Casein Protein Reviews

By: Six Star

Protein > Casein Protein
Casein Protein is a Casein Protein Powder manufactured by Six Star. It utilizes the slowest digesting form of protein. Often used for a time released version of protein, it will help increase muscle recovery and strength.

Overall
Overall
6.9

Pros:
 Cons:
  • False Advertising

Easy to find casein blend that is fairly priced and reasonable.

When I first started taking supplements, I went for the easy to find products. This one is available at many places such as Walmart, Walgreen, and CVS. This is one that I think most people start to use when they start getting healthier.

This is a protein powder that is a blend with whey isolates and micellar casein.

Total Fat 0.5g
Cholesterol 15mg
Carbs 9g
Sugar 1g
Protein 20g

This is a normal casein protein blend. Of course, every company makes their products a little different. For me, the carbs are high and the amount of protein is low but this is not bad. The thing I do not like is I feel it is a misleading advertisement with the tub. It says it is casein which leads you to believe it is 100% casein. I do not want a casein blend, I wanted 100%, so I give that a low ranking. I will give it a good ranking for a blend.

---Taste/Mixability/Dosing---
Six Star has 2 options available for flavoring which include chocolate and vanilla. I was able to get both and the taste was fine. The mixability was similar to any other casein that I have tried. Ingredients say to mix one scoop with 10-12 oz. of liquid beverage, which I usually ended up with 12-14 oz. because I don't like a thick shake which casein is so thick and I had no problem with the mixability. The dosing is one scoop which is 20g of protein. The dosing was no issues. Good rating.

---Effectiveness---
I cannot say that I was putting on muscle or having any weight loss. It definitely did what it claims to do which is easy to recover and feel full after taking the casein. I was taking it at night before bed and it kept me full. So, effectiveness wise with the ingredients, I would say an effective protein.

---Value---
I was able to find Six Star Casein for $18-$25 for a 2 lb tub with 26 servings. At $18 for 26 servings, $0.69 per serving which is lower than my other protein that is around $1 per serving. Casein protein is a high-priced protein because it takes more to make than whey protein, so at $0.69 per serving that is a good price. I have not found a good casein out there that is under $1.25 and still has great taste with good mixability so at $0.69, a great value. Since this is a good product at a great cost, I give it a high value.

---Side Effects---
No side effects

---Conclusion---
I give this a good rating for a casein blend, but a low ranking for the advertising of it being a 100% casein. I would say a great casein protein shake is 100% casein. It's hard to measure effectiveness so you have to go off ingredients and this ok. The taste, mixability, and dosing was fine. If casein protein is a part of your diet, make sure to check the ingredients. This is a good product and I did not find it to be bad, just misleading.
  • Chocolate : 7/10
  • Vanilla : 7/10

• dmf8625
    April 22, 2018

It looks like there are different versions of this product on the market. Going to Six Star's website (http://www.sixstarpro.com/products/six-star-casein-protein/) shows a different label and states 24g of protein per scoop coming from Milk Protein Isolate and Micellar Casein but your review talks about whey protein isolate and only 20g of protein per scoop.

How many total grams is each scoop for the serving?

• Zsteinf
    April 22, 2018

I went off the label of the tub I used so that was the ingredients section I used

• BroteinBoy
    April 23, 2018

Fantastic title LOL

• dmf8625
    April 23, 2018

@Zsteinf Thank you. Something just seems odd. The image showing the nutritional label included in this review lists MPI and Micellar Casein. Amazon and All Star Health websites list the ingredients as MPI and Micellar Casein. You must have got a bad product or a bad label.