Total Body Protein Reviews

By: TBN Labs

Protein > Whey Protein
Total Body Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by TBN Labs. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

February 5, 2019

• Tub Near Expiration Date
  • Cheap Fillers
  • Crazy Mixing Time Expectations

From the brand:

TOTAL BODY protein is an advance formula of protein that assists in building lean muscle, muscle definition and weight management. It is a Gluten Free, Grass Fed Whey Matrix containing seven different important protein components to help nourish your muscle for up to 8 hours. TOTAL BODY protein shake has better absorption and all the Amino Acids to help your daily nutritional needs.

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

Thank you to TBN Labs for being a part of SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to run and review many of the products that the company produces. Today I am going to speak about their Total Body Protein product. This is an extended release/protein blend product that is supposed to keep muscle protein synthesis (MPS) elevated for multiple hours with the varied release of amino acids into your body. This is also the first product that I have used from TBN Labs and I'm excited to try them out.

As a side note, the tub I received was only about two months away from its listed expiration date and there was no manufacture date printed. From past experience, I have seen the difference between the manufacture date and expiration date on protein powders at one to two years. Not really sure how "old" the tub I received is and how TBN Labs does its manufacturing. I'm not someone who worries too much about the expiration dates printed on supplements or food products, as long as it still smells and tastes ok. But if you are someone who won't touch a product after it passes the printed expiration date, be aware when purchasing a tub of this as you may need to use it quickly.

Each 30 gram scoop will provide you with the following macros:

Total Carbohydrate - 5 Grams
Dietary Fiber - 1 Gram
Sugars - 4 Grams
Protein - 22 Grams

The protein blend is made up of whey protein concentrate (WPC), whey protein isolate (WPI), Calcium Caseinate, Micellar Alpha & Beta Caseins and Caseinates, Milk Protein Isolate (MPI), Egg Albumin and Glutamine Peptides. Personally, I would like a little more disclosure when it comes to the proteins for this product such as the grade of WPC being used. Is it a WPC-80 or WPC-34? The WPI should at least be a 90% grade, so no issues there. I am also not a big fan of Caseinate protein products because they are lower quality in my opinion. I would much rather have just Micellar Casein instead of the different Caseinates included in this product. The Egg Albumin is the medium digesting protein in this product, which bridges the gap between the faster digesting whey proteins and the slower digesting casein proteins. Finally we have the Glutamine Peptides listed last in the "grass-fed whey matrix". This is definitely an ingredient I do not want to see listed in a protein powder after the industry went through the whole amino spiking incident some years back. In short, companies were including lower cost amino acids like glutamine, taurine, glycine and/or creatine to fool nitrogen testing for the amount of protein that each scoop of the product included. Is TBN Labs doing that with the Glutamine Peptides in this product? I don't know which is why I would like to see some more disclosure on this product. If I was a person who was extremely meticulous on counting macros, I may count each scoop as only having 20 or 21 grams of protein versus the 22 grams listed.

The remaining ingredients are the fillers to help with sweetness, mixability, mouthfeel and flavoring. I am not thrilled to see two cheap ingredients located just after the protein blend (maltodextrin and dextrose). I assume those are used as part of the sweetness aspect of this protein along with Stevia because there are none of the common artificial sweeteners included such as Ace-K or sucralose.

The last piece of this section I will touch on is the inclusion of digestive enzymes (Aminogen and Papain). "Aminogen is a revolutionary technology designed to improve protein digestion and increase amino acid levels absorbed from dietary protein. Clinical research has shown Aminogen to increase BCAA retention levels by 250%, nitrogen levels in muscle by 32% and overall amino acid plasma levels by 100%. Researchers also found all amino acids, essential & conditionally essential, including branched chain amino acids, are released in greater amounts when protein is digested with Aminogen. What's more, Aminogen is 100% natural and ideal for anyone looking to build quality muscle or achieve lean body definition." "Papain is a proteolytic enzyme extracted from the raw fruit of the papaya plant. Proteolytic enzymes help break proteins down into smaller protein fragments called peptides and amino acids." (https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/papain)

Taste >> I received the Coconut Cream flavor and really enjoyed it. Nothing was overpowering in this flavor system and it is something I could drink daily for a long period of time. No complaints here and the flavor mixed nicely with other food ingredients that I used when making a smoothie (such as fruits, greens and cacao powder). This protein is also available in nine other flavors, so there is likely something for everyone with Total Body protein.

Mixability >> No issues here with this product for me. I either used a blender bottle or a Ninja blender when mixing a scoop in water. Sometimes I would have the blender ball inside, sometimes not. For the most part, the blender ball did not make a difference in the outcome of the product. The shake may have come out slightly smoother with the blender ball included but hardly a noticeable difference in my opinion. No huge chunks were ever left in the cup after shaking and it was always smooth going down. As you may expect when using the Ninja, everything was smooth no matter what else I added to the smoothie. The directions on the label mention shaking or blending for two to five minutes, but I think that is overkill and highly doubt anyone would need that long (or would be able to shake a bottle for upwards of five continuous minutes).

Dosing >> As with most protein powders/meal replacement products, the dosing is left up to the individual and how this product will best fit with their lifestyle. Since it is low fat, consuming post workout is an option along with basically any time of day. The label references using before and after workouts and/or before bedtime to "help nourish and replenish muscles during sleep." All of my servings were taken at night because that is when I eat all of my food for the day.

As with dosing, the effectiveness of a protein/meal replacement product can only be determined by the individual using it. If the food you typically eat does not contain a lot of protein, this product will be effective at increasing your intake. Or if you are a person who has trouble consuming enough whole food to meet your goals, this product will be effective at allowing you to quickly consume some protein and calories without using up too much volume in your stomach.

Since I eat all of my food at night, this was typically used to help fill in my protein goal for the day, either as a shake or smoothie alongside my whole food meal. With each scoop being ~73% protein by weight, this was effective at increasing my protein intake without having to worry too much about consuming unwanted fats or carbs. This is not the absolute cleanest protein on the market but nothing is outrageous when it comes to the macro breakdown and effectiveness provided. I did not notice any specific effect when it comes to feeling fuller longer because of the extended release protein, but that is probably because I eat so much food along with this supplement in the evening. If you are a person who eats more of their food earlier in the day, this may help satiate you for longer when compared to a supplement that only has the faster digesting whey protein.

In terms of digestibility, I have no complaints here for this product. Whether taken on an empty stomach or while eating other foods; there were no instances of upset stomach, bloating or discomfort from consuming one or two scoops of this at a time. I typically don't have any issue with products like this, even if they don't include the digestive enzymes. With the inclusion of two enzymes in this supplement, that helps lower the risk of negative side effects even more for those who may have an issue.

It looks like the main place you can purchase this protein supplement is from the TBN Labs website (https://tbnlabs.com/product/total-body-protein/). Amazon has some of their products but it looks like the selection is much smaller than buying directly from them. All ten flavors come in either a two pound or five pound tub. The two pound tubs contain 30 servings for $34.75 (plus around $13.50 for shipping). The five pound tubs contain about 75 servings if my math is correct for a price of $64.75 (plus around $16.25 for shipping). There might be discount codes out there on social media to help lower these costs a little. Their Instagram page also says there is a 100% money back guarantee.

Side Effects

None personally experienced. As with any supplement, discuss with your physician before taking if you have a medical condition or are taking any prescription medications. Stop use and discuss with your physician if any negative effects occur. Do not exceed suggested dose.

Conclusion

In the end, my first experience with a TBN Labs product was mostly positive. I have a few issues with some of the ingredients included along with a slight concern about how close the expiration date was on the tub I received. The limited availability of this supplement also hurts the brand slightly and does not provide much exposure to those who are unfamiliar with this company. Standard retail price when you factor in shipping costs also took off a few points from this review. On the other hand; the macros, taste, mixability and effectiveness lived up to what I expect from milk based protein powders in today's supplement market. No side effects are also a big positive for me, especially with the various protein sources that we don't have much disclosure on. If you are a fan of extended release/protein blend powders or are looking to try something different from your whey only supplements, Total Body Protein is worth some research.

Once again, thank you to TBN Labs for being a part of SR.com and sending this product out to me. With a few changes, this supplement could become fantastic and compete with the big name brands in the market.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.
  • Coconut Cream : 8/10

December 16, 2018

• Helps With Recovery

Hi SR and TBN thank you for the opportunity to enjoy a really delicious protein that is also Gluten free and Grass Fed. I tried this Total Body in a many different ways once I found how easy it was to mix into hot and cold food and beverages.

The Grass fed Way Matrix is very long but here are some of its components: Ultra Filtered Whey Concentrate, Micro Filtered Whey Isolate, Micellar Alpha and Beta Caseins and Milk Protein isolate. They Also included some MCT in powdered form.

Total Body protein gives you 115 calories per serving/scoop. You get 1.5g of fat, 5g of carbs and 22g of protein. This is a pretty well rounded profile, one more thing that I would like to mention is that chose to sweeten Total Body with Stevia instead of any unnatural sweeteners thus keeping TB on the more Natural side of protein supplements.

Taste: I requested and received the Cookies and Cream flavors and Taste wise it is very delicious and creamy even when mixed with water. Now does this taste like actual cookies and cream? I think it tasted more like a cream with a hint of cookies, not a bad thing as I was able to add this into my cream of rice, oatmeal, coffee, shakes or even drink it solo without concerning myself if cookies and cream goes well with berries or banana or any other fruit.

As I mentioned I mixed this into a few items that are consumed hot: Cream of Rice, Oatmeal and Coffee. This mixed in flawlessly into these hot items, never clumped up or got gritty like other proteins. My favorite was was mixed in coffee as I was able to create this smooth, super tasty protein coffee.

Dosing is pretty much however you would like. some days I chose to take my serving as a desert shake/smoothie before bed or with coffee as a pre-workout (1hr before). Pretty much anytime you are hungry or in the need to add protein to your Daily Macros.

Probably the hardest section is to look out for the effectiveness of protein. Well I judged it by the following:

Did it make me gassy or bloated?
    I never noticed any stomach discomfort, I actually felt clean and energized. Other proteins (on the cheaper side) usually give me bad gas.

Did it satisfy a craving or Sweet Tooth?
    This was probably the one that I appreciate the most, I really enjoyed making myself smoothies with Total Body, I think it rendered itself perfectly to being blended with ice and fruit. Totally helped with cravings and help keep me satiated.

Did it help reduce DOMS?
    I noticed that I wasn't as sore, even though I was incorporating Gym workouts and At home workouts that increased the volume of what I am normally used to, I seemed to recover and not suffer from intense DOMS. I do attribute this to the quality of the matrix that TBN added into Total Body.

Did it help hit macros?
    100% did help, I used it on many occasions to reach my goals and keep myself under calorie control.

This is a product that is not yet available everywhere, I was only able to find it on TBN's website for 34.74 for a 2lb tub. This makes a serving come out to about $1.15, honestly I think this is quite fair for a good quality protein that is versatile and tasty.

Side Effects

Conclusion

TBN has a winner with Total Body. I would and will be recommending this product not just on this site but to anyone who ever asks me about a good quality protein.

Thanks Again TBN!
    • Cookies & Cream: 8/10

November 13, 2018

• Helps With Recovery

Good Protein for a pretty good price! Shocked me from the start

Let me start off by thanking SR and TBN labs for making this review possible. This protein makes it easy to get that quick protein in and fuel me up for the rest of my workouts! So with that being said....

Low carb, Low cat and calories but decent amount of protein!

Calories from fat 14
    Total fat 7
    Sodium 35
    Potassium 110
    Carbs 5 g
    Sugar 4 g
    Protein 22 g

This product uses stevia as their sweetener... Also provided 22g of protein which includes Filtered whey protein, Filtered Whey concentrate, filtered whey isolate, egg albunim and casein. TBP derives this protein from ultra filtered whey concentrate, micro filtered whey isolate, egg albumin, and casein. The great thing about using all these different types of proteins is that you are constantly digesting it as it has casein which we all know is a slow digestive protein! The sources are gluten free and grass-fed.

Chocolate is the flavor I had and to be honest, I was expecting something that was gonna taste horrible. But I actually had quiet the opposite experience from this protein. It tastes extremely good and the mixability of this was perfect. I did experience some grittyness to it but no major clumps. I used a blender and almond milk. Just one scoop with about 8-10oz of almond milk and it hit the spot both pre and post workout! Sometimes I would take it in the morning if I wanted something quick and easy.

Recovery played a huge role when taking TBN... Little to no soreness and I was up and ready to kill that body part again! It also provided me with some great natural energy throughout the whole day. I thank the BCAAs found in this for helping me out on that part. This did help me stay full for a good amount of time which helps prevent random snacking throughout the day.

$34.75 for 30 servings which comes out to $1.17 which in my eyes is not bad for the quality of protein you are getting. Clean ingredients which is a plus. I feel like you usually find products like these in their $50s.

Side Effects

Some GI issues but other than that nothing crazy.

Conclusion

If you are looking for a clean protein that has little to no side effects and unecessary fillers. give this a shot! Might surprise you like it did me! Taste was spot on, if it did not give me back GI I would of loved to take this all the time.
    • Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream: 9/10

September 19, 2018

• Foams Up

Quick thank you to SR Troops and TBN labs for allowing me to review this product. I'm always on the lookout for great protein supplements, and I was interested in this product because of TBN's reputation for quality ingredients and products.

115 Calories
    1.5g of Fat
    5g of Carbs
    22g of Protein

Total Body Protein contains an excellent blend of whey, casein, and egg proteins with very little fillers and additives. The protein ingredients are a part of what TBN refer to as their "grass fed whey matrix". It is generally accepted that grass fed cows produce beef and milk that are higher in nutrients. Kudos to TBN for going the extra step and trying to include a higher quality of ingredients in their product.

Taste: 6/10
    I requested and received the Graham Cracker flavor. Personally, I've consumed enough chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry flavored protein powders to last me a lifetime. Now I prefer to experiment with more exotic and unique flavors. The graham cracker flavor was part of the reason I wanted to try this product, however, it failed to reach my expectations. That's not to say that the taste was bad; it just wasn't as strong as I would have liked. The flavor was very light, to the point of being sort of bland. I experimented with mixing this product with both milk and water, and found that the milk somewhat overpowered the flavor. I would like to see the flavor strengthened, and maybe even sweetened a little more.

Mixability:
    No issues with mixability. Honestly this was one of the finest protein powders I have used to this date. There was a small amount of foaming, but not enough for it to matter.

Dosing:
    One scoop in 8oz of milk or water. I used this product once a day, varying between just after waking and just before bed.

Protein is protein. No matter the source, as long as you area taking in the right amount daily, you will see results. What sets protein powders apart from each other in this regard is the additional benefits depending on other ingredients or protein types. This product is very light on the stomach, comparable to other products such as VMI's Protolyte. What this means is I could take this in the mornings before work or a work out without feeling bloated, sluggish, or over full. The product also digested very wellTotal Body Protein uses a blended protein containing both fast and slow digesting protein types. The benefit to have slower digesting protein is to keep you feeling satiated over a longer period of time, and TBN definitely delivered. When using this product before bed, I found myself waking the next morning without feeling hungry or craving food. Some days I was even able to fast until noon without feeling hungry. I also noticed a difference in my recovery from fatigue and DOMS while using this product. While it did not completely wipe out my soreness, I did feel much more refreshed from day to day, even after grueling two hour workouts.

About $35 for 30 servings. While this is a little pricier than some, I have paid higher prices per serving for protein products that I have liked much less. I don't mind paying a few extra dollars for quality ingredients and a quality product.

Side Effects

No negative side effects experienced throughout the use of this product.

Conclusion

Total Body Protein is an excellent product and fairly priced. I definitely look forward to trying more of their products in the future.
    • Graham Cracker: 6/10

6.4
      September 17, 2018

• Could Be A Little Cheaper

What's up guys here for another review of Total Body Protein by TBN labs. This is a protein with claims of muscle recovery, having extended release protein, maintaining weight, and gaining lean muscle. For whatever your goal is this protein will give you the necessary supplementation to reach any gains you set your mind to.

Carbs: 5g
    sugars: 4g
    fiber: 1 g
    protein: 22g
    Normally I would like a protein that has at least 24-26grams of protein per serving. Fortunately I think this company does a nice job in the production of this product. Protein is meant to help build muscle, recover your muscles after a workout and hopefully help you maintain weight and gain muscle. The company states that their product has extended release protein and with this type of potential the extended release protein can work long into your work day. Fueling your body with protein throughout the day is especially important. Studies done show that throughout the day your body needs extra protein as we work, play or do whatever. Since this is a whey protein and not isolate taking multiple servings of this will definitely help you throughout the day to maintain the protein levels you need to boost you to the next workout.

I really enjoyed the taste of this product. I specifically asked for chocolate flavor because I never stray from what I like. Overall this tasted great and mixed very well in water or milk. I never had any clumping with this powder. For dosing the scoop was fairly large like a normal protein scoop. One scoop of this product was equal to 30 g of protein.

During the course of taking this protein I was doing a new workout based on hypertrophy. I needed a protein that gave me a recovery rate and the protein that would allow me to lift every lift with intensity and without too much soreness. I decided to aim to take a shake before and after my workout. I think that many of you already do this or aim to do this but I was never a fan because I needed more substance during my day. Well I think it worked really well for me. I felt that this protein supplement had a decent amount of protein that allowed me to get to the 180-200 grams per day. One thing that I think it definitely helped with was weight management. Due to my healthcare job I felt that I was skipping cardio and just getting hard lifts in, which is not necessarily bad, but for me I need cardio to maintain or lose weight (in addition to diet). With a lack of cardio I was still able to lose about 5 lbs while taking this protein. I am not entirely convinced that this supplement was the reason, but it is something that I could not just ignore in this section. This company claims that the protein in this supplement can help for up tp 8 hours after taking and I am convinced that it was efficient in supplying my working muscles with the protein during times after workout out. I did get some lean muscle gain in my pecs and shoulders while on this product with my workouts. I would suggest in getting on this supplement long term as I think there could be more benefits than what I had.

On the TBN website the 2lb tub (what I received) is $34.75 for 30 servings. On amazon.com there was no 2lb option but for the 5 lb option you can get this protein for $64.75. That is a pretty hefty price for a 5lb tub in my opinion. If you willing to spend the extra money this protein may be an option for you. This product is not widely available which is one of the downfalls.

Side Effects

no side effects. No after taste.

Conclusion

Overall this is a solid protein that can aid in your protein intake throughout the day. I felt take 2 servings is the way to go since 22g is on the lower end of protein content. This is a whey protein not isolate so taking is throughout the day is also an option. This supplement is a littlie pricey for the 5lb tub so make sure you are doing your research and this exactly what you want. Still a good option for your protein supplementation.
    • Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream: 8/10

July 29, 2018

• Could Be A Little Cheaper

Nice protein powder that does its job.

Thank you to the people at TBN Labs for letting me review your protein. I am always on the lookout for a solid protein powder at a good price. I know TBN makes a great product so this was an easy choice.

The nutrition is solid for me. This is a low-calorie, carb, and sugar protein powder with protein amount good. It also has vitamins that are found in most multivitamins giving it added benefits. The product is gluten-free.

Calories from fat 14
    Total fat 7
    Sodium 35
    Potassium 110
    Carbs 5 g
    Sugar 4 g
    Protein 22 g

The Total Body Protein has other products that you may not find in some protein powders. It has what they call a "grass-fed whey matrix" which is composed of micro filtered whey protein isolate, whey concentrate, whey isolate peptides, calcium caseinate, micellar alpha and beta caseinate, milk protein isolate, egg albumin, MCT powdered, and non-fat dry milk. Whey isolates is a pure amount of protein and have less or no lactose with a low amount of fat. Whey concentrate is the most used protein powder and has low amounts of fat and carbs. Whey isolates peptides is a string of amino acids that help the body recover. Casein is found in the curd of milk and slowly absorbed by the body. Egg albumin is the outside part of the egg which is the white part and the yoke removed. Milk protein isolate is like whole milk as it has 2 types of protein. MCT is medium chain triglycerides that can help add weight to the body and hopefully increase muscle mass. The ingredients in Total Body Protein are great, so I give it a high-ranking.

I was able to get this in dutch chocolate ice cream. The taste was OK but not the normal chocolate taste I'm used to. I did use it with water which was easier to mix. If mixed with almond milk, I got a very thick shake, so I always had to add some water to it. The mixability was not a big issue as long as you used plenty of liquids. The dosing is to take one scoop after a workout but I typically average 1.5 scoops after a workout and it was no problem. The taste, mixability, and dosing were not an issue. I give this a good rating.

The only downfall I found with this was the claims on the tub. It claims to promote rapid recovery, revive lean muscle, increase definition, low-fat scale, extended release protein, promotes muscle growth, increases strength, and low carb and sugar. The downfall I find with these claims is that this is something that comes with protein over time. When it comes to things like increasing definition, increasing strength, and promoting muscle growth, you will not see these results as fast as 30 servings provided by the Total Body Protein. It takes time to get "fast and great" results. If you continue on with a good diet, a nice workout, and time, you can get those benefits. What I did find was, it promotes rapid recovery and had the extended release protein for me to get through a day and a place to start the next morning. The effectiveness was nice and it is a protein powder with extras. I give it a good rating.

I was only able to find this on the TBN website. A 2 lb tub is 30 servings and the cost was $35 which is $1.67 per serving. I usually keep my protein powders around $1.25 per serving. This is a protein that is on the higher end of my normal price but it does contain several forms of protein so this is not a bad price. I give this a fair rating for value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a nice protein powder. The ingredients were fantastic. The carbs, sugar, and calories were low. The Total Body Protein was effective. The price is not too high. I think this is a solid protein powder with more ingredients than you normal protein powder. The added extras are worth the cost so it is something I would buy again.
    • Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream: 6/10

July 29, 2018

• Foams Up

Total Body Protein is an excellent protein supplement that's both great tasting and provide the support in the areas your body needs to make those sweet gains.

A special thanks to TBN labs for their continued participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their protein supplement Total Body Protein, which will be referred to as TBP for this review. We all need our protein both for good general health and of course support in all our fitness goals whether it's building muscle, losing fat, etc. There are more protein supplements on today's market than one can count. I decided to give TBP a go considering my positive experiences with TBN in general and their protein supplements in particular such a Total Go and Total Mass.

Each serving provides 115 calories, 4g of sugar, 5g of carbs, and 1.5g of total fat. I like how both the carb and sugar content are both low as is the fat content. Also, the product is sweetened with stevia.

Providing 22g of protein, TBP derives this protein from ultra filtered whey concentrate, micro filtered whey isolate, egg albumin, and casein. With all these sources of protein, TBP provides the advantage of varying sustained release proteins and bioavailability to help continuously feed your muscles and body as a whole. The sources are gluten free and grass-fed derived.

The protein also provides a source of both essential and nonessential amino acids, glutamine peptides, and medium chain triglycerides for added anabolic recovery support.

Lastly, there is a fiber matrix to help with digestion and GI health.

I received the banana ice cream flavor and liked it a lot. It was sweet, but not too sweet and really did have a pleasant banana flavor. It truly tasted like a legit banana milkshake when mixed with milk.

In terms of thoroughness, the mixability was not a problem as I had no globs or clumps to deal with. However, at times it did foam up a bit especially in a shaker bottle.

On both training and non-training days I stuck to taking one serving mixed with either water or milk in the morning a little after breakfast. I figured morning would be best since I wanted to take advantage of the sustained release protein to keep me full and supported throughout the day leading up to my workouts.

The one thing I enjoyed most was how TBP improved my recovery. The supplementation of the amino acids, MCTs, and variable protein sources helped keep DOMS and post workout lag to a significant minimum. I was able to go through the days and into my workouts with more natural energy and less previous workout induced soreness. This allowed to keep pushing equally hard through my training sessions.

I also had a greater feeling of satiety and I found myself experiencing less frequent hunger pangs during the day. This is highly essential to me since when you work in healthcare, time alloted to eat anything can be scarce.

Lastly, I had improved GI function as I had no problems with gas and my regularity was continuously normal without problems.

TBP is not widely available. For a 2 lbs tub the going price on TBN's own website is about 35 dollars. At first glance that does seem a little price. Nevertheless, considering the high quality and extras you get from Total Body Protein, I'd say that this is still a fair price and good value. There is a 5 lbs tub size available that gives 75 servings, but not surprisingly that for around 65 dollars. I guess depending on how many servings you use a day, that may seem like a more efficient value if you're a "one serving a day" guy like me. In contrast, if you use additional servings, the price can add up. As I always recommend, capitalize on sales and deals when available.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Total Body Protein is a great option among protein supplements that will aid recovery, support GI function, improve natural energy, and help keep you full and focused. The quality, protein sources, and extras are all favorable for anyone regardless of specific fitness goals and is bound to help in all areas. Just be sure to catch it on sale when possible.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!
    • Banana Ice Cream: 8/10

July 11, 2018

• Could Be A Little Cheaper

Very standard protein for a pretty standard price.

Let me start off by thanking SR and TBN labs for making this review possible. During 'hard work' season I look to get as many easily accessible protein sources as possible into my diet. Protein powder is the easiest way for me to get a quick 20-40g of protein on the go. let's dive right in.

1 serving
    115 calories
    1.5g fat
    1g fiber
    5g carbs
    22g protein

This protein is a gluten-free, grass-fed whey matrix containing seven different protein components to help nourish your muscles for up to 8 hours. It's a blend of some isolates like casein, milk, and egg. The macros are very versatile and should be able to fit into anyone's nutrition plan. I like the label overall. It looks a bit more quality than your run of the mill protein powder.

Taste: Dutch Chocolate Ice cream was good but not great. I have to put a disclaimer here that I'm not a huge chocolate fan in general so others that really enjoy that chocolatey taste will probably enjoy this more.

Mixibility: No problems at all, easy mixing even at two servings

Dosage: Dosing depends on the individuals needs, but I took 2 servings immediately post workout to help me meet my daily protein needs.

1.) Was this helpful in building muscle? I think it absolutely was! I was able to get a quality source of protein immediately post workout to refuel/rebuild my muscle and I felt confident enough in the ingredients that it would work as advertised.

2.) Digestion? I had zero intestinal issues while using this product. I never felt sick or bloated after taking this supplement.

3.) Convenience? As with most powders, this was very easy to transport and use while on the go.

4.) Recovery? I felt like the product impacted my body's recovery in a positive way, but it wasn't anything drastic. My DOMs felt pretty much the same, however, I woke up feeling a little more refreshed.

Overall, this was as effective as any other protein powder has been for me. I never felt bloated or uncomfortable and thats a big deal for me when using a protein supplement. You never want to feel bad after taking a supplement.

On the manufacturer's site, you can get this for $34.75 for 30 servings. This comes out to roughly $1.17 per serving. That's not bad by any means for this quality of protein, but I of course, wish it could get under that $1 per serving mark.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Pretty good all around protein for a reasonable price!

September 16, 2017

• Foams Up

I want to thank Total Body Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to review Total Body Protein. Protein powder is the main staple in my supplement stack and I'm always on the look out for something new. I go through protein powder fairly fast as I also use it to bake/cook with to help meet my macros. During the duration of this review I was training 5-6 days a week 2x a day.

The ingredient profile features a fully transparent label with 30g per serving size. Each serving has 115 calories with 14 calories from fat. Other notables include: 1.5g Total Fat, 5g Carbohydrates, 4g Sugar and 22g of gluten free, grass fed whey protein matrix: containing 7 different protein components (Whey Isolate Peptide, Concentrate, Casein, and Egg Albumin). With the different protein sources there are different digestion rates ranging from slower to faster.

There are added MCTs "Medium Chain Triglycerides" that is used as an energy source. Think of this as a carbohydrate. Another addition is the Fiber Matrix with helps with gastrointestinal health.

Taste - I received the Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream flavor which is one of ten or so flavors currently available. The taste wasn't bad, you could tell there was stevia used but overall I give it a 7/10.

Mixability - I didn't have any issues with mixability other than having some foam build up. I can deal with that over clumping or settlement. When I made shakes I only used water and found 6-8 oz to be my sweet spot.

Dosing - Really no dosing protocol for protein powder..... i usually had a 1 shake after both training sessions. On occasion I made pro-oats, mixed in yogurt and oatmeal or made protein muffins.

Protein powder is one of the hardest supplements to determine effectiveness. However there were some things to note: Overall I had no issues with digestion or bloating sometimes I do have issues with milk protein supplements. Another factor was the easiness I could fill up my protein macros. There was a variety of ways to accomplish that whether it was making a shake or baking. Recovery following training was increased a little. I noticed a reduction in DOMs and soreness days after training.

The cheapest value I could find was on the TBN Labs website for around $35. Each 2lbs tub contains 30 servings so your looking at a price of around $1.17 per serving. I have no problem with this price as your paying for a high quality protein powder.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I enjoyed my experience using Total Body Protein. I believe this is best used in the morning or night based on the different digestion rate of the protein matrix. I'd like to see them expand in the market rather than just having one website to find them. The price may seem a little high for some people but I believe its worth it with the quality ingredients.
    • Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream: 7/10

September 5, 2017

• Foams Up

TBN Labs is a new company on the block. It's surprising to see such a small company start off with such a wide array of products. Not a bad thing at all, just something I noticed.

I am here to review their protein powder Total Body Protein.

The label is fully disclosed, which is a plus. The macros, while are higher than some other brands, are not bad as far as your basic protein blends go. 5 carbs, isn't anything your body can't handle on a cut, and if you're trying to gain, you could easily fit this in. You get 22 grams of protein per scoop, which is decent, and also 1.5 grams of fat.

You get a blend of some isolates, some casein, milk, and egg. While I am not big on the whole timing of protein, this should take a while to be completely digested, and should be very versatile as opposed to a whey isolate or a casein product.

I had the coconut cream flavor, it actually was pretty enjoyable. While nowhere near the best tasting protein I have ever had, having something other than a your basic chocolate, CNC, or (god forbid) vanilla. I could see some people not liking it however, so if you don't like living dangerously, don't go with coconut.

As for the mixability, it does foam up quite heavily when shaken. It was foamy, however, according to Momo1, it mixes much better in almond milk than it does water. There was always a lot of foam at the bottom, which I had to dump out.

One thing I did like, the powder is extremely fine. One of the finest powders I have ever seen. Think of a pre-workout that you shake up and the powder starts to spew out like smoke... yeah like that.

Well, it is a protein powder, so of course it "worked". I typically used this either on my way to work(1.5 hour drive), or right before bed to hit my daily protein requirements. I mixed this in with my greens powder quite often as well, and the coconut flavor overpowered the greens. I am no hater of green powders flavors, but the combination of greens and coconut was quite enjoyable.

I experienced no indigestion issues at all, which is good. It was also very effective at holding me over between meals. Even without any fiber, I was still able to get through the day feeling satiated.

Pretty standard all around, except for the foaminess. It was not a deal breaker for me, but I could totally see some people hating this.

You can find this for around $35 for 30 servings. That isn't bad by any means. They are not widely available yet, however, I don't see the price going down if TBN ever decides sell this through etailers like a1supplements or the like.

Side Effects

Conclusion

TBN is a new company trying to hit it big. Total Body Protein, while nothing amazing, was fairly enjoyable due to the coconut flavoring. While it does tend to foam up too much, I wouldn't mind using it again. The price isn't too bad, and if someone asked me if they should go ahead and purchase this, I wouldn't say no.