Ranks #187 (better than 23%)
In: Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Sinister is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Strike First Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Welcome to SupplementReviews.com

The supplement industry is notorious for agressive marketing and misinformation.

bzyczek
TROOPer Level: 15
  May 4, 2017

Thanks to Strike First Nutrition for sending it out!

First I would like to thank Strike First Nutrition for sending Sinister out and let me try it, and the SR TROOP's program for giving me the opportunity to do so. I'm a 39 year old gym rat who goes usually 5 times a week. I'm progressively lifting more weights so I always turn to pre-workouts to help me achieve my goals at a better rate and at the same time help me with the pain by making me focused and relaxed.

I have to write this here because I found it so funny that I think it should be in this review ... This is straight from the tube itself ...

"Don't let the label scare you! Don't be terrified to peel off that packaging! But most importantly, don't show an ounce of fear! Instead, be FEAR itself! SINISTER was designed to make you an absolute Bad A$$ in the gym. Those weights will be weeping the second you pick them up. People will be staring; not because you're sweating like crazy, running like a savage, or that your veins look like a road mapNo! People will be staring because you ain't afraid to lift that heavy A$$ weight. They'll stare because you're making that treadmill your little b*tch!"

Only the last sentence is somewhat true ...

So this pre-workout come with a proprietary blend:

For Strengh & Pump Matrix at 2757 mg you get:

L-Taurine, Agmatine Sulfate, Di-Creatine Malate, Ascorbic Acid, L-Norvaline. and lastly Beta-Alanine.

I don't know how much of what you get ... but just looking at the profile you don't get much of anything. On paper this looks very under dosed.

For Energy at 512mg you get:

Caffeine Anhydrous, Hordenine, Pouchong Tea Extract, Syneephrine, and lastly Yohimbine HCL.

All this supposed to help you loose weight and give you energy ... Unfortunately so much that my heart was racing it was very uncomfortable. Anyone thinking about purchasing this product should do a little bit more research on these ingredients ...

Most of the ingredients in the Energy profile I would rather never have to take again ... the price of discomfort was just way to much ...

I put one scoop in 8oz of water and I'm thankful it's not any more. This product does mix well and it fully dissolves just after few turns of my spoon. Awful taste, like I would drink some chemical ... HEAVY use of dyes ... My fingers, my counter, anything it touches would turn red ... It has this distinct chemical taste that you just never can get used to ... I always dreaded the moment I had to drink this ...

The only positive I have experienced from this product in the gym is the extra stamina I have received from it. It actually does help you while you doing your cardio. I experienced a feeling of increased oxygen levels ... I didn't run out of breath as fast as I would with out this pre workout. There was no strength increase I did not notice any pump ... especially no focus or that "good feeling" like I did experience with the other pre workouts.

I do have to add that while using this product I did loose 10 pounds .. roughly two months of usage ... I'm not sure if it's all thanks to Sinister but I'm guessing it did help.

You can buy this only from the manufacturer at the price of 59.99 for a container of 50 servings. That comes out to 1.20 per serving which is not bad. I only took this one scoop at a time so it lasted me for longer than I wanted to.

Side Effects

I have a lot to say about this product in this section. First and foremost ... insomnia ... which is what I am NOT used to. I go out fast and usually sleep through the night with no issues ... When I started taking this product I either don't fall asleep quick or wake up during the night. This has been the most annoying and painful process I had to endure. I was hoping it would pass as I got used to the ingredients in this product but unfortunately it did not. What did pass after 30x times or so, were the sweats ... and the heart palpitations and the feeling of nausea ... I'm assuming this product is going to help me burn calories while I'm working out but I really don't want all of that at the price I paid.

Conclusion

I personally would NOT recommend this product to anyone of my friends. I just don't think it is worth the "pain" you have to go through to shed a pound or two. If this product was meant for fat burning I might have given it a bit more and maybe I would suggest it ... but as for as a pre-workout I say stay away from it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Stamina
  • Abnormal Heart Rate
  • Drug Like Feeling
  • Insomnia
  • Heavy Dyes
  • Cherry Lime: 3/10
pancow
TROOPer Level: 67
  April 27, 2017

Thanks to Strike First Nutrition for sending it out!

First I would like to thank Strike First Nutrition for sending Sinister out, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. A bit late on the review due to computer being repaired. This was a pretty good pre workout to have that had definitely fulfilled it's duties as a pre workout, but after enough servings of pouchong tea extract I think I'm good and ready to not be a tweeker anymore at the gym....for a bit anyways lol

You get 2 proprietary blends, which kind of scares me because of the pouchong and not even knowing how much is in this mixed with the caffeine. The strength and pump complex contained 2,758mg of ingredients ranging from Agmatine Sulfate and Di-Creatine Malate. Usually can do without the creatine in my pre workout. Really nothing fancy but the pumps were nice from agmatine sulfate.

The energy blend at 512mg makes total sense why I was tweaked out and smashing the weights out. Caffeine, pouchong tea extract, synephrine, hordenine AND yohimbine HCL. 512mg of all these ingredients means you got energy coming your way. Oh, and pouchong tea extract i basically similar to DMAA with possible nastier side effects. Research AMP Citrate for more info.

I got the cherry limeade flavor and it was pretty good! Mixed well in water and not too much settling to complain about. Dosing was just one scoop for me, but honestly sometimes I trained morning and night that day so ended up being two scoops just spread out haha

Energy is the primary thing I noticed. About 30 mins after using this the beta alanine tingles began to subside and were replaced with me freaking pacing around the place taking in air to keep my heart at rest on some days especially during starting powerlift movements. Not necessarily a bad thing if used to it, but definitely not for the new to stims type peeps.

Made me sweat like crazy and was perfect to plow through exercises with x4 sets and x12 reps. Getting that muscle building going was basically no issue while using Sinister. Pumps were nice and had good muscle fullness and some veins popping. Muscle endurance lasted well keeping me going for two hours and strength was good enough to move about 10 more pounds than usual.

Found this for $59.99 on Strike First Nutrition website and $49.99 on Flex It Nutrition. Not sure how to look at this because we had some issues with this supplement distributor here on SR before, but regardless the container contains 50 servings, so either price is fine but I just can't really go off of FIN price because nobody else sells this product. 60 bucks for 50 servings is a good deal, but one container and I'm sure you'll call it good for a bit also.

Side Effects

Crashing after workout

Insane heart rate when doing heavy lifts

Conclusion

All together a solid stim based pre workout that has 50 servings each tub. Do think it's a bit much on the stim side, and that's from a person who's used many haha thanks for sending Sinister out Strike First Nutrition.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Skin Tingles
  • Muscle Pumps
  • Insane Energy
  • Increased Focus
  • Strength