PRICES (12)

Amazon

Ill Pump You Up

AllStarHealth

A1Supplements

You are viewing a single review (#1 of 2)
Click here to show all Xtend Perform reviews.
smashley23
TROOPer Level: 29

----

I'm a competing powerlifter, and I'm currently cutting down for a meet in June (slowly, losing .5-1lbs/week). I'm training 5-6 days a week right now (2 high volume days and three intensity days- one for each main lift), and looking to add 40-50lbs to my total, so I'll be hitting the grind quite hard for the next 10 weeks.

I use a variety of supplements, mainly pre workouts and protein powder/bars, but I also have some for general health, multi, fish oil, curcumin, and joint support (cissus) which I only take as needed.

----Ingredient Profile--

BCAAS- This product has 7g of BCAAs in the standard 2:1:1 ratio. Usually people take anywhere from 5-10g at a time, so 7 is just about right.

Electrolytes- I like that there are electrolytes here. I think hydration is often underrated when it comes to performance and recovery. The blend includes sodium chloride, potassium chloride, and trisodium citrate dyhdrate

Citrulline Malate- 1g here, clearly not enough for a pump, but even small doses of citrulline malate can help muscles recover faster and improve endurance. I don't know if 1g is enough for endurance/recovery purposes (I couldn't find any literature on the matter), but many pre workouts have citrulline in them anyway, so it's easy to get more (or you can just add some in bulk).

Peak O2- This is what sets Xtend Perform apart from the other Xtend versions. Peak O2 is a trademarked blend of mushrooms. One study on it found that it can improve peak power output, VO2 Max, and time to exhaustion. In the study, they used 4g Peak O2 over the course of the day.

Each scoop of Xtend Perform has 2g Peak O2, and on the bottle, they recommend you take it twice a day, which would mean one bottle lasts 22 days (or 22 workout days if you only take it then.)

If Peak O2 holds up to the hype (hopefully there will be more research on the product), this could prove to be a really interesting supplements for athletes in a variety of sports.

I had the black cherry tub, and it tasted good, but it was strong. So strong that 1 scoop was almost enough for my half gallon water bottle. If I filled my bottle up all the way, the flavor was a little weak. 50-55oz is about right, so I would not use a small shaker bottle for this supplement.

My friends who also had black cherry complained the flavor was too strong, and it was like drinking candy. They had 20 oz shakers. That's why. I can't comment on the other flavors yet, but I ordered mango, so I'll know soon if it's as strongly flavored.
It mixed easily if anything 1 scoop might be too much for people who have a normal sized bottle. They should supersize their bottles, like I have :D.

For me, this product was very effective. I found that on days where I used it, I wasn't as tired at the end of my workouts, some of them last 2 hours and I do 38-40 sets, so prolonged time to fatigue is really helpful for me.

I also found that my endurance improved even though I wasn't doing cardio regularly. I might do cardio 2-3 times some weeks and not at all other weeks. I found that when I came back to cardio, I didn't have to start over endurance wise. I was able to pick up where I left off and I've never been able to do that before.

It can be expensive, $30-35 a tub, which is 44 servings if you take 1 scoop a day, but only 22 servings if you take 2 scoops a day, but if you look around, you can get a good price.

I got 3 tubs for $60 (and free shipping). At $20 a tub it was an absolute steal, and I found that 1 scoop a day was enough for me to benefit from Peak O2, so 3 tubs will last me a long time.

You can also buy Peak O2 in bulk from Primaforce, so if you want 4g, but don't want to double scoop this product, that's an option.

Side Effects

None for me!

Conclusion

This product has become my favorite intra workout. It checks all the right markers: helps with performance, tastes good, hydrates. I'd recommend it to anyone who has long workouts or wants a boost in their work capacity or just wants to stay hydrated and have something that tastes good.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduces Fatigue
  • Tasty
    • Black Cherry: 8/10

• elee229
      TROOPer Level: 42
      March 17, 2017

Good review! I just bought this product off a fellow Trooper. So far so good.
      Damn that's one big ass shaker cup/bottle if it holds 50-55 oz. Where'd you get the 3 tubs for $60? I'd like in on that deal

• kalans
      TROOPer Level: 70
      March 17, 2017

Great review! I have been wanting to check this product out, glad it worked so well for you!

• trey-carmine
      TROOPer Level: 60
      March 17, 2017

Great review, looking forward to trying peak02!

• Wis3guy
      TROOPer Level: 45
      March 17, 2017

Nice review, look so Ike I need some of this.

• Firefighter
      TROOPer Level: 14
      March 17, 2017

Nice review I liked this stuff quite a bit

• smashley23
      TROOPer Level: 29
      March 18, 2017

I ordered from esupplements.com. Took about a week to get to me, but that might have been due to the snow storm. My town got hit hard.

• McGilla
      TROOPer Level: 38
      March 19, 2017

Great detail.

• ODAAT365
      TROOPer Level: 49
      April 12, 2017 - Last Edited: 2017-04-12 12:30:05

Do you really feel like the PeakO2 was what made the difference in this product? I always use BCAAs for recovery and have run through a ton of regular Xtend but in the summers I almost exclusively cycle. I'm specifically looking for that O2 uptake thing as a benefit for the more cardiovascular part of cycling. Although I like BCAAs for the muscle retention too.