True whey Reviews

By: Titan Nutrition

Protein > Whey Protein
True whey is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Titan Nutrition. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Overall
Overall
  March 4, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Tastes Great
  • No Stomach Issues
  • Cold Fold Technology
  • Grass Fed
  • Zero Fillers Or Added Sugar
  • Fully Transparent
  • Not Cheap
  • Not More Widely Available

Hi peeps, here with a very exciting review on a local product from a great local brand - titan nutrition. I have been using this extensively to give the best review possible. A huge thank you to George and the team for allowing our business to give true whey a go.

Pictured below but in essence
1kg 40 servings (serving size 25g)
Protein 20g
Total carbs 1.5g
Cholesterol 12.5mg
Sodium 268mg
Calcium 350mg
Glutamine 3.4g
BCAAs 4.5g
Ultra -low temperature cross - flow micro filtered whey protein concentrate ,guar gum extract, acesulfame potassium, sodium cyclamate, sodium chloride, natural and nature-identical flavours, lecithin isoflavones, permitted colorant (E102).
Right off the bat this whey is full transparency which is great, plus being that this houses cold flow tech means a more complete and less damaged protein which means more effectiveness and quality. This whey is grass fed as well which makes it real quality and honestly you can taste the difference. If this housed more than just a concentrate it would've been unstoppable .

Taste

There are quite a few flavors available, such as peanut butter nutter, banana cream and cappuccino joe as well. We got the basics so far... and wow!

Strawberries and cream 8.5/10
A nice and clean creamy yet fresh taste that definitely was a enjoyable experience each and every time. Its usually pretty much hens teeth to find a good strawberry and this was very very good.

Milk chocolate 8.5/10
This had a nice coco flavour that was more mature than sweet and something I definitely enjoyable as it was more of a richer flavour which is unusable as most are too sweet.

Vanilla ice cream 9.5/10
Man oh man... this flavour was truly amazing, it smelt alot like a kids growth formula I used to drink and love growing up. This was magic to say the least, to me vanilla has always been the toughest flavour to get right and this was so so spot on. I would've given it a 10 but I haven't had every vanilla whey out there... I literally savour this, its that good.

Mixability

This mixes well but it does need a shaker cup, without a shaker cup its pretty much standard it terms of lumpy with a spoon and glass. The texture is slightly watery. There is no residue nor grit to speak of which was great.

Its whey ... so for me I preferred using this after my workout to truly gauge its potential. I took 2 scoops with around 300ml of water. But whey is multi purpose so anytime is more or less a good time to use it.

I was pretty much confident that this was going to be a standard kinda whey concentrate because on paper it is pretty much a fancy concentrate and being an avid fan of protein blends I was pretty much reluctant to use this... The owner George was really confident about his whey, and for good reason. Its really really good.

As usual its hard to gauge whey protein or in fact protein, other than taste its pretty much hard to truly identify its effects as its mostly there to help reach your macros more conveniently. I decided to use this as a post workout protein to try and gauge its effects and honestly I felt an improvement in my recovery, which was pretty much clear as daylight. I really do feel that this product is surprisingly of international quality, and the effectiveness in terms of recovery and the lack of any stomach issues. Being on a recomp I certainly felt like it assisted me in losing body fat and building lean muscle mass, it all worked to plan but then again most quality whey proteins will certainly help, once you form a routine you will definitely see results, true whey supported this process.

This caused no stomach discomfort or had me running to the loo. Being a bit lactose intolerant, I feared the worst but their claims are on point, its not the easiest thing to entrust any local brand but man... do I trust Titan.
Its pretty hard to give this a super high total as it is a whey concentrate in essence but it truly punches beyond its weight category. I love that this whey protein is truly transparent, with zero fillers and sugar. This is how a product should be, fully disclosed and honest.

You can get this protein on the titan store, for R469 a kg ($33) and R819 for a 2kg ($57). Now for a South African whey this is as pricey as it comes for a concentrate, but with the process it goes through and being grass fed, this is certainly a product that is real quality... but quality is not cheap. A kg holds 40 servings and a 2 kg holds around 80 servings so for slightly under a dollar its not too bad and to be frank this was a shockingly good whey concentrate.

Side Effects

Conclusion

True whey was a true eye opener in terms of of quality and effectiveness. I taught me a lesson of never judging a book by its cover and being a supplement reviewer, its what we do and true whey definitely has made the best and most effective whey concentrate I have used with zero sides. It does come at a price but again... quality ain't cheap and this is just true quality that delivers on taste and effectiveness. Massive thanks to George and the team again at Titan.

Cheers