. The protein ingredients are a part of what TBN refer to as their "grass fed whey matrix". It is generally accepted that grass fed cows produce beef and milk that are higher in nutrients. Kudos to TBN for going the extra step and trying to include a higher quality of ingredients in their product.

Taste: 6/10
I requested and received the Graham Cracker flavor. Personally, I've consumed enough chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry flavored protein powders to last me a lifetime. Now I prefer to experiment with more exotic and unique flavors. The graham cracker flavor was part of the reason I wanted to try this product, however, it failed to reach my expectations. That's not to say that the taste was bad; it just wasn't as strong as I would have liked. The flavor was very light, to the point of being sort of bland. I experimented with mixing this product with both milk and water, and found that the milk somewhat overpowered the flavor. I would like to see the flavor strengthened, and maybe even sweetened a little more.

Mixability:
No issues with mixability. Honestly this was one of the finest protein powders I have used to this date. There was a small amount of foaming, but not enough for it to matter.

Dosing:
One scoop in 8oz of milk or water. I used this product once a day, varying between just after waking and just before bed.

Protein is protein. No matter the source, as long as you area taking in the right amount daily, you will see results. What sets protein powders apart from each other in this regard is the additional benefits depending on other ingredients or protein types. This product is very light on the stomach, comparable to other products such as VMI's Protolyte. What this means is I could take this in the mornings before work or a work out without feeling bloated, sluggish, or over full. The product also digested very wellTotal Body Protein uses a blended protein containing both fast and slow digesting protein types. The benefit to have slower digesting protein is to keep you feeling satiated over a longer period of time, and TBN definitely delivered. When using this product before bed, I found myself waking the next morning without feeling hungry or craving food. Some days I was even able to fast until noon without feeling hungry. I also noticed a difference in my recovery from fatigue and DOMS while using this product. While it did not completely wipe out my soreness, I did feel much more refreshed from day to day, even after grueling two hour workouts.

About $35 for 30 servings. While this is a little pricier than some, I have paid higher prices per serving for protein products that I have liked much less. I don't mind paying a few extra dollars for quality ingredients and a quality product.

Side Effects

No negative side effects experienced throughout the use of this product.

Conclusion

Total Body Protein is an excellent product and fairly priced. I definitely look forward to trying more of their products in the future.
  • Graham Cracker: 6/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

6.4
  September 17, 2018

• Could Be A Little Cheaper

What's up guys here for another review of Total Body Protein by TBN labs. This is a protein with claims of muscle recovery, having extended release protein, maintaining weight, and gaining lean muscle. For whatever your goal is this protein will give you the necessary supplementation to reach any gains you set your mind to.

Carbs: 5g
sugars: 4g
fiber: 1 g
protein: 22g
Normally I would like a protein that has at least 24-26grams of protein per serving. Fortunately I think this company does a nice job in the production of this product. Protein is meant to help build muscle, recover your muscles after a workout and hopefully help you maintain weight and gain muscle. The company states that their product has extended release protein and with this type of potential the extended release protein can work long into your work day. Fueling your body with protein throughout the day is especially important. Studies done show that throughout the day your body needs extra protein as we work, play or do whatever. Since this is a whey protein and not isolate taking multiple servings of this will definitely help you throughout the day to maintain the protein levels you need to boost you to the next workout.

I really enjoyed the taste of this product. I specifically asked for chocolate flavor because I never stray from what I like. Overall this tasted great and mixed very well in water or milk. I never had any clumping with this powder. For dosing the scoop was fairly large like a normal protein scoop. One scoop of this product was equal to 30 g of protein.

During the course of taking this protein I was doing a new workout based on hypertrophy. I needed a protein that gave me a recovery rate and the protein that would allow me to lift every lift with intensity and without too much soreness. I decided to aim to take a shake before and after my workout. I think that many of you already do this or aim to do this but I was never a fan because I needed more substance during my day. Well I think it worked really well for me. I felt that this protein supplement had a decent amount of protein that allowed me to get to the 180-200 grams per day. One thing that I think it definitely helped with was weight management. Due to my healthcare job I felt that I was skipping cardio and just getting hard lifts in, which is not necessarily bad, but for me I need cardio to maintain or lose weight (in addition to diet). With a lack of cardio I was still able to lose about 5 lbs while taking this protein. I am not entirely convinced that this supplement was the reason, but it is something that I could not just ignore in this section. This company claims that the protein in this supplement can help for up tp 8 hours after taking and I am convinced that it was efficient in supplying my working muscles with the protein during times after workout out. I did get some lean muscle gain in my pecs and shoulders while on this product with my workouts. I would suggest in getting on this supplement long term as I think there could be more benefits than what I had.

On the TBN website the 2lb tub (what I received) is $34.75 for 30 servings. On amazon.com there was no 2lb option but for the 5 lb option you can get this protein for $64.75. That is a pretty hefty price for a 5lb tub in my opinion. If you willing to spend the extra money this protein may be an option for you. This product is not widely available which is one of the downfalls.

Side Effects

no side effects. No after taste.

Conclusion

Overall this is a solid protein that can aid in your protein intake throughout the day. I felt take 2 servings is the way to go since 22g is on the lower end of protein content. This is a whey protein not isolate so taking is throughout the day is also an option. This supplement is a littlie pricey for the 5lb tub so make sure you are doing your research and this exactly what you want. Still a good option for your protein supplementation.
  • Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream: 8/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

July 29, 2018

• Could Be A Little Cheaper

Nice protein powder that does its job.

Thank you to the people at TBN Labs for letting me review your protein. I am always on the lookout for a solid protein powder at a good price. I know TBN makes a great product so this was an easy choice.

The nutrition is solid for me. This is a low-calorie, carb, and sugar protein powder with protein amount good. It also has vitamins that are found in most multivitamins giving it added benefits. The product is gluten-free.

Calories from fat 14
Total fat 7
Sodium 35
Potassium 110
Carbs 5 g
Sugar 4 g
Protein 22 g

The Total Body Protein has other products that you may not find in some protein powders. It has what they call a "grass-fed whey matrix" which is composed of micro filtered whey protein isolate, whey concentrate, whey isolate peptides, calcium caseinate, micellar alpha and beta caseinate, milk protein isolate, egg albumin, MCT powdered, and non-fat dry milk. Whey isolates is a pure amount of protein and have less or no lactose with a low amount of fat. Whey concentrate is the most used protein powder and has low amounts of fat and carbs. Whey isolates peptides is a string of amino acids that help the body recover. Casein is found in the curd of milk and slowly absorbed by the body. Egg albumin is the outside part of the egg which is the white part and the yoke removed. Milk protein isolate is like whole milk as it has 2 types of protein. MCT is medium chain triglycerides that can help add weight to the body and hopefully increase muscle mass. The ingredients in Total Body Protein are great, so I give it a high-ranking.

I was able to get this in dutch chocolate ice cream. The taste was OK but not the normal chocolate taste I'm used to. I did use it with water which was easier to mix. If mixed with almond milk, I got a very thick shake, so I always had to add some water to it. The mixability was not a big issue as long as you used plenty of liquids. The dosing is to take one scoop after a workout but I typically average 1.5 scoops after a workout and it was no problem. The taste, mixability, and dosing were not an issue. I give this a good rating.

The only downfall I found with this was the claims on the tub. It claims to promote rapid recovery, revive lean muscle, increase definition, low-fat scale, extended release protein, promotes muscle growth, increases strength, and low carb and sugar. The downfall I find with these claims is that this is something that comes with protein over time. When it comes to things like increasing definition, increasing strength, and promoting muscle growth, you will not see these results as fast as 30 servings provided by the Total Body Protein. It takes time to get "fast and great" results. If you continue on with a good diet, a nice workout, and time, you can get those benefits. What I did find was, it promotes rapid recovery and had the extended release protein for me to get through a day and a place to start the next morning. The effectiveness was nice and it is a protein powder with extras. I give it a good rating.

I was only able to find this on the TBN website. A 2 lb tub is 30 servings and the cost was $35 which is $1.67 per serving. I usually keep my protein powders around $1.25 per serving. This is a protein that is on the higher end of my normal price but it does contain several forms of protein so this is not a bad price. I give this a fair rating for value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a nice protein powder. The ingredients were fantastic. The carbs, sugar, and calories were low. The Total Body Protein was effective. The price is not too high. I think this is a solid protein powder with more ingredients than you normal protein powder. The added extras are worth the cost so it is something I would buy again.
  • Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream: 6/10

July 29, 2018

• Foams Up

Total Body Protein is an excellent protein supplement that's both great tasting and provide the support in the areas your body needs to make those sweet gains.

A special thanks to TBN labs for their continued participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their protein supplement Total Body Protein, which will be referred to as TBP for this review. We all need our protein both for good general health and of course support in all our fitness goals whether it's building muscle, losing fat, etc. There are more protein supplements on today's market than one can count. I decided to give TBP a go considering my positive experiences with TBN in general and their protein supplements in particular such a Total Go and Total Mass.

Each serving provides 115 calories, 4g of sugar, 5g of carbs, and 1.5g of total fat. I like how both the carb and sugar content are both low as is the fat content. Also, the product is sweetened with stevia.

Providing 22g of protein, TBP derives this protein from ultra filtered whey concentrate, micro filtered whey isolate, egg albumin, and casein. With all these sources of protein, TBP provides the advantage of varying sustained release proteins and bioavailability to help continuously feed your muscles and body as a whole. The sources are gluten free and grass-fed derived.

The protein also provides a source of both essential and nonessential amino acids, glutamine peptides, and medium chain triglycerides for added anabolic recovery support.

Lastly, there is a fiber matrix to help with digestion and GI health.

I received the banana ice cream flavor and liked it a lot. It was sweet, but not too sweet and really did have a pleasant banana flavor. It truly tasted like a legit banana milkshake when mixed with milk.

In terms of thoroughness, the mixability was not a problem as I had no globs or clumps to deal with. However, at times it did foam up a bit especially in a shaker bottle.

On both training and non-training days I stuck to taking one serving mixed with either water or milk in the morning a little after breakfast. I figured morning would be best since I wanted to take advantage of the sustained release protein to keep me full and supported throughout the day leading up to my workouts.

The one thing I enjoyed most was how TBP improved my recovery. The supplementation of the amino acids, MCTs, and variable protein sources helped keep DOMS and post workout lag to a significant minimum. I was able to go through the days and into my workouts with more natural energy and less previous workout induced soreness. This allowed to keep pushing equally hard through my training sessions.

I also had a greater feeling of satiety and I found myself experiencing less frequent hunger pangs during the day. This is highly essential to me since when you work in healthcare, time alloted to eat anything can be scarce.

Lastly, I had improved GI function as I had no problems with gas and my regularity was continuously normal without problems.

TBP is not widely available. For a 2 lbs tub the going price on TBN's own website is about 35 dollars. At first glance that does seem a little price. Nevertheless, considering the high quality and extras you get from Total Body Protein, I'd say that this is still a fair price and good value. There is a 5 lbs tub size available that gives 75 servings, but not surprisingly that for around 65 dollars. I guess depending on how many servings you use a day, that may seem like a more efficient value if you're a "one serving a day" guy like me. In contrast, if you use additional servings, the price can add up. As I always recommend, capitalize on sales and deals when available.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Total Body Protein is a great option among protein supplements that will aid recovery, support GI function, improve natural energy, and help keep you full and focused. The quality, protein sources, and extras are all favorable for anyone regardless of specific fitness goals and is bound to help in all areas. Just be sure to catch it on sale when possible.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!
  • Banana Ice Cream: 8/10

July 11, 2018

• Could Be A Little Cheaper

Very standard protein for a pretty standard price.

Let me start off by thanking SR and TBN labs for making this review possible. During 'hard work' season I look to get as many easily accessible protein sources as possible into my diet. Protein powder is the easiest way for me to get a quick 20-40g of protein on the go. let's dive right in.

1 serving
115 calories
1.5g fat
1g fiber
5g carbs
22g protein

This protein is a gluten-free, grass-fed whey matrix containing seven different protein components to help nourish your muscles for up to 8 hours. It's a blend of some isolates like casein, milk, and egg. The macros are very versatile and should be able to fit into anyone's nutrition plan. I like the label overall. It looks a bit more quality than your run of the mill protein powder.

Taste: Dutch Chocolate Ice cream was good but not great. I have to put a disclaimer here that I'm not a huge chocolate fan in general so others that really enjoy that chocolatey taste will probably enjoy this more.

Mixibility: No problems at all, easy mixing even at two servings

Dosage: Dosing depends on the individuals needs, but I took 2 servings immediately post workout to help me meet my daily protein needs.

1.) Was this helpful in building muscle? I think it absolutely was! I was able to get a quality source of protein immediately post workout to refuel/rebuild my muscle and I felt confident enough in the ingredients that it would work as advertised.

2.) Digestion? I had zero intestinal issues while using this product. I never felt sick or bloated after taking this supplement.

3.) Convenience? As with most powders, this was very easy to transport and use while on the go.

4.) Recovery? I felt like the product impacted my body's recovery in a positive way, but it wasn't anything drastic. My DOMs felt pretty much the same, however, I woke up feeling a little more refreshed.

Overall, this was as effective as any other protein powder has been for me. I never felt bloated or uncomfortable and thats a big deal for me when using a protein supplement. You never want to feel bad after taking a supplement.

On the manufacturer's site, you can get this for $34.75 for 30 servings. This comes out to roughly $1.17 per serving. That's not bad by any means for this quality of protein, but I of course, wish it could get under that $1 per serving mark.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Pretty good all around protein for a reasonable price!

September 16, 2017

• Foams Up

I want to thank Total Body Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to review Total Body Protein. Protein powder is the main staple in my supplement stack and I'm always on the look out for something new. I go through protein powder fairly fast as I also use it to bake/cook with to help meet my macros. During the duration of this review I was training 5-6 days a week 2x a day.

The ingredient profile features a fully transparent label with 30g per serving size. Each serving has 115 calories with 14 calories from fat. Other notables include: 1.5g Total Fat, 5g Carbohydrates, 4g Sugar and 22g of gluten free, grass fed whey protein matrix: containing 7 different protein components (Whey Isolate Peptide, Concentrate, Casein, and Egg Albumin). With the different protein sources there are different digestion rates ranging from slower to faster.

There are added MCTs "Medium Chain Triglycerides" that is used as an energy source. Think of this as a carbohydrate. Another addition is the Fiber Matrix with helps with gastrointestinal health.

Taste - I received the Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream flavor which is one of ten or so flavors currently available. The taste wasn't bad, you could tell there was stevia used but overall I give it a 7/10.

Mixability - I didn't have any issues with mixability other than having some foam build up. I can deal with that over clumping or settlement. When I made shakes I only used water and found 6-8 oz to be my sweet spot.

Dosing - Really no dosing protocol for protein powder..... i usually had a 1 shake after both training sessions. On occasion I made pro-oats, mixed in yogurt and oatmeal or made protein muffins.

Protein powder is one of the hardest supplements to determine effectiveness. However there were some things to note: Overall I had no issues with digestion or bloating sometimes I do have issues with milk protein supplements. Another factor was the easiness I could fill up my protein macros. There was a variety of ways to accomplish that whether it was making a shake or baking. Recovery following training was increased a little. I noticed a reduction in DOMs and soreness days after training.

The cheapest value I could find was on the TBN Labs website for around $35. Each 2lbs tub contains 30 servings so your looking at a price of around $1.17 per serving. I have no problem with this price as your paying for a high quality protein powder.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I enjoyed my experience using Total Body Protein. I believe this is best used in the morning or night based on the different digestion rate of the protein matrix. I'd like to see them expand in the market rather than just having one website to find them. The price may seem a little high for some people but I believe its worth it with the quality ingredients.
  • Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream: 7/10

September 5, 2017

• Foams Up

TBN Labs is a new company on the block. It's surprising to see such a small company start off with such a wide array of products. Not a bad thing at all, just something I noticed.

I am here to review their protein powder Total Body Protein.

The label is fully disclosed, which is a plus. The macros, while are higher than some other brands, are not bad as far as your basic protein blends go. 5 carbs, isn't anything your body can't handle on a cut, and if you're trying to gain, you could easily fit this in. You get 22 grams of protein per scoop, which is decent, and also 1.5 grams of fat.

You get a blend of some isolates, some casein, milk, and egg. While I am not big on the whole timing of protein, this should take a while to be completely digested, and should be very versatile as opposed to a whey isolate or a casein product.

I had the coconut cream flavor, it actually was pretty enjoyable. While nowhere near the best tasting protein I have ever had, having something other than a your basic chocolate, CNC, or (god forbid) vanilla. I could see some people not liking it however, so if you don't like living dangerously, don't go with coconut.

As for the mixability, it does foam up quite heavily when shaken. It was foamy, however, according to Momo1, it mixes much better in almond milk than it does water. There was always a lot of foam at the bottom, which I had to dump out.

One thing I did like, the powder is extremely fine. One of the finest powders I have ever seen. Think of a pre-workout that you shake up and the powder starts to spew out like smoke... yeah like that.

Well, it is a protein powder, so of course it "worked". I typically used this either on my way to work(1.5 hour drive), or right before bed to hit my daily protein requirements. I mixed this in with my greens powder quite often as well, and the coconut flavor overpowered the greens. I am no hater of green powders flavors, but the combination of greens and coconut was quite enjoyable.

I experienced no indigestion issues at all, which is good. It was also very effective at holding me over between meals. Even without any fiber, I was still able to get through the day feeling satiated.

Pretty standard all around, except for the foaminess. It was not a deal breaker for me, but I could totally see some people hating this.

You can find this for around $35 for 30 servings. That isn't bad by any means. They are not widely available yet, however, I don't see the price going down if TBN ever decides sell this through etailers like a1supplements or the like.

Side Effects

Conclusion

TBN is a new company trying to hit it big. Total Body Protein, while nothing amazing, was fairly enjoyable due to the coconut flavoring. While it does tend to foam up too much, I wouldn't mind using it again. The price isn't too bad, and if someone asked me if they should go ahead and purchase this, I wouldn't say no.

September 4, 2017

• Foams Up

First off I want to thank TBN Labs for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I will be honest with you I was not planning this give this product a try but since the other protein I had claimed never showed up I needed a protein to use. After looking into this product a bit I thought it looked fairly decent and thought I would give it a try. After using this I thought it was a fairly decent product.

This has 115 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbs, 4 grams of sugar and 22 grams of protein. This is gluten free and grass fed whey. This is a blended protein with 7 different proteins in it Ultra filtered whey concentrate, micro filtered whey isolate, whey isolate peptide fractions, calcium caseinate, micellar alpha and beta caseinates, milk protein isolate, egg albumin. This I feel is good for someone cutting or on a more calorie strict diet.

This comes in 10 flavors and all of them sound pretty good. I decided to give the cookies & cream flavor a try. I thought overall it was pretty decent. It does not have a super strong taste to it. You do notice that nice cookie taste to it. You do need to be careful how much water you use because it can really water down the flavor a bit if you use to much water. So less water and it will have that stronger taste to it which I liked.

Had no real issues with it mixing. There is a little bit of foam you will get but nothing that is real bad. No left over residue or clumps from this. There is nothing that will stick to the bottom of your shaker bottle. Normally I would not use a blended protein product for after my workouts and would recommend using in the mornings or at night before bed. I used 1 scoop after my workouts.

Normally I would not use a blended protein product like this after my workout but it was the only protein I had at the moment to use. I would rather have used this in the mornings or at night before bed. Protein products are not always the easiest to gauge on how well they work. I think no matter what kind of protein you use it will at least help you in some way. I usually gauge protein on how well it digests and what kind of recovery you get from it.

I thought this was really good on my stomach and never caused me any stomach or bathroom issues. When mixed it was not to thick like and never caused me much issues with bloating in my stomach. I feel this helped me gain more lean muscle mass because I looked more lean like and not all bloated with a lot of extra fat gain. I felt my strength gains were up some but nothing that was real crazy like. If your looking for a meal replacement I think this works good for that. I know after I would use this it took some of my appetite away and made me feel more full. If you know your not going to be eating your next meal for awhile this will really help you stay full longer until that next meal.

I feel my recovery on this was very much improved. I think because of the fast and slow type proteins they use in this helped my body to recovery a lot quicker than it normally would. I know my DOMS I would get were very much limited because I seemed to feel a lot better the next couple of days after some of my harder workouts I would have. I know on some of my harder leg workouts I seemed to feel a lot better and would not hurt as much and made it a little easier trying to walk. I feel this helped me be able to workout harder and longer because my body felt a lot better and was not as sore like. If your trying to cut more or limit your calorie intake I think this is a good protein for that because it does not make you look and feel all bloated like.

On TBN's website they want $35 for 30 servings. For a blended protein product I don't think that is to bad a price. This comes out to about $1.16 per serving. They also have a 5lb container $65 for 75 servings. would like to see a few sites start carrying their products and maybe would help get their prices lowered a bit.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was a decent blended protein product. I think blended protein products are better to use in the mornings or at night before bed and would not normally use it post workout like I did but you can. So next time if use this I won't be using it post workout. If your looking for a good protein product that will help you gain more lean muscle mass and give you some good recovery I would highly recommend you check this out. The cost of this won't break your wallet either which is nice. I would say people who are cutting or on a limited calorie intake this would be great for you to have. I think because of the different fast and slow type protein this works good as a meal replacement if your looking for that. I would like to see a few sites start carrying their products instead of just their websites. With all the different flavors they have I would really like to be able to try some of the other flavors the next time I use this. Again I would like to give TBN a big shout out for making this product and letting me have the chance to try this.
  • Cookies & Cream: 8/10

September 1, 2017

• Foams Up
What's up SR, sorry for the delay in this review, lots going on. I would like to thank TBN and the Troopers for the opportunity to try Total Body Protein. For those of us who use protein to maintain and build muscles, we are always searching for a good product. I was in the market for a multiple blend protein to use a part of my breakfast; therefore, when Total Body Protein came up for the Troopers, I decided to try it.

As for the profile, other than the protein blend, everything else is fully disclosed. There is only 5 grams of Carbs, 22 grams of protein, and 115 calories; perfect in my opinion if you are cutting or on a caloric restricted diet. Total Body Protein (TBP) has a number of different proteins, from Ultra Filtered whey concentrate to egg protein. Considering the whey TBP is formulated, your body is going to consuming the whey protein faster and the Casein and Egg protein slower; this process is what makes this a meal replacement.

Taste - I received the Strawberry flavor, which was not bad, the dye in it was a little on the heavy side, but it did not stain my shaker cup. It was good tasting, no chemical after taste.

Mix - I used different liquids to mix and I found that it mixed better with milk or almond milk. When mixed in water, it would foam up a little.

Dosing - I used this primary as part of my breakfast regiment; I took 1 serving upon waking up.

As we all know, protein is one of those supplements that could be hard to gauge; however, since I ran this in the am, my goal was to see how long it would keep me full and help with recovery from any workouts done the night before. I was pleased TBP as a meal replacement, I have a strong appetite and TBP held me up for at least 3 to 4 hours; I noticed when I did take it with milk, I was fuller longer. I normally eat between 6 to 7 times a days, and having TBP in the morning was very helpfully on the wallet.

In regards to recovery, on days I was able to work out in the evenings, despite taking a whey isolate after my workout, I still felt that TBP help minimize any DOMS. On a couple of occasions, I would take a serving during the day, especially after crazy leg work out, I noticed I was able to walk straight, not like a penguin from the DOMS kicking in.

On TBN's website is listed at 35.00 a tub. This is not a bad value, when you take into consideration you get 30 servings and if you are using it for breakfast, it cheaper and healthier than getting a number #1 at McDonalds or as I call it "McEye Balls", since they use Cow Eye Balls as filers for their meats.

Side Effects

There were no sides to speak of, no stomach issues.

Conclusion

I enjoyed running TBP, for a multiple blend protein, it is comparable to others in the market and at the same price point. This is one I would recommend for anyone looking to reduce their caloric intake, while keeping as much as their gains as possible; TBP is a meal replacement that will not break your wallet. I would like to thank TBN again for the opportunity.

August 28, 2017

• Foams Up

Big shoutout to Total Body Nutrition for sending me their Total Body protein to review! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a good shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength. During my usage this was my only protein powder I was using.

This products contains 115 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbs, 4 grams of sugar and 22 grams of protein. The protein is a complex made up of 7 different types of proteins. Those are Ultra filtered whey concentrate, micro filtered whey isolate, whey isolate peptide fractions, calcium caseinate, micellar alpha and beta caseinates, milk protein isolate, egg albumin. Those proteins all breakdown at different times from short to long. That makes it an extended release protein that gives you a solid long lasting flow of protein.

The taste is phenomenal. I received the cinnamon ice cream flavor. The flavor taste exactly like a vanilla ice cream that's had cinnamon poured in and stirred in. I was very impressed with it. It was a treat everytime I drank it. They offer 10 total flavors that all sound very interesting and good. I'd be willing to try them all. The mixability was my one issue with this protein. I used a shaker bottle and 12 ounces of milk almost everytime. Everytime I shook it up it got extremely foamy. I tried less milk and more but it was just the same. I found that I needed to shake it up about an hour before I wanted to drink it and let it sit in the fridge and settle. Even doing that it didn't completely remove the foam but it made it much better. There was no residue or clumps leftover just foam. The dosing seemed just right at 30 grams per one scoop. There are 30 servings per 2 pound container.

I was very happy with the effectiveness of this supplement. I always drank this at night before I went to sleep due to it being fast and slow release protein. I definitely gained muscle during my usage. I didn't notice any big increases of strength. I stayed fairly lean and didn't notice any fat gain. I woke up each morning feeling full and not as hungry as I would without a shake, which was awesome if I couldn't get to breakfast right away. This shake is perfect for people trying to build muscle and looking for sustained protein intake throughout the day.

I found this product at 35 dollars on their website for a 2 pound tub. At 30 servings this breaks down to about 1.16 per serving. For the results I got and the enjoyable taste I think 1.16 a serving is great.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects while using this product.

Conclusion

Well to conclude this I'll say I was very happy with this product overall. I can definitely see myself trying this again in the future. It delivered the results it said it would on the label. I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a new protein supplement. Hopefully if you try it you'll have as good experience just like I did. Once again very big thank you to Total Body Nutrition!
  • Cinnamon Ice Cream: 9/10