Cissus XT Reviews

By: SNS

Cissus XT is a Joint Support Product manufactured by SNS. It is designed to improve and maintain the health of cartilage, tendons and joints in the body.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pain Relief

I'm a competing powerlifter, and I train heavy 5 days a week (two squat days, two bench days, and a deadlift day). Sometimes, my shoulders and knees are aching after a hard workout, and I pretty much am always using a joint support supplement (sometimes more than one), so I can keep my joints healthy.

This is a one-ingredient product. It's just cissus. Cissus is an herb that can be used to reduce pain and improve joint function. It can also act as a muscle relaxant, so it should probably not be taken pre-workout.

One serving is two capsules:

1.5g cissus (5% ketosterone)

This is ideal. Some products offer more ketosterones (10-20%), but from what I've read, 5% is likely best for joint support (most studies are with 2.5-5% ketosterones).

The optimal dose is not yet known, but 1.5g is plenty. 300-600mg at 2.5% ketosterone is enough to see biological activity in humans, and here we're getting more than double that amount.

There is no taste as this is a pill product. This is good because cissus tastes awful. It also stains your hands, so buying loose powder to put in caps is inconvenient at best.

No mixability either.

I used 2 caps at a time, and I took it with breakfast. (I workout before breakfast).

I found this product to be very effective. It took me a little over 2 months to run the entire bottle, and I had very little joint pain. One or two days my shoulders were achy, but that was it. I've also noticed that my shoulder stability has been improving. I do bottom up kettlebell walks in my warmup, and I've been able to go farther/use more weight over the past couple of months. The shaking has lessened as well.

I've had no knee pain at all.

The value here is pretty good. One bottle is $16-$19 and will last about 2 months. This is a solid deal. Comparable products can cost $25-$30, and the products I've seen that are priced similarly to SNS, do not tell you the ketosterone%. They may be using the junk part of the plant to save a few bucks (this is not uncommon in joint support products, cissus, bosweilla, etc).

Side Effects

My burps smelled a bit like cissus but that was it.

Conclusion

If you're looking for a cissus product, this is it.

• Darkman
      January 1, 2018

Nice review! How would you rate this compared to USP Lab's version?

• smashley23
      January 1, 2018

I haven't tried USP Lab's version, so I can't compare them. USP's version looks interesting though. They're using SuperCissus, which is currently being studied at the University of Memphis. I'll be sure to check it out when the study is published.

• Darkman
      January 1, 2018

USP's Super Cissus was my go to. However, SNS puts out some quality products, so I'm definitely going to check this product out.

• bzyczek
      January 1, 2018

I have never heard of this Smashley ... might want to give myself a try ...

• mhseaver670
      January 2, 2018

What has been the single best joint aid you have used to date?

• bzyczek
      January 2, 2018 - Last Edited: 2018-01-02 12:01:38

Liquid Joint Complete Premium and I've been taking Curcumin but hasn't helped greatly recently.

• smashley23
      January 2, 2018

Single best, I would say 5 Lox Inhibitor (Apres Flex), but cissus is a close second.

I'd put curcumin 3rd in terms of joint relief, but it has a bunch of other benefits to it, which make it worth supplementing IMO.