Nectar Reviews

By: Syntrax

Protein > Whey Protein
Nectar is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Syntrax. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

May 5, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Lots Of Flavor Options
  • Heavy Foam In Shaker Cup
I can't really give Nectar an amazing grade on the overall effectiveness of it's protein, because I just don't know that it's better than anything else.

What I can say, is it is definitely unique, and there is a pretty niche market for this type of a product, that I think Nectar fills exceptionally well.

The common misconception about success, is that you have to be good at all things. This is not true. You really only need to be good at one thing, and do that thing so well, that no one else can compete with you. This is what I think of Nectar. They do flavor exceptionally well. So well, I don't think I've tasted better protein powders ever.

There's not a lot they don't do well, although I was a bit disappointed in the way certain powders mixed, as they caused foams to form, which was disappointing, as you felt you lost some of the value from left over liquids after you drank the shake.

The things they did OK, were give you good protein profiles, low carbs, digest quickly, and absorb quickly in the muscles.

But Nectar really stands out on a shelf, because they don't just have the one fruit flavor of Strawberry like everyone else. Apple, Cherry, Peach, Caribbean Punch, Lemon & Pink Grapefruit are amazingly different for a product shelf that mostly holds Chocolates, Vanilla & Cookies & Cream.

They have those flavors too, but throw in Cappuccino & Vanilla Bean Torte, and you have a myriad of flavors that no one else is even trying, let alone succeeding with.

But does that make this a great product?? I'm not 100% sure it's great. It's like the Dominique Wilkins of the protein world. It wins the taste competition each time, but was never an MVP, and never played for a championship. He also wasn't much more than the human highlight real. Was he a great player?? I don't know that I can say he was, but he's in the hall of fame because he could dunk like no one else.

Nectar may end up as an all time great product, based solely on how good it tastes, but that's not quite enough for everyone.

I give them major props, though. They got my wife's interest peaked, and she ended up having me buy a tub of Fuzzy Naval for her, because she likes the peach flavor. She currently mixes it into her peach oatmeal in the mornings when we don't have eggs so that she gets her daily protein still.

That's where nectar succeeds. You can mix this stuff into different recipes and products that may have no business with cookies and cream flavored proteins.

The sample pack that I was given included the following flavors:

Vanilla bean torte
Road side lemon aid
Crystal sky
Cappuccino latte
Apple ecstasy

I'm not going to rate the individual flavors, because having a single serving of each, I just don't think is effective. I'm giving them overall a 10 for taste, because there wasn't a single flavor in there that I found awful, and most I found quite pleasing. Again, being unique gets major points from me.

Mixability was not that great in some forms, like the apple, which I mixed with water, and it caused the foam issue I mentioned above. I have to rate this at a 7.

Effectiveness is hard to judge, because I wasn't given a full 1 month supply, which is about how long I would need to really test how my body reacts. What helps here, is that those that are looking for something that is "non-traditional" will have a better time stomaching the product. Like my wife who doesn't always want a chocolate, vanilla or cookies and cream flavor, and isn't all that impressed with most strawberry proteins. So it's very effective for her. So I give this product a 7.

Value is again dependent on the person using it. Value is so subjective, because I went out and spent money on a tube because my wife wanted to use it in her oatmeal. So it's very valuable to her. For me, having the extra flavors doesn't really hold a ton a value.....although I'm thinking I might buy some apple flavor and try making apple protein bread at some point (OK I just drooled on my keyboard). I rate value at an 8.

Overall, I can't say that I put this at the top of the list of proteins on the market. Technically speaking, having the extra flavoring in there is a negative.....it takes away from the absorption in the stomach to have to process these extra chemicals. Still, because it's something that is so unique, and can be used in many other processes, including banking and mixed into other liquids besides milks and milk alternatives, I have to give it an 8.

So is this a great supplement?? Depends on what you're going to use it for. Just like Dominique Wilkins, it will fill the seats in the arena to just get the flavors (watching it do it's proverbial dunks). But will it win you any championship rings, or be the MVP of the best team in the league?? No, it won't.

May 1, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Carbs/fat
  • Tastes Great
  • Mixes Well
  • Lots Of Flavor Options
  • Not That Cheap Compared To Others
  • Hit Or Miss On Some Flavors
Special thanks go out Syntrax for providing the experts with a variety pack of nectar protein. With the standard flavors of protein getting somewhat boring, this was a welcome change to experience with all the fruit and alternative cookie type flavors.

How I ran it: I ran this at various times during the day. Sometimes post workout, sometimes in the AM.

Ingredients 8: What you have here is a whey protein isolate, zero carbs and zero fat. 24-25 grams of protein per scoop. No amino profile.

Effectiveness 8: This isolate performed fairly well in the digestion department. I am partial to isolate proteins as they seem to better digest, this had some minor issues and I believe I can attribute it to the lack of digestive enzymes. The only digestive enzymes included is protease and doesn't contain your standard enzymes you see in other staple brands.

Taste 9: Given the amount of flavors I will examine each very briefly. All were mixed with almond milk FYI.

Vanilla bean torte - 9.5
Great smooth natural vanilla flavor with a thicker cream taste. With almond milk it tasted like an almond torte cake. Yum.

Fuzzy naval - 9
Tastes exactly how it sounds, but without the the liquor.

Double stuff cookie - 8
Not as good as it sounds. Similar to Oreo cookies but has a odd aftertaste. Somewhat chalky.

Kiwi strawberry -8.5
Strawberry and kiwi. I would not have thought of combining this protein. But it works. A bit too fruity but it works.

Chocolate truffle -9
Solid flavor. Tastes very similar to the chocolate truffles you buy at the store. Solid.

Caribbean cooler - 7.5
Another fruit flavor that has multiple flavors that seem to work ok but not great.

Twisted cherry - 8.25
This is one of the few fruit flavors I actually did like. Cherry was smooth and balanced.

Strawberry mousse - 8.75
Solid strawberry flavor with a cream texture.

Pink grapefruit - 7.75
Not the best. The grapefruit is a bit too sour for my liking.

Road side lemon aid -6
Avoid this. Very artificially tasting and tastes like a semi carbonated bad lemon drink.

Crystal sky - 7
A cavalcade of fruit flavors that just doesn't work for me. Not terrible.

Cappuccino latte -11
The best. Simply the best flavor I have tried. It tastes exactly like cappuccino. Perfectly sweet and balanced.

Apple ecstasy - 9
This tastes great. Much like green apple jolly rancher.

Value 7 - At approximately 30 dollars for a 2 pound tub this is priced about at the middle of the market. Perhaps slightly on the high side.

Conclusion 7.75 Honestly, this is a solid protein. The whey isolate is solid, the taste is solid. It doesn't set any new standards but that isn't what you want from A protein. You re looking for a solid ingredient profile and a competitively priced product. It could be a bit more cost effective and the profile could disclose the amino profile. It still gets a bladeski seal of approval but that ridiculous tasting cappuccino.

December 27, 2012

• Lactose Free
  • A Bit Cheaper Then Other Whey Isolates
  • Adored By Myself
  • Better Than Cheap Protein Blends
  • Possibly Expensive For Some
  • Heavy Foam In Shaker Cup
I haven't reviewed a supplement in a while and I think this one deserves to get one as it seems to be a very underrated or overseen protein supplement. It could be because we are all under the impression that ON, Dymatize, Gaspari, etc make the best proteins on the market. Well if you are a supplement connoisseur you will know that is not true and there are definitely some really good options out there, specially in regards to quality isolate protein and a very hard-to-find superb taste.

Profile (8/10):

Syntrax's Nectar protein is an isolate protein and uses an specific type of isolate called "Promina" which apparently is the best kind; this is according to Syntrax and we can expect some bias in that claim. I tried to do soe research on the claims for this type of protein and all I found was links to Syntrax's Nectar.

Since I could not find anything in regards to Promina Whey Isolate, I will go with the claims made by Syntrax "...according to the manufacturer is the purest and most active whey isolate on the market. This is why we can create such a fantastic taste with Nectar...Promina literally has no taste. It is extremely undenatured and produced totally with a cold process. CFM is good but Promina is more pure and with higher levels of whey fractions."

The profile shows zero fat, zero carbs, lactose free and gluten free. This is definitely a nice option for low-carb diets in need of something sweet for their taste buds, because to be honest, this protein has the best options and best flavors for a protein supplement. It may not be Hydrolyzed protein, but come on, MOST people complain about the prices of the hydrolyzed protein, most people don't buy it and stick to regular protein concentrate mixes, thus making this type of protein a good in-between option for quality protein at a decent price.

Mixability (9.5/10): In regards to mixability, it mixes instantly and leaves no clumps but it leaves a ridiculous amount of foam; however, it really does not affect my opinion of the protein. You don't need a blender ball, a simple cup and spoon can suffice to mix it.

Taste (10/10): Although, I did prefer some flavors more than others; and in some cases the taste a lil bland, I still give Nectar a 10/10 in taste because it offers such a great variety of unique a well formulated flavors in protein. They match the taste of the label and offer more than simple chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.

They offer the following flavors:

Vanilla bean torte (9.8/10): simply incredible vanilla taste, but don't buy it, you know what vanilla tastes like.

Fuzzy naval (9/10): Holy ***, they nailed the flavor in this protein. I saw the picture on the sample bag and tasted just like the picture made it seem like; it was delicious.

Double stuff cookie (9.5/10)
This tasted like crushed oreo cookies in your milk, too good to be healthy, but it was bliss.

Kiwi strawberry(10/10): This one was simply my favorite of all the flavors. It tasted like a real fruity drink from a fancy restaurant or smoothie bar. Both the Kiwi and Strawberry can be tasted in the drink and it is not overwhelming. It is sweet right on the dot, it couldn't get any better than this one. I was a little mad they didn't send me more of this one lol.. I am buying this one.

Chocolate truffle (9/10):...meeeh chocolate, they got it right, but I am done with chocolate flavor proteins.

Caribbean cooler (9.5/10): this one should be called sex on the beach lol, it tasted like piña colada and it was damn good. I would buy it again.

Twisted cherry (9.2/10): I don't like cherry flavor drinks, but I am not going to let my flavor choice interfere with grading how this one taste. If you like cherry flavor stuff, I think you would love this one. It does not taste like a super-fake-extra-sweet cherry drink; they have done a really good job mimicking the flavor and is something you could enjoy everyday post-workout.

Strawberry mousse (8.8/10):
meh... strawberry protein, nuff said.

Pink grapefruit (9/10): this one kinda threw me off because I was expecting a little creamy flavor on it, but boy this does taste like a grapefruit drink. If you have tasted Simply Grapefruit Juice then expect to get a similar, just a tad sweeter, shock of sourness with this protein; although, it was a shocker to have a sour tasting protein, it was very pleasant and I would buy it again.

Road side lemon aid (8.8/10): lemon flavor drink.... minute maid anybody?

Crystal sky (N/A): this one I definitely think it is user dependent. I thought it was OK, but I can see some people really loving this one.

Cappuccino latte (10/10): ERMAHGERD! CAHPHURCINHO SAW GHOOD!... I am buying this one.

Apple ecstasy (8/10): it was a very close match to sour apple drinks. It did taste like it, but it will depend if like you sour apple or not. If you like it, go for it, you will not be disappointed.

Lemon tea (7/10): not my favorite, but it does taste like lemon tea, so if you hate lemon tea this is not for you.

I am not going to measure effectiveness of protein because it is silly. If it is good quality, it will work and this seems to be a top-notch protein so I expect what they claim on it to be true.

Overall(9/10): This has become my new favorite protein. I am getting sick of the new upcoming protein blends because they are all sourcing for cheaper and incomplete proteins and try to mix it with the already lower quality concentrate and want to charge you premium price for it. Syntrax gives you the choice of great flavors and tons of options for a good quality Isolate and at decent price. Yes it is more expensive than other proteins, but consider the fact that his has only isolate (much better than concentrate), great flavor, no lactose and mixes very well. So if you put all that into consideration you can expect this to be higher than other proteins on the market. If you want cheap, go for cheap and you get cheap, but this one is definitely a better a fairly priced option.

November 20, 2012

• Heavy Foam In Shaker Cup
It is every ones favorite time day.....hulk review time yayayayayay
Today I want to review the most manly protein on the market, it has a wide array of flavors most of them being fruity. Thank you Petey and the reps at syntrax for tossing a few of the experts a 14 serving variety pack of there whey isolate nectar. They shipped out 1 of each flavor from fuzzy navel to chocolate truffle. Whey isolate has been proven to digest and absorb quicker then standard whey concentrate allowing it to reach the muscles faster in times of immediate need such as pre/post workout and first thing in the morning. I have been a slight protein boycott and getting most of mine through my whole foods so it was a nice change of pace to add some extra into the diet.

-----------

Taste 8/10

------------

I want to break this category into a brief description of each protein and what I thought about the taste starting with the best and ending with the worst (in my opinion) I also think mixing it with the correct beverage helps the taste process so I will list how I mixed it.

Vanilla bean torte

9.8/10

By far the best tasting vanilla protein I have ever had. Mixed this with 1%milk and it was like an old fashion frappe from a homemade ice cream stand.

Fuzzy naval---9.2/10---
This for me was an eye opener I typically hate fruity protein drinks, but when raptor said he has heard great things about it and people rave they are close to the actual drink you have to try it. This was amazing mixed with water post workout it was sweet but not overpowering I would say the best one in the group for fruit mixes.

Double stuff cookie---9.0/10---
Another great product it literally tasted like an Oreo cookie. Mix this with milk and it was thick and sweet but it did leave floaties in the cup.

Kiwi strawberry--- 8.9/10---
Very good product pleasant to drink when mixed with water or a like fruit juice I could drink a full 30 day supply no problem

Chocolate truffle--8.8/10--
This is a pretty common mix right here if you mess up chocolate you suck! To be fair mixed with a heavier milk1% it was very good and I think it would be best suited as a first thing in the A.M mix. 30 days wouldn't be an issue.

Caribbean cooler--8.8/10--
This reminded me a lot of my typhoon after shock; if I wasn't use to that I may have liked this less. I could stomach 30days with out a problem and from what others have said if you really like a tropical taste you will love this mixed with water or coconut water.

Twisted cherry --8.0/10"”
This reminded me of a jolly rancher but sweeter I was not feeling this as much as I thought I would. Fake cherry is one of my favorite artificial candies and even mixed with water it wasn't the best.

Strawberry mousse"”8.0/10---
I made the mistake of mixing this with water and my other post workout goodies so I can't really give it a fair shake. But I was hoped for something a lot better.

Pink grapefruit"”7.5---
This was not too bad mixed with water but I don't think I could do it for a month it was very close to a real grapefruit juice.

Road side lemon aid"”7.5/10"”
I used this as a pre workout aid mixed with water and amino acids and maybe I didn't do it justice that way but it is not something I would want to drink all the time. It was sour and lacking the sweet.

Crystal sky"”7.0/10"”
Take it or leave it or leave it not a fan, wouldn't buy it.

Cappuccino latte-7.0/10"”
I don't like lattes and this tasted so damn close to a high end latte I couldn't do it. Maybe a huge plus for someone not me

Apple ecstasy-6.5/10-
I normally like a sour apple but this tasted like an apple that sat in the freezer with out a Ziploc bag. Not very good at all

Lemon tea-6/10-
It was bad. This was not as bad as that green natural protein but it was not good.

-------

Effectiveness 8/10

---

Protein is a hard thing to gage; there are a few key things that separate them for me such as digestion, quality, and recovery. Since this was only a 14day run recovery it hard to judge as cam said I as well did not notice a change good or bad. It is how ever as cam said low in fat and carbs it is lactose and gluten free and it is of a high quality then other proteins I have used. I noticed this product did not cause any form of digestion issues which tells me it absorbs well which is crucial to proteins. I wish I had a longer run with it and I may actually have to buy it.

-------

Value 9/10

--------------

With a starting price of 16.00 and jumping up to 35.00 this is not a bad price for a month plus of protein with the high quality this had it is worth it. At .87 per one scoop you can't beat it. This is pretty simple to find it seems to be on most online supp shops and in your local vitamin Shoppe as well. If you want a radical new flavor and spice things up for a cheap price this is it.

Overall this is a higher end whey isolate the boosts a variety of odd flavors that you might not think about when you think of protein. All the flavors taste pretty well when mixed in the appropriate beverage. They are fairly inexpensive and can be purchased on any budget. I will buy this out side the ER 14day trial and I plan on using it as my breakfast drink of choice. This gets a hulk seal of approval.

-k-

November 12, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Carbs/fat
  • Tastes Great
  • Lots Of Flavor Options
  • Hit Or Miss On Some Flavors
Fuzzy Navel, Apple Ecstasy, Latte Cappuccino - These are all drinks for REAL MEN! If you're a REAL MAN then you have no shame drinking this in public and know exactly what I am talking about here! Lol, jokin. However here we have Syntrax, who did a great job offering a quality protein in 14 unique flavors other than your generic Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry and/or Cookies N Cream. And Even their generic flavors had a little extra too them and tasted amazing. THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG REVIEW due to the dif flavors so feel free to skip to the taste section.

Value 9
First a big thanks to Syntrax and the ER program for allowing me to try this as I was offered a 14 day supply of this. I searched around and found this product to run from $16-30 and having around 30-40 servings depending on how you use it. Whey and Whey Isolates are getting more and more expensive and you'd obviously wanna get this at $16, but with close to 40 servings and unique flavors, $25+ isn't bad either.

Effectiveness 7.5
This is hard to gauge, not only because its a protein, but because this only lasted me for 2 solid weeks. That said I did not notice any drop in recovery on this, tho, I did not notice an increase either. Therefore I give it a 7.5 (contemplated an 8). I hope Syntrax understands, but with it being a protein & only running this so long I could not give it a higher rating. I will say that the Pros Section of having Low Carbs/Fat and helping building muscle speaks for itself tho

Taste: Most of the time Taste does not matter, but in the letter I got, I could tell that Syntraxs' main focus in creating Nectar was to offer as many (taste) options as possible, and they still managed to produce a quality protein. I have broken down the taste rating for each flavor

Apple Ecstasy: 7.5/10 A bit sour yet sweet. Like a user below me said, just like an apple air head

Caribbean Cooler: 10/10 Probably my favorite. Loved the Coconut/Colada flavor

Chocolate Truffle: 9/10 Above your average chocolate flavor. Wouldn't mind drinking over & over

Crystal Sky: 7/10 Meh, not bad but didn't live up to the tropical taste IMO

Double Stuffed Cookie: 9.5/10 Probably the best Cookie protein I've EVER had!

Fuzzy Navel: THE DRINK OF A MAN RIGHT HERE

Latte Cappuccino:10/10 The first flavor I tried. Way to start off w/a bang! Tasted just like the real thing

Lemon Tea 6.5/10 It just wasn't my thing and I couldn't imagine drinking it for 30-40 days

Pink Grapefruit 9.3/10 I put this off for a while bcuz I couldn't imagine this tasting good. Surprise, had a great taste almost to the real thing. Could possibly do this for 30 days

Roadside Lemonade: 7/10 Unfortunately both Lemon flavors didn't hit it w/me

Strawberry Kiwi 8/10 I wouldn't mind trying this again as I love Strawberry Kiwi. Believe I used too much water and ruined it some however

Strawberry Mousse 10/10 Best Strawberry Protein I've had. As far as flavors not as good as Caribbean Cooler but better than the DS Cookie

Twisted Cherry 8.5/10 I hate cherry, this tasted to close to the real thing so that means they did a good job (unfortunately for me :) )

Vanilla Bean Torte 9.0 One of the better Vanilla proteins. Could I do it for 40 days w/o burning out... possibly!!

Overall
They go more for taste over effectiveness but its still a quality low carb/low fat/no sugar isolate. If you want to try something outta the box give Nectar a try. This gets an A in my book.

June 23, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Carbs/fat
  • Tastes Great
  • Decent Change To The Norm
  • Lots Of Flavor Options
  • A Bit Cheaper Then Other Whey Isolates
  • Tastes Freaking Amazing
  • Doesn't Mix As Well As Similar Products
Here's a great product that I had never even heard of until awhile back while trolling through my local Vitamin Shoppe.

Content:

Link to profile: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/syntrax/nectar-protein-2-lb.html?sel=559

Contains Promina Whey Isolate (supposedly the purest and most active whey isolate on the market), has zero carbs, and zero fat. Nectar is also aspartame free which is always a plus in my book. One thing I really like about this product is that it comes in a huge variety of flavors. Ranging from fruit based concoctions to the more traditional ones like chocolate, vanilla, and cookies & cream. Though I suspect somebody would lose some man points walking into the gym with a tub of "Fuzzy Navel" flavored protein in their gym bag.

In terms of effectiveness, I honestly can't tell the difference of Nectar from all of the more expensive isolate products that I have used. Recovery went up across the board and noticeable increase in strength gains (as compared to before I started taking Nectar). I also never had problems with bloating, gas, or bad burps while using Nectar.

Mixability: 7/10
Here is where I had the only problem with Nectar. I always used water with mixing Nectar, and even then it still left little chunks literally glued to the top and bottom of my shakers. I could never get rid of the chunks, no matter how much or how hard I shook my shaker. All in all, not that big of a deal. But I was kind of disappointed having an isolate based product that mixed like some much lower quality proteins.

Overall Taste: 10/10
I went through a full tub of the Apple Ecstasy as well a couple of sample packets of the Vanilla Bean Torte.

Apple Ecstasy: 10/10
Now to be 100% honest I was expecting this flavor to be at least half way decent or taste like crap. I was luckily pleasantly surprised. Tastes exactly what I expect a watered down and liquefied apple jolly rancher would taste like. No weird or funky aftertaste as well. Probably one of the best apple tasting supplements I've used so far, second to only CL Green Mag.

Vanilla Bean Torte: 10/10
Now I've never been that big of a fan of vanilla. But this is hands down the best tasting vanilla flavor I ever had in a protein supplement. Taste exactly like melted French vanilla ice cream in my opinion. Another plus is that this flavor had no aftertaste. A problem I've had with many other vanilla flavored proteins in the past.

I picked up my 36 scoop 2.15 tub from lockout awhile back for right about 30$. I do personally believe whey isolate products are too expensive as is. As I can get more for my money with regular whey blends. However, 30$ for a tub of whey isolate is still a pretty darn good value in my book.

In short, Nectar is a great product in my opinion. It comes in a wide variety of flavors that can appeal to just anybody's taste preferences. Nectar is on par with the more expensive whey isolate products with a slightly less expensive price tag. I have recommended this to friends and I recommend it to anyone looking to try out a solid whey isolate protein.

May 5, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Carbs/fat
  • Tastes Great
  • Decent Change To The Norm
  • Not That Cheap Compared To Others
  • Heavy Foam In Shaker Cup
Well i have to say that Syntrax Nectar is a very unique protein for anyone who has been around the block. they are some of the best tasting (and unique) flavors around. It is a 100% Whey isolate with 0 carbs and 0 fat. It is fruit juice flavored (and some others) and very thin. You can hardly tell your drinking a protein which is a plus because i like to sip it intra workout and its not heavy at all.

The value is pretty good considering its an isolate, but i usually buy concentrate which is cheaper. I can deal with the lactose but if you cant this is lactose free.
Its around 25 dollars for 36 scoops at 34 grams of protein each so its not bad at all for an isolate

As for flavors, all of them are really good, I made all of them with 8 oz of water and some ice cubes. They taste like what they say they will and dont have a diet aftertaste which is nice. They do foam alot if you shake them but about 5 minutes of settling and they are fine. i have tried 13 flavors because of a variety pack i bought and here are my ratings.

Apple Ecstasy: 10/10, tasted just like a green apple air head. not very sour but nice and sweet.

Caribbean Cooler: 7/10. This was good but i just dont like coconut. It tastes like a pina coolada which im not a huge fan of.

Crystal Sky: 7/10 I thought this would be the best, it is like a tropical punch but its very heavy on the pineapple and i thought it was too tangy.

Fuzzy Navel: 9/10 This was a peach orange blend that tasted alot like tang with a little peach in it. it was very good

Lemon Tea: 8/10 I thought this would be gross but it actually tasted like lemon tea. for anyone who likes arnold palmer it comes very close to that.

Pink Grapefruit: 9/10 It tastes just like what you would think, it was very good and very refreshing

Roadside Lemonade: 7/10 This did not taste like lemonade! it tasted like lemon meraunge(?) pie, but it was good if you dont think about it as lemonade

Strawberry Kiwi: 10/10 this was one of my favorites. it was mostly strawberry but it was still really good

Twisted Cherry: 8/10 This was good if you like cherry, it was a little artificial tasting but im not a huge cherry guy.

Cappuccino: 10/10 WOW this was really good. it tasted just like a dunkin donuts frappaccino.

Chocolate truffle: 7/10 It was an average chocolate, a little too sweet for my taste

Vanilla Torte: 10/10 Second best Vanilla ever, to Muscle Milk but at 1/3 the calories. Amazing

Strawberry truffle: 8/10 it was a good creamy, sweet strawberry. tasted like strawberry shortcakes

All in all this is an awesome isolate for the price, and the unique flavors are all really good. i would recommend to anyone.

February 22, 2011

• Mixes Well
  • Assists With Lactase Intolerent
  • Adored By Myself
  • Possibly Expensive For Some
  • Not A Hydrolsolate Protein
Excellent protein for those whom do not like to mix their protein with a milk based solvent, beautiful crisp h2o will suffice here. I tend to use this product when I am trying to cut fat.. The other variable here is that many African Americans ? Native Americans and the children of their decent can not digest the lactase which is found in milk based products. oddly enought, I have this problem at times but with this protein this is an easy fix. There is another protein that I use which will be reviewed at a later time, for respect for this high grade protein, I will not list it here.
First and foremost, this is not a Garbage (subjective0 propreitary blend or a concentrate. This is an isolate form of whey, which is di tri peptides isolated from concentrate.
The taste of this product is over exceptional. I have tried a laundry list of flavors... Roadside lemonade, Caribbean Cooler, Crystal Sky, Strawberry Kiwi, and Twisted Cherry.
This will not receive a full 10 rating due to it not being a hydrolsolate form of protein.
This is an excellent product that should be enjoyed by those whom are able to afford such a protein supplement. Truthfully stating.. you will not be disappointed.
Those of the fitness community who are looking for additives and other muscle building items/ supplements in their protein, this will not be at the top of your to purchase list but if a higher quality protein is all that is being sought after, Nectar by Syntrax and their many flavors will suffice... refreshing product and a laudable alternative to the mundane protein category.

January 9, 2011

• Tastes Great
This is my first reveiw on here. I took this product after my lifts. Started using one scoop, since it was so expensive but then I bumped it up to two scoops. Nectar was easy on the stomach and tasted amazing, fuzzy navel. I look forward to trying more flavors.

Taste- 10 this was one of the best proteins I have ever had ( better than MyoFusion and Muscle Milk). I went through a 2lbs tub of fuzzy navel and it tasted amazing the whole way through. I looked forward to drinking this after every lift.

Mixability- 8 I mixed this in a shaker and had a fee clumps in it, but on a positive note the clumps tasted amazing. There was some foaming when using a shaker.

Price- 8. I wish this product was a little cheaper, but I guess you gotta pay a little more for quality products. It would also be nice if this came in a 5lb tub as well.

Effectiveness-9. My recovery while on this product was normal, nothing that stood out from other proteins. It was a great product overal and def my new post workout protein.

June 26, 2009

I, like so many of you, have tried every form and brand of protein imaginable looking for the best results for the best value. Taste has never been a big deal for me, sometimes what is good for you isnt always pleasant. However, the taste here is AWESOME, especially compared to other products. many different flavors, even cappucino, which is my favorite. It is actually made from decaf coffee, and i blend it up with ice and love it. I would compare this protein to Isopure, they are generally the same product, a whey isloate with other goodies like glutamine in the mix. Both products are very clean, exceptional forms of protein, but there are a few differences. Cost is one, Nectar is less expensive. I love the variety of flavors of Nectar and the taste difference is huge. Loved Isopure, until I was turned on to Nectar. Its cheaper, tastes better, and its a clean solid whey isolate with glutamine, so overall, this is a winner. Mixability is great, but some flavors will foam up out of control. if your looking for the best Zero Carb Protein out there, look no further. I have taken this product for quite some time and have yet to come across a better overall whey isolate.