Steel Pump Reviews

By: SteelFit

Pre-Workout > Pump
Steel Pump is a Pump Product manufactured by SteelFit. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

September 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Focus
  • Great Pumps
  • Needs A Little Higher Dosage With Some Ingredients

Steel Pump is a strong, high quality pre workout formulation that delivers in all areas of the pre workout window, allowing you to crush the iron each and every training session.

A special thanks to Steelfit for their continued participation here in SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their pre workout Steel Pump. Pre workouts are useful for ensuring that we are able to have the fuel and drive needed to perform at our best through our training session or any sporting occasion. I've used more pwo supplements than I can count so I new what I desired when I gave Steel Pump a try.

The profile is fully disclosed with all ingredients listed and dosage specified. Each serving size is one full scoop.

Ther profile begins with a small dosage of electrolytes and one gram of fat. The fat is derived from a source of MCT oil, which I'll note further in the discussion.

The core profile starts with a the "Steel Pump Performance MAtrix". This matrix contains 3,000mg of L-citrulline malate, 2,500mg of betaine anhydrous, 1,600mg of beta alanine, 450mg of adenosine-5-triphosphate disodium (PEAK ATP and a form of oral ATP supplementation), 300mg of ashwagandha extract, 200mg of grape seed extract, and 50mg of l-glutathione. All of these ingredients are well known for their individual benefits that include increasing energy, improving pump, bettering endurance, and combating free radical damage.

Following is the "Steel Pump Energy And Focus Blend". This blend contains 1,000mg of MCT (coconut oil, the 1g of fat), 300mg of caffeine anhydrous, 200mg of l-theanine, and 150mg of Alpha-GPC. Again, ingredients well known for their benefits, but more targeted in the energy and focus area.

Overall, a solid profile, but I think some ingredients could be dosed a little higher. Particularly, I would like more beta alanine and l-citrulline.

I received the watermelon lemonade. I personally enjoyed it. It had a good combination of sweetness and tartness without any overpowering aroma or chemical aftertaste.

It mixed fine in water or a powerade zero.

As with all pre workouts, I dosed this as you would expect. I took one scoop mixed with water or a powerade zero and drank it about 20 minutes before my workout.

Energy (8/10). I got a great level of energy from Steel Pump. The energy was strong, clean, consistent, and did not result in a crash at the end of my workout. I got no jitters or dirty wired up feelings.

Pump (8/10): Steel Pump definitely lives up to that name. I got some great pumps and vascularity during all my sessions and as usual, they were most prominent during my high volume intervals. Had more prominent veins peaking out all over my body and a better looking swole definition feel throughout.

Focus (7/10): Focus was notably improved. I had the coveted "train and ignore anything else" mindset, with my attention targeted primarily at all of my training movements and interval objections with each set.

Endurance (7/10): I was surprised here to be honest. My fatigue was significantly reduced and I was training longer and harder throughout each sessions. I was lifting between sets with less rest and more reps, running longer on cardio days, and punching with more force on boxing training day sessions.

Overall, Steel Fit delivered in all areas to a high degree.

Steel Pump goes for 39.95 where ever sold. That is a little on the high side, but to me, that is usually around the average price of most popular pre workouts on today's market. Plus, Steel Pump is highly effective, while giving a full thirty days supply with 30 servings. So, the value is improved on that note. In short, the value is good for this product, but I would be on the watch for sales and deals.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While you'll wanna lookout for a cheaper price when the opportunity presents, Steel Pump is a high calibre and effective pre workout that provide the extra drive you'll want to crush each one of your training sessions. It helps increase energy, focus, endurance, and pumps to a significant degree and have you attacking the iron like you should.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!!
  • Watermelon Lemonade: 8/10

April 4, 2018

• Could Be Cheaper

Big thanks to Steel Fit for giving me the opportunity to review Steel Pump. I don't really use pump pre-workouts because I train with low reps. However I was on a deload of sorts focusing on hypertrophy and strength imbalances. When I checked out the TROOP dashboard and did some research Steel Pump was the most intriguing product.

The ingredient profile features 11 main ingredients/broken up into two categories. Each ingredient/dosage is fully transparent which is important so I know exactly what I'm putting into my body.

Steel Pump Performance Matrix

MCT Powder 1000mg
Caffeine Anhydrous 300mg
L-Theanine 200mg
Alpha GPC 150mg

Instead of going over each ingredient on here - SteelFit does that for you on their website here: https://steelfitusa.com/product/steel-pump/

One nice things about this list of ingredients is that I've heard of each one and they are backed by research. It was also a nice touch to add caffeine to a pump pre-workout with so many being stim-free.

Taste: For this review I received the Blue Raspberry flavor which is one of three currently available. It had a real real strong blue raspberry taste but I'm not complaining since thats one of my favorite flavors. There was a slight chemical taste but nothing overpowering. Overall I'd give taste an 8/10.

Mixability: No issues whatsoever in regards to mixability - there was no clumping or settlement at anytime.

Dosing: I followed the instructions on the container by mixing one scoop with 8 oz of water 15-30 min before training. There really is no need to use more than one scoop given the dosages & effectiveness.

In terms of effectiveness this hit on all of the categories I could think of. The first being an increase in energy - yes I know its a "pump" pre-workout but it dished out a solid increase. From start to finish I had extra energy which got me through some tough training sessions. There was never a crash or having a case of the jitters... 300mg seemed perfect to me. Next was the pumps - for me pump pre-workouts have been hit or miss when I have used them. This happened to be a hit for me. I had a balloon like effect and my veins were poppin and that sensation stayed with me well past my training sessions. Next was performance/endurance- I felt like SteelPump helped increase my performance levels enough to allow me to train faster while taking less rest between sets (energizer bunny effect). There were some lifts that did feel a little easier while using SteelPump but nothing over the top since I was training for hypertrophy. Overall my time using SteelPump was really solid with very little negatives to add.

There are two places you can purchase SteelPump for $39.95: SteelFit & Amazon websites. Each tub contains 30 servings so your looking at a price of around $1.33 per serving. The price is a bit high for me, I'd like to see it around $30-35 per tub. I'm guessing the current price point is due to it not being widely available. At $30-35 a tub I could see myself buying a few tubs for my hypertrophy sessions since the effectiveness was great.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion SteelPump gets a thumbs up from me! I highly recommend giving this a try if your looking at pump products. The only negative i could think of was the price for some people. Given this company is pretty new still and not widely available the price might come down in the future. Once again I want to thank SteelFit for participating in the SR TROOP Program.
  • Blue Raspberry: 8/10

6.8
  March 29, 2018

• Endurance Boost
  • Could Be Cheaper

What is up guys? I've got a pump pre-workout for you today. The name itself 'STEEL PUMP' is the real reason it caught my eye. I'd like to thank SR and SteelFit for making this review possible. Let's dive right in.

I'd like to start off by mentioning that there are NO PROP BLENDS in this product! This makes the process of identifying clinical doses so much easier. Heres are some of the highlights from the label:

Citrulline Malate: 3000mg This is a 'good serving' however not a clinical dose. The clinical dose of citrulline malate comes at about 6000mg, so we are only getting out half that here. This is the main pump ingredient in this product. Citrulline malate has always given me my best vascularity during workouts whether I was lifting for strength or volume.

Betaine: 2000mg This is one of the most overlooked supplements in my opinion. It doesn't get the praise of beta-alanine or the other flashy ingredients but it should! Here's a quote from an article by Jim Stoppani, "Other researchers have found that betaine supplementation helped lifters complete more total reps in bench press workouts, pedal with more power in cycling workouts, and sprint for almost 40 seconds longer than subjects drinking just water. Like the similar-sounding beta-alanine, it has also been suggested to significantly lower levels of lactate, which can delay muscular fatigue and allow athletes to train harder, for longer."

Beta-Alanine: 1600mg This is the endurance juggernaut of many pre-workouts. This is probably my favorite supplement because of the tingly sensation that it can give you. I don't get tingles, however until I take the clinical dose of 3.2g pre-workout. I'm still very happy ro see 1.6g on the label.

Peak ATP: 450mg The key benefits to Peak ATP are 'Increase Total Strength, Increase Vertical, Jump Power, Increase Lean Body Mass, Increase Muscle Thickness, Improve Blood Flow, and to Reduce Muscle Fatigue. This stuff definitely gives you a more energized feeling and is backed by some science/ tests.

Caffeine: 300mg This is the perfect amount of caffeine to jump start my workout. It's just enough to give me a boost without shutting me down.

Taste: Blue Raspberry was very pleasant to drink. Definitely a solid 8/10 on the flavor scale. I never had a bad sip.
Mixibility: I never had any mixing issues while using this product. I used a classic blender bottle with 8 ounces of water.
Dosage: I used 1 serving 15 mins before my workout and found that to be my sweet spot.

The main takeaways I got from this product were energy and pump. The caffeine got me going and the peak ATP kept me going with that clean sustainable energy feel. The pumps were very good. My vascularity was as good as its ever been during every single one of my workouts. I'm not gonna give all the credit to this product but I will say that I hit multiple PRs on my bench press on days that I was 'tired/groggy' or just not at peak rest with this pre-workout. I can usually tell when I wake up in the morning whether I'm gonna have a good workout in the afternoon or not because I know my body that well. This stuff made me have above average workouts on days that I was just happy that I made it to the gym. I was very pleased with my experience with this product.

This stuff is only sold on the manufacturer's website and amazon.com
It goes for $39.95 which is $1.33 per serving. This isn't horrible but I could get higher quality pre-workouts for the same price or a little bit less.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a pretty good pre-workout that could be priced a little better! It is a newer company so perhaps once the product gets to other stores the overall price will also go down.

9.2
  March 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Endurance
  • Better Stamina
  • Better Focus

First off I want to thank Steelfit for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This is a fairly newer company and before they put their products on the trooper list I had not heard of this company before. Before I ever claim a product I like to check them out first to see what the ingredient profile is like and after seeing it I was rather impressed and wanted to try it. This is a fairly well loaded pre-workout that will really help you in a lot of different areas. With this being my first ever product from them I was rather impressed with how this worked for me.

This has a pretty good list of some really good ingredients and dosed at some pretty good dosages. I like that they use no prop blends in this and list everything you are getting in this. There are two main categories this is made up of. First you get your Performance Matrix and second you get your energy and focus blend. You can check out what's in both of these two sections down below where I posted the ingredient profile for this.

I really like that they use Peak ATP in this. This helps to optimize athletic performance through three distinct mechanisms of action: 1) ATP increases muscular excitability resulting in significant gains in strength and power, 2) ATP increases blood flow, resulting in improved oxygen and nutrient delivery to the muscle and 3) ATP is involved in anabolic signaling, resulting in increased lean body mass and muscle thickness.

The key benefits to Peak ATP:
    Increase Total Strength
    Increase Vertical Jump Power
    Increase Lean Body Mass
    Increase Muscle Thickness
    Improve Blood Flow
    Reduce Muscle Fatigue

Here are some of the proven active ingredients I found listed on their website that I thought would be good to share on here.
    Adenosine 5-Triphosphate Disodium (PEAK ATP): A clinically validated and patented form of Adenosine 5'-Triphosphate (ATP) Disodium shown to significantly increase strength and power, aid in recovery, reduce fatigue and improve blood flow.

Ashwagandha Root Standardized Extract (Withania Somnifera) (5% withanolides) (KSM-66): Ashwagandha, also known as Withania Somnifera or Indian Ginseng, is a powerful adaptogen that promotes balance in the body. KSM-66 Ashwagandha is the highest-quality ashwagandha extract on the world market today and has been clinically proven to reduce stress, improve memory and cognition, improve sexual performance, enhance sports performance and control weight management.

L-Citrulline Malate: A non-essential amino acid, playing a key role in the Urea Cycle, which is the process whereby the body eliminates toxic byproducts of digesting protein and generating cellular energy. L-Citrulline Malate serves as an important component in the tricarboxylic (or TCA) cycle, which is one way your body produces energy. When you increase malate levels, you increase energy production. Therefore, citrulline malate provides the one-two punch of bringing additional blood-and subsequently, oxygen and nutrients-to exercising muscles, as well as providing increased energy to boost performance levels.

Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine): A non-essential amino acid derived from beets that aids in joint and liver repair, joint building, and liver protection. Studies show that it boosts strength and power, increases growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) levels, and even acts like the body's own production of creatine. Research suggests that it may also support faster recovery from injury and inflammation.

Beta-Alanine: A non-essential amino acid that is produced naturally in the liver. It improves muscle buffering capacity, delaying the onset of fatigue during anaerobic exercise.

Grape Seed Extract (Vitis Vinifera) (95% Proanthocyanidins): A potent antioxidant that directly helps the structural integrity of collagen anywhere in your body as well as the structure of your brain networks. It also helps to sustain optimal energy production and calorie burning. Grape Seed Extract improves the metabolism of pyruvate, a sugar-breakdown product, thereby improving carbohydrate metabolism. Pyruvate metabolism becomes very important once muscles no longer maintain optimal aerobic energy production and begin switching to anaerobic energy production.

L-Glutathione: A tri-peptide comprised from one amino acid of glutamic acid, cysteine and glycine. Glutathione is found and manufactured in every cell in the body but is found in highest concentrations in the heart, muscle tissue and the liver. Glutathione is essential for immune system function and muscle growth, and any athlete who is glutathione deficient will suffer from decreased performance and a lack of muscle growth.

Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) Powder (Coconut Oil): A form of saturated fatty acid that has numerous health benefits, ranging from improved cognitive function to better weight management. MCTs are burned by the body for energy, or "fuel," instead of being stored as fat.

Caffeine Anhydrous: One of the most commonly used stimulants among athletes. It provides stimulation of the central nervous system to support alertness and energy during a workout and can support strength for some during resistance exercise.

L-Theanine: A non-dietary amino acid that has the ability to increase the concentration of glycogen in the liver, which is used as fuel when you work out. It also increases nitric oxide production, which in turn improves blood flow and oxygen delivery to your muscles.

Alpha GPC (L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine): A naturally-occurring compound that contains choline, an essential nutrient with a wide range of roles in human health. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter involved in memory function, neuro-muscular interaction, and other processes. Higher acetylcholine levels allow the brain to function more efficiently which leads to intense focus and concentration, improving mind-muscle connection.

Electrolyte Blend: Electrolytes are minerals present in the body that have an electric charge. They are especially relevant to exercise because they control how much water the body has, blood acidity, and muscle function. Electrolytes are lost in sweat, which explains why intense exercise can lead to problems such as dehydration.
    Magnesium: Prevents muscle cramps.
    Potassium: Provides cardiac muscle support.
    Sodium: Regulates muscle contraction and nerve function

The flavor I had was watermelon lemonade. It was not to bad. It does not have a real strong taste to it. I did notice just a slight chemical taste to it but nothing to bad. It was nothing to overly sweet or tart tasting at all. I would like maybe just a little strong taste to it. You should have no real problem at all wanting to drink this.

Mixing was no problem at all. Seemed to mix pretty well. It does have a light pinkish color to it when mixed. You get no left over sediment or anything stuck to the sides of your shaker cup. All you need is one scoop pre-workout. They say to take 15-30mins before workout. With so many different things in this and dosed at pretty good amounts there is no real need to go with more than one scoop.

What I noticed right away from this was the energy this gave me. This has 300mg of caffeine per scoop. I like to get between 300-350mg max. I thought the energy I got from this was really good. This gave me a nice clean smooth like energy. Once it hit me I could feel it kick in and it seemed to last me for a long time and really helped me get through my workouts a lot better. I usually workout for about 2 hours or so and by the end of my workouts I could still feel I had a little bit of energy left. This won't hit you real hard and make you feel all jittery then fade away shortly after that. It hits you nicely and lasts a long time which I really liked. My overall endurance and stamina from this was a lot better and felt I could just keep going and not feel that muscle fatigue set in where I could tell it was time to be done. A lot of the times at the end of my workout I felt I could still keep going a bit longer if I needed or wanted to. The pumps I got from this were decent I thought. Nothing that was to strong or painful like. I always seemed to be able to notice some kind of pump this gave me and it seemed to last awhile instead of just hitting me right away and then go away.

I feel my overall performance from this was really good and felt that through out my run on this I really improved a lot on my lifts and because of that I was starting to lift some heavier weight and doing it with a lot more ease than I normally would. Since I am trying to bulk more I noticed a little more size I was putting on and I seemed to notice a little more fullness in my muscles. My overall body just felt so much better and the metal focus this gave me was pretty good. I felt that once I would get locked into my workouts I was ready to go after it. I felt I was able to block out a lot of other distractions and really focus a lot more on my workout for that day. I felt I could just keep going from one lift to the next and not have little things distract me and slow me down. I like to keep going and take very little time between my sets so I can get a better pump and feel it better so I can build more muscle mass. I think with the use of PEAK ATP this a big plus and really works well for me and helped a lot in my overall performance.

I felt this was really good on my stomach. I never had any issues with this giving me any kind of an upset stomach. Usually if a product has to many ingredients or certain stuff in it I will sometimes get a little bit of an upset stomach but that never happened with this which was nice.

The cheapest I am finding this for is $39.95 on amazon.com for 30 servings. Same price on their website also. This is a newer company so you are not going to really find this any where else yet. I am hoping other sites at some point start carrying their product line so the price can go down a little. Right now the price is a little high I think. I would like to see this get down to around $30 if possible $35 at most.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was a pretty solid pre-workout and really helped me a lot. This has a lot of really good stuff in this to help you in a lot of different areas. I like that this is not just all stims and nothing else but there is stuff to help you with more of your overall performance. For this being a newer company I think they did an outstanding job on this product. I found this to be very effective and would for sure use this again. You want a solid pre-workout that really works well I would highly recommend this product for sure. After using this I would have to say that this is probably one of the better pre-workouts I have used. What I would like to see is this hopefully at some point make it to a few other sites so you can buy it from them and possibly get it a little cheaper. The only thing I would maybe like to see added to this would be creatine but that is just my opinion. Again I want to give a big shout out to SteelFit for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
    • Watermelon Lemonade: 7/10