(Better than 72% in Creatine > Blends)

Genius Creatine is a Creatine Blend manufactured by The Genius Brand. It features multiple forms of creatines to take advantage of the various features of the different creatines. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

Creatine > Blends

February 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Endurance
  • Helps Strength
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Natural
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Expensive In Comparison To Bulk Monohydrate
  • Settling At Bottom Of Shaker

This will be my second review from Genius as I have previously tried their protein blend and I have quickly become a fan of theirs. They are completely natural and use high quality ingredients in their products which I truly appreciate.

One scoop contains 3 g of Creapure creatine mono, 1.6 g of CarnoSyn beta-alanine, 1.5 g of creatine HCl, 500 mg of creatine MagnaPower, and 25 mg of AstraGin. So you have three forms of arguably the most effective creatine, an endurance aid, and an absorption aid. Four out of the five active ingredients are trademark so you know there are no impurities or fillers that are possible to ingest through lower quality ingredients. The fifth ingredient that is not trademarked (creatine HCl) does not even have a trademarked form to my knowledge, so no harm there. The ingredients alone are underdosed, but as a blend I thought they worked fine.

As far as inactive ingredients, I really liked how they used Stevia and monk fruit as sweeteners, natural flavors, and avocado extract for a color. I have not seen avocado being used for color so I thought that was cool. Whenever a company goes the natural route, it usually earns big points with me.

Taste 10/10: I received the apple flavor and it was very good in my opinion. It was not too sweet or overpowering, but it was extremely refreshing. They nailed it, especially using natural ingredients. Normally when using Stevia it leads to a bitter aftertaste, but they masked that somehow. Great job here.

Mixability 5/10: Unfortunately as great as the taste was, the mixability suffered. There was no foaming at all, but it left a heavy sediment at the bottom of the shaker bottle. The sediment was very gritty and slightly sweet, so I am guessing it was the CarnoSyn.

Dosing 10/10: Recommended to take one scoop in 8 oz. of water anytime after your workout. Since I was not taking a pre-workout, I opted to take it before training since it contained beta-alanine and creatine obviously; so I used it as a non-stim pre-workout.

Since I kept my supplements to a bare minimum these past couple months, I think I have a good understanding of how effective this product was. Although I was not necessarily strength training, I started bringing my numbers back up to close to where they were when I was in my best shape. I have been in a caloric deficit and have been fairly active yet I was improving in many areas strength wise. I was doing more circuit style training and a lot more supersets and felt like I had pretty good endurance. I never really noticed anything that improved my pumps, but I do not think creatine is best suited for that. I never received any crazy pumps from purely creatine. I also did not notice an increase in recovery, but since I did not try this out post-workout, I am not going to take off for that. I would really like to try this out with their pre-workout and see how effective that combo is.

You can find this on Amazon for $30 for 25 servings. A bit expensive if you are judging it from a creatine standpoint, but the ingredients are high quality and it is a natural product. Each serving is $1.20, but you are getting a solid product.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Really enjoyed this product and I have really become a fan of this company. I definitely recommend this product and I will look to try other products from them in the future. Thank you Genius for sending this out.
  • Apple: 10/10

February 16, 2018

• Better Recovery
  • Better Endurance
  • Pump
  • Expensive In Comparison To Bulk Monohydrate

A special thanks to The Genius Brand for their participation here on SR.com and an apology for the slight tardiness of this review. Today, I discuss my experience with their creatine supplement, Genius Creatine. I consider creatine to be a solid staple worth including in a supplement regimen, provided of course you don't have any kidney problems or pre existing conditions. For me, creatine has always worked well in promoting gains in both size and strength, usually through recovery enhancement but also has come in hand in energy as well.

The profile of Genius Creatine is fully disclosed without any prop blends.

Th profile includes Creatine Monohydrate (Creapure) at 3g, Beta Alanine at 1.6g, Creatine HCL at 1.5g, Creatine Magnesium Cheltae (Magnapower) at 500mg, and AstraGin at 25mg.

In a nutshell, you have 3 effective forms of creatine, an endurance enhancer, and an absorption enhancer. A simple, yet solid profile for a product of this nature.

The couple minor tweaks I would make is perhaps 5g of creapure and a little more beta alanine. Other than that, no major complaints.

The only flavor currently available is Apple. I found it to be satisfyingly good with the right consistency of sweetness and a little bit of tartness.

I mixed well in any liquid you use without any undissolved material.

Since the pre workout I was using at the time during my run with this already contained creatine, I figured I'd use this primarily for recovery since I mentioned creatine works well for my recovery as well. I combined one scoop mixed with either water or gatorade and drank it post workout. On non-training days I took it in the morning mixed in water, with a little grape juice.

Genius Creatine was a Genius idea to help boost my recovery to the max.

My DOMS and post workout fatigue were nearly completely absent and I was far less sore the following mornings. Like BCAAs, it also helped give me some increased natural energy throughout the following mornings leading to my next workouts.

I had more of an all day pump and my natural stamina was improved, thanks mostly I would say to the beta alanine and creatine magnesium chelate.

It also seemed to have a carry over effect to my workouts as well, as I had more endurance and pump during high volume sets and heavy compound movements. I didn't set any incredible PRs but I was moving slightly more weight with some movements for higher volume, so I would say my strength and size did in fact improve, just not to an outstanding degree. Then again, I don't expect gains of big time magnitude from any creatine.

I like how I didn't get any bloat or water retention from this. I rarely ever do, even with high doses of creatine monohydrate, provided I drink enough liquids. However, the very minimal bloat I do get at times, was not a problem with this.

Now as you would expect, this product is more expensive than bulk creatine monohydrate. The cheapest I found it was 29.95 on amazon and I believe this is also the current price on The Genius Brand's own website. You get 25 servings in each tub, which is a little less than the full 30 day month's supply I would prefer. However, given the effectiveness and the bonuses such as the beta alanine, astragin, and three creatine types you get in Genius Creatine, I'd say that this value is still very good. Sales do happen from time to time on the company's website, so you could always capitalize on that.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you want to try an upgrade from general creatine monohydrate, I'd recommend giving Genius Creatine a go. It will help increase recovery, energy, endurance, and all at a good value. Be sure you are consuming plenty of fluids and do not use this if you have any kidney problems as creatine can aggravate these issues.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO BRUINS!!!
  • Apple: 9/10

5.2
  February 11, 2018

Cons:

Whats up SR, I wanted to quickly drop my review of the blended creatine "Genius Creatine". I chose this product as I was going through a strength gaining phase in my lifting and was curious as to the results I could get from a blended creatine, thus I chose Genius Creatine. Thanks to the Genius Brand and the Trooper program for sending this out.

The profile on this is very straight forward and is fully disclosed, which is always good in my books. The label goes as follows:

Serving Size: 1 scoop (7.5g)
Servings per Container: 25

Creapure Creatine Monohydrate: 3g
Beta Alanine (as CarnoSyn): 1.6g
Creatine HCL: 1.5g
Creatine MagnaPower: 500mg
AstraGin: 25mg

As we can see this is a product based around 3 main types of creatine, with the additions of some beta alanine and AstraGin to help aid in recovery and absorption. Immediately I noticed the under-dosage of the Creatine Monohydrate, yes I know this is a blended creatine, but I would personally still like to see a full 5g dosage. I do however love the 1.5g dose of Creatine HCL, I find this to be a solid serving as HCL is something I have used in the past.

The flavor I received was Apple, it was honestly really good, a nice mix of sweet and tart, without the overbearing acidity that comes with creatine, they did a great job of masking this with a sour type flavor. Mixability was fantastic as well, obviously this is a creatine supplement and we all know that creatine has a tendency to "settle" at the bottom of a shaker, so make sure you keep swirling and you'll be fine. Dosing is one scoop, which I took post workout.

As I said before I took this during a strength and size gaining phase in my training, so was this effective for that? Yes. I did gain strength and have increases on my major lifts during my run with this product, how effective was this really is tough for me to gauge, as I was in a caloric surplus and did also float up a few pounds in weight. Creatine is one of the most studied and proven supplements on the market, so as long as the dosages are right then you will have success when taking creatine. Thats where I think this stumbled a bit for me, I really wish they had given the full clinical dosage of 5g Creatine Mono and then I think this really could have been something special in conjunction with all of the other ingredients. But, like I said I did see some increases in my strength and my muscles did feel slightly fuller, so I really cant knock this too hard, it did succeed in helping me achieve my desired goals.

With creatine being one of the most studied and popular supplements that means that creatine can typically be found very cheap. This runs $30 for 25 servings, placing it over $1 per serving, not exactly a great price point in my mind. I also really don't get the 25 serving thing, why not make it a full month supply, or a 2 month supply? 25 servings just doesn't seem enough in my mind. The value take this down a few pegs, with how cheap standard creatine is, and while this does have some extra added pieces I am not sure I could justify spending that much for less then a months supply.

Side Effects

None. No beta alanine tingles as its half the clinical dose.

Conclusion

In conclusion this is a solid product with a less then desirable price point. The glaring under dosing of the main creatine in this product even though it is the cheapest of the creatine sources knocked this down a few pegs in my book. If this had a better price point or serving size (say 60 scoops, for 30 servings) then I would be much happier paying the $30 for the tub. Yes this is effective in terms of aiding in strength building and muscle size, but the price point and less then clinical dosing hurts this in the long run. If you can find it on sale then I would say maybe take the shot.
  • Apple: 8/10

February 4, 2018

Cons:

Found this product on Amazon and was interested in this brand's new twist to a standard creatine product. We all know how effective creatine has been shown to be and why we should all be taking it but why this one? Especially for those people looking to go the all natural route, you will enjoy this one.

The ingredient profile is pretty simple and straight-forward. Like all Genius Brand products, the label is transparent and free of prop. blends. Three different forms of creatine and probably the most common ones that most people know. Where this product differs from others is the added extras of Beta-Alanine and AstraGin. Also like all other products from this company, they use natural sweeteners and flavors.

The flavor is apple and they did a good job of producing that flavor with using natural ingredients. It is not a sour or candy apple flavor that most companies are producing right now. Just a pleasant flavor that is refreshing to drink when mixed with ice cold water.

No issues with mixability on this product when used in a shaker bottle without a blender ball. Toss in a scoop and after a few shakes everything is good to go. Did not try mixing this in a glass with a spoon, mainly because I never saw a reason to.

The dosing is right where most people would expect it to be for a creatine product. All three forms combined give you the standard five gram dose. If anything, this product is overdosed because the five grams is often related to creatine monohydrate. With three grams of monohydrate plus 1.5 grams of HCL, you are getting a hefty dose of both products. Plus the AstraGin helps with the absorption of everything. The dose of the Beta-Alanine is also quite substantial. Some pre-workouts don't even have this large of a dose in them and here is a creatine product with half of the recommended daily amount.

I personally had great results when using this product. I used this product either intra workout or post workout. It helped me get my daily dose of creatine and Beta-Alanine in. I do not have any issue with Beta-Alanine tingles, so that did not reduce any of the effectiveness for me. This is one of those products that you may not "feel" working right away but you know the science behind the ingredients is helping your body recover.

The value for this product depends on if you understand that this is not just a standard creatine monohydrate product. Yes, it is more expensive that bulk creatine purchased in store or from the internet but the added extras are what increase the cost. Currently listed on Amazon for $30 for 25 scoops. Coming from a brand that bills itself in the premium category and all natural ingredients, this is about the price that I would expect.

Side Effects

Unless you have had some previous reactions to any of the forms of creatine in this product, there shouldn't be any side effects from this one. The only possible side effect is if you are sensitive to Beta-Alanine. The product does contain 1.6 grams, which could cause some tingles, especially if you consume this with another product that also has Beta-Alanine in it.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this product is a nice twist to taking regular unflavored creatine monohydrate. The flavor is nice, everything is all natural and the added extras can really benefit the serious lifter who is putting in work at the gym. As a staple product in any lifters supplement stack, this would definitely be worthwhile if you have the extra budget.
    • Apple: 10/10