The Original Reviews

By: XTend

DEALS

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
The Original is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by XTend. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

February 25, 2018

• Taste Gets Boring

Greetings SR! This product is one of the most cost effective BCAA supplements out there. I use it two different ways, firstly as an intra-workout powder and then also in the mornings as soon as I get up and its effective for me both ways.

Its exactly what it says it is with only a few added ingredients that I prefer.

7g of BCAAs - 2:1:1 Ratio
3.5g of Leucine
2.5g of L-Glutamine
1g of Citrulline Malate
NO Sugar
NO Carbs
NO Calories

So starting off, BCAAs are not going to have a huge direct impact that you see as soon as you take it, a la pre-workouts, but they form a solid foundation of getting your muscles what they need. Having the dosage set at 7g instead of the normal 5g that you see in many BCAAs is a huge plus for me. I don't mind the addition of the glutamine (although I've seen studies going both ways on how necessary it is). Also included is an electrolyte blend, something I greatly appreciate because it replaces what I'm sweating out.

Taste for the fruit punch was pretty spot on for me. Its sweeter than I would have thought originally but I quickly got used to it and it makes it easier to drink quickly. The mixability is also no issue, I can throw it in just a regular water bottle and shake for 15-20 seconds and we're good to go. If i don't shake it immediately before finishing it, I do get just a bit of the grit of the powder at the bottom but a quick shake and its back up in the mix. One not though, it does froth a bit, although most BCAAs I have tried do as well.

I noticed less soreness with this product if I took it during a workout. As a side effect of the taste, I definitely consumed more water while using this product than if i just had unflavored water so that probably helped out as well. When I took it in the morning, it was with the intent that I would be intermittently fasting throughout the day. When doing this 16/8 cycling, BCAAs are recommended so this fits the bill quite well.

This area is where I think that Xtend shines. I purchased the 90 serving container through Amazon and its available on their subscribe and save program. For anyone who hasn't seen this from amazon, you order 5+ items regularly, you get 15% off the order. This put the price as just a bit under $39 for my 90 servings, 44 cents a serving. I can't find any other BCAA product that can minimize the price that well, especially when you factor you are getting 7g instead of the normal 5g and you get the glutamine, citrulline malate and extra electrolytes.

Side Effects

No side effects were noticed with this product.

Conclusion

If you are in the market for a BCAA powder, its hard to go wrong with Xtend. This is the 4th or 5th BCAA that I have taken and its become my go to. The solid 7g in the standard 2:1:1 ratio combined with the extra ingredients and a very low price point make this one of the best values out there right now.
  • Fruit Punch: 9/10

Overall
Overall
9.1
  April 13, 2017

• B Vitamins
  • Under-Dosed Citrulline Malate

I found out about SR through Google (I was trying to get more information on a 1-DHEA product). I really, really enjoy trying new supplements and a couple friends and I go back-and-forth on our favorites. I was prompted to write this review because I'm consistently blown away by how great a BCAA profile XTEND is (and hopefully keep it as a key core supplement even though Scivation just was bought out by NutraBolt). My fitness goals right now are: gain strength, lose fat, improve physique--Xtend is a core part of my diet to attain these goals.

With Xtend, you get a nice blend of 7g of BCAAs--Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine--(in a 2:1:1 ratio), along with glutamine, citrulline malate, and electrolytes.

Since the three BCAAs make up approximately 1/3 of muscle protein, it's important to utilize their ability to stimulate insulin production in order to increase energy and repair muscle tissue. At 7g per serving, you're getting exactly what you need to capitalize on their restorative properties (You can learn more about the importance of BCAAs here: https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bcaa2.htm).

Along with BCAAs, Xtend has 2.5g of glutamine. Glutamine is important to muscle growth and recovery, since muscle wasting can occur when the body uses more glutamine than produced. And, since glutamine is the main transporter of nitrogen to the muscles, pairing it with BCAAs are key to maintaining a healthy nitrogen balance.

While Xtend does include Citrulline Malate, it doesn't include a particularly high dose (at only 1g). However, I prefer CM over L-Citrulline, since the malate bonding gives citrulline the additional benefit of increased energy alongside its blood-to-muscle transport. If NutraBolt (Scivation's new owner) changes anything about Xtend, it could be upping the CM from 1g to 2.5 or 3g.

Blue Raspberry is probably my favorite of the flavors, but they're all good. Scivation seems to have gone out of the way to not only make a product, but also make it enjoyable. Xtend mixes fast and well, so you don't have to worry about any clumping.

I always notice a difference in recovery when I use BCAAs than when I don't, for obvious reasons (see BCAA article above). My muscles are fuller during workouts and my recovery is faster (not crazy fast, but better than without; enough to keep up a consistent heavy-lifting schedule).

It's a great bang-for-your-buck; you'll end up spending between $25-30 which comes to just about $1/serving. That's very fair--you're getting 30 servings of 7g (2:1:1 ratio) of BCAAs, plus the added benefits of glutamine, CM, and electrolytes! On training days, I'll drink one serving during my workout. On non-training days, I'll sip on it throughout the afternoon. I've also occasionally mixed a scoop with some plain greek yogurt before bed, which tastes amazing.

Side Effects

None, except satisfaction!

Conclusion

If you're looking for some extra recovery BCAAs and/or something to fuel your muscles during a workout, look no further than Xtend. If you shop around, you might find some good deals on it, too. Great profile; great taste; doesn't get any better than that.
  • Blue Raspberry: 10/10
  • Watermelon: 8/10
  • Lemon Lime: 9/10

March 3, 2017

Update 08/06/2017:
    Orange flavor was in a faulty container i tried again and it was pretty good flavor and refreshing 7/10. Grape is definetely the worst flavor by far. Too artificial and somewhat uncomfortable on your throat. 2/10

Update 06/11/2017:
    I have bought the Orange flavor version and it tastes pretty bad, too artificial taste and too overpowering even i use the double water (1 Litre) than Lemon Lime. At least the aftertaste is not horrible. Orange: 3/10
    -----

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
    Name is Kaka. I workout regularly 3-4 times a week. I stand at 6'3 and about 180 pounds and i am trying to bulk without gaining fat. I have tried many different supplements and i think i can give you my opinion about them. I was looking for a intra workout and i tried Xtend.

No proprietary blends is a plus. Solid and effective profile. I like the 7 grams of BCAA's and 1.1 gram of Electrolytes (considerably more than other intra workout products i have tried).

2:1:1 BCAA Ratio:
    L-Leucine (3500 mg): Is one of the three branched chain amino acids and sometimes referred to as the 'main' amino acid due to the most popular benefit of BCAAs (muscle building) being mostly due to leucine. Leucine is an activator of the protein known as mTOR which then induces muscle protein synthesis, the other two BCAAs may also activate mTOR, but are much weaker than leucine in doing so.
    L-Valine (1750 mg): It maintains the nitrogen balance and preserves the use of glucose while the muscle building effects of valine are likely less than both leucine and isoleucine.
    L-Isoleucine (1750 mg): Relative to the other two BCAAs, isoleucine is intermediate for its ability to induce muscle protein synthesis (stronger than valine, but much weaker than leucine) but is able to significantly increase glucose uptake and the usage of glucose during exercise. Isoleucine can be seen as the BCAA which mediates glucose uptake (into a cell) and breakdown (into energy) to a larger degree than other amino acids.

L-Glutamine (2500 mg): Glutamine is a very effective intestinal and immune system health compound, as these cells use glutamine as the preferred fuel source rather than glucose.
    P.s: It is generally touted as a muscle builder, but has not been proven to enhance muscle building in healthy individuals, only those suffering from physical trauma such as burns or muscular wounds (knife wounds) or in disease states in which muscle wasting occurs, such as AIDS.

Citrulline Malate (1000 mg): By accelerating ammonia clearance, supplemental citrulline postpones the inevitable decrease in muscle pH that happens during intense exertion. As pH drops, the muscle becomes more acidic, and fatigue rapidly sets in. The only difference between L-citrulline and citrulline malate (CM) is the addition of malic acid. In theory, citrulline malate provides bringing additional blood than L-Citrulline -and subsequently, oxygen and nutrients-to exercising muscles, as well as providing increased energy to boost performance levels.

Electrolyte Blend (1140 mg): Electrolytes are tiny particles that carry electrical charges, they serve many roles to help the body maintain proper function. When you sweat, electrolytes play key roles in keeping water balanced both inside & outside of cells so that your muscles and organs can continue to serve you properly.

I had the Lemon Lime flavor. Yum yum.... Amazing flavor it tastes almost exactly as Lemon Lime and not too sweet.
    I shook this and the powder disappeared almost instantly with no clumps or grittiness. Only downside which personally i don't care at all is the slight foamness on the top probably due to Leucine (if a intra workout contains Leucine doesn't mean necessary that it will have foamness on it for example: AmiNO Flow doesn't have any foamness despite having Leucine).
    Dosing was one scoop.

I noticed a considerable increase in endurance and muscle recovery. I generally felt less fatigued physically and with less recovery times between sets as compared to before. Strength was also there from the first minute to the last. The hydration factor played big throughout the rest of my day and helped with the intense heat in the gym. Maybe the most effective intra workout i have ever tried so far.

I bought this for 16 Euros (16.80 Dollars). Pretty good value (0.53 Euros per serving).

Side Effects

Nothing at all.

Conclusion

Pretty solid product. Great endurance and recovery, amazing taste and good value. It does what a intra workout should do. There is a big chance i will buy this again.
    • Lemon Lime: 9/10

January 23, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Electrolyte Blend
    • Glutamine
    • Containers Don't Last Long
    • Chemical Taste

It had been a long time since I used BCAAs. However, as I've continued to try and build up my abilities, I thought it was time to incorporate something more than water during the workout and to find something to help me recover faster when I'm lifting 5-6 days per week. I purchased this after it was recommended by a coworker and I must say that I immediately noticed an increase in endurance, especially while lifting heavy. I wouldn't say that it's had much of an impact on the cardio side, but I also tend to let that taper off a bit when I commit to heavier weights.

This is a 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine; plus an additional 2.5g of glutamine per scoop, 1g of Citrulline Malate, and 1170mg of electrolytes.

A few people have objected to the glutamine... I'm not sure why. It's not a BCAA, and it's not going to provide any energy, but what it will do is help recovery time, help burn body fat more effectively, boost the immune system, and help heighten the natural production of human growth hormone. I'm ok with all of those things!

I usually drink 1 scoop intra-workout, and 1 scoop at some point on off days.

This mixes well with no residue, and you get a good amount of foam on top from the leucine.

I think it tastes terrible. I might be alone in holding this opinion because I've seen a lot of people raving about the taste, but there's something about it that just doesn't sit right to me. I have tried mango and pink lemonade-- both have the same sort of chemical taste. You do begin to get used to it though. The first time I drank it I think it gave me a headache it was so bad, but now it doesn't bother me as much. Maybe because I know it helps my workouts so much.

As mentioned, this is my reason for taking it. It really does seem to work. I usually respond well to electrolytes being replenished, so the combination of those in the mix, the glutamine + citrulline malate, and the BCAAs makes it hard for me to get fatigued in the gym. I literally need to make myself leave some days despite wanting to keep going.

As for recovery, it does seem to help there as well-- but I take care of myself in general so I can't say it's a miracle cure either. Usually I take time to stretch sore muscles, use a TENS unit on any knots or particularly sore areas, and eat well daily, but I will say that since adding this to my stack I've felt less of a need for the TENS and to stretch.

On Amazon, this is about $23 for 30 servings. Amazon's prices fluctuate depending on how much they have in stock and how long it's been on the shelf. The lowest I've seen any flavor is about $21, and I can't recall ever seeing one over $27. That will get expensive if you want multiple servings per day, but generally speaking this is one of the more cost-effective flavored BCAA powders available.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This has demonstrated itself to be an effective product with good ratios, and seems to be one of the most popular choices among anyone who supplements with BCAAs. You really can't go wrong with it, but I wasn't so impressed with it that I will stop searching for a permanent BCAA option in my stack.

November 14, 2016

• Great Mixability
    • Controversial Glutamine Supplementation
    • Under-Dosed Citrulline Malate

Greetings friends,

I am currently down to my last and final servings of this supplement and I have been taking it for over 3+ weeks now. I take my BCAA'S intra-working(during) as intended, and I would love to share my input and experience. Thank you for reading and enjoy the review.

This supplement is comprised of 5 crucial ingredients.

Leucine (3500mg) - Studies suggest that effective dosing of Leucine consist of 2-5 grams a day. Leucine is an essential amino acid(building blocks of protein) and it is used here as a protein synthesizer. Leucine triggers the reaction of mTOR(a protein) which in turn signals the body to synthesize protein more efficiently.

Glutamine (2500mg) - The science of Glutamine is controversial as some claims advocate for its effectiveness and whereas others assert to skip out on it. Glutamine in theory can help maintain one's immune health especially after post-workout where ones immune defense temporarily drop.

Isolucine(1,750mg) + Valine (1,750mg) - These are two non-essential amino acids that are generally coupled with Leucine as a trio. These two aminos however have been supported to aid protein synthesis and prevent muscle breakdown.

Citrulline Malate (1000mg)- A powerful and effective ingredient that has been shown to increase ATP product and server as a latic acid buffer. However, NO study has every shown CM to be effective under 6g-12g dosage. At 1000mg here, this ingredient appear to be wasteful.

Taste/Mixability

XTEND trives in the taste and mixability department because its flavors are out-right delicious. I have had the Blue Raspberry and Watermelon flavor and anyone can appreciate its rich taste. I have had other BCAA'S where the flavors feel washed-off/lacking, however this is not the case here. These flavors are sweet and satisfying.

Mixability is an ease the BCAA'S require a quick shake in the hand and you're ready to go and enjoy this delight.

I have and currently take this supplement only during my workouts. I have played with the time of its consumption(early workout, mid, last) and have found that it works best when you simply are thirsty, or want it before a big lift. The taste of this BCAA is revitalizing and in my experience I felt like I was able to maintain a high quality of workout with this supplementation. Whether this is a placebo(me telling myself its work) or it has some authentic ground, the point is the for my anecdotal experience I found this supplement effective. I loved that after a 3rd set of any given workout I can gulp down my BCAA'S and it was enough to get my engaged and ready to annihilate my next set without diminishing intensity. I must admit however these effects are not noted with every single workout, but if it could be quantified 3 out of 5 workouts this effects will feel most apparent.

**I must note that the few instance I have ever purchased BCAA'S is because of a great Sale and because I have had extra money in my pocket. BCAA's are considered a "luxury" item because if one is fueling their body with adequate protein intake, the majority of these benefits would already be served, so BCCA'S is purely a supplement to further those effects.

The BCCA'S are typically standard in their pricing. Ranging $22 for about 30 servings. Fairly pricely, so it would be best to take advantage of a deal.

Side Effects

No observed side effects.

Conclusion

If you have an extra $20 laying around and want to funnel it towards your gym endeavors, supplementing XTEND BCAA'S would be a great choice. BCAA's can help encourage protein synthesis, prevent muscle breakdown as well as provide electrolytes that can aide cell/muscle interactions. If you're tired of bland, over-sweetly, and chunky BCAA's definitely give XTEND a go as it excels in taste and mixability. If you're a avid BCAA consumer, with the exception of under-dose Citrulline Malate definitely give this clinically-dosed brand a GO!
    • Blue Raspberry: 9/10
    • Watermelon: 9/10

August 28, 2016

• Maintains Muscle

Xtend by SciVation is one of the original BCAA products that really paved the way and brought light on the use of amino acids for intra-workout supplementation that has held up over time.

BCAA blend (2:1:1 Leucine/Isoleucine/Valine) 7g: This is generally the standard ratio that is seen within most BCAA products and actually has a higher dosage of 7 grams compared to what I feel the norm stays at (5g) for similar products. I feel like most people that take BCAAs are aware of the benefits of why to take BCAAs but aren't really educated on how it works. The idea is that when you workout and burn calories, your body is getting the energy from one of three macronutrients (fat, carbohydrates, and protein). The problem with utilizing energy stores of protein is that it generally involves breakdown of muscle tissue and uses amino acids which are the product of that breakdown pathway. By supplementing with BCAAs, the idea is that your body is able to utilize this as a protein energy source rather than breaking down muscle, which is extremely helpful for people that are on a calorie deficit to lose weight while holding on to their muscle mass.

L-Glutamine 2.5g: Glutamine is also an amino acid, however it works slightly different than BCAAs in it's role as a supplement. It works on several chemical pathways to minimize muscle breakdown and improve protein metabolism but not as an energy source like BCAAs.

Electrolyte Blend 1.2g: This helps our muscles function at optimal performance by providing key electrolytes (postassium and sodium) that our bodies require to effectively contract muscle.

Citrulline Malate 1g: Citrulline Malate is a commonly used precursor to nitric oxide that facilitates vasodilation and offers us a good "pump" in the gym. It's fairly underdosed in this supplement but can offer additional benefits by using it in conjunction with a preworkout supplement that also contain it. Clinically significant doses were found to be around 6 grams.

I've used their grape, orange, and green apple flavors and have always been satisfied with the taste. It's not too strong or weak if mixed in a full water bottle (32oz). It doesn't clump either and the serving scoop is conveniently sized to cleanly pour into nearly any water bottle opening without mess.

It's hard to gauge the effectiveness of BCAA products since they work by reducing muscle breakdown, but I personally do feel like using Xtend helped with maintaining the muscle that I had during my cutting phases. The addition of the citrulline malate also gave me an extra "pump" effect to my preworkout.

Xtend is priced around $20 for 30 servings and around $45 for 90 servings. I feel like a BCAA product that offers anywhere from 5-7g is a fairly good deal at $.50/serving which is right around the range of this supplement. I think it's a good value for a quality product from a company that has many years of experience producing it.

Side Effects

None :]

Conclusion

SciVation Xtend is truly an old-school supplement that has proven the test of time in a supplement world that has seen a ridiculous amount of product failures. They've stayed fairly true to their original formula over the years due to its popular appeal and effectiveness. I personally think it's a wise decision to be on a BCAA supplement at all times to just give yourself the peace of mind that your muscles don't dip much into a catabolic state and Xtend delivers. At the end of the day, SciVation knows they have a quality product at a reasonable price and know that they shouldn't fix what ain't broken. Cheers.

July 3, 2016

• Containers Don't Last Long

I was looking for a BCAA product that would provide a small boost at the tail end of my workouts and recovery post workout. It did seem at times that it would give me a boost at the end of my workouts but I did not notice any quicker of a recovery vs not using this product. I definitley noticed that it did help keep me hydrated during workouts which is a nice feature I did not expect prior to purchasing.

First things first, I was looking for strictly BCAA's in a product when I found this one which had a few bonus features. I was looking for a BCAA that had a 2:1:1 ratio which this product does have. It also has 3500 mg of L-Leucine which is another must for me compared to toher BCAA's that contain 2500 mg. I was not interested in any of the 10:1:1 ratio since everything that I have read says that the body cannot absorb the higher L-Leucine ratio. If anyone has information stating otherwise please share it so I do not provide anyone with wrong information and so I can be informed. The Glutamine included is also a bonus at 2500 mg. I realize some people do not prefer this added but I have no issues with this at all. The electrolytes and Citrulline Malate included (even though they are small doses) is a bonus. I purchased this product just looking for a BCAA supplement.

Taste was off the charts good (kiwi-strawberry). Not too tart and went down easy. Mixed like a gem. Had to shake it once if it sat for 10-15 minutes during my workouts. Dosing requires one scoop. I would take two 16 oz bottles of water, stake two small sips out of each, put a funnel in bottle one, add a scoop and repeat for bottle two. Shake it up and I have my intra-workout BCAA drink and my post-workout BCAA drink waitng for me.

This is where the problem is for me. I am not sure if this product actually helped me recover. The hydration part with the electrolytes did help intra-workout but I did not notice any improvement on recovery from this product. With all of the ingredients I listed above and what I love about them and the great taste this product has I was a bit dissapointed with the results. I see others had success with this product which is one of the reasons I tried it. For me, I did not seem to have the same results as others in a positive way. I may be the odd man out with regards to this product not performing like I expected.

The value is not bad if you take one dose daily. I was taking two doses daily since I thought this is what would benefit me the most. The cost added up quickly which I expected. If you try this product and like it, I would reccomend buying the larger container and saving yourself some money. It is comparable to other BCAA products. I am looking for my next BCAA supplement beginning tomorrow.

Side Effects

Conclusion

All in all I would say this product did not live up to my expectations. I was expecting a quicker recovery and to see better results. I did not see a difference from before I used this product vs using this product. If you want to stay hydrated during your workout and have a good tasting drink, then this is definetly for you. It worked for others but not me. I cant say not to try this product since others have had success, but based on my experience I will not purchase in the future.

July 31, 2015

• A Bit Expensive

I've been lifting for several years. I've used Xtend for about 18 months. I've gone through several tubs of assorted flavours.

Product Summary:

Marketed Results
      Supports Muscle Growth & Strength*
      Supports Faster Recovery*
      Helps Preserve Muscle*

There is some debate in the fitness community as to the usefulness of BCAA supplementation. Intermittent fasting has many athletes using BCAAs to train fasted. If you're looking for a BCAA supplement then Xtend has it all and tastes great to boot. BCAA pills or capsules are generally large, the ones I've tried have been a challenge to swallow.

Usefulness aside, Xtend does taste great. I've tried Orange Dream, Green Apple and Grape flavours. All taste amazing and mix very well with water. One scoop can be hella sweet, overpowering even. I tend to use less than this - maybe 2/3rds of a scoop. There is no "chemical" taste or after taste.

Depending on your weight, Xtend is recommended at 2-3 scoops per day. I general took 2/3rd scoop while working out, and depending on the day 1 or 2 more scoops in the afternoon or evening.

Really hard to say. Did Xtend help me through my workouts? Increased endurance or energy? Maybe. Did I notice a difference between drinking water while training and drinking Xtend? Maybe. The placebo effect is entirely possible. I did drink more on leg days, and did notice less DOMS.

What Xtend was effective in doing is helping me drink more. Pounding down plain water all day can get boring. I also found it useful in curbing cravings for sweets. A scoop in the evening helped keep me away from ice cream.... I also use Xtend as a flavoring agent in my homemade PWO. It works very well in that regard.

Using the Xtend 90 serving sized jugs, the price per serving works out to approx. $0.61. That's cheaper than a bottle of Gatorade. Still, kicking out $55 for something that may or may not work is a hefty chunk of change.

Side Effects

I didn't notice any side effects.

Conclusion

I like Xtend, despite the fact BCAA supplementation may not be useful. It falls into the category or "it can't hurt to try it" for me. As mentioned earlier, the flavours do make water taste great, and help curb cravings from something sweet.

9.5
        May 21, 2015

• Added Glutamine
      Hey all! It's been a while since I've written a review. SO, here's my take on Scivation's Xtend (new formula)

Everything here looks good. A whole 7g's of BCAA's! 2:1:1 ratio with 3500mg of L-Leucine, 1750mg of L-Isoleucine and 1750mg of L-Valine. Scivation also added 1g of Citrulline Malate, 2500mg of L-Glutamine and an electrolyte blend! Yay for the citrulline, but I'm pretty sure you can't have L-Glutamine sitting in water too long.... But, I hardly know my shib.. Electrolytes... it's what plants crave!
      Solid profile, plus pumps!

I had watermelon madness; figured it wouldn't be a risky flavor. It's great! Tastes like a watermelon jolly rancher. Instructions say add 1 scoop with 8-10oz of water. I'd say I've got a sweet tooth, but still found it to be a bit strong with that amount of water. I mix with around 20oz of water instead. Mixability is fine, just let it sit for a minute or so after a good mix.

I've never really felt a strong effect from BCAA's in terms of recovery (post-workout use as well), but on days where I skip the BCAA's (intra-workout) I definitely notice a struggle to grind out the rest of the routine. Endurance is solid, but I'd point at the citrulline for the extra pumps and energy even though there's only 1g of it in there. However, I just about always add a whole serving (3g) of citrulline malate to my pre-workout.
      I'm currently using Xtend as a PW alternative since I'm on a thermo. I just add a serving of citrulline and beta-alanine. Works like a dream!

I bought the 90 serving tub for about 50 bucks making the servings just under 60 cents. I think if you get the 30 servings, it'll run around 20 dollars. Still not a bad price.

Side Effects

No sides.

Conclusion

~9
      Xtend is a great intra-workout that is going to be staple for me. It's got everything I need and then some!

August 6, 2014

• Shortens Recovery Time
      • Tastes Good
      • Supports Lean Muscle
      • Great Bcaas
      • Taste Is Addicting
      • Expensive When Used As Directed
      TASTE: 10/10
      I give the taste a 10/10 because it simply tastes amazing and does not have any bad after taste like i have tasted with other BCAAs.
      Orange: 10 – I love this flavor and I always get it when I order X-tend. It Tastes like an orange-creamsicle. I've gone through roughly 180 servings of this flavor and I'm nowhere near tired of it.
      I want to try the apple flavor because i have heard it really tastes good, I will update my review if and when I try it out.

MIX-ABILITY: 10/10
      I found that the mix-ability is a lot better than some other BCAAS disregarding what some people have said about it being tough to mix. I have to disagree.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10
      I used X-tend during my workouts and it works amazing, it gives me the amount of BCAAS that i need. I feel when i drink it i feel less sore after a workout and the day after. Xtend really shines in this capacity as its ingredient profile is clean and calorie free. A single serving (2 scoops) delivers 9.6g's of BCAAs as well as 10mg's of vitamin B6 and 1g of Citrulline Malate. Of course, the flavors of this product also play a heavy role, and the wide variety of Xtend flavors scores it another point in this category. I have recommended Xtend to all of my friends and they do agree that it is the best stuff out there.

VALUE: 8/10
      This is my only real issue with Xtend. A 90 serving tub costs $50, which breaks down to a per serving cost of .55c. And you can get the 30serving container for roughly .50c a serving and I feel it should be cheaper to buy in the bigger size.

OVERALL: 9/10
      Xtend is a great tasting and versatile supplement that can be a solid addition to any stack. For me, a BCAA supplement ranks high on my list of supplement priorities, and Xtend currently occupies the 2nd highest spot on the list of intra-workout products that I've tried. Although not packed with some of the goodies of other products, Xtend still delivers everything you need and a little bit more. I would definitely tell you to buy this and try it out for 30days because you will see a difference in using it. The wide variety of flavors and the fact that it's one of the best tasting supplements on the market make Xtend an excellent product and one of my personal favorites.