Ranks #4 (better than 99%)
In: Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Kraken is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Sparta Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
ARTICLES

Welcome to SupplementReviews.com

The supplement industry is notorious for agressive marketing and misinformation.

bogusforlife
  April 4, 2017

Kraken has been on my "to-try" list since I first saw the profile and getting it for a dollar per serving thanks to a BOGO free deal was almost impossible to resist.

As mentioned above, the profile on this preworkout checks every box I personally look for. I prefer a moderate caffeine dose, solid pump enhancers and a nice focus boost and the label for Kraken looks to provide just that. 200 mg's of caffeine is literally my sweet spot but I had my reservations about DMHA and Eria Jarensis as they're relatively new and have little more than anecdotal feedback available regarding effectiveness and safety.

Four grams of l-citrulline, two grams of HydroMax, one gram of agmatine sulfate and 100 mg's of l-norvaline aim to increase pumps from multiple angles. From actual vasodilation with l-citrulline to intramuscular hydration via HydroMax to the inhibition of the breakdown of arginine with l-norvaline, you would be hard pressed to find more well dosed pump ingredients in an all-in-one product, especially one with only 200 mg's of caffeine.

One gram of taurine, half a gram of NALT and the fully disclosed and relatively large doses of DMHA and Eria Jarensis combined with the caffeine shows Sparta Nutrition was not content to do anything in this product halfway, especially the focus and mood enhancement.

When snagging the BOGO, I went with the newest flavors, watermelon rancher and bombsicle. I have not opened the bombsicle yet but the watermelon rancher is very enjoyable to drink. The flavoring is prefer but not overpowering and is easily identifiable as watermelon.

The product mixes great and that's when being mixed with an unflavored carbohydrate powder in roughly 20 ounces of water. I also appreciate the fact that a level scoop provides exactly 15 grams (15.13 grams is the serving size) after being weighed on multiple occasions. That is something I'm always mindful of when trying to keep my stimulant intake in check.

I am happy to report that Kraken delivers in every area that I hoped for based on the packed out profile. The energy from this product is top notch for someone who keeps their stimulant intake pretty controlled (rarely go over 250 mg's of caffeine per serving on a regular basis). The focus and mood boost are some of the best I have ever experienced. I get so dialed in that moving between exercises is seamless and waiting my prescribed rest intervals between sets is borderline impossible due to the increased drive. I know this has to be the DMHA and Eria Jarensis because I am familiar with all of the other ingredients found in this product. The combination is genuinely one of the most potent I have had in a long, long time. The best part is that even though I am extremely energized and driven, I never feel out of control or uneasy like I do when I push my caffeine intake too far. The energy and focus are so elevated that I do experience a mild "come down" once I leave the gym, shower and get in the car to head to work. I wouldn't call it a crash by any means though and the best part is that the dropped off level is still so much higher than what other products provide and my energy and focus are elevated for a large portion of my day afterwards (like right now at 10 AM when I took Kraken at 5 AM).

The pumps on this product are great as well. They're a very dense type of pump which is hard to describe but those who have felt them should know what I mean. My muscles don't "balloon" up as much as they would with some other pump-specific products but they just feel incredibly solid and they come on QUICK (like before the workout even begins). My endurance is noticeably better when on this product and I think that's honestly due to the increased energy and focus. It just makes weight that would normally seem like a challenge, feel lighter and like I am more in control as I move through each working set.

As mentioned before, I snagged this beast of a preworkout on a BOGO free sale making each serving/workout effectively a dollar. For a dollar per workout, this product is hard to beat in my opinion. Even at the regular price putting it between $1.50 and $2.00 per serving, this product is still worth it for the insane energy/focus and incredible drive to move heavy things. Keep in mind that those with a higher stimulant intake may not be blown away as I am but I don't foresee this product being out of my stash any time soon regardless of what price I am able to pick it up at.

Side Effects

I do experience a mild "come down" as referenced above and some serious dry mouth afterwards but I am drinking water all day every day any way so that's easy to circumvent.

Conclusion

This is far and away my favorite preworkout on the market. I don't see anything else I could add to it at this point as I have thoroughly enjoyed every single workout while using this product. My only concern is the safety and compliance aspects of DMHA and Eria Jarensis and I am eagerly looking forward to any data that can be found regarding those aspects. I am not saying that I suspect this product to contain anything illicit in it but you honestly never know with newer to market ingredients so any reassurance to that effect would be nice.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Transparent
  • Intense Focus
  • Amazing Energy
  • Excellent Endurance
    • Watermelon Rancher: 8/10
    PiccoloPete
    TROOPer Level: 45
      March 4, 2017

Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!

Big shout out to Sparta Nutrition for sending Kraken out to the Troopers and Expert reviewers! A little bit about myself, I workout to live a better life and not live to workout. My workouts consist of a compound and then some accessory hypertrophy. I have joined a bandwagon of Keto, I have broken though a weight plateau, and his has caused strength to drop a considerable amount. At the moment I am not concerned because I will make a comeback to where I was and I will be leaner this time around.

Sparta Nutrition has an open label with dosing on point for a balanced preworkout. Some stim junkies will want a little more caffeine, I feel with the added DMHA it give the perfect 1-2 punch. With pump ingredients like citrulline, agmatine, hydromax you know you will be getting a good pump that will last well into your workout.

I requested the Sour Gummy Bear flavor I had high hopes for the flavor and it honestly let me down. It smelled wonderful like a true bag of gummy bears. Kraken is not the worst tasting preworkout it is however very tart. In terms of mixability it has trouble because you get sandy sediment every time.

Dosing: Kraken to me was a 1 scoop preworkout every time. I will note that I did use half scoops sometimes when I would have to workout late at night (Any time over 9pm)

I will rate Kraken on the 3 things most of us want from a preworkout.

Energy: So like I mentioned earlier I never needed a second scoop of Kraken. If you look at the label ooh man only 200mg of caffeine (says every stim junkie). Nope in my eyes the amount of caffeine paired with DMHA is a perfect combo, long lasting energy that gave me some great workouts, even when taking 1/2 a scoop, I would have enough energy to get in some good lifts! I have been on a Keto diet, and I can tell that my energy levels where pretty low on the first couple weeks of being on Keto. Kraken made me feel great with 0 crash or lethargy.

Pump: Kraken gave me sick pumps, for being on a Keto diet. The pumps came hard and fast but only lasted 30-40 minutes. I will not take any point away from Kraken for this because I have realized that pumps are harder to maintain while on a Keto Diet. Even with short lasting pumps, I did achieve that skin tearing pump within a few sets of anything of reps over 10.

I recall a leg day from 3 weeks ago where I did a variation of muscle occlusion training on a leg press - 4 sets of 12-15 reps without taking your feet off the platform. When I stood up my quads turned bright red (I have super white legs) and managed to get painful rush of blood to them baby quads.

Focus: Focus was on par with some other great preworkouts that I have tried. It wasn't tunnel vision type of focus but more of not letting yourself just move the weight. I noticed a greater mind muscle connection as I would be thinking about a specific area on the back, quad, front delt etc. I also found myself slowing down reps and forcing blood into the muscle.
    Even if I wasn't feeling pumped anymore, I could feel the muscle activating each and every rep.

In terms of value I find it to be fair for what you are getting. A pre workout that is dosed appropriately and works great every single time! You can find it for under 40 bucks from a few places like getsupps.com and phwsupplements.com. Yes Kraken comes with 20 servings but some of us only workout 3-5x per week. Kraken lasted me way over a month!

Side Effects

None!

Conclusion

Kraken is a not your typical preworkout! It is an amazing option in a sea of preworkout supplements that gets the job done without the side effects that some may cause. Sparta Nutrition has provided us with a Great Supplement that is no gimmicks and provides solid results scoop after scoop.

I sincerely apologize for taking so long in writing this review. Life get sin the way sometimes and I honestly didn't want to write a crap review!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clinically Dosed
    • Fully Transparent
    • Intense Focus
    • Amazing Energy
    • Patented Ingredients
    • Gritty
    • Extreamly Tart
    • Sour gummy bear: 5/10
    Bill_Plates
    TROOPer Level: 16
      February 25, 2017

Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!

Wanna start off with an apology to Sparta Nutrition for the delay on the review. Me and my old lady are in the midst of a move, and while I've known I had a review to do, I never found the time to give one with my full attention, so here goes my full review!

With how busy I have been I had more or less taken a break from many of my usual supplements, and my preworkouts were pretty much all I was taking to help with energy in the gym. I decided to pick this up because the profile looked nice and who could pass up "Sex on the beach"?

Kraken delivers in every area for me. It has a good dose of beta coming in at 3.2, the pump products are on point with 4g of citrulline, 2g of hydromaz, and a gram of agmatine. Pumps weren't skin splitting, but it definitely had me doing double takes in the gym mirror. The caffeine is a nice amount, could be more but with this products effectiveness I can't complain a bit. This product is also topped off by DMHA and Eria Jarensis extract to give that extra kick which the Kraken never failed to deliver.

I requested the Sex on the Beach flavor. I mean, c'mon, It's sex on the beach. This flavor started off really good to me, but about halfway through the container the flavor got a little bland. Which happens at times, it just wasn't a flavor I wanted day after day, but still a good flavor. Never an issue with the mixing, just the same few particles like most other PWO's. Dosing called for 1 15.13g scoop. I always start off with 1 scoop, and depending on the intensity of that workout I adjust accordingly. Needless to say I 1 scooped this every day as it made for outstanding workouts.

This is a preworkout that I would enjoy taking time and time again. It gave everything you need in a Pre. Good pumps, tunnel vision focus, tingles and a sense of alertness but not too strong. Out of the 20 scoops in the container, I'd say maybe 2 workouts were lackluster and those workouts were strictly on me.

Prices on this are somewhere in the range of $33-40, and while I usually wouldn't spend around $2 a scoop on a pwo, this is one I can confidently say I'd buy again. The workouts justify the cost, but with it being a 20sv tub, I would like to see a slight cost decrease.

Side Effects

Nothing bad, Though this preworkout did make me feel unusually thirsty. But you can never have too much water anyway.

Conclusion

Definitely a top tier preworkout. The ingredients back up it's claims and The Kraken doesn't disappoint. If the price is in your ballpark, give it a shot. I wish I could try the sour gummy bear as well, but you can never go wrong with Sex on the Beach! Great job Sparta Nutrition, and again, sorry for the delayed review.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clinically Dosed
    • Fully Transparent
    • Intense Focus
    • Amazing Energy
    • Sex On The Beach: 7/10
    elee229
    TROOPer Level: 40
      February 21, 2017

Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!
    Please ignore my terrible title lol.

Shoutout to Spartan Nutrition for participating in the SR Trooper program. Thank you for giving me a chance to try this product. The main reason why I was attracted to this product was because of the 200mg of DMHA with 200mg of caffeine. This is the first product I have tried from Spartan Nutrition. Let's see how it did.

As I mentioned before, the product has 200mg of DMHA. For those who aren't familiar DMHA is 2-aminoisoheptane on the label. DMHA gives the feel good feeling and with 200mg of caffeine, it gives a nice kick. Combined together it is an energy-boosting, good vibing (if that's even a word) preworkout. But to go along with those two ingredients, Spartan Nutrition has added ingredients to get a good pump (citrulline, agmatine, taurine, hydromax, and norvaline). It also has the proper dosage of Carnosyn beta alanine at 3.2 grams. The product also has Eria Jarensis Extract at 250mg. This was new for me and after researching, it is a new stimulant. The product helps give a strong euphoric effect. S**t had me popping. Check out the effectiveness section for an explanation.

Taste
    I received the Sex on the Beach flavor. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate it around a 6. I wish I had asked to try the Sour Gummy Bear. I did not like it the first time I tried it and still did not like it till the end. I know that Sex on the Beach is typically an alcoholic beverage. Now I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I'm not a huge drinker and I wonder if that affected my opinion. I did like the fruitiness of it though. Overall not my favorite flavor. I would love to see more flavors for this product.

Mixability
    This was as gritty as sand on the beach. I had to shake it before I took a swig since there was settlement on the bottom. Added it with about 10 ounces of water every time.

This was a one scooper every time. 200mg of DMHA and caffeine is the perfect amount for me. I took this around 30 minutes before my workout. I could feel the tingles as soon as I finished the preworkout. When I started warming up, I was fired up and ready to go.

Like I said, this had me popping. I was bouncing off the walls with happiness. It was extremely effective for me. Throughout my whole workout, I felt I could f**k all the weight up. I had good pumps, but the focus and the energy were unreal. I could lift weights all day on this product.

After a few sets I would look in the mirror (who doesn't) and definitely thought that I looked good. Looked and felt full and thick. Forearms were amped up. Veins were popping.

Heavy weights felt light. I hit multiple PR's in reps and weights throughout the running of this product. Focus was on me and on me only. I saw the weights and I lifted them. No one or nothing was distracting me. I was all the way up and nothing could stop me. Strength also went up during the run of the product. My whole workout I was working at 100%. Never did I slow down. My main lifts were easy and I increased weight on my accessory movements.

At the moment, I only it available on a few sites. Prices average around $40-$50. So per scoop (20 scoops per container), $2-$2.5. This is definitely on the higher end price point wise. However it is dosed correctly with effective stimulants. I would definitely buy this with my own money at this price. With a preworkout this effective, who wouldn't buy it?

Side Effects
    Made me horny as s**t, but is that really a side effect? I did experience some loosey gooseyness during my rests between sets. I looked like an idiot dancing around my gym. I did not experience any cold sweats, crashes, or bad feelings afterwards like many SR reviewers have mentioned.

Conclusion
    Try it. That's all I have to say. Give it a try and make some gains!
    Thank you again Spartan Nutrition. Peace.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clinically Dosed
    • Fully Transparent
    • Intense Focus
    • Amazing Energy
    • Excellent Endurance
    • Sex On The Beach: 6/10
    Isplisgardt
    TROOPer Level: 49
      February 18, 2017

Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!

First off big thanks to Sparta Nutrition for letting me try this gem. Second, Sparta Nutrition for brand of the year, everything I have tried from them has been phenomenal. Kraken is their pre workout product and its an absolute beast of a product. It has a little bit of everything and when all blended together works very well.

Fully disclosed ingredients list and my goodness is this thing loaded. 4g L-Citrulline, 1g Agmatine Sulfate, 2g Hydromax.... Holy pump. Then you get the full dose of Beta Alanine and top that off with an impressive blend for energy and focus and you get a top notch high quality pre workout product. Full of all the goodies one could ask for. Maybe creatine could be the only thing one could possibly add but even then its not a huge deal that it doesnt have it.

Dosage is easy and straight forward, one scoop 30 minute pre workout. Very simple. Mixing was just fine, no grit at the bottom of the shaker. I had the sour gummy bear flavor. It was kind of a let down, it was definitely sour so that part they nailed but it was kind of chemical tasting. Not a deal breaker though considering how well it worked.

Boom! This stuff hits hard! The energy and focus rush is insane. about 15 to 20 minutes after taking it, the beta tingles kick in and the focus becomes more acute and my eyes start to open up because my energy levels are spiking. The razor like focus really had me in the zone and gave me the edge to push myself harder than I had in a long time. Energy levels were through the roof, never did I find myself tired during a workout. As far as endurance goes I was able to push out extra reps on weights and even being able to throw some extra sets in because I simply wasnt drained the way I was in the past. Pumps were yuge, all the pump ingredients thrown together had the veins popping and the muscles looking full. Calve pumps , foremarm pumps, bicep pumps were even sort of painful. I even hit some PRs while using this product(not really PRs but weight I hadnt hit since the heart issue) so this product had me all sorts of amped up. Simply put I loved every scoop and every scoop was just as effective as the first.

39.99 for 20 scoops. Its higher than average but its worth 2$ a scoop and id pay it any day of the week

Side Effects

about 15 minutes after my workouts ended I crashed pretty hard. I hadnt crashed like that since I used the amphetamine laced Craze. I was so tired and so drained I would just sit there and stare off into space.

Conclusion

This is easily in my top 3 pre workouts that Ive ever tried. Every scoop delivered maximum performance to help deliver maximum results. I would definitely buy this again and even got my buddy to try and order it but theyre out of stock. THis product gets a thumbs up. Sparta for brand of the year!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clinically Dosed
    • Fully Transparent
    • Intense Focus
    • Amazing Energy
    • Crash Afterwards
    • Sour gummy bear: 6/10
    willyb87
    TROOPer Level: 49
      February 16, 2017

Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!

I 1st read about Kraken on another site and loved the profile, originally I read this was supposed to have DMAA in it and that would have been great but lets see how it stacked up without it.

A solid and fully disclosed profile here, for pumps they have pure citrulline at 4 grams, agmatine at 1 gram, Hydromax at 2 grams(love this amount) and then 100mg of norvaline to help hold the pump a little longer. Caffeine isn't overpowering at 200mg and the beta alanine is effectively dosed at 3.2g, also some taurine added in there as well.

I have only 2 complaints on this product and the 1st is here.... I received as requested Sour Gummy Bears.... I opened the tub and smelled and wow delicious smelled just like a fresh bag of haribo gummy bears, scooped up the powder about 30 minutes before workout shook it up in the shaker and it mixed great... Took a big sip and bam the most chemical aftertaste I think I have ever encountered, but a flat tasting absolutely nothing like gummy bear thing I have ever tasted... But this is a preworkout so I'm not taking too many points for taste here, because honestly my expectations were probably too high anyways.

From the time I picked up the 1st weight till the time I walked out the door I felt great and ready to lift. While on this I had clean energy and a focus to rival almost anything else ive ever used. My workouts lately have been of varying styles but consistent in the sense of starting out with heavy movements and ending with some serious volume. My muscles seem to really swell and hold a pump for a good while, I felt like my body held onto the water I chugged down intra-workout more than usual. The energy was always very clean and not noticeable in coming on, but I always could tell it was there. Coming off the workout on a few occasions I had some issues that I will mention in the side effect section.
    '

On average I have seen this around $33, everything is dosed well and the profile is solid its only 20 servings but I still think the pricepoint here is solid and I would buy even if not on sale which I have seen several of on this.

Side Effects

On a few occasions after the workout I would crash HARD, out of 20 workouts probably 3-4 times but I thought worth mentioning. Not just a normal stim crash either. Cold sweats, nausea, and just an overall drained and beatdown feeling. On these days nothing was out of the ordinary and the preworkout was the only constant but I'm not going to put the entire blame on the product.

Conclusion

Even though I had a couple issues it isn't anything that would chase me off from using this again as while I was in the gym this product had me performing at what I feel like was top gear for me. Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending this outto us TROOPs and I look forward to whatever is in the works next.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clinically Dosed
    • Fully Transparent
    • Intense Focus
    • Excellent Endurance
    • Pumps
    • Sour gummy bear: 4/10
    Parasite
    TROOPer Level: 35
      February 8, 2017

Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!

I decided to pick Kraken up because of the ingredient profile and also because I have seen nothing but good reviews for Sparta Nutrition's supplements. I have been following "The Best Damn Workout for Natural Lifters" from T-Nation for the last 2-3 months with pretty good results. Thanks to Sparta for participating in the TROOPs program.

Solid, well rounded ingredient profile that has effective doses that help deliver on the marketing claims. Not much else to note as Sparta Nutrition includes all the necessary ingredients that you would want for a product claiming it delivers focus, energy, pump and endurance. Plus it has DMHA! Kalans, Pancow, Vaughn and others have done a good job of breaking down the ingredient profile so check out their reviews for a more in-depth dive.

I did not request a flavor for this and was sent Sex on the Beach. I did not care for this at first but it eventually became tolerable. Sparta Nutrition seemed to pixie dust the flavor to try and mask the chemical taste from the ingredients. It wasn't a flavor I looked forward to drinking but it also was not anything that I did not want to drink. As long as the flavor is something I can at least tolerate, flavor is usually not a big deal to me.

True one scooper. Never used more. Never used less. Added 1 scoop to about 6-8 ounces of water and gave it a shake for 10 seconds or so. Most of it dissolved. Had a little settlement but I always tend to swirl my PWO before taking another drink if I set it down so by the time I finish it there is nothing in the bottom of the shaker.

I'm not quite as sold on this as others. Did it work? Yes! Did it work to the effect it did on the others that have reviewed it so far? No! This could be due to 2 things though. First, my adrenal system could be shot. My caffeine intake is upward of 600mg+ per day. Second, I used this after using the PWO Siren which had 75mg of DMAA in it. Going from a PWO with DMAA in it to a PWO with DMAA's ugly cousin might have had an impact on the overall effectiveness for me. With those 2 things out of the way, let's see how Kraken worked for me.

The first week I took this I thought it was worthless. Again, I think going from Siren to this had an impact on that. That first week I had no energy, it did not get me going for my workouts, I had some focus and some pump factor but the energy and focus just were what I was expecting from a PWO with the magnitude of the ingredient profile it boasts.

Weeks 2-4 I could tell there was some improvement. Focus and energy definitely picked up although it was nothing overpowering. Every time I took this both the energy and focus seemed smooth. It was nothing overpowering but at the same time I wanted more. I like that tunnel vision in the gym and this was no where near that. I was able to focus a little more but also found myself getting distracted between sets at times. Energy was usually just enough to get me going and power me through my workout but did not last much longer than that. I like a PWO that gets me going even when I am tired and do not want to go to the gym and this was not it; even though, I still had solid workouts on it when I felt like not being in the gym.
    I will also note that I take HBCDs during my workouts twice a week. With these added, the pumps were a lot more noticeable and almost approached painful at times. Definitely worth combining the two if you have the spare change to add some HBCDs to your intra workout cocktail.

Looking on Price Plow it looks like various online retailers sell Kraken from 32.89 to 34.99 pre-shipping cost. This is for 20 servings. Normally I tend to stick to around $1 per serving for my PWO but the older and more knowledgeable I get I have also been looking for supplements with quality ingredients from reputable companies. When I know I am getting a quality supplement from a reputable brand, I am more inclined to pay a little more. I won't go crazy and overspend but this is in a reasonable price range for me that I would be willing to spend my money on.

Side Effects

Slight lethargy after a couple of hours but nothing to note other than that.

Conclusion

Overall I kind of had mixed feelings on this. There were times I enjoyed it. There were times I felt like I needed a little more of a boost. I think it is a quality PWO that may get a second chance once I reset my adrenal system and have not had a PWO with DMAA in it before taking it.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clinically Dosed
    • Fully Transparent
    • Crash Afterwards
    • Sex On The Beach: 5/10
    pancow
    TROOPer Level: 67
      February 7, 2017

Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!

Snup SR! First I would like to thank Sparta Nutrition for sending Kraken out for review, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. This was one of the best pre-workouts I've taken and provided awesome benefits. However, there were some downsides to it that made me not able to rate this a full 10. Regardless it was still an omazing product to run.

The ingredient profile is packed with pump products that also help with strength and endurance. Then you have the stims combined to just top off the ultimate feeling you get from Kraken. There's only 200mg caffeine, but with DMHA at 200mg and Eria Jarensis Extract at 250mg, I'd say we don't need anymore caffeine after knowing the effects of these stims first hand.

Then you have pump ingredients agmatine sulfate, taurine, HydroMax, citrulline, and beta alanine coming in to get those muscles popping. The focus received from Kraken was phenomenal, though I'm not sure if it was from the 500mg of NALT since I've used numerous supplements with this. The ingredient profile is fully disclosed for all to see.

Taste was pretty bearable for a pre workout, but not really a sour gummy bear though it did smell like one. The mixing is perfect but will settle so you have to shake again if you don't chug it down. Dosing was only one scoop for me. If anybody did 2 scoops I wouldn't know what to think lol

First let me start with energy. Kraken kicked in quick and the energy provided had me wanting to lift weights and continue training for about 3-4 hours. Obviously I couldn't train that long, but the rush was there. I walked around pacing waiting for each set, which I haven't done in a pretty good while. Will definitely wake your butt up and make you want to train hard as heck.

Strength was awesome also. One day I checked my deadlift PR after doing way too many sets before, and low and behold I pulled 30lbs. more than previous amount. This did't happen through weeks a progressive training, the supplement just gave me that energy and strength boost to accomplish the task.

Pump and Recovery was definitely my favorite part because my muscles looked nice and thick in the mirrors even after just a few sets. I always recovered at a good pace and the muscle endurance given is unlike I've had with many other brands.

Focus was pretty intense with Kraken, which is not common for me. When I say focus, I mean tunnel vision and having my eyes on the weights and not giving a crap about anything else around me.

$33.00 for a tub is definitely not bad if you seek a product that has crazy effectiveness. I understand it's only 20 servings, but with this I feel you're paying for that extra umph to make sh*t happen in the weight room. I'd pay this much if not for the side effects I'm not a big fan of.

Side Effects

So I got stim-d*ck and crashed hard as hell like I just tweaked on meth or something. This supplement reminded me heavily of Noxipro's older discontinued version where-in the product made me extremely horny but my d*ck couldn't do anything but sway.

Conclusion

If you want to go legitimate beast mode then by all means Kraken is meant for you. Me, I like cleaner pre-workouts and the crash with stim d*ck just made me not want it again because it's a bit much for me. Basically depends on how much umph you need for your next workout. Thanks again for allowing me to review your product Sparta Nutrition.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Amazing Energy
    • Clinically Dosed
    • Fully Transparent
    • Intense Focus
    • Excellent Endurance
    • Patented Ingredients
    • Sour gummy bear: 7/10
    Vaughn
    TROOPer Level: 45
      February 5, 2017

Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!

Hey SR, here on Super Bowl Sunday to drop a review for Sparta Nutritions preworkout Kraken.
    As some of you know, I recently had ACL reconstruction surgery and am currently 6 weeks into the recovery. Because of this, my workouts have been pretty limited and I haven't been cleared to do any type of cardio besides a stationary bike which is frustrating. I have been going to physical therapy and starting to to get back to lifting 4-5 times a week. This has been pretty tough but luckily some of the suppl,events, including this one, has helped make that easier. On to the review.

I have attached the supplement facts, and as you can see it has ingredients to focus on the usual preworkout factors of energy, endurance, focus, and pump. The doses of these ingredients are fully disclosed and very well dosed. For pump we get 4 g of citrulline, 1 g of agmatine, 1 g of taurine, 100 mg of Norvaline, and my personal favorite 2 g of hydromax. I don't really respond well to citrulline for a pump, usually only agmatine, hydromax, or beet root. So even though the citrulline can be considered a lower dose, I think it makes up for it the other ingredients for me. Some may at first glance question the 200 mg of caffeine as well as most preworkouts are in 300-400 mg range, but kraken makes up for it with an extra 200 mg of DMHA and a newer stimulant in Eric Jarensis. The profile is rounded out with a full 3.2 dosage of Carnosyn Beta Alanine.

Overall, this profile looks loaded with quality ingredients that are well doses, fully disclosed, and attack the right areas for a preworkout. Thumbs up on the profile.

One scoop 30 min before your workout, standard and easy. Mixability was great, no grittiness at all. The flavor I had was Sex on the Beach and I loved it. I much prefer tropical flavors like that of mango, pineapple, etc instead of say blue razz. I looked forward to it every time.

So Kraken promises focus, energy, pump, and endurance so I'll break it down in those categories.

Focus: Amazing. In fact, I think this was my favorite part of the supplement. Not only did I get the laser like focus in the gym that I love, it really improved my mood and had the "feel good" feeling. I'm going to attribute this to the DMHA and the Eria Jarensis as I had been taking caffeine and other stims in some fat burners previous to that. It has been awhile since I have had a DMHA supplement and glad to see it's availability coming back.

Energy: definitely not a super strong stimulant feeling, but a great jump to the gym that lasted quite a while for me. I think the steady flow of energy combined with the focus really provided a great workout experience.

Pump: This is an area that always seems to lack for me, as my diet being low carb and only responding to certain types of pump ingredients makes it hard to achieve great results. With this however my pumps were well above average and that also makes. A better workout experience as you feel your muscles respond more. Plus, who does t like the swoll/extra veinage feeling. I attribute this to the Hydromax as this is the ingredient that has always worked great for me.

Endurance: a lot of Beta Alanine tingles to begin with, but faded throughout the use of this. Even though the beta tingles left, I'd do feel my endurance was increased as it got easier to do extra sets and reps.

Overall, this preworkout worked great every single time and made me look forward to gettin( to the gym and getting back to my old self after the surgery. I loved the focus and energy this provided and I would highly recommend this for its effectiveness.

So, a lot of really good inedients means a higher price. 20 full servings for $33 is pretty expensive, but it worked great for me and has the ingredients and dosages to justify the price so I would buy this again.

Side Effects

None, no crash, jitters, or stomach issues.

Conclusion

In my honest opinion, I think this is a great preworkout and would definitely buy again. Great product.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Amazing Energy
    • Clinically Dosed
    • Fully Transparent
    • Intense Focus
    • Excellent Endurance
    • Great Flavor
    smashley23
    TROOPer Level: 27
      January 25, 2017

I'm a competing powerlifter and am currently in my off-season. I've been pushing my lifts as hard as I can, hoping to break some records when I return to the platform this summer. I just finished a hypertrophy phase (a high volume body part split), and have just started a strength phase (higher frequency/intensity and less volume).

I've used this pre workout with both programs, but primarily with the body part split.

Kraken has a well dosed profile. Pumps (4g citrulline, 1.5g hydromax, 1g agmatine), Energy (200mg caffeine, 200mg DMHA, and 250mg Eris Jarensis extract), as well as some other ergogenic aids to round out the product.

I got the sour gummy bear, and I didn't love the flavor. It's definitely sour, but I think of sour candies as sour and sweet and all I got was sour. It's drinkable, but I'd recommend getting sex on the beach instead; I've heard great things about that flavor.

It mixes well, no complaints there. Sometimes pre workouts with hydromax can get clumpy, but I've had no clump issues.

1 scoop is all you need. You may be able to do w/ less if you're sensitive to stims or if you have caffeine in your intra. I have no need to go above one scoop.

The effectiveness is where this product really shines. The energy was great. 200mg caffeine doesn't sound like a lot, but with the DMHA and the eris jarensis extract, it's plenty.

The energy builds up slowly. The "tingles" from the beta-alanine you feel immediately, and the caffeine hits you pretty quickly, but it takes me 20-30 minutes to really feel the DMHA. It's kind of a chilly feeling, like you went out in the cold and then got a rush of adrenaline. The peak lasts around 20 minutes and from there, the energy is more gradual.

The pumps from the agmatine and the citrulline were strong. The calf pumps were a bit painful, but "no pain no gain." I'm not sure if the hydromax is really needed. I personally have never gotten anything from it in terms of pumps, and from what I understand, you need a lot of it to get any hydration benefits, but it's presence doesn't pose any issues.

The focus was good (mainly due to the stims). There weren't any ingredients that I think of as focus ingredients, e.g. noopept or Alpha GPC, but I don't think Kraken needs any of them.

I usually save this pre for my harder days, e.g. leg day, where my workouts can be 1.5-2.5 hours and I have energy from start to finish. I don't know if it's just me, but I find that pres with DMHA don't work as well if I use them multiple days in a row, so at most, I would use it every other day.

This pre isn't cheap, but you usually have to pay for good quality. Kraken often retails for around $33, which in my opinion, is a lot for 20 servings. I was able to get a great deal on it for Black Friday. I got 3 tups for $55 shipped, which was a steal. If you ever see a deal like that, run, don't walk, get it!

I think the normal price is fair considering that other pres sell for the same amount, but don't offer as much. I've seen people pay that much for stim-free products that have basically the same pump agents/quantities but no stims.

I can't afford the normal price though, so I'll be savoring these tubs for a while. I did finish the first tub, but I got two more.

Side Effects

Sometimes, I crash after I take this pre. I think it's the DMHA, as I've had other pres with it and had a similar crash. Other than that, I was fine. I wasn't overly stimmed or nauseous or anything. I usually only use this pre once a week though. In part from the crash and in part I don't want to build a tolerance to it.

Conclusion

If you're looking for a new pre to try and you're cool with exotic stims, then I'd definitely consider Sparta Kraken. It's a great option for people like me who like other stims, e.g. DMHA, teacrine, etc but don't fair too well with a lot of caffeine. Many pres with these stimulants are 300+mg of caffeine which is too much for me.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Amazing Energy
    • Clinically Dosed
    • Fully Transparent
    • Intense Focus
    • Patented Ingredients
    • A Bit Expensive
    • Sour gummy bear: 6/10