Hydra Steel Reviews

By: SteelFit

Weight Loss > Diuretics
Hydra Steel is a Diuretic manufactured by SteelFit. It helps decreasing water retention, eliminating bloating and increasing definition. It is important to make sure you stay adequatley hydrated while using It.

Overall
Thanks to SteelFit for sending it out!
  March 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Sheds Fluid
  • Water Loss
  • Weight Loss
  • No Cramping
  • Slight Caffeine Boost
  • Might Be Expensive To Some
  • Short Use
  • Increased Restroom Trips

Hello all! Full intro on myself can be found on the forum here: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

This is my first TROOP product that I have received from SR.com and want to thank SteelFit for partnering with the site and sending me out this product. We did have an issue with the first shipment I received but SteelFit quickly fixed the problem, which shows me a lot about a company who is willing to solve a problem on a shipment for a product that was not even paid for. Setting all that aside, I am excited to share my thoughts after finishing the bottle of Hydra Steel.

As a disclaimer from the beginning, I do not compete in bodybuilding and am not currently in prep for a show. I am just an average guy who is overweight trying to lose some fat in a slow and controlled process. The reason I include this information is this product is marketed somewhat towards a competitor who is coming up to a show and wants to look his/her best on stage. I chose to try this product so I could report on the results for the average person who is thinking about using it for a special occasion, which is the other marketed purpose.

The ingredient profile for this product is split into two sections. The first is the vitamin and mineral section where we have Vitamin B6, calcium, magnesium and potassium. The second section is the "Hydra Steel Diuretic Matrix". This is where the main active ingredients are listed. This matrix is 1125mg comprised of seven ingredients. I would love for this product to be a fully disclosed label so everyone could see the breakdown of dosing for these seven ingredients. For reference, the other ingredients are microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, gelatin, FD&C blue #1 and titanium dioxide.

In terms of what the ingredients in this do and how the expected results are achieved, fellow reviewer @Reaper61 (https://supplementreviews.com/users/Reaper61) did an amazing job of explaining the effects of the diuretic matrix. Below is the information I found from that review, from the SteelFit website along with some other Google searching:

Vitamin B-6: Essential in balancing sodium and potassium levels in the body while also responsible for the production of monamine neurotransmitters such as adrenaline, serotonin, and dopamine; it increases metabolic rate while metabolizing glycogen, metabolizes protein and creates nonessential amino acids.

Calcium: Essential for maintaining strong bones while reducing fluid in the body.

Magnesium: An essential mineral necessary for energy production and transport, as well as supporting protein synthesis, bone growth, flexibility, and the maintenance of the pH of various organ systems.

Potassium: When it comes to muscle cramping, potassium can be a savior in both preventing and treatment. Muscle contains high levels of potassium which is vital for functions such as muscle contractions, muscle building, proper pH in the body, nerve impulses, and fluid retention (Demigne et al., 2004). When there is a decrease in water retention (such as with dehydration), cramping can occur. To prevent this, it is wise to increase your Potassium and water intake. Potassium is also required to produce ATP for energy to help fuel your workouts (Erdman et al., 2012). Supplementing with Potassium can provide all-around benefits when it comes to your health and performance and for that reason it's highly recommended to supplement your nutrition.

Hydra Steel Diuretic Matrix:

Dandelion Extract: An extremely effective diuretic that does not cause the side effects of mineral depletion. It contains powerful diuretic compounds called taraxasterols that support the secretion of excess water as well as bitter compounds that enhance the efficiency of the body's eliminative and detoxifying functions. In addition, Dandelion Root Extract has also been shown to help break down fat to aid in weight loss (Zhang et al., 2008).

Corn Silk: This has been a proven natural weight loss aid and is becoming very popular with diet strategist. It has been shown to counter infections of the urinary tract. It is also known to be beneficial in dissolving kidney stones. cures inflamed prostate and other related issues, plus this will also increase your bodies ability to push fluid out.

Juniper Berries: Juniper Berry is an extremely powerful antioxidant that can help protect the body from free radical damage all the way down to the cellular level. It is also used to promote healthy digestion and aid in detoxifying the body (Yang et al., 2007). Along with the digestion benefits, Juniper Berry is a mild diuretic and can help reduce bloating (Juniper Berry). Additionally, Juniper Berry can help control and reduce blood sugar levels (Sanchez et al., 1994).

Nettle Leaf Extract: the herb with its cleansing properties may help shed the pounds by effectively ridding the body of unwanted metabolic waste. The reduction of stored waste in muscle tissue and throughout the lymphatic system allows your body to function more productively.

Natural Anhydrous Caffeine: Gives you energy and can also decrease appetite and push fluids out. I was surprised to find out this product had caffeine in it. I reached out the company to see if they would share the amount of caffeine in each serving but did not receive a response back. Since it is listed fifth in the list out of seven ingredients and based on the "stim" feeling I received while taking this product, I would estimate each serving having about 100mg to 150mg of caffeine. Maybe the rep for SteelFit can further clarify this information after reading this review.

Guarana Extract: like caffeine, also acts as a diuretic, so you urinate more, which can result in weight loss. Loss of water weight, while inspiring on the scale, doesn't reduce fat stores. Stimulants like guarana also increase heart rate and may speed up your metabolism, resulting in more calories burned.

Uva Ursi: A plant commonly called Bearberry, it contains arbutin, which is a naturally occurring compound that has a strong diuretic effect without putting undue strain on the kidneys. Uva-Ursi is another known diuretic that can aid in helping rid the body of water retention (Beaux et al., 1999). This is helpful when looking to reduce the layer of water between the skin and muscle to increase muscularity. Uva-Ursi has also been known to help treat and reduce urinary tract infections (Head, 2008). This powerful herb helps eliminate UTIs which normally tend to only go away briefly before returning without an antibiotic.

Taste >> Product comes in capsule form, so there is nothing to taste.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to report here. Open bottle and swallow pills. You're done!

Dosing >> As a dietary supplement, adults take four (4) capsules with at least 16 fl. oz. of water twice daily (once in the morning and once in the afternoon) preferably with a meal or as recommended by a physician. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily. Do not exceed recommended dose.

Note: Competitors should start taking Hydra Steel 10 days prior to their fitness competition to achieve maximum results. Hydra Steel is designed for temporary water weight loss.

Results first: Over the 10 day run of this product, my scale weight dropped nine pounds!

Now I will go into more details about my lifestyle, what I expected and the other effects felt and noticed during this time. My current goal is to lose weight (preferably fat) in a slow and controlled manner. My goal is for a weight loss of one to two pounds per week while not significantly effecting my strength on my main lifts (squat, overhead press and deadlift). My plan for achieving the desired weight loss is through being in a slight calorie deficit paired with weight training and cardio. With that in mind, throughout the ten days that I used Hydra Steel I should have lost about two to three pounds on my own. Four at the max! As I did my last weigh in after completing the bottle, I was shocked to see a nine pound difference. Factoring in what I expected to have lost through normal diet and exercise, this product appears to have helped me drop an additional five to seven pounds of water weight.

I did not drastically change my diet throughout this time and continued to eat all macro food groups. This product seemed to do a great job at pushing excess water that my muscles were not using out of my body. With less water under the surface of my skin, I was able to see some extra definition around my midsection, across my back and in my arms. Even better is there was no point during the ten days that I felt dehydrated or that my body was low on water. Another great aspect with this product is some of the ingredients are shown not to deplete your electrolyte levels while pushing out the excess water. With that in mind, at no time did I experience any cramping while taking this product, which was one of the fears I had while considering this supplement.

Overall, I experienced all the intended effects this product claims to provide. As I am overweight and had great results while taking this, I could imagine how much more effective this product would be for a competitor who is already extremely lean and may have very little carbs in their system. Not only will this help you look better on stage but it should also help prevent cramping by supporting your electrolyte balance more efficiently. Plus anyone who takes this will get a nice little boost in the morning and afternoon from the caffeine included.

As I have now completed the bottle of this supplement, I fully expect most of the water weight to come back and I am ok with that. I know the results are temporary and they were great while they lasted.

The product is listed on the SteelFit website for $24.95 per bottle but iHerb currently has it on sale for $19.96 per bottle. Please keep in mind that each bottle is only a 10 day supply but should only be used a few times a year at most. Based on how often a person should expect to use this product, $20 to $25 for results and added confidence going into a show or special occasion is definitely worth it.

Side Effects

Personally I did not experience any negative side effects while taking this product. There may have been an extra trip or two to the restroom because of the water loss but nothing obnoxious or out of control. Thankfully I have a job where I am able to get up and use the restroom at any time, so there was no side effects that effected my workplace. Do keep in mind that this product does contain caffeine, so do not take it too late in the day as it could cause sleep problems.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this was a great product for me to use and I had great results from it. As I mentioned in the intro, I am overweight and did not expect this product to get me ripped in ten days but I definitely noticed a difference and could tell it was working as intended. I would highly recommend this to a competitor who is looking for that extra edge on stage or to the average person who has a special occasion coming up that they want to look their best for (ie: school reunion, wedding, birthday party etc.). Just keep in mind this is a short term solution and should not be used more than a few times a year in my opinion.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you any questions

6.6
Thanks to SteelFit for sending it out!
  March 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Sheds Fluid
  • Weight Loss
  • Water Loss
  • Increase Sweat
  • Reduce Appetite
  • Quick To Work
  • Might Be Expensive To Some
  • Short Use

Big thanks to SteelFit for letting me try Hydra Steel. Summer is slowly on its way and everyone is ready to show off those winter gains, but first, we have to not look like we are still bulking. On top of that for those who really want to look shredded, you are going to have to manipulate your water and what it is doing to your body. In comes Steelfit's Hydra steel. This is a fast pace water shedding supplement that claims to give you the edge on your competition (fitness show) or just being more "bro" than the next guy at the beach. Let us take a look to see what makes this effective.

For the most part, this is a transparent label except when it actually comes to the ingredients that matter in regards to shedding water:

Vitamin B-650mg: Essential in balancing sodium and potassium levels in the body crucial for water manipulation.

Calcium 120mg: Essential for maintaining strong bones while reducing fluid in the body.

Magnesium 100mg: An essential mineral necessary for energy production and transport.

Potassium: As an electrolyte, it aids in the maintenance of enzyme structures and fluid balance.

Hydra Steel Diuretic Matrix 1125mg:
Juniper Berry: This has been shown to be a natural way to stimulate your kidneys to push fluid out. Obviously, if you are going to the bathroom a lot then fluid is going out.

Caffeine: Gives you energy and can also decrease appetite and push fluids out

As you can see, this blend is all about taking the fluid in your body and getting it out.

Taste and mixability are non-factors due to them being capsules.

Dosing is quite aggressive since this product is intended to be taken before a competition show, or whenever you absolutely want to look your best. With that being said it is 4 pills twice a day, which means that this is only a 10-day bottle. The reason for this, is you are to start taking this product within 10 days of whatever even so it will strip enough fluid from your body for that day, and then you will recover. This is a temporary effect product only.

So here is my disclaimer. I am not ripped, I am not getting ready for a show, I live in the Pacific Northwest where it is cold and the sun is a thing that we only read about.

With that being said, I wanted to see if this would still generate some leaning effects as I eat clean and workout. The answer is yes it did. I lost quite a bit of subcutaneous fluid to where I was becoming very vascular and had some graininess to me my look. I was also sweating like a madman, and peeing as if I had the bladder of a senior citizen. I average drinking about 12-160oz of water a day, and I am pretty sure it all ended up going into the toilet with this. If you need to drop fluid this will do it to you. I would take 4 capsules in the morning upon waking up and before my workout, and take another around 1 in the afternoon. This was roughly an 8-hour gap between these 2 doses.

So value is in the eye of the beholder. This bottle is only designed for 10 days. You can find it on their website for $25 and since it is only used for 10 days you are looking at $2.50 a day or a $1.25 a serving. Since this is effective, some might not be scared of those numbers and will use this and reap the awards. Me personally, I will not be buying this, simply because I do not have the need for this, rather than it is not effective.

Side Effects

Constant trips to the bathroom, if you are crazy enough to take it at night, you might create a water bed for yourself if you are not careful.

Conclusion

If you are prepping for a show, then this is the way to go to strip out that last bit of fluid. It worked on my fluid heavy body and even showed some weight loss on the scale. so if you are leaner than most, and are working on your water manipulation then this is a must-have in your life, or at least the last 10 days leading into your show. The judges will thank you for it!