Turmeric Curcumin Reviews

By: Spring Valley

Turmeric Curcumin is an Anti-Oxidant manufactured by Spring Valley. It helps prevent the harmful 'free-radicals' that can cause cell damage in the body.
7.1

Overall
Overall
4.5
  July 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:

I am getting older and wanted to try something for my joints to aid in controlling inflammation and making working out easier. This did not work.

Hello all, I am a 46 year old father, dog owner and supplement junkie. I have been trying to get in and maintain better health and a better body. I was having some joint inflammation and thought I would try this as it was on sale at Walmart. I generally am pretty active and try to do some sort of exercise everyday. I did mess up my back and if you read my log, you will find that it set me back a little bit. All we can do is keep trying though and I had hoped this product would help me on my way again. Feel free to check out my log for what I have been doing.

400mg Turmeric Powder: Curcuma Longa, Root
    50mg Turmeric Extract: standardized to 95% curcuminoids, (curcuma Longa)(root)
    50mn Organic Ginger Powder: Zingiber officinale, root

Other ingredients: Hypromellose (capsule), Rice Hull Concentrate.

So the profile isn't bad, except that Curcumin is not absorbed very well and without something to help this amount is probably worthless. If I wanted to improve this I would add some Black Pepper to enhance the absorption. Below are a few articles you can read some more on if you so choose to do so.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

These capsules had no real taste that I could notice. Mix-ability is not an issue. Dosing as suggested is to take 1 capsule per day preferably with a meal. This is pretty easy, I tended to take mine with my morning smoothie. I also did up the dose during the run just to see what would happen. I didn't notice any difference even when I was at 3 capsules a day (I used one capsule which each of my meals).

Here is the downfall, I really didn't notice anything at all. Possibly my skin improved? But I didn't notice any benefit from taking these pills. I will say that I have had good results from Curcumin in the past as far as helping recover and feel better during injury re-hab and such. These just really didn't seem to do much.

As of 7-26-2018 I found these at the following prices.

Walmart has the single for 5.94. However I bought them as a 2 pack for 8.99 at my Walmart. That is only available in store and the price isn't listed online.

Amazon has it for $13.95, which is just silly......

So here is the issue. This is really cheap, however for me it didn't do anything. So value for me is pretty low, if however for some reason you respond to this that it could be a pretty good deal.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from taking these capsules.

Conclusion

My conclusion for this one is to keep looking. I think that the product itself is valuable as I have had success in the past. However in this case it is a hard pass as I didn't really get anything out of it. I think if they added some Black Pepper it would greatly help this product. It is nice that you can pick it up cheaply in a local store, however once again it just didn't work for me. The end is that this gets a no rating from me. Because I wouldn't buy it again myself and I didn't feel it helped.

• deBruijn
      July 27, 2018

Think curcumin without Any absorption method is basically worthless. Pythosome variante seem best, noticed some effects with them myself

• Zsteinf
      July 27, 2018

The is turmeric available now for a review and I'm starting to wonder if it is worth my time. What do u think?

• Wis3guy
      July 27, 2018

Turmeric with bioprene or other absorption helpers I think are worth a try. I have used products in the past that have worked better.