Shredded Steel Reviews

By: SteelFit

Shredded Steel is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by SteelFit. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to SteelFit for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Many Trademarked Ingredients Used
  • Fat Reduction
  • Raises Body Heat
  • Increased Metabolism
  • Makes A Good Sweat
  • Low Caffeine Content
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Broken Capsules
  • Lost Servings
  • Artificial Colors
  • Contains Yohimbe

From the brand:

What It Is
A powerful fat burning, thermogenic weight loss supplement scientifically formulated to help you shed unwanted body fat.*

What It Does
Shredded Steel delivers a precise combination of six research-backed, patented ingredients, along with other all-natural compounds which are known to accelerate fat burning, boost metabolism, increase energy levels, enhance mental focus and clarity, and suppress appetite.*

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

Let me begin by thanking SteelFit for their continued participation here on SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to try and review many of the products they offer. As with many new supplements that hit the market, I first learned of Shredded Steel through the guys over at Stack3d.com and PricePlow.com. Seeing some new ingredients on the label piqued my interest and I knew this was something that I wanted to give a go if the opportunity was available. Please read on if you are interested in my experiences with this product.

There is an image of the supplement facts panel included at the bottom of this review and all of the details about each ingredient were taken from the SteelFit USA product webpage (https://steelfitusa.com/product/shredded-steel/). If you would like some additional details about one or more of the ingredients, the PricePlow website did a further breakdown and explanation of the formula which can be found here: https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/steelfit-shredded-steel

L-Carnitine Tartrate: An incredibly bioavailable form of carnitine proven in scientific studies to support weight loss, athletic performance, and even recovery from exercise. Research notes that L-Carnitine Tartrate increases fat oxidation during exercise, which has the added effect of sparing muscle glycogen, allowing you to save it for later in the workout when it's needed for the final push.*

Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine): A metabolite of choline (an essential nutrient needed for brain health) that is naturally occurring in beets. Betaine serves many vital functions in the body, but none is more important than its role as a "methyl donor." Betaine contains three methyl groups and donates one of them to methylate homocysteine into the essential amino acid methionine. Betaine also has been noted to impart many other health benefits, including improving cognition and cardiovascular function as well as supporting liver health. Betaine has also been shown to support athletic performance, increasing strength, power, and lean mass. And, it's even been shown to reduce body fat while increasing muscle mass, too.*

Ashwagandha Root Standardized Extract (Withania Somnifera) (5% withanolides) (KSM-66): Ashwagandha, also known as Withania Somnifera or Indian Ginseng, is a powerful adaptogen that promotes balance in the body. KSM-66 Ashwagandha is the highest-quality ashwagandha extract on the world market today and has been clinically proven to reduce stress, improve memory and cognition, improve sexual performance, enhance sports performance and control weight management.*

Caffeine Anhydrous: One of the most commonly used stimulants among athletes. Caffeine ignites the central nervous system, setting off a flurry of activity that increases energy levels, boosts mood, and stimulates the metabolism, helping you burn more calories and feel better while doing it. Caffeine even helps reduce your appetite, eliminate the temptation to cheat and ruin your diet.*

Theacrine (as TeaCrine): Developed by Compound Solutions, TeaCrine is a chemical cousin of caffeine derived from Kucha. TeaCrine provides smooth, long-lasting energy that pairs well with the immediate energy burst of caffeine to form an energy high that lasts for hours on end. One other huge benefit to TeaCrine is that it does NOT come with the tolerance build up that caffeine does, meaning that you get the same boost in energy, mood, and focus without having to increase the amount you consume continually.*

Organic Atlantic Kelp (Ascophyllum Nodosum) (Whole Plant): Iodine is an essential trace mineral that plays a crucial role in proper thyroid function, and subsequently metabolism. Shredded Steel includes 150mcg of iodine derived from a type of seaweed called kelp to support proper thyroid function and cognition, aiding metabolism and energy production for enhanced fat loss.*

Alluvia Purple Tea (Camellia Sinesis) Leaf Extract (Standardized to 3% GHG): One of the newest, and most intriguing, ingredients to enter the world of weight loss supplements is Alluvia Purple Tea. Derived from a new crossbred variety Camellia sinensis, the same leaf from which black, white, and green teas are derived, Alluvia contains red and purple anthocyanins, similar to those found in dark-colored fruits, that impart a wide range of health benefits.*

Early studies on Alluvia Purple Tea have documented anti-obesity actions, reduction of conditions that lead to metabolic syndrome, and anti-aging benefits for the skin. Two human clinical studies to support weight loss, decreases in body mass index, fat mass, hip size, waist size, and subcutaneous-fat thickness while improving body composition and lean body mass.*

Researchers believe that one of the primary ways Alluvia exerts its fat loss benefits is through the inhibition of lipase, the enzyme that breaks down fats for digestion. By preventing your body from properly digesting fats, it passes through and out of the GI system intact, meaning you derive very little, if any, calories from the fat you eat.*

Evodiamine Fruit Extract (Evodia Rutaecarpa): Used in traditional Chinese medicine as a warming technique, Evodiamine mimics the characteristic anti-obese effects induced by capsaicin. Evodiamine may induce heat loss and heat production at the same time and dissipate food energy, preventing the accumulation of perivisceral fat and the body weight increase.

Cognizin Citicoline: A patented form of citicoline, a highly bioavailable form of choline that's been shown in clinical testing to increase brain energy, attention, focus, and memory.Cognizin helps "turn the lights on" in your mind so that it's operating faster and more efficiently so that you can get more work done, better, while on a reduced calorie diet.*

Grain of Paradise Seed Extract (Aframum Melegueta) (Paradoxine): A spice belonging to the ginger family that stimulates brown adipose tissue, boosting metabolism and increasing thermogenesis while decreasing visceral fat in the lower abdomen.*

Yohimbe HCL (Pausinystalia Yohimbe): One of the most well-known and effective ingredients for shedding that "stubborn" body fat, and it's one of the tried and true supplements dieters turn to when looking to drop those "last five pounds."*

Yohimbe is a potent central nervous system stimulant and alpha-2-adrenergic receptor antagonist. Fat cells have two types of receptors called alpha and beta receptors. In layman's terms, when alpha receptors are stimulated, they block fatty acid release (halting fat burning), while beta receptors activation leads to the freeing of fatty acids, allowing them to be oxidized (or "burned") for energy.*

Yohimbine "clogs" the alpha receptor ports on fat cells, allowing the fat burning catecholamines like epinephrine and norepinephrine to dock on beta receptors, liberating stored body fat to be burned for energy. Additionally, Yohimbine also has been shown to reduce appetite, ramp up energy expenditure, and enhance lipolysis.*

Black Pepper (Piper Nigrum) Fruit Extract (Bioperine) Yielding 95% Piperine: An industry-leading black pepper extract (standardized to 95% piperine) that is included to improve the absorption of other nutrients its paired with in supplements. Additionally, Bioperine may also support fat loss by increasing thermogenesis.*

My favorites from the ingredient profile are the inclusion of the Paradoxine (Grain of Paradise) along with the KSM-66 Ashwagandha. Based on my previous experiences with these ingredients from other supplements, I know I react well and enjoy the effects of these. The Paradoxine really gets my body heated up and ready for action while the KSM-66 provides a nice mental feeling while it is in my system. I also like that there is not a ridiculous amount of caffeine in each serving like some other fat burners/thermogenics on the market. With how easy it is to consume vast amounts of caffeine throughout the day; I don't need or want a huge dose in a product like this, especially when there are so many other innovative ingredients out there to use.

Taste >> Product is in capsule form. Nothing to report here.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to say here. Just pop the desired number of capsules with some liquid and you are done.

Dosing >> Per the brand: "As a dietary supplement, take one serving (3 capsules) in the morning with your first meal or protein shake. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily. Shredded Steel can be combined with Steel Core and/or Hydra Steel for a more customized weight loss solution. Do not take Shredded Steel within 6 hours of bedtime."

Just for reference, with my current schedule I wake up in the late morning/early afternoon and that is when I take my serving.

This section will be broken down into the two different dosing protocols that I used. When I first received the product, I started with just two capsules upon waking. With some potent and highly dosed ingredients (including Yohimbe) in Shredded Steel, I didn't want to go overboard from the beginning and screw myself up. For the first week or so I used just the two capsules and that provided some nice effects. Most notable was the immediate boost in energy from the caffeine along with a longer lasting energy and focus from the TeaCrine. This was also paired with a feeling of well-being and mental clarity, which I can only assume was the result of the KSM-66 and Cognizin Citicoline. If I happened to not be very active during the first part of my day after taking the two capsules, I would notice a slight increase in body heat and the ability to start sweating from my underarms with very little movement. If I was active during that first part of the day, my body heat would increase noticeably and the sweat would come on right away during the physical activity. These feelings would stay with me for the entire time that I was active but would decrease significantly once I stopped (which could be between one and two hours).

After that first week or so using the two capsules, I decided to move up to the three capsule dosing suggested on the bottle. As one might expected, the effects were similar to what I previously mentioned when using the two capsules but kicked up another notch. More of an energy boost from the beginning that lasted even longer than before. The feeling of well-being and mental clarity was about the same intensity but it lasted longer into the day when compared to the lower dose. My body heat and the ability to start sweating also had a noticeable difference with the extra capsule. Now when I was just sitting around, I could feel the sweat coming on from my underarms and lower back. If I was active on the three capsule dosage, my body heat was through the roof (in a positive way) and I quickly became a sweaty mess. During the colder days of my run with this supplement, the ability to warm up and get loose with this extra body heat was fantastic! I was able to save time and become more efficient during my physical activity while still being safe and not putting my body at risk of injury.

When all is said and done during my use of the bottle, I was able to decrease my scale weight by four pounds without losing any strength on my compound lifts and following an intuitive eating protocol. Having this supplement as a tool in my tool belt during this time let me train at the same intensity that I am used to while reducing some body mass and not having to significantly worry about my food intake and macro tracking.

At the moment, it looks like the only place this supplement can be purchased is from the SteelFit USA website (https://steelfitusa.com/product/shredded-steel/). The list price is $69.95 but is on sale for $39.95 at the moment with free domestic shipping on orders over $99. They have also partnered with Sezzle, which allows you to pay for your supplements with four interest free payments.

Each bottle includes 30 servings if you use the three capsules each time. If you are able to get results with only two caps per day that will help with the value of this supplement.

Side Effects

The first time I used this supplement, I had a dizzy feeling about an hour after consumption and that was while taking only two capsules. Nothing absolutely horrible but it did slow me down for a short time. After that first experience, I did not experience any more side effects for the rest of the bottle, even when moving up to the three capsule dosage.

As a forewarning, this supplement is going to raise your body temperature and likely cause you to sweat if you do any physical activity (and possibly if you do nothing). Also, Yohimbe seems to be either a love it or hate it ingredient in the sports supplement industry. Be aware of the dosage in this product if you know you do not react well to this ingredient and its effects.

Conclusion

To wrap things up on this review, I am very happy with my experience from running a bottle of Shredded Steel and look forward to picking up another in the near future. The ingredient profile is comprehensive and well dosed even at just two capsules. If you are on the smaller side, the low dosage may just be your sweet spot for this supplement. For reference, I am 6'3" and 220+ pounds. I did have one slightly negative experience with this product when I first took it but I would chop that up to the different ingredients in this product that my body has not experienced before. After that first serving, everything else was smooth sailing and I have no complaints. As with many thermogenic/fat burning supplements, the value is in the eye of the beholder and if you feel this is a product that is needed for your current goals. With the variety of ingredients and dosages included, especially for the trademarked compounds, this supplement is positioned in the market where I would expect it to be. You can find less comprehensive products for a cheaper price and more comprehensive ones for a higher price. Do your research on individual ingredients to figure out the best combination for your desired outcome.

Once again, thank you to SteelFit and SR.com for making this review possible. You guys continue to come out with new and innovative products that are effective for me and backed up with scientifically proven ingredients. Looking forward to see what the future brings from this brand.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.

• Wis3guy

Nice job..

• dmf8625

Thank you!

Nice to see there are still a few people lurking around this site...LOL