Ranks #74 (better than 47%)
In: Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Total BCAA 12000 is a BCAA manufactured by TBN Labs. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

September 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduces DOMS
  • Reduces Recovery Time
  • Flavor Picks
  • High Dose Leucine

Another special thanks to TBN Labs for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their BCAAs product Total BCAA 12,000. As I've explained in nearly all of my reviews for BCAAs products, recovery is the mainstay of making gains when sticking to the concept of gains occurring outside of the gym. On top of that, we need to recover from previous workouts in order to continuously pound away at the iron the following days in order to keep the gains coming. Of course, we must recover from those as well. BCAAs are great for helping to kickstart anabolism by supporting repair and growth. Leucine is especially vital because of its direct role in the mTor pathway of building muscle.

The profile contains 12g of protein. These 12g are constructed from the 12g of BCAAs contained in Total BCAAs 12,000 within a 8:2:2 ratio.

The BCAAs content consists of a hefty 8,000mg of Leucine, 2,000mg of Valine, and 2,000mg of Iso-leucine. The unique thing I like about this profile is that most BCAAs will only contain a mere 2:1:1 ratio, leaving much to desire in terms of the amount of bcaas you'd prefer. Furthermore, the large dose of leucine is highly favorable because of leucine's direct role in the vital pathway of muscle anabolism.

More specifically, leucine activates what is known as the mtor pathway as I mentioned in the intro. This pathway is active in all vital tissue as it mediates the growth and proliferation of cell construction. It would take forever to explain every detail, but I think you get the idea.

Also, leucine reduces the functioning of myostatin, allowing for more muscle growth potential.

I got the cafe mocha flavor and enjoyed a lot. It had a pleasant distinct flavor exactly like your typical coffee specialty beverage. There was no aftertaste or unnecessary chemical aroma with this flavor.

The mixability was fine as it mixed thoroughly in water without any undissolved grit or any other problems.

I dosed this post workout by combining one scoop with some water and drinking it followed by some additional protein about 15 minutes later.

TBN labs makes some various claims about the products benefits including fat loss, lean muscle growth, and sugar modulation. Well truthfully, I was interested in one thing....recovery so that is what I will base my judgement for effectiveness on.

With the help of the hefty leucine dosage and the other BCAAs valine and iso-leucine, my recovery was improved to a very notable degree. Any muscle DOMS, lethargy, or muscle exhaustion I would typically have following intensive training sessions in every consecutive day was reduced to nearly zero. Even during my heavy compound movement focused workouts where I incorporate both high intensity and high volume-under-speed intervals, I was recovering better than ever and I was constantly ready and more energetic to hit the next workout as the week progressed.

My intra-workout endurance seemed a little better as well, but I would accredit this mostly to my pre-workout. Though, many times I do experience better endurance with BCAAs.

Total BCAAs is not widely available and currently only sold on TBN labs website at 38 dollars. As others have indicated, that is about 1.25 a serving. This isn't the most expensive product of its kind and I think it is not too bad an investment given its effectiveness. Still, if you are a frequent user of BCAAs and depending on how often you dose, the price tag can add up. So, not the worst value, but not the cheapest either.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Total BCAAs 12,000 is a great BCAAs with a bit of a steep price tag. It will dramatically help with recovery and depending on your training and diet, it has the potential to help in other areas as well. Just be sure to try and catch it on sale and of course, don't forget to keep your training and diet in check.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!!
  • Cafe Mocha: 8/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

September 8, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduces DOMS

Hello everyone! Big shoutout to TBN Labs for sending me their BCAA product to review. I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle/ strength.

This is a very simple and straight forward label. There is 0 calories per serving, 0 fat, and it states 12 grams of protein which I am not sure what ingredient that comes from. My only thought on that is it comes from what protein supplements call "amino spiking". But seeing as this is an amino supplement I don't think it negatively effects this product. Just don't get caught up considering this a protein supplement because it is not. The only other thing on he label is a proprietary blend called BCAA. That blend is 12,000mg and consists of L-Leucine at 8,000mg, L-Isoleucine at 2,000mg, and L-Valine also at 2,000mg. The dose they use for the L-Leucine is way higher than I've seen any other brand use. I am not sure why this ingredient is super dosed but I don't consider it bad. If it would make the product cheaper to cut that dose in half though I would definitely be all for that.

The flavor I received is Natural Apple and believe me it was just that. It tasted exactly like a glass of apple juice. I was very pleased with the flavor and I enjoyed drinking it each and every time. I never had any issues with mixability. I shook it up in a shaker with no mixing ball and each time it blended in perfectly. Never any left over clumps or powder at the bottom. Each scoop is 12g and is fairly small.

The product claims on the label to promote lean muscle mass, ignite protein synthesis, enhance muscle growth, modulate blood sugar, prevent carb and fat oxidation inhibition, and promote visceral fat loss. Now that's a ton of claims for an amino product but I will tell you that I did have positive results while on it. I definitely gained a few pounds and noticed muscle increase during my use. This is not strictly due to this product but I think it did help. It did not completely remove muscle soreness but I could definitely notice a decrease in soreness the next morning / following days. Anything that helps with soreness is awesome especially after a tough leg day. I drank this at night or first thing in the morning and I feel it helped out with muscle loss and hunger upon waking up. I don't know if having 8,000mg of L-Leucine makes any difference than 2 or 4,000mg but this product worked for me.

I found this product for $37.75 on the companies website. Each tub contains 30 servings. This breaks down to about $1.25 per serving. This product is effective so I think the money is worth it if you have it to spend and your looking for an amino product. As I stated earlier if you can cut the L-Leucine dose down to reduce the price it would be more appealing.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Overall I was pleased throughout my entire use of this amino supplement. It worked well for me and I could definitely see myself using it again. It tasted great and it was refreshing each use. I recommend it to anyone looking for a new amino product with an interesting flavor.
  • Natural Apple: 9/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

September 6, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduces DOMS
  • Reduces Recovery Time
  • Flavor Picks
  • Acid Reflux

Total body nutrition labs has come to the scene bringing all kinds of goodies to the game. This particular one has a whoping
12 grams of BCAA's at a 8:2:2 ratio. Not bad and it is pretty much a bigger dose than most bring. How does it fair to the rest?

Like I mentioned above it does have 12grams of BCAA's . Leucine 8g, Isoleucine 2g and Valine at 2g. All really good, but on
the lable it mentions it has 12 grams of protein. This too confused me and after reading Italy48 review I noticed he had
asked them about this too. And thier answer struck me as odd. I am going to repeat what he was told.
"Amino acid [BCAA] can be consider as protein." I have my own opinions on what to think about that being said but I will not
voice it here. Next I want to point out this does not offer any extra goodies that most look for in a top tier Bcaa product
now. Like coconut water or some added electrolytes and EAA's.

I had the peach/mango and it was Okay but it seemed to bother me which I will explain later.
It mixed great, A few shakes and it was done. It did foam a bit but went away fast and then had some slight settling but nothing a quick shake would not fix.

Yea it would be hard to NOT have some recovery with a dose of 12 grams of bcaa's. But even at that I still did not get the benefit's like I get from some of my other choice's I typically run. I like to have some EAA's and some aid with Hydration as I feel is key in recovery. Now I have recently switched to a new gym and the energy there is awesome. Loud music everyone is hitting the iron with madness. So I have been hitting the weights harder than I have in a while so I will say it did help me recover well for that. I tried this as a intra a few times but the side effects I was getting was just too much for me to continue using it like that. I typically took this midday and it seemed to help give me a slight boost in the evening before the gym.

It is not widely available and I never found it anywhere but on the brands website. At basically 38 bucks it is going to be over 1.25 a serving by the time you pay for shipping and so on. Now yes you are getting a huge dose of BCAA's but you are getting no thrills , no extra added bonuses either.

Side Effects

ACID RE-FLUX. Dear GOD this was terrible for me. I did take a few other things that added to this but I was able to figure out this was the main culprit.
Every single time I used this I would get it . It was so bad at times I wished I could have just gotten sick and made it go away or something. Taking as a Intra was the worst for me. Once I bet over to pick something up. It was absolutely terrible. I hate to bash it so bad but nothing has bothered me this bad.
I truly feel it was something to do with flavor too. Something about it from the first sip bothered me. It tasted fine but it has this odd flavor that just sticks around.

Conclusion

TBN has come out swinging and this is a pretty well dosed bcaa and it is not bad. But at the end of that day it is just that. I would like to see a few things added to this mix and then I feel it would possible compete with some of the top tier ones.
  • Peachy Mango: 6/10

August 27, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduces Recovery Time
  • Reduces DOMS

Thank you to TBN Labs for the opportunity to try this BCAA product and supporting the SR Trooper program. The part that really caught my eye is the 12 grams of BCAA's in this product.

This is pretty straight forward. There are 12 grams of BCAA's in an 8:2:2 ratio. Most BCAA products I have used come in the 5 gram range with a 2:1:1 ratio. In here you get Leucine at 8g, Isoleucine at 2g and Valine at 2g. A few benefits of taking BCAA's are retaining and building muscle and decreased recovery times. One thing that did confuse me a bit was the fact that it says there are 12g of protein in here on the label. I contacted the company and their reply was the following "Amino acid [BCAA] can be consider as protein." I am not sure how to interpret this reply. I would like to hear the thoughts from all of you that read this review in the comment section below.

I had the Peachy Mango flavor which was pretty good. It was heavier on the peach than the mango. It did have a bit of an aftertaste at times but not all the time which was a little odd. This mixed fine and had minimal foaming and I don't think I saw any residue at the bottom of the shaker cup after my initial shakes to mix it up at the beginning of my workouts. I took one scoop of this into 20 ounces of cold water intra-workout. On off days I took it anytime throughout the day where I could squeeze it in.

I take BCAA's mainly for muscle building, retaining muscle and recovery which includes reduced DOMS. The TBN Labs website says it increases visceral fat loss. Hey, if it increases fat loss that's great but not my main purpose for this supplement. I can say that this definitely reduced DOMS and did help me recover a little quicker than many of the BCAA supplements I have used at the 5g mark with a 2:1:1 ratio. Was this a placebo effect knowing that this had 12g of BCAA in it? Not really sure but that is what I experienced. I started a new job recently so I went from a 5x12 program down to a 3x12 program with heavier weight to try and make up for the lost sets and reps. Some trial and error at first with the amount of weight used but I figured it out. Usually when I go from more sets and reps but lower weight I seem to feel it for the first few weeks and the same goes for lower reps and sets with heavier weights. I do have a hard time recovering from chest and leg days. I dread the next two mornings after these days. This supplement did seem to knock the intensity of my soreness down a bit compared to most other BCAA's I have used. I retained the muscle I already had and continued to make progressions in my lifts. I did not notice anything in the fat loss department but was not really expecting anything.

For 30 servings you will expect to pay $37.75 on the TBN Labs website. This comes out to $1.25 per serving. For 12 grams of BCAA's this is a fair price. It looks like Amazon does carry this but they are currently out of stock. I hope more suppliers/retailers start carrying this in the future.

Side Effects

Conclusion

TBN Labs did a nice job putting 12 grams of BCAA's in this product at a very fair price. With the positive results that I had from this I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good BCAA product. I look forward to trying this in the future in the different flavors they offer.
    • Peachy Mango: 7/10