(Better than 93% in Weight Loss > Thermogenics)

Steel Sweat is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by SteelFit. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Overall
Thanks to SteelFit for sending it out!
  September 23, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Brings The Heat!
  • Transparent Label
  • Trademarked Ingredients Used
  • No Side Effects
  • Increased Sweat
  • No Real Preworkout Or Appetite Support

A great thermogenic, but needs extra support for well rounded workouts.

Hey SR, knocking out a review for the thermogenic Steel Sweat by Steelfit. Being on a cut, this caught my eye. Of course when you're cutting, exercise and caloric (and carb for me) intake is where you're going to see your results, but certain products can really help and speed things up a bit. Thermogenics have been hit and miss for me, but do enjoy when I find a good one that really raises my body temp and metabolism to shed a few extra pounds. This turned out to be a good one. On to the review.

I really liked the ingredient profile of this product as it included a ton of different ingredients, several in patented form. I really like the 1 g of carnitine, but question such a small dose of green tea at 50 mg. Then we have a variety of thermogenics and metabolism boosters in Capiastra (sweet pepper extract), grains of paradise, Capros gooseberry extract, ginger root, and GBBGO a patented form of GBB. This profile also includes a small dose of 100 mg of caffeine, which should be a nice boost but not really anything in terms of a preworkout or fat burner. Overall, with a few question marks this looks like a nice combo of thermogenic ingredients.

This was a powder that mixed very well y itself or with another product (bcaas, preworkout). Dosing can vary but I always took before I hit the gym or sipped throughout. The flavor I had was strawberry mango and it was very nice as it was a combo of spicy and sweet. You get the sweet upfront and then a nice lingering spiciness from the pepper on your tongue after. I really enjoyed it.

Overall, this is a very effective thermogenic but not sure I could use it just by itself. I took it in two different ways, sometimes I would dump it in my preworkout and other times I would sip on it throughout my workouts by itself or in my intra bcaas. Honestly, it worked great both ways and during my workouts and/or cardio I noticed a big difference in body temp and sweat production. Over the course of the month I took this my weight loss did accelerate some and I became more defined and the couple target areas I have left in lower abs and love handles shrunk some. Of course diet and exercise were the main factors but I felt this definitely helped. The only reason I say this can't be a standalone is with the limited caffeine and ingredient profile it doesn't really help with your endurance or workouts like a preworkout does. It also doesn't help like fat burners in appetite control, nootropic support etc. This really helps as a thermogenic, but that's about it. So even though it's great at what it does, it's more of an add on for me than a staple.

Another reason this could be considered a luxury item, as it's $35 for 30 servings. Even though it's great at what it does and has a lot of patented ingredients, for this price I would like a more well rounded product that helps in a couple more areas.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're looking for a can't miss thermogenic in terms of heat and sweat, this is it. For workouts and other fat burning support you will still need other products.

Other Prices:
SteelFit   $44.95

Overall
Thanks to SteelFit for sending it out!
  August 24, 2018

• Low % Of Active Ingredients

From the brand:
Metabolic Catalyst + Energy*
Helps Increase Fat Oxidation and Perspiration*

Steel Sweat Metabolic Catalyst allows you to increase performance in aerobic exercise while protecting the body against oxidative stress and aiding in recovery.* Steel Sweat contains potent ingredients which are known to increase thermogenesis, boost metabolism, optimize energy expenditure, increase fat oxidation and perspiration.*
Features and Benefits
Boosts Metabolism*
Increases Thermogenesis*
Enhances Cardio Performance*
Water Loss*

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

Let me begin by thanking SteelFit for their continued participation here on SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to try and review many of the products they offer. My thoughts today are going to be their relatively new thermogenic/metabolic catalyst product Steel Sweat. I remember seeing the announcement for this product on Stack3d.com, thought it looked interesting and made a mental note to do a little research and possibly give it a try. Within the same day after seeing this announcement, SteelFit made this product available for the TROOPer program. Thankfully a bottle was still available when the opening got down to my level and I picked one up.

I was about to claim a similar product currently in the TROOP vault from another brand but was hesitant because of its mixed reviews from the TROOPers who have already tried it. Being as I had a good experience with another product from SteelFit (Hydra Steel https://supplementreviews.com/steelfit/hydra-steel/review/water-gone-55509) previously, I decided this was the one to try instead of the other one available. I planned on using this supplement specifically for LISS cardio workouts either in the morning or late afternoon. This will also be my first experience with two relatively new ingredients included in this product, Gamma-Butyrobetaine Hydrochloride (GBB) and Grain of Paradise Seed Extract (Aframum Melegueta) (Paradoxine). Let's see how it went.

As with many products that I have seen from SteelFit, the supplement facts panel for Steel Sweat is fully disclosed. As I mentioned in the intro, the two ingredients that peaked my interest with this product is the GBB and Paradoxine. Those seem to be the new talk of the town in the supplement industry when it comes to weight loss/fat burner ingredients that are effective. I also like that this product does not include a huge dose of caffeine when compared to similar 'fat burners". Only 100mg of caffeine per scoop seems like a nice addition to this product to give you a little hit of energy without pushing you towards a cracked-out or wired feeling. Lastly, I am happy to see that this product used the trademarked versions of multiple ingredients; giving me the confidence that quality was not short-changed in the manufacturing of this supplement.

As a side note, I am not thrilled about the percentage of active ingredients compared to the inactive fillers. Each 5 gram scoop contains approximately 1.7 grams of active ingredients (~34%). The remaining 66% of the product is in the "other ingredients" section for flavoring, sweeteners and artificial colors. I much prefer a product that has a higher percentage of actives and less fillers but I know there has to be some compromise with the company when trying to flavor certain ingredients in this supplement. However, artificial colors need to go! There is no use for them in this product and the company limits the market for those who refuse to buy artificially colored products.

Below is a breakdown of each ingredient with the information provided by the brand via their website:

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid): A water-soluble vitamin and powerful antioxidant, Vitamin C helps the body form and maintain connective tissue, including bones, blood vessels, and skin while also supporting carnitine synthesis.

Niacin (Vitamin B3): Like other B vitamins, Niacin helps the body break down carbohydrates, fats and proteins into energy. Vitamin B3 is a water-soluble vitamin important for lipid metabolism and gives a warming effect to the skin.

Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride): Vitamin B6 is necessary for proper nerve function and for metabolizing nutrients. It also helps to support carnitine synthesis and mitochondrial function.

Dipotassium Phosphate: A highly water-soluble salt that acts as a potassium source to replenish what is lost from sweating.

Sodium (as Sodium Chloride): Regulates muscle contraction and nerve function while acting as a sodium and chloride source to replenish what is lost from sweating.

L-Carnitine Tartrate: L-Carnitine is an essential, non-toxic, natural nutrient that helps burn fat for fuel. This form of carnitine is known for having excellent bioavailability and provides cellular energy and recovery from exercise. L-Carnitine Tartrate absorbs more rapidly than L-Carnitine when taken orally, making it useful for time critical situations like before cardio activity.

Evodiamine Fruit Extract (Evodia Rutaecarpa): Used in traditional Chinese medicine as a warming technique, Evodiamine mimics the characteristic anti-obese effects induced by capsaicin. Evodiamine may induce heat loss and heat production at the same time and dissipate food energy, preventing the accumulation of perivisceral fat and the body weight increase.

Caffeine Anhydrous: One of the most commonly used stimulants among athletes. It provides stimulation of the central nervous system to support alertness and energy during a workout and can support strength for some during resistance exercise. An increase in wakefulness, focus, better body coordination and can increase performance in cardiovascular and anaerobic exercise.

Gamma-Butyrobetaine Hydrochloride (GBBGO): A precursor to L-Carnitine, GBBGO may naturally increase the production of L-Carnitine by your body. Increasing natural L-Carnitine not only aids in fat burning but also has the potential to enhance exercise performance and recovery!

Grain of Paradise Seed Extract (Aframum Melegueta) (Paradoxine): A spice belonging to the ginger family that stimulates brown adipose tissue, boosting metabolism and increasing thermogenesis while decreasing visceral fat in the lower abdomen.

Green Tea Extract (Camellia Sinensis) (80% Catechins & 50% EGCG): Green Tea contains a combination of vitamins, minerals, and caffeine. Most of Green Tea's health benefits can be attributed to active ingredients known as polyphenols and catechins - plant compounds with strong antioxidant activity. The most potent of these polyphenols is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)-the compound most responsible for green tea's reputation as a fat burner. Green Tea has been shown to improve metabolic rate and increase the body's heat production and fat oxidation.

Alpha Lipoic Acid: Known as The Universal Antioxidant, enhances mitochondrial function with a strong antioxidant effect, supporting the functions of L-Carnitine and promoting muscle cell nutrient intake and protein turnover. Alpha Lipoic Acid also helps shift glucose into muscles and away from fat cells, increasing energy and reducing stored fat.

Capros Indian Gooseberry Fruit Extract (Phyllanthus Emblica) (standardized to minimum 60% tannins): Capros is a super antioxidant (ORACFN of 47,000 moles TE/g) and an excellent cardiovascular support product, which is all natural, derived from the edible fruits of Phyllanthus emblica, organic and non-GMO. Capros has been shown to promote endothelial function, thereby supporting healthy arteries and blood vessels.

Ginger Root Extract (Zingiber Officinale Roscoe): Ginger is a root herb from the tropical plant Zingiber Officinale. Known for its sharp scent, it has long been an important culinary spice in Asian cuisine and herbal medicine. Ginger seems to influence body weight and composition by boosting the body's thermogenesis and energy expenditure, increasing the breakdown of fat in adipose tissue, and reducing the absorption of dietary fat in the intestine.

Dihydrocapsiate (from Sweet Peppers) (CapsiAtra): A compound found in CH-19 Sweet Peppers that activates the sympathetic nervous system via receptors in the GI Tract to Increase Resting Energy Expenditure (REE) and Increase Fat Oxidation (Lipolysis).

Taste >> This product currently is available in three flavors and I was most interested in the strawberry mango or cherry lemonade flavors. The SteelFit rep came through and sent me the strawberry mango flavor and it is delicious! When drinking a scoop, the first taste and smell you get from this flavor is very tropical, as I would expect with these two fruits mixed together. However, that tropical sensation is quickly replaced with a spicy/peppery taste in the back of your throat. It does not hurt nor is it uncomfortable, just surprising if you are not expecting it. The brand also warns of this happening on the label in the dosing instructions. Since each scoop is only mixed in six to eight ounces of water, it is gone in a few sips and you are ready to get started. The spicy/peppery taste does linger for about five to ten minutes after you finish drinking but it was not uncomfortable or hindering for me in any way.

Mixability >> Since each scoop of this product is relatively small at five grams, mixability was not an issue. I typically used between the six and eight ounces of water for each scoop and a couple of shakes had everything mixed. If left to sit, some sinkers would begin to appear but nothing outrageous or out of the ordinary. Just another shake or swirl between sips was all that I needed to do.

Dosing >> Per the brand: As a dietary supplement, mix one serving (one level scoop) of Steel Sweat with 6-8 fl. oz. of cold water (adjust for taste preferences). Stir or shake well and consume 15-30 minutes before cardio or weight training. To further enhance your performance while training, it is recommended to drink plenty of water and/or a performance beverage such as Steel Fuel to stay hydrated. Do not consume Steel Sweat within 4 hours prior to bedtime. Some individuals may experience a harmless warming sensation in their throat after consuming the product, which is attributed to the Grains of Paradise.

Now to the most important part of this review, did the product perform as advertised? Why yes, yes it did! Some background information to keep in mind while reading this portion, I only used this as a cardio supplement even though the brand says that it can also be used prior to weight training. All of my cardio done during this supplement run was low intensity, steady state (LISS) on a treadmill. This was also done in a fasted state with no solid food in my stomach for at least 12 hours. Sometimes I may have had some BCAAs before but that was on rare occasions. The brand does not specifically say to take this on an empty stomach or with food, so I would say experiment and see what works best for you and your schedule.

My experiences with this product were noticeable within 15 minutes after finishing my scoop. I would consume this right before I was ready to get on the treadmill and by the time I put my shoes and socks on, I could already feel some warmth moving throughout my body. At the beginning, it was most noticeable around my chest, back and stomach. As I started my cardio session, the heat picked up its intensity and started to spread to all parts of my body. At this point, nothing was uncomfortable for me but I could tell that something was different because of taking this supplement.

As my cardio session crossed the 15 minute mark, the beads of sweat started to appear all over my body. Prior to taking this supplement, I would not start to noticeably sweat until at least 30 minutes into the session and mainly only from my under-arms and lower back. While using Steel Sweat, I was perspiring from my head down to my knees! Places where I would never sweat from before, like my upper back and shoulders, started to drip just from LISS cardio. I could only imagine the effects of this product if used during higher intensity cardio or while lifting weights.

I did notice the effects started to fade a little when this supplement was used on a daily basis. After about two weeks of using a scoop a day, I noticed the sweating was a little less intense and nowhere close to my first experience where I was dripping everywhere. I'm not sure if this was because my body built up a little tolerance to some of the ingredients or my body became more efficient at cooling itself during cardio. This issue was corrected by taking a few days off of the supplement after a few weeks of continuous use. If you are someone who will only use this sparingly, this issue may not occur.

The last bit of information I want to include about effectiveness is I had no undesired carry over effects from this product after finishing my cardio session. When I finished my session, which normally last about an hour, I would not continue sweating or feeling warm as I went about the rest of my day. Reading some reviews of a similar product; people would sometimes continue sweating or feeling warm hours after taking the supplement when they were at work or just trying to go about their daily lives. That is one of the side effects that made me hesitant about trying the other product and I am glad that Steel Sweat did not have those effects for me.

At the moment, it looks like the only place to purchase Steel Sweat is from the SteelFit website (https://steelfitusa.com/product/steel-sweat/). The current price listed is $34.95 per 30 serving tub. That pricing brings each scoop in at just over one dollar, which is not too bad of a deal for a product like this, especially since it did not have any negative side effects for me. That price is higher than the other similar supplement I was thinking about trying, but that one seems to also carry the risk of some undesirable effects. As this product becomes available at more outlets across the web, the price may decrease slightly, thereby making it an even better deal when compared to the competition.

In the big picture of training and supplementation, a product like Steel Sweat is likely going to be a third tier supplement for most people. First tier would be products like a protein powder and pre-workout. Second tier may be an amino acid product and something like a fish oil or multi vitamin. Once you have all those supplements taken care of and if there's still some money left in your budget to spend, a fat burning/cardio supplement like this would be a good option.

Side Effects

There were no negative side effects that I experienced with this product. As noted and expected, you will probably sweat A LOT after taking this and doing some type of physical activity. Just be aware of that if you work out in a public gym and are self-conscious about how others may look or perceive you when you are sweating up a storm. Also, please be sure to have a towel handy so you can wipe down the machines and benches after using them as a courtesy to others. No one wants to wallow is your sweat puddles while trying to work out.

There is also a little bit of caffeine included in each scoop, so be cautious of taking this too close to your bedtime. Lastly, since this will likely make you sweat more, don't forget to drink more water to stay hydrated and don't forget about those electrolytes

Conclusion

To sum up my thoughts on Steel Sweat, I am very happy with this product as it produced the effects and results that I expected. It has a fully disclosed label with hefty doses of some key ingredients while still tasting good and not being a chore to drink; likely thanks to the large percentage of fillers included. The effects came on quickly, lasted the desired amount of time I needed and left me with no side effects afterwards that would have inhibited the rest of my day. There was a slight decrease in the effects after multiple weeks of continuous use, but a short break solved that issue. The price is a little higher than some competing products but the dosages are better and there were no side effects, which is a trade-off I am willing to make. With the supplement being so new, that downside may change as more online retailers pick up this product. If you want to increase the intensity of your cardio or weight training workouts and "get your sweat on", this is definitely a supplement worth trying.

Once again, thank you to SteelFit and SR.com for making this review possible. I am glad I waited to claim this supplement instead of going with the other one available. I looked forward to using a scoop each day and will pick up some bottles to try the other flavors available.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.
  • Strawberry Mango: 9/10