Dendrobium 600 Reviews

By: SD Pharmaceuticals

Dendrobium 600 is an Energy Supplement manufactured by SD Pharmaceuticals. It is designed to improve mental focus and energy.

Overall
Overall
  January 10, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Crash
  • Increased Focus
  • Can Cause Insomnia
  • Mild Headaches
  • Not A Good Standalone
A big shout out to SD Pharmaceuticals for sending me a bottle of Dendrobium 600. Dendrobium is being touted as the next DMAA by some companies, and since I love stimulants, I wanted to put it up to the test. I would also like to apologize, because it took me so long to finish the bottle, I'll get into why in the review.

Profile:

Just to get this out of the way, Dendro is an orchid(flower).

It's straight dendrobium stem. 600mg per pill. Dendrobium hit the scene with Craze(form of Dendrobex). Dendrobium is said to have alkaloids in them which contain derivatives of phenylethylamine, which can lift your mood.

Dendrobium can induce mild hyperglycemia, and lower blood pressure.

What I wanted from Dendro was obviously the CNS stimulation, which is it's main selling point.

Dosage:(10/10)

1 capsule as needed... the best it can be.

Effectiveness:(7.3/10)

Alright this is going to be broken down into several categories.

By itself:5/10

Basically, all I noticed was the lack of a crash. It always took forever to kick in, like an hour or so. What it did was make me a bit more efficient at work, without noticing any real increase in normal energy. Nothing spectacular.

With caffeine:8.5/10

This is the way to take it. It seems to up the effectiveness of any stimulant you take it with. I drank a small cup of coffee before work one morning(around 80-100mg of caffeine), which is almost nothing to me, and popped a pill of Dendro. 30 minutes later, I had some "gnarly anxiety" and it felt like I drank 3+ cups of coffee at once. Along with that was some solid focus. Stacked with other thermogenics, it seemed to increase their effectiveness. This is probably the reason why pre-workouts which contain dendrobium(like MAN Gameday or Craze) typically shine in the focus/energy department.

Side effects:7/10

Alright, if I took this anytime after noon, I had trouble sleeping. Even by itself I got this. So there should def. be a warning label on here stating"may cause insomnia for some". I also got some mild headaches when I took it for more than 2 days in a row. This is the reason it took me so long to finish it.

Value:(5.5/10)

For being a single ingredient that needs to be stacked to get the most benefit out of it, I would never pay the $34.99 they are asking for. For 40 servings, it is just not worth it to me. It could be worth a "backup pre-workout amplifier" if the price were lower, or if there were more servings in the bottle.

Overall:(6.5/10)

I am glad I got to try this. I would recommend trying this out if you want to add an extra kick to your normal pre-workout, but it's probably better/cheaper to just find a pwo which already contains a dose of dendrobium in there. Def. try to get it on sale though.

Is it the new DMAA? Absolutely not...

• Clipper83
    January 10, 2014

Wow, my title got screwed up somehow... "A solid add-on, but not worth taking alone"

My bad