Pre Koala Freak Reviews

By: Staunch

Pre Koala Freak is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Staunch. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall
  October 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hard Hitting
  • Mixes Well
  • Can Be Hard To Sleep

41 year old man that still enjoys a high stimulate Pre workout from time to time. I had been wondering about this one for a while before I pulled the trigger.

Staunch nation and Calum Von Moger has done pretty well bringing up some Hype to his products. I have watched a few videos of him and he seems like a really cool guy and so I thought maybe I should try this one.

Serving size is 17.20g ( but I am having a hard time matching that up to the ingredients on the bottle )
Pretty good profile, even though I think the caffeine is a bit high for me.
Thiamine 75 mg

L-theanine 360mg
Higenamine 75 mg
Hordenine 50mg
Huperzine A 300mcg

I think this would work better with a slightly lower dose of stimulates in it. I feel that if it was lower this would deliver a really good pump.
There really is nothing huge or new and improved with this one I do not think.

I got the Aussie Apple and It was pretty good, Nice and tart but not overkill
Mixed up really well too.

I did not know what to expect from this one, So first the time I took a half scoop and it was a good " awake " feeling. So the next heavy lifting session I had, I took a full dose. It turned out to be a pretty strong, but not so much that I did not like it. I enjoy a hard hitting Pre here and there so this one fit the bill just right. Now because of the High caffeine that is why I never got a huge pump I would assume. Now one thing about this one is , DO NOT TAKE THIS LATE IN THE EVENING!. If I took this any later than 6pm and tried to hit the bed around 10pm . It was dang near impossible to sleep.
I never had any weird after taste or upset stomach or crash from this so big points for that.

It is more costly than most other Pre's that I would typically buy, but I found a good deal through staunchnation and did a bundle of this and the Bcaa Hydration. This alone with run you are 39 - 49 bucks on amazon, which is the cheapest place to find it.

Side Effects

Restless sleep if taken close to bed time.

Conclusion

I think the price could be a little less as there are few trademarked and highly sought out ingredients in this. Also I would like to see the caffeine a bit lower but that is just me. Overall a solid and fun , different Pre workout.
  • Aussie apple: 9/10

• rodefeeh
    October 8, 2018

I could see why you didn't get a huge pump. It's a good pump complex but there's nothing too special about it. Maybe if CM was 8g and Agmatine was 1g then you might have gotten better pumps. That is a huge dose of Theanine. Hopefully it didn't mellow things out too much. It sounds like it didn't. I love Hordenine. That stuff always takes the stim experience up a notch if dosed high enough. Did you see any better than normal strength gains with that ElevATP?

• mhseaver670
    October 8, 2018

Maybe slightly, but I don't really know how to judge stuff like to a pre-workout, simple because so many factors can attribute a good strength day.

• rodefeeh
    October 8, 2018

I hear you. Creatine is about the only supplement when I can really tell a difference when I'm on vs off it when it comes to strength.