Amino Max Reviews

By: Six Star

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Amino Max is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Six Star. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

September 14, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Value
  • Improved Ingredients
  • Great Ingredient Profile
  • Needs More Glutamine

In my last review I mentioned this Amino Max to be my next, well here it is. As I said in my last review I picked this up with Muscle Tech's Neurocore Pre-Workout and took them together, getting them both for $16.99 at a local K-Mart while walking passed the isle (the price was too good). Both pictures displayed below I would assume are that of the new formula and container, I was unable to start a separate page as I wasn't able to do the same for the old labeled Neurocore.

I have read some negative reviews on the old labeled Amino Max and I can completely understand. First thing when I look at the ingredients label on the back I see a perfect example of my Supplement Pet Peeve "BLEND". I am almost always inclined to immediately put the product back on the shelf if it has any of that type of wordings on it. I need to know how much of everything I am taking, this is my personal preference. The old label states that it contains 8,700mg of a Free-Form BCAA Complex, 6,700mg split between L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine and a Glutamine Complex, 2,000mg split between L-Glutamine and Taurine. This labeling is very broad and I am glad they put more detail in their new labeling. By the way, the old label looks like crap, the new one is an exact copy of the old Neurocore label; I actually thought the Amino Max was a Muscle Tech product took me a while to figure that out lol.

The new label (the product I bought) pictured below, contains a much more straight forward look into the ingredients. L-Leucine at 2g, L-Isoleucine at 1g, L-valine at 1g, L-Glutamine at 1g, Taurine at 1g and 100mg of Coconut Water which is an interesting change. I like that this contains a good amount of L-Glutamine but not enough, A+ for effort though. All these ingredients are very common so I'll save the extra info, it's a normal BCAA mix with Taurine and Glutamine for energy and recovery.

The taste wasn't half bad actually it tasted like Fruit Punch as it states with a tart kick to it that I immediately liked. I took two scoops in a 32oz bottle of water; this amount tasted the best for me. I like that I don't have to add a drink mix packet to this product. This fact separates it from the zero taste free form version I am used to taking.

This product mixed very well and stayed mixed. I drink this throughout my morning and have not seen the mix settle or separate at any time.

It says one scoop (8g) per serving, I would assume with the normal 8 to 12oz of water. As I said before I use two scoops in 32oz of water; this is what works best for me. Find out what works best for you.

I was at the tail end of my L-Glutamine powder so I had the opportunity to test out the recovery abilities and see how they matched up. I would be taking half the amount of Glutamine I was taking prior but I still felt the recovery remained the same. I also believe that the Taurine along with the other ingredients acted as a good transition drink for the day and it helped me remain crash free after drinking the Neurocore at 3:20AM. So might be good to try them together.

Again I got mine from K-Mart on sale for $16.99 but the average price is $20 which is well worth it. The taste is great and the ingredients are at a good level; enough so that I will recommend this product to others and I know that I will be buying this again until I see something better.

Side Effects

There are no side effects.

Conclusion

I feel strongly that Six Star really redeemed themselves with this product from what others have wrote and matching that to my own experience. For now as it stands this has replaced my plane free form amino powder that I was taking prior for so long. It is cheaper and it contains Glutamine which will be additional for me as I will continue to buy the separate powder and Taurine because I feel it helps with my transition and keeping me up during the day. I recommend this to those who have not tried it and to those that have tried the old version I recommend you give this another shot. It is few and far between when a supplement company does a fix like this, good job Six Star.
  • Fruit Punch: 8/10

April 14, 2011

• Bad Value
hey everyone, another Six Star review. this was an impluse buy at walmart. yeah yeah yeah i know (shut up). ok anyway this is my 3rd intra recovery supplement. and i told myself "hey no one could mess up BCAA's???"

taste=6 ok i had the fruit punch flavor which i think is the only flavor they have. they used the same flavoring as muscle techs naNO Vapor. which brought back some bad memories. at first its ok but after a couple of sips it really gets bad.

mixability=5 wow this gets super foamy. a few chunks here and there but the foam just doesnt go away cause you have to shake it through the workout to keep it mixed.

profile=7 this was ok, 8,700mg per scoop of "PROP BLEND" of BCAA's, Glutamine, and Taurine which was a nice touch. i used 3 lvl scoops and had to guess at the amounts. at around 26 total grams the tub went pretty quick. i only used that amount to get close to the amount i used with the other 2 intra products ive used. also i used 20oz of water.

price=6 ok this is where i was disappointed. i bought this at walmart for 15 bucks. which is cheaper than any other intraworkout. the problem is at the dose i used, this only lasted me 3 weeks. which Xtend lasted me 7 weeks and it was only 10 bucks more.

i wouldnt recommend this unless you cant get anything else for what ever reason. it taste bad and the value is not there at all. for a few bucks more you could get Xtend or even Infinite Force. the only thing this product has going for it is the added Taurine. which maybe its 1g per serving.

i was highly disappointed in this product. i normally like sixstar (muscle tech jr) products. you could buy them almost anywhere. there cheap (what muscle tech SHOULD cost) but since there recent price increase after their "new look" theres nothing going for them anymore.

April 8, 2011

Cons:
I bought this product from wal-mart. I have took protein before but not amino-acids. I read the ingredients and was impressed with the make up. ITt had over 8 gram of the amino acids leucine,valine,taurine,glutamine, and isoleucine. I stack this product with Jacked and took it after i worked out. It seems like it helps give my muscles a quick dose of fuel because my muscles feels thicker and firmer after workouts. It does not stop soreness after extremly hard workouts, but it does give your body ready available aminos to rebuild with. I still take my regular protein for slower steady deilvery for my muscles. I could live without it, but it does give me a noticable boost on my recovery and help me gain the full benefits of a hard workout. Especially if you are on Jacked an go beast mode in the gym. Last but not least this product taste like crap and foams up like be when you pour water in it.