Yohimbine 2.5 Reviews

By: SNS

Yohimbine 2.5 is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by SNS. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

9.5
  June 18, 2015

• Accelerates Fat Loss
  • Can Be Inconvenient To Dose On Empty Stomach

Recently I was looking for something to help with fat loss. I was about 6 weeks out from my wedding and wanted to do a short cut since it was at the beach. After reading all the reviews here, and doing a lot of research on various fat loss supplements, I decided to give this guy a shot. It seems to me that a large part of the fat loss effects of many of the top selling products can be attributed to this ingredient. I decided to try to cut costs by going with this directly instead of something like Alphamine, Super HD, etc.... Other supplements used were: whey protein, various pre workouts, multivitamin, fish oil, and creatine.

This is just 2.5mg of yohimbine hcl per cap. Nothing fancy.

Taste/Dosing

These are gelcap pills. They are small, go down easily, and have no taste.

Standard dosing is .2mg/KG of body weight. So for me .2mg * 75kg=15mg. Many suggested splitting the dose in 2 on an empty stomach. I didn't end up doing that very often. The main reason was that my stomach is never near empty any time of day except before my workouts. I read that insulin will kill yohimbe's effectiveness so I didn't want to waste it by taking it with meals. Most often I ended up taking 10mg, or 4 pills, pre workout. I started at one pill and worked my way up. Unfortunately, I wasn't really able to get the full 15mg this way. I didn't want to go over 10mg all at once for fear of side effects.

The lower rating here is only because for me personally, finding a time to take it without food was impossible. So that was inconvenient. It's not the fault of the product itself, just the nature of the ingredient.

Fortunately, not getting all 15mg in did not kill the effectiveness of this product. I have dieted without the aide of any fat loss supplements before and I can honestly say this helped accelerate results. I noticed all areas of my body toning faster than normal. In the end I lost about 5lbs and close to 2in off my waste/love handles in about 5 weeks. I also didn't notice much loss in strength or muscle size (other than just being flat from lack of food). This is probably more due to my diet being on point than the yohimbine, but it's worth mentioning.

This was shipped directly to my home for about $10 from Amazon Prime. It lasted me about a month, or roughly 33 cents a day. That's a fantastic value for any supplement that provides results.

Side Effects

Many people are very sensitive to yohimbe based products. I myself have had nausea, jitters, and anxiety with other products containing forms of it. From all the research I did almost everyone said getting pure yohimbine hcl would alleviate most, if not all, side effects. That was my experience. I didn't have any jitters, anxiety, or any other negative side effects from this. You will hold some water with this, but that isn't really a big deal to me since I'm always on creatine anyways. In hindsight, I probably should have tried going up to the 15mg all at once since I didn't get any side effects at 10mg. I will probably try that next time.

Conclusion

Overall, I was really happy with this product. It was cheap as hell and actually seemed to work, which is more than I can say for many supplements. It goes without saying that my results came with an aggressive meal plan that kept me well below maintenance and plenty of extra cardio. There is still no magic bullet out there for fat loss. If those other things weren't on point I doubt I would have seen any results. Knowing my body well, and having dieted without anything in the past, I can honestly say this did accelerate fat loss for me. I'm glad I tried it!

March 29, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Thermo Effect
  • Stimulation
  • Pure Fat Burning
  • No Sexual Stimulation
Yohimbine is a beast! But you have to learn how to dose it and use it properly.

What is yohimbine hcl?

Yohimbine hcl is an alpha-2 antagonist. All this means is that it short circuits these receptors to stop storing fat and start oxidizing it. These receptors are common in the abdomen, breasts, buttocks and thighs, or as we like to call them, "trouble spots."

A 2006 article demonstrated that over the course of 3 weeks, 20 top level soccer athletes that ingested 20mg of yohimbine hcl in 2 split doses lost about 2% bodyfat.

Lyle McDonald has already written extensively on the subject. Look on the bodyrecomposition forums for more information.

That's honestly all you need to know because anymore and you run the risk of alienating your friends with an information overload.

Dosage:

0.2*kg in weight.

When I took this I fluctuated between 167 and 160 (current weight). That means that my weight in kg was between 75.9 and 72.7. My dose was between 15.18mg and 14.5mg. The pills are 2.5mg each, so every dose consisted of 6 pills. Each bottle has 90 pills, so that's 15 doses.

Now, this isn't your regular fat burner like Alphamine or EC that you can take in the morning and then go about your day. Yes, it can increase your RMR by about 50 cals (supposedly), but that's not how you're supposed to use this. You only need to take this before cardio.

Again, YOU ONLY NEED TO TAKE THIS BEFORE CARDIO. And that's it.

If you only do cardio once or twice a week then only take it then. Also, take it during a fasted state. Do not take it with food. Yohimbine hcl cannot exert its effects in the presence of insulin. That means take it in the morning and then go nuts.

Over the course of 2-2.5 months or so, I took this once or twice on a Saturday or Sunday before my morning cardio with 200mg of caffeine. It has purported synergism with caffeine, but it has not been proven. I dosed it with caffeine to maximize my intensity.

Cardio consisted of 45 min of LISS. So, a 15 on the incline, working up to a speed of 4.5mph walking. According to the treadmill, each session would burn between 550-630 cals.

Side Effects:

Some users have reports feeling "cracked out" and while I didn't feel this way, I felt it the second my body metabolized it. It hits you and hits you good.

During cardio, your midsection will burn like the fires of Mordor.

Yohimbine hcl is also an aphrodisiac. I don't know about this aspect. Then again I have the libido of an 88 year old. If it works for you, awesome. But it did nothing for me in that respect. Then again, I did not purchase it for that purpose.

Also, yohimbine hcl builds in the body and can cause water weight gain. Some people find this as a con, and if you use this 4-5 times a week, then this might cause a problem. The water will subside once you cease supplementation.

Precautions:

If you're stim sensitive, start slowly. Try half a dose first and then work your way up to your specific dose.

If you're prone to anxiety or depression be careful. Yohimbine hcl is a mild MAOI.

Also, and this a very big ALSO: DO NOT TAKE "YOHIMBE." Yohimbe is a the non-standardized, non-pharmaceutical root bark. Do not take this. It has not been standardized and it has whole slew of alkaloids that you do not want to mess with. Personally, I have no idea why this stuff is on the market. If you're not going to go for SNS Yohimbine, just make sure that ingredient lists the compound as "Yohimbine HCL." Manufacturers will usually sell 2.5-3mg a pill.

Results:

I took this while on an caloric deficit and with an intermittent lifting program. The past 3 months were stressful for me between school and a now-ex-girlfriend, so I lost weight but not as much as I wanted. I knew my cortisol levels were out of wack and resulted in some weight/water gain, but when I did take this I felt great and looked great after my cardio sessions. I started an EC stack in late December at about 25-26% bodyfat. I started yohimbine hcl around late January-early February and stopped EC early march. EC got me to about 18% and cardio with Yohimbine hcl has now gotten me down to 15-15.5% bodyfat.

Value:

$10 on Amazon.

Conclusion:

Great fat loss. Great thermo feel. Great confidence boost from looking shmexy.

This is the best definition of a fat loss tool. Use it when you need it; use it properly and you will strive.

October 21, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Thermo Effect
  • Stimulation
  • Fat Burning
  • Requires Discipline
It should be noted that there a differences between Yohimbe Bark Extract and Yohimbine HCL - and these should not be confused. This product is Yohimbine HCL.

In most countries, Yohimbine HCL can only be sold in max servings of 2.5mg. So this is a pretty standard product.

Yohimbine is a VERY potent stimulant which is shown to work well against 'stubborn' fat when taken on an empty stomach. So you want to make sure you've been cutting for a bit before you want to use Yohimbine as I found the effectiveness to work the most well when you're on =7.5mg in a single dose:
-Heart palpitations + general sense being 'too aware' of my heartbeat (hearing it and feeling it).
-Increase in sweating.
-Loss of appetite.
-Cold sensation in the extremities.

==WHAT WORKED BEST FOR ME===
-Taking doses of 2.5mg every 2 hours until I broke my fast. Total = 10mg.
-Being on a low bf% to begin with.
-Taking Magnesium (ZMA), to relax the central nervous system at the end of the day.

==OVERALL: 8.5/10==
Yohimbine HCL isn't going to blow your mind and melt the fat of your body. But it's cheap and effective for it's value. If used smartly it can help you quite a bit dropping that extra %. But this aid can be quickly rendered useless if you are taking some sugary preworkout at the same time. It also takes time for this product to work (~2 weeks) and I found using before cardio to be a very effective way to burn extra cals and get a bit leaner.
In summary, the poor man's fat burner that requires a bit of discipline to be used effectively

October 20, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Thermo Effect
  • Stimulation
  • Not Great For Fat Loss
Hey all, I figured I would pop out a quick review on SNS Yohimbine 2.5. SNS is a company that carries a lot of products that are individual compounds. I have used SNS products here and there and the price and effectiveness overall has been on par with other companies, which has kept me coming back to try other products.

To start off, for those of you who don't know Yohimbine is a compound that is supposed to carry stimulant, thermogenic, and aphrodisiac effects.

SNS recommends 1 capsule (2.5 mg Yohimbine) 3 times a day for the thermo/energy/fat loss effect, which would be equivalent to 7.5 mg a day. The dosage I found for the aphrodisiac effects was upwards of 15-30mg per day.

---------

Effectiveness (8/10)

----------

Now I didn't choose to run this for the aphrodisiac effect but it was certainly there even at the 3 caps/day that I ran it. It wasn't all boners all the time, but it definitely noticeable, I was getting a renob without intending to and without even being sexually aroused. I can't even imagine what a 15+ mg dosage would do to me and I don't think I want to find out...haha

The thermogenic effect was also quite apparent throughout the time I ran this. The only time I wasn't sweating was when I was sitting around doing nothing. Now I don't think I got as particularly hot as much as just sweating a pooload. However when working out or actually exercising I had broken a sweat in no time.

I was really hoping for a stronger fat burning aspect to this but I feel like it is more of a thermogenic/diuretic than an actual fat burning compound. I was running this with Acetyl L Carnitine, CLA, Sesamine, and Green Tea Extract. I was running a strict diet also and while I may have lost a little fat it wasn't as noticeable as I was hoping for.

Also, there is a supposed stimulant effect associated with yohimbine. I think that this is true to a limited extent but if you were thinking you could use this in place of a solid PWO, it just isn't going to cut it. I felt some stimulation but it was mostly in my pants.

----------------

Value (9/10)

------------

A bottle of this product cost me 9.25 for 100 caps. Taking the recommended 3/day comes out to a 33 day supply, which is very solid. If you plan on taking this for ED/Aphrodisiac effects then a bottle might only run you 20 days but still not half bad.

-----------

Overall (8/10)

----------------

I wanted to write this review to put some info out there for SNS. I have tried a couple different products but never wrote a review on them.

SNS Yohimbine 2.5 is an overall solid product. It provides a good thermo effect, a good "sexual enhancement" effect, and the value isn't bad at all. If you are looking for something cheap to throw into a fat burning stack I don't know if you would look here first or not, but as part of a PCT stack (to help with libido), or if you are trying to drop a moderate amount of water weight I think that you can put a little faith in.

One word of warning is that Yohimbine of any brand/dosage, like many other compounds, needs to be cycled because it can lose it's effectiveness and cause the effects to go in the other direction if used for too long (if you know what I mean). Also, running too much Yohimbine can have a plethora of other side effects so make sure you ramp up your doses do a little research on the maximum doses you should be safe with.