L-Lysine Reviews

By: Sundown Naturals

L-Lysine is an Amino Acid Product manufactured by Sundown Naturals. It is an amino acid based product that doesn't fall directly into the other categories. The use can vary depending on the specific product.

Overall
Overall
  February 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:

Hello guys, I am back with a single ingredient review. I know it seems kind of boring, but I am a pretty regular user of L-lysine and I tried this and wanted to show my results. If I have a cut or a cold sore I have found that adding L-lysine helps me heal faster. I am a 45 year old guy, stressing my body with loosing weight and staying strong. Currently working out 5 to 7 days a week. Unfortunately when your stressed and family gets sick, I can get cold sores. So how did it work?

L-Lysine @ 500mg: This is a simple profile (L-Lysine Hydrochloride). Normally for cold sores for me I use 1000mg 3 to 4 times a day. For normal use I use 1000mg once per day. I normally use 1000mg pills but the store was out and these where on sale.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

These are pills and have no taste and no need to mix. The dosing is really dependent on what you are doing. They suggest 1 tablet 2 times per day on an empty stomach. As I stated above I have used it differently and haven't had any issues. If you need it you can figure it out.

This stuff works for me, I heal faster and recover from cold sores (sometimes before the blister shows up). However, these are coated pills.... The problem I found out was that sometimes part of the tablet ended up in the toilet. I guess my stomach wasn't able to eat through the coating. Which would explain why these didn't work as well as the normal uncoated ones that I use. Here is some more reading on the benefits of L-Lysine.

So here is the kicker, this stuff is cheap. I bought it on sale, and it fits into my plans easily. Besides if you are single, you don't have time for cold sores. If your married (like me) you still don't like them, as they hurt and are a pain in the butt.

As of 2/21/2018 I found the following prices. I bought mine at Walgreens last time as they where on sale then as well.

The walgreens 2 for one really makes it cheap.

Side Effects

Funny white tablets in my toilet........

Conclusion

So here is the deal, for me this is a MEH> why? They didn't dissolve as well as other products that I used. I will admit that they where way easier to swallow. Also being smaller, they are more versatile for more people. I would say that at the price I have found them that you should try them. If they work, great, you found a cheap fix to an annoying problem. If you check the toilet and see some partial tablets, you might be like me and need to use the uncoated versions. Either way, this stuff is very useful. As stated above I use it for Cold Sores (mega dose) and for healing of cuts and scraps. Also bloody noses if you tend to get a dry nose, it helps heal that as well. Bottom line is this was effective (even with not getting it all in) and has a high value, only reason it gets a meh is for me I get more from the uncoated versions.