mind+ has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Health & Wellbeing > Other Vitamins

mind+ Reviews

By: sportganic

mind+ is a Health Product manufactured by sportganic. It is meant to improve the health of the body at the micronutrient/mineral level.

mind+ has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Health & Wellbeing > Other Vitamins

6.9

Overall
Overall
3.0
4.5
2.0
Thanks to sportganic for sending it out!
  December 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slight Focus Increase
  • Under Dosed Ingredients
  • Prop Blend

38 years old and I lift 4 times a week. I have suffered 6 x TBI's over the course of the years, so I take fish oil and any other supplementation to aid in cognitive recovery seriously. When I saw Mind+ come out as an opportunity to try , I figured this was right up my alley so wanted to give it a shot. Thank you to Sportganic and the SR TROOPer program for this opportunity.

First you get some vitamins in here such as 1,000IU of Vitamin D, 250mcg of Folate, and 300mg of Magnesium. Next up we have 100mg Cognizin Coticoline, which I believe is a typo. Cognizin makes Citicoline which is I believe what we are talking about here. Citicoline seems to aid in memory loss in people aged 50-85 years old, long term blood circulation in the brain, and stroke recovery. Dosages for these benefits range from 1000-2000mg for decline in thinking skills, so we are very under dosed here.

Next up we have 100mg of Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL, aka ALCAR. ALCAR is often used as a brain booster and has shown to be effective at alleviating the side effects of aging, like neurological decline and chronic fatigue. Standard dose for ALCAR is 630-2,500mg daily, so again very under dosed. We also get 100mg of L-Theanine, which is a relaxing and nondietary amino acid found pretty much exclusively in teas and is known to promote relaxation without sedation. It appears to be effective at reducing stress at standard dosages. Standard dosages for Theanine are 100-200mg, so here we get a proper dose.

Finally we get the dreaded Prop blend called Neuromax Blend. Don't get me wrong, I understand why prop blends exist from a business stand point, but in the day and age where prop blends are becoming a thing of the past its becoming a personal thing for me to try and avoid them as much as possible. Neuromax blend gives us 700mg of Ashawagandha root extract (another typo, its Ashwagandha), Bacopa whole herb extract, Chocomine Proprietary Cocoa Extract (typo is Chocamine), Grape Seed Extract, Vinpocetine, and Hops Flower Extract. Since this is the meat and potatos of this product lets break these down:

Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an herb and a popular supplement. It provides neuroprotection, anti-cancer effects, enhanced virility, and can even stave off anxiety. The lowest effective dose for acute usage of ashwagandha, and perhaps the most cost-effective dose, is 300-500mg. The optimal dose is 6,000mg a day usually divided into three doses (2,000mg) and while 300-500mg is effective for most situations a lower dose of 50-100mg can be seen as effective in few instances such as reducing the immunosuppression seen with stress and augmenting anxiolytic (anxiety reducing agents). Ashwagandha root extract is the preferred form of ashwagandha, for the purposes of supplementation. Ashwagandha should be taken with meals. If taken once a day, it should be taken with breakfast. (EXAMINE)

Bacopa: Bacopa monnieri is a nootropic herb that has been used in traditional medicine for longevity and cognitive enhancement. Supplementation can reduce anxiety and improve memory formation. Bacopa takes time to work. Studies that are too short tend to note either lesser or no effects, and studies that take multiple measures note that improvements are much better at 8-12 weeks than they are at 4-6 weeks. The standard dose for Bacopa monnieri is 300mg, assuming that the total bacoside content (the active compound) is 55% of the extract, by weight. (EXAMINE)

Chocamine Cocoa Extract: I could not find much on this but Chocamine is a patented cocoa-based extract, comprised of a synergistic blend of substances found in chocolate, and known to promote energy, focus, mood and performance as well as satisfy cravings. Unsure on dosages.

Grape Seed Extract: Grape Seed Extract is a mixture of tannins and procyanidins (chains of catechins) that appears to exert anti-estrogenic effects and may enhance blood flow. Studies conducted in humans used in the range of 150-300mg Grape Seed extract daily for heart health purposes, while doses up to 600mg have been used with no reported side effects. (EXAMINE)

Vinpocetine: Vinpocetine is a compound from the Periwinkle plant that is used as a cognitive protective and anti-aging agent. One of the more common of the nootropics, Vinpocetine may enhance blood flow and is touted to increase memory; this latter claim has not been investigated. Vinpocetine has its absorption from supplements enhances (60-100%) when taken alongside food. Vinpocetine is taken in the daily dosage range of 15-60mg, divided into three daily doses with meals. The standard low dose is 5mg at each of these three meals, with 20mg at each meal being seen as the higher end of efficacy. These doses are taken for the purposes of neuroprotection, enhancing cerebral blood flow, and reducing the rate of cognitive decline. (EXAMINE)

Hops Flower Extact: Hops is used for anxiety, inability to sleep (insomnia) and other sleep disorders, restlessness, tension, excitability, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), nervousness, and irritability. No known dosage exists here since it depends on too many factors. (WEBMD)

So, an interesting profile which seems to have the right ingredients, they all just seem under dosed. These dosages are based on 3 capsules which is the recommended dosage taken once per day. There a few typo's on the label as well, which kills a products credibility a little bit in my eyes. I say this because if not enough attention was given to the label that is there to sell the product, then how much attention was put into the development?

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to report here as this is all in pill form.

Dosing: The directions call to take 3 capsules with the last meal of the day. As we see most of the ingredients absorb better with food, so you definitely want to take this food. During my run, I took this with dinner each night.

First of all, I think this product is more of a long term one to see benefits than just one 30 day bottle. In the mornings I would feel as if my mind was a little sharper and i was slightly more focused, but its possible that that was a complete placebo. Regardless, I am going to say I felt a slight increase in brain functioning. The claims on the bottle have bars to show how much increase the benefits will have, the max being 5 bars. I will put in parenthesis the amount of bars each of the claims is supposed to have. The bottle claims to improve Energy (4/5 bars), Focus (5/5 bars), Balance (3/5 bars), Joint + Flex (2/5 bars), and Circulation (4/5 bars). I felt no increase in energy, which was good since I took this with dinner. Focus I did feel a slight increase in the mornings, balance I am not really sure what to judge here. I did not notice any increase in my joints or flexibility and I really cannot judge my brain circulation.

So pretty tough product to judge the efficacy since its very internal. Maybe if you ran this long term you would see some effects, but that is pure speculation on my part. I did not notice enough of an increase in 30 days to get me excited enough to want to continue using this product.

The only place I could find this for sale was at stackednutrition.com. Its being sold for $69.99 for 30 days of use which comes out to $2.33 per day. That is very very expensive. Not much value here in my eyes as most of the main ingredients are under dosed, we really do not know how much we are getting in the prop blend, and its just plain old expensive. Not much value to be had here.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Sportganic Mind+ has some issues currently in my eyes and appears to be ineffective. First, the typo's on the label need to be fixed, and dosages of the main ingredients for cognitive function need to be upped because most are severely under dosed. Having a prop blend is fine, but I can safely assume with the amount in the blend that those ingredients are under dosed as well, but that is speculation on my part. If this is a product designed to be taken long term, then unless you have deep pockets this is just too expensive to run daily for months at a time. I appreciate the opportunity to try this, but I simply cannot recommend this product, as I felt it did next to nothing for me, and appears to have some issues currently. Thanks!

• JayT
    December 11, 2017

I agree with you about typos on labels. Just shows a lack of detail and attentiveness from the company.

• December 11, 2017

Nice review DaSlaya. I also agree about typos, it's like the company is saying that they don't care about either their products or their customers.