pre+ Reviews

By: sportganic

pre+ is a Stimulant Free Pre-Workout manufactured by sportganic. It can increase muscle performance, endurance and blood flow without the use of stiimulants. It promotes an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall
5.4
2.7
Thanks to sportganic for sending it out!
  February 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:

Thank you to sportganic. I was able to get a one sample try of this preworkout before getting the box. The first time I used it, I got a great pump in the gym that day, so I figured it was time to try a box.

The product has 10 calories and 3 g of carbs. It has what they call a proprietary blend of 2250 mg which is citrulline malate, arginine HCL, watermelon fruit powder, beet juice powder, and D-ribose. It also has vegetable glycerin water, malice acid, stevia, and other natural flavors. Citrulline Malate is an amino acid that can be found in fruits. It can produce nitric oxide, which is an increase in blood flow, and help with post workout recovery. Citrulline Malate takes around 40 minutes to get into your body to start working. Arginine HCL will also produce nitric oxide and works to release growth hormones. The juices help with flavor. The D-Ribose is a carb, which explains the 3 grams of carbs. It is a sugar that comes from the body and will increase energy.

There is not a lot of chemicals in this product and all chemicals are medically fine. I would like to know more than the group amount on the proprietary blend, 2250 grams. I want to know the exact amount of each ingredient. The only thing that sticks out to me is that you are to consume this 5-10 minutes before workout. The body takes a while to absorb these ingredients and Citrulline Malate can take up to 40 minutes to become effective. I believe this should be taken about 30 minutes before workout because some people may be past weight lifting in 40 minutes and could be on to cardio.

Couldn't find this in any particular taste, just what they call original flavor. It was like a really strong orange in liquid form. The taste was a little overwhelming. As soon as I had it, I drank a little water to wash it down. Mixability and dosing was not an issue since it was in a package to drink.

Like I said in the intro, I received a free sample of this a few months ago and when I used it I got a pretty good pump during my workout. That's why I decided to give it a chance. I never had another pump again. I will review the effectiveness without the knowledge of the sample used earlier. I found the product OK. It is a stimulant free pre-workout, so I always enjoy those because I don't like being too extreme. I did get a little energy but nothing that I would say that was unusual or effective more than normal. Energy was fine but not exciting. As I said earlier, the recommendation to take it 5-10 minutes did not make sensd, so I did try a few 30 minutes before workout but got the same results. The pump did not happen despite the ingredients. The product has good ingredients that should help with the pump, so I do not understand why I did not get one. The pump should have been felt at least once, but I never had it with the 20 servings. I would say it is a good product, just not as effective as I would have liked it to be.

I was able to find this on Amazon. You can order this in a 10 pack or 20 pack. I was able to get this in the 20 pack. The 10 pack runs around $28 to $30. The 20 pack I couldn't find under $50. For the 20 pack, this is $2.50 per serving. For the 10 pack, it's right around $3 per serving so the 20 pack is cheaper. That's high for a pre-workout, even if it is effective. It is stimulant free so it maybe worth the value to some others. I'm going to give a low value because that is more than I'm willing to spend.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I would say that this was a good product. This is nothing that was overwhelmingly great but it did what it should do. The ingredients were good. Taste was a little hard but nothing crazy. Mixability and dosing were already set up for me so no issues. I would say it was effective, just not enough. It is high in cost so if I'm looking to buy something that's high in cost, I want it very effective and get me going. No side effects. I give this an OK rating but nothing that was fantastic.
  • Original flavor: 5/10