Fish Oil Reviews

By: Spring Valley

Fish Oil is an Essential Fatty Acid manufactured by Spring Valley. It contains fats that must be obtained through diet. They serve a wide array of critical roles including cardiovascular, mental and joint health.

Overall
Overall
  June 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • None

An inexpensive fish oil that does the job.

I have recently done a review on fish oil provided by the SR family and that product was not very high on my reviews. I decided to do a review on my go to fish oil that I have used for years. This fish oil is by Spring Valley and easily available at Wal-Mart or online.

This is your basic fish oil. The ingredients listed are for 2 soft gels per day, so that is what I will be using for ingredients. Calories are 25, calories from fat are 25, total fat is 2.5 g, and cholesterol is 15 mg. It has 2400 mg of the fish oil which consists of omega 3 fatty acids 720 mg, EPA 360 mg, and DHA 240 mg. The general rule of thumb for fish oil is taking a product that provides 700 to 1,000 mg of general fish oil with omega 3 fatty acids being 500 mg of combined EPA and DHA. The instruction says to take 2 soft gels per day so you will be consuming more than enough of the recommended amount. I give the ingredients a high rating because this does contain enough fish oil elements.

I have had no problems with taste or smell. Some fish oils will leave your breath smelling like tuna but this did not happen. Mixability is not an issue here as it is a soft gel. The dosing says to take two per, so I took 1 in the morning and at night. I give this a high rating as it follows the general amount suggested.

Fish oil has many benefits like it helps with ADHD, Alzheimer's, anxiety, arthritis, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, immunity, and weight loss. Athletes will use fish oil to speed up recovery, burn body fat, support testosterone levels, and promote muscle growth. Fish oil supplements also cut the risk of heart attacks, lower blood pressure, and prevent strokes. It's hard to rate the effectiveness. I felt that it did what a fish oil needed to do. I give it a high rating because you are getting all the benefits.

This has 200 soft gel capsules which convert into 100 servings (since you take 2 soft gels per day) so it will last you over 3 months. The cost was $30 which works out to $0.30 per day so the cost is very low. I give this a high-ranking.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

This was a good fish oil. The ingredients meet the recommended amount. The taste was fine. It was as effective. The value is high. There were no side effects. I give this a high-ranking so it will remain my everyday fish oil.

• Wis3guy
    June 17, 2018

On a side note, I have noticed Walmart sometimes runs 2 pack quantities of this brand at a discounted price.

• Zsteinf
    June 17, 2018

@wise3guy I usually buy the 2 pack and save some money. Just sometimes they have them and sometimes they don't

• Wis3guy
    June 17, 2018

As I get closer to 50, I find I'm always looking for deals. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

• Zsteinf