Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #4 of 235 (better than 99%) in

Kraken is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Sparta Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
ARTICLES
DEALS
COMPARE SIMILAR

Isplisgardt
  February 18, 2017

----Introduction----

First off big thanks to Sparta Nutrition for letting me try this gem. Second, Sparta Nutrition for brand of the year, everything I have tried from them has been phenomenal. Kraken is their pre workout product and its an absolute beast of a product. It has a little bit of everything and when all blended together works very well.

----Ingredient Profile----

Fully disclosed ingredients list and my goodness is this thing loaded. 4g L-Citrulline, 1g Agmatine Sulfate, 2g Hydromax.... Holy pump. Then you get the full dose of Beta Alanine and top that off with an impressive blend for energy and focus and you get a top notch high quality pre workout product. Full of all the goodies one could ask for. Maybe creatine could be the only thing one could possibly add but even then its not a huge deal that it doesnt have it.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Dosage is easy and straight forward, one scoop 30 minute pre workout. Very simple. Mixing was just fine, no grit at the bottom of the shaker. I had the sour gummy bear flavor. It was kind of a let down, it was definitely sour so that part they nailed but it was kind of chemical tasting. Not a deal breaker though considering how well it worked.

----Effectiveness----

Boom! This stuff hits hard! The energy and focus rush is insane. about 15 to 20 minutes after taking it, the beta tingles kick in and the focus becomes more acute and my eyes start to open up because my energy levels are spiking. The razor like focus really had me in the zone and gave me the edge to push myself harder than I had in a long time. Energy levels were through the roof, never did I find myself tired during a workout. As far as endurance goes I was able to push out extra reps on weights and even being able to throw some extra sets in because I simply wasnt drained the way I was in the past. Pumps were yuge, all the pump ingredients thrown together had the veins popping and the muscles looking full. Calve pumps , foremarm pumps, bicep pumps were even sort of painful. I even hit some PRs while using this product(not really PRs but weight I hadnt hit since the heart issue) so this product had me all sorts of amped up. Simply put I loved every scoop and every scoop was just as effective as the first.

----Value----

39.99 for 20 scoops. Its higher than average but its worth 2$ a scoop and id pay it any day of the week

----Side Effects----

about 15 minutes after my workouts ended I crashed pretty hard. I hadnt crashed like that since I used the amphetamine laced Craze. I was so tired and so drained I would just sit there and stare off into space.

----Conclusion----

This is easily in my top 3 pre workouts that Ive ever tried. Every scoop delivered maximum performance to help deliver maximum results. I would definitely buy this again and even got my buddy to try and order it but theyre out of stock. THis product gets a thumbs up. Sparta for brand of the year!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Intense Focus
  • Amazing Energy
  • Fully Transparent
  • Clinically Dosed
  • Sour gummy bear: 6/10
willyb87
  February 16, 2017

----Introduction----
I 1st read about Kraken on another site and loved the profile, originally I read this was supposed to have DMAA in it and that would have been great but lets see how it stacked up without it.

----Ingredient Profile----
A solid and fully disclosed profile here, for pumps they have pure citrulline at 4 grams, agmatine at 1 gram, Hydromax at 2 grams(love this amount) and then 100mg of norvaline to help hold the pump a little longer. Caffeine isn't overpowering at 200mg and the beta alanine is effectively dosed at 3.2g, also some taurine added in there as well.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I have only 2 complaints on this product and the 1st is here.... I received as requested Sour Gummy Bears.... I opened the tub and smelled and wow delicious smelled just like a fresh bag of haribo gummy bears, scooped up the powder about 30 minutes before workout shook it up in the shaker and it mixed great... Took a big sip and bam the most chemical aftertaste I think I have ever encountered, but a flat tasting absolutely nothing like gummy bear thing I have ever tasted... But this is a preworkout so I'm not taking too many points for taste here, because honestly my expectations were probably too high anyways.

----Effectiveness----
From the time I picked up the 1st weight till the time I walked out the door I felt great and ready to lift. While on this I had clean energy and a focus to rival almost anything else ive ever used. My workouts lately have been of varying styles but consistent in the sense of starting out with heavy movements and ending with some serious volume. My muscles seem to really swell and hold a pump for a good while, I felt like my body held onto the water I chugged down intra-workout more than usual. The energy was always very clean and not noticeable in coming on, but I always could tell it was there. Coming off the workout on a few occasions I had some issues that I will mention in the side effect section.
'
----Value----
On average I have seen this around $33, everything is dosed well and the profile is solid its only 20 servings but I still think the pricepoint here is solid and I would buy even if not on sale which I have seen several of on this.

----Side Effects----
On a few occasions after the workout I would crash HARD, out of 20 workouts probably 3-4 times but I thought worth mentioning. Not just a normal stim crash either. Cold sweats, nausea, and just an overall drained and beatdown feeling. On these days nothing was out of the ordinary and the preworkout was the only constant but I'm not going to put the entire blame on the product.

----Conclusion----
Even though I had a couple issues it isn't anything that would chase me off from using this again as while I was in the gym this product had me performing at what I feel like was top gear for me. Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending this outto us TROOPs and I look forward to whatever is in the works next.
  • Pumps

• Sour gummy bear: 4/10
Parasite
  February 8, 2017

----Introduction----
I decided to pick Kraken up because of the ingredient profile and also because I have seen nothing but good reviews for Sparta Nutrition's supplements. I have been following "The Best Damn Workout for Natural Lifters" from T-Nation for the last 2-3 months with pretty good results. Thanks to Sparta for participating in the TROOPs program.

----Ingredient Profile----
Solid, well rounded ingredient profile that has effective doses that help deliver on the marketing claims. Not much else to note as Sparta Nutrition includes all the necessary ingredients that you would want for a product claiming it delivers focus, energy, pump and endurance. Plus it has DMHA! Kalans, Pancow, Vaughn and others have done a good job of breaking down the ingredient profile so check out their reviews for a more in-depth dive.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I did not request a flavor for this and was sent Sex on the Beach. I did not care for this at first but it eventually became tolerable. Sparta Nutrition seemed to pixie dust the flavor to try and mask the chemical taste from the ingredients. It wasn't a flavor I looked forward to drinking but it also was not anything that I did not want to drink. As long as the flavor is something I can at least tolerate, flavor is usually not a big deal to me.

True one scooper. Never used more. Never used less. Added 1 scoop to about 6-8 ounces of water and gave it a shake for 10 seconds or so. Most of it dissolved. Had a little settlement but I always tend to swirl my PWO before taking another drink if I set it down so by the time I finish it there is nothing in the bottom of the shaker.

----Effectiveness----
I'm not quite as sold on this as others. Did it work? Yes! Did it work to the effect it did on the others that have reviewed it so far? No! This could be due to 2 things though. First, my adrenal system could be shot. My caffeine intake is upward of 600mg+ per day. Second, I used this after using the PWO Siren which had 75mg of DMAA in it. Going from a PWO with DMAA in it to a PWO with DMAA's ugly cousin might have had an impact on the overall effectiveness for me. With those 2 things out of the way, let's see how Kraken worked for me.

The first week I took this I thought it was worthless. Again, I think going from Siren to this had an impact on that. That first week I had no energy, it did not get me going for my workouts, I had some focus and some pump factor but the energy and focus just were what I was expecting from a PWO with the magnitude of the ingredient profile it boasts.

Weeks 2-4 I could tell there was some improvement. Focus and energy definitely picked up although it was nothing overpowering. Every time I took this both the energy and focus seemed smooth. It was nothing overpowering but at the same time I wanted more. I like that tunnel vision in the gym and this was no where near that. I was able to focus a little more but also found myself getting distracted between sets at times. Energy was usually just enough to get me going and power me through my workout but did not last much longer than that. I like a PWO that gets me going even when I am tired and do not want to go to the gym and this was not it; even though, I still had solid workouts on it when I felt like not being in the gym.
I will also note that I take HBCDs during my workouts twice a week. With these added, the pumps were a lot more noticeable and almost approached painful at times. Definitely worth combining the two if you have the spare change to add some HBCDs to your intra workout cocktail.

----Value----
Looking on Price Plow it looks like various online retailers sell Kraken from 32.89 to 34.99 pre-shipping cost. This is for 20 servings. Normally I tend to stick to around $1 per serving for my PWO but the older and more knowledgeable I get I have also been looking for supplements with quality ingredients from reputable companies. When I know I am getting a quality supplement from a reputable brand, I am more inclined to pay a little more. I won't go crazy and overspend but this is in a reasonable price range for me that I would be willing to spend my money on.

----Side Effects----
Slight lethargy after a couple of hours but nothing to note other than that.

----Conclusion----
Overall I kind of had mixed feelings on this. There were times I enjoyed it. There were times I felt like I needed a little more of a boost. I think it is a quality PWO that may get a second chance once I reset my adrenal system and have not had a PWO with DMAA in it before taking it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Transparent
  • Clinically Dosed
  • Sex On The Beach: 5/10
pancow
  February 7, 2017

----Introduction----

Snup SR! First I would like to thank Sparta Nutrition for sending Kraken out for review, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. This was one of the best pre-workouts I've taken and provided awesome benefits. However, there were some downsides to it that made me not able to rate this a full 10. Regardless it was still an omazing product to run.
----Ingredient Profile----

The ingredient profile is packed with pump products that also help with strength and endurance. Then you have the stims combined to just top off the ultimate feeling you get from Kraken. There's only 200mg caffeine, but with DMHA at 200mg and Eria Jarensis Extract at 250mg, I'd say we don't need anymore caffeine after knowing the effects of these stims first hand.

Then you have pump ingredients agmatine sulfate, taurine, HydroMax, citrulline, and beta alanine coming in to get those muscles popping. The focus received from Kraken was phenomenal, though I'm not sure if it was from the 500mg of NALT since I've used numerous supplements with this. The ingredient profile is fully disclosed for all to see.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Taste was pretty bearable for a pre workout, but not really a sour gummy bear though it did smell like one. The mixing is perfect but will settle so you have to shake again if you don't chug it down. Dosing was only one scoop for me. If anybody did 2 scoops I wouldn't know what to think lol

----Effectiveness----

First let me start with energy. Kraken kicked in quick and the energy provided had me wanting to lift weights and continue training for about 3-4 hours. Obviously I couldn't train that long, but the rush was there. I walked around pacing waiting for each set, which I haven't done in a pretty good while. Will definitely wake your butt up and make you want to train hard as heck.

Strength was awesome also. One day I checked my deadlift PR after doing way too many sets before, and low and behold I pulled 30lbs. more than previous amount. This did't happen through weeks a progressive training, the supplement just gave me that energy and strength boost to accomplish the task.

Pump and Recovery was definitely my favorite part because my muscles looked nice and thick in the mirrors even after just a few sets. I always recovered at a good pace and the muscle endurance given is unlike I've had with many other brands.

Focus was pretty intense with Kraken, which is not common for me. When I say focus, I mean tunnel vision and having my eyes on the weights and not giving a crap about anything else around me.

----Value----

$33.00 for a tub is definitely not bad if you seek a product that has crazy effectiveness. I understand it's only 20 servings, but with this I feel you're paying for that extra umph to make sh*t happen in the weight room. I'd pay this much if not for the side effects I'm not a big fan of.

----Side Effects----

So I got stim-d*ck and crashed hard as hell like I just tweaked on meth or something. This supplement reminded me heavily of Noxipro's older discontinued version where-in the product made me extremely horny but my d*ck couldn't do anything but sway.

----Conclusion----

If you want to go legitimate beast mode then by all means Kraken is meant for you. Me, I like cleaner pre-workouts and the crash with stim d*ck just made me not want it again because it's a bit much for me. Basically depends on how much umph you need for your next workout. Thanks again for allowing me to review your product Sparta Nutrition.
  • Sour gummy bear: 7/10
pancow
  February 7, 2017

• Sour gummy bear: 7/10
Vaughn
  February 5, 2017

----Introduction----

Hey SR, here on Super Bowl Sunday to drop a review for Sparta Nutritions preworkout Kraken.
As some of you know, I recently had ACL reconstruction surgery and am currently 6 weeks into the recovery. Because of this, my workouts have been pretty limited and I haven't been cleared to do any type of cardio besides a stationary bike which is frustrating. I have been going to physical therapy and starting to to get back to lifting 4-5 times a week. This has been pretty tough but luckily some of the suppl,events, including this one, has helped make that easier. On to the review.

----Ingredient Profile----

I have attached the supplement facts, and as you can see it has ingredients to focus on the usual preworkout factors of energy, endurance, focus, and pump. The doses of these ingredients are fully disclosed and very well dosed. For pump we get 4 g of citrulline, 1 g of agmatine, 1 g of taurine, 100 mg of Norvaline, and my personal favorite 2 g of hydromax. I don't really respond well to citrulline for a pump, usually only agmatine, hydromax, or beet root. So even though the citrulline can be considered a lower dose, I think it makes up for it the other ingredients for me. Some may at first glance question the 200 mg of caffeine as well as most preworkouts are in 300-400 mg range, but kraken makes up for it with an extra 200 mg of DMHA and a newer stimulant in Eric Jarensis. The profile is rounded out with a full 3.2 dosage of Carnosyn Beta Alanine.

Overall, this profile looks loaded with quality ingredients that are well doses, fully disclosed, and attack the right areas for a preworkout. Thumbs up on the profile.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

One scoop 30 min before your workout, standard and easy. Mixability was great, no grittiness at all. The flavor I had was Sex on the Beach and I loved it. I much prefer tropical flavors like that of mango, pineapple, etc instead of say blue razz. I looked forward to it every time.

----Effectiveness----

So Kraken promises focus, energy, pump, and endurance so I'll break it down in those categories.

Focus: Amazing. In fact, I think this was my favorite part of the supplement. Not only did I get the laser like focus in the gym that I love, it really improved my mood and had the "feel good" feeling. I'm going to attribute this to the DMHA and the Eria Jarensis as I had been taking caffeine and other stims in some fat burners previous to that. It has been awhile since I have had a DMHA supplement and glad to see it's availability coming back.

Energy: definitely not a super strong stimulant feeling, but a great jump to the gym that lasted quite a while for me. I think the steady flow of energy combined with the focus really provided a great workout experience.

Pump: This is an area that always seems to lack for me, as my diet being low carb and only responding to certain types of pump ingredients makes it hard to achieve great results. With this however my pumps were well above average and that also makes. A better workout experience as you feel your muscles respond more. Plus, who does t like the swoll/extra veinage feeling. I attribute this to the Hydromax as this is the ingredient that has always worked great for me.

Endurance: a lot of Beta Alanine tingles to begin with, but faded throughout the use of this. Even though the beta tingles left, I'd do feel my endurance was increased as it got easier to do extra sets and reps.

Overall, this preworkout worked great every single time and made me look forward to gettin( to the gym and getting back to my old self after the surgery. I loved the focus and energy this provided and I would highly recommend this for its effectiveness.

----Value----

So, a lot of really good inedients means a higher price. 20 full servings for $33 is pretty expensive, but it worked great for me and has the ingredients and dosages to justify the price so I would buy this again.

----Side Effects----

None, no crash, jitters, or stomach issues.

----Conclusion----

In my honest opinion, I think this is a great preworkout and would definitely buy again. Great product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Intense Focus
  • Amazing Energy
  • Excellent Endurance
  • Fully Transparent
  • Great Flavor
  • Clinically Dosed
smashley23
  January 25, 2017

----Introduction----
I'm a competing powerlifter and am currently in my off-season. I've been pushing my lifts as hard as I can, hoping to break some records when I return to the platform this summer. I just finished a hypertrophy phase (a high volume body part split), and have just started a strength phase (higher frequency/intensity and less volume).

I've used this pre workout with both programs, but primarily with the body part split.

----Ingredient Profile----
Kraken has a well dosed profile. Pumps (4g citrulline, 1.5g hydromax, 1g agmatine), Energy (200mg caffeine, 200mg DMHA, and 250mg Eris Jarensis extract), as well as some other ergogenic aids to round out the product.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I got the sour gummy bear, and I didn't love the flavor. It's definitely sour, but I think of sour candies as sour and sweet and all I got was sour. It's drinkable, but I'd recommend getting sex on the beach instead; I've heard great things about that flavor.

It mixes well, no complaints there. Sometimes pre workouts with hydromax can get clumpy, but I've had no clump issues.

1 scoop is all you need. You may be able to do w/ less if you're sensitive to stims or if you have caffeine in your intra. I have no need to go above one scoop.

----Effectiveness----
The effectiveness is where this product really shines. The energy was great. 200mg caffeine doesn't sound like a lot, but with the DMHA and the eris jarensis extract, it's plenty.

The energy builds up slowly. The "tingles" from the beta-alanine you feel immediately, and the caffeine hits you pretty quickly, but it takes me 20-30 minutes to really feel the DMHA. It's kind of a chilly feeling, like you went out in the cold and then got a rush of adrenaline. The peak lasts around 20 minutes and from there, the energy is more gradual.

The pumps from the agmatine and the citrulline were strong. The calf pumps were a bit painful, but "no pain no gain." I'm not sure if the hydromax is really needed. I personally have never gotten anything from it in terms of pumps, and from what I understand, you need a lot of it to get any hydration benefits, but it's presence doesn't pose any issues.

The focus was good (mainly due to the stims). There weren't any ingredients that I think of as focus ingredients, e.g. noopept or Alpha GPC, but I don't think Kraken needs any of them.

I usually save this pre for my harder days, e.g. leg day, where my workouts can be 1.5-2.5 hours and I have energy from start to finish. I don't know if it's just me, but I find that pres with DMHA don't work as well if I use them multiple days in a row, so at most, I would use it every other day.

----Value----

This pre isn't cheap, but you usually have to pay for good quality. Kraken often retails for around $33, which in my opinion, is a lot for 20 servings. I was able to get a great deal on it for Black Friday. I got 3 tups for $55 shipped, which was a steal. If you ever see a deal like that, run, don't walk, get it!

I think the normal price is fair considering that other pres sell for the same amount, but don't offer as much. I've seen people pay that much for stim-free products that have basically the same pump agents/quantities but no stims.

I can't afford the normal price though, so I'll be savoring these tubs for a while. I did finish the first tub, but I got two more.

----Side Effects----

Sometimes, I crash after I take this pre. I think it's the DMHA, as I've had other pres with it and had a similar crash. Other than that, I was fine. I wasn't overly stimmed or nauseous or anything. I usually only use this pre once a week though. In part from the crash and in part I don't want to build a tolerance to it.

----Conclusion----

If you're looking for a new pre to try and you're cool with exotic stims, then I'd definitely consider Sparta Kraken. It's a great option for people like me who like other stims, e.g. DMHA, teacrine, etc but don't fair too well with a lot of caffeine. Many pres with these stimulants are 300+mg of caffeine which is too much for me.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Intense Focus
  • Amazing Energy
  • Fully Transparent
  • Patented Ingredients
  • Clinically Dosed
  • A Bit Expensive
  • Sour gummy bear: 6/10
bromine2122
  January 22, 2017

Introduction + Supplement facts
Huge thank you to Sparta Nutrition for their support of the SR Troops program. I know they are pretty active on the site. Kraken is the first product that I have tired. One of the reasons why I wanted to review it was the very unique formulation for it. Kraken claims to deliver focus, energy, pump, and endurance. Now let's see what kind of sea legion this product is.
Sparta Nutrition did a great job with this unique formulation for kraken. With kraken you will get a full label of each indigent that is listed. You have 4g of l-citullne which is on the low end but it still worked 6-8g would be nice. You also have the 3.2g of carnosyn beta-alanine which is highest quality on the market. Hydomax 2g for you pumps along 1g of taurine, and 1g of agmatine to round out your pump indigents. Next you have 500mg of NALT for you focus. Eria jarensis at 250mg and focus agent. Then you have the caffeine at 200mg followed by 200mg of DMHA and lastly l-norvaline at 100mg. Some users might be asking why the caffeine amount is only 200mg
Taste + Mixability + Dosing
This is the only thing that I didn't like about the product was the taste. I was hoping to get sour gummy bears. I'm a big fan our sour tasting items. But they sent me was sex on the beach. I'm really hoping that the drink doesn't taste like this stuff. If you really like a water down peach tea then you would like this flavor. I did a 50/50 split with running it. Meaning half of the time I dried scooped which was even worse on the taste but holy s**t balls on the effectives or I would drink it. Overall taste was really bad but the product the effectiveness of kraken made up for it. Dosing was 1 scoop with 8-10oz of water 30mins before killing it at the gym.

Effectiveness 9.0/10
Now this is where kraken makes you feeling like mythical sea monster. During my first warm-up set "which I don't count." On this day I was doing chest press machine for 6sets with the rep range being a little higher to get the blood going. So my reps were 12-18. During this time the focus and energy really started to kick in just within the first 15mins. Now this feeling was each time that's how I knew this was going to be a solid pre-workout. When I moved into my first that's when the sea monster took over and said "move big weight now." When I went to my first working set of smith machine bench press that's when the euphoric feeling along with the focus really kicked in. I normally start with 225lb this time I started with 275lb for my first set with the rep range of 6-8. The endurance aspect kicked in along with the chest pump during my first working exercise. I'm not going to go through my entire workout routine. But kraken got better and more intense the longer I was lifting. It's like during each set I was in a focus frame of mind.

Value 8.0/10
Looks like Ebay.com was the cheapest place to buy kraken which was 36.99 for 20 servings. The price per serving is going to be 1.84 which is not the cheapest but I would pay for it with the results I got.

----Side Effects----
Other than feeling like a sea creature in the gym zero side effects.

----Conclusion----
If you really want to try something different that will knock your socks off try kraken from Sparta nutrition. This pre workout is great for the advance user like myself or someone that want's and overall quality product. I'm for sure buying another tub. Next time it's going to be sour gummy bear. Great stuff kraken is here to stay!
  • No Creatine
  • Sex On The Beach: 3/10
kalans

January 22, 2017

(Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!)
Alright you swashbuckler's, this is bananas.. BANANAS! I had a good week long stimulant break before working on this review, and that goes with my 3-4 day training split meaning I am not on stimulants for my off days.. So tolerance isn't as bad as it once was, which is a vast improvement! I would normally pass on this company, because they are known for their SARM/Pro Hormone type products.. But then this hit Stack3d, and following Priceplow which just made me want it more.. I have been in a cutting diet and routine here lately, in fact I am down 22lbs and still dropping! Because I am not relying on stimulants I felt this product probably more effectively than I would have if my tolerance was higher.

Supplement Facts
This is the whole reason I wanted to review this product, and I even had emailed them to find out if I could do a review for it. Starting off we have Citrulline NOT CM, which is dosed at 4g meaning it is about the same amount of 6g CM (2:1 ratio). I always feel the effects of CM better than Citrulline, but this is a solid dose. Beta Alainine is given at 3.2g, but in the patented form CarnoSyn which is always more potent (very NICE - Borat). Forget Glycerol Monosterate... We have 2 solid grams of Hydromax, which compared to GMS is over 45% more potent as GMS typically only contains 20% and Hydromax is 65%! Taurine is 1g, and while I am not fully sure on how well this interacts with BA due to competing for similar receptors.. I am happy to have it in here due to the benefits of Pump and Endurance. There weren't done with the pump just yet, because they also added 1g Agmatine Sulfate. Lastly they included a pump extender Norvaline at 100mg, which brings a solid profile to a close on Pump + Endurance Ingredients. ok ok, are we there yet? These ingredients up to this point are already better dosed than a lot of Pre Workout OR Pump products on the market, and then we have even more ingredients that work synergistically to kick even more BOOTY (errghh). NALT (500mg) + Eria Jarensis Extract (250mg) + Caffeine (200mg), DMHA (200mg), with the exception of the Caffeine these are excellent dosages but of course I would love more NALT. One comment on the Caffeine, Sparta told Priceplow

"One major comment in regards to why we only put 200mg of caffeine: 200mg is a moderate dose of caffeine instead of 300-400mg because of the doses of Eria, DMHA, NALT, and B12 we put in - all beyond any major competitor we could find. We could've saturated it with caffeine which is so cheap, however there was no need as it'd just detract from the overall balance."

For more information covering the ingredients in depth, please read the following link on PricePlow: https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/sparta-nutrition/kraken

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
Sex on the beach, who wouldn't want that?! Well I bet it isn't as great as it sounds due to the sand.. And if you like peaches + sand, Sparta will be right up your alley! It is of course bitter from the Citrulline and Stimulants, but I feel they did a better job than similar products in covering it up. It does have a gritty texture to it, but tolerable. Mixability is good enough, some sediment as you will need to shake or swirl it. Dosing for me was only and ALWAYS 1 full serving measured out, as I didn't feel a need to go beyond that. All in all it really did feel like sex on the beach, you know with a peach bottomed girl and the taste of sand ;)

Effectiveness 9.5/10 (Averaged)
Using this product was a surprise for me, as I didn't expect as much as I got. I only ran this at 1 serving as the stimulant effect was so strong I didn't feel it to be any more beneficial to take more. I also didn't want to null or lessen the effects by taking any less, as the was performing just right.

Focus 9.5/10
How can it be that the big four gave such an amazing ride? From the first 15 minutes of drinking it on the way to the gym I could feel the focus starting to come in, and it wasn't until my first set or so (30 minutes) before it reached max effectiveness. It was like a freight train coming my way.. Yeah tunnel focus was very good at this level, but I feel the mind to muscle connection was even more noticeable as I continued use of this product. There wasn't much of a crash issue either, which is typically what has happened to my with other DMHA products and leading into an anxiety stricken feeling. I felt the focus throughout most of the workout being above a 8, but starting from a 9.5 which was just what I needed to get going with less carbs in my diet. As the Rock would say.. FOCUS!

Energy + Endurance 9.6/10
I debated on how to keep the energy aspect from being tied with Endurance, but they work so well together here. As the stimulants worked their magic and my HR would increase, the Energy perceived was a potent effect. I literally felt like going harder or longer (that's what she said..), as the energizer bunny would with little decrease in the energy level while at the gym. Endurance was great, as the N.O. Pump allows for a better supply of nutrients ala blood flow, in addition to the Taurine + Beta Alanine hitting it at the same time. I could tell there was a difference in my endurance while running this product, as I noticed going past my typical rep counts for many exercises.

Pump 9.2/10
Lastly there is pump... PUMP CITY! I haven't felt such a great pump from a pre workout that wasn't specifically meant for pump! The formulation takes many aspects to deliver stronger and harder muscles (yeah baby!), aka fullness alpha aspect! Think of being the Alpha Guerilla with the Pumped Out chest and arms, as the focus contributed to this mindset for me (I am not the DB walking around mind you). I had excellent results with CN3, and other forms of nitrates from other products in the past, but I really enjoyed the effectiveness in Kraken.

Value 8.5/10
I was able to find this online for $32.89 at 20 servings costing $1.65 per serving. Being this is a newer product I would assume it may have a better price point down the line, or the eventual sales.. but with the patented ingredients and profile, you really can't go wrong! Maybe add some of your own creatine when you take it or even post and you will be set.

Side Effects
I typically only note side effects when they are present, but I wanted to note that even while this has DMHA I was pleasantly surprised that I did not have any anxiety issues while using this product. I would say that if you take too much, you will probably have heart rate issues as I was feeling my HR increase even with just 1 serving.

Conclusion 9/10
I am pleasantly surprised partially, yet it was as great as expected.. maybe a little bit more! I had my doubts about the caffeine only being 200mg which is close to half the amount of other products, but the synergistic combination of stimulants brought this home. I find myself wishing I had gotten the sour gummy flavor, but a little sex on the beach hit the spot. Thank you SPARTA!!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Intense Focus
  • Clinically Dosed
  • Patented Ingredients
  • Great Flavor
  • Fully Transparent
  • Excellent Endurance
  • Powerful Pumps