Beta Alanine has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Amino Acids > Beta-Alanine

Beta Alanine Reviews

By: SciFit

FORUM TOPICS

Amino Acids > Beta-Alanine
Beta Alanine is a Beta-Alanine Product manufactured by SciFit. It helps increase carnosine levels, which helps buffer lactic acid and increase muscle endurance by decreasing the 'burn' during exercise. This increse in endurance can translate to increased muscle mass and strength.

Beta Alanine has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Amino Acids > Beta-Alanine

Only 4 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

January 31, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Take
  • Increased Muscular And Cardio Endurance
  • Lasts Forever
    This is a review for Sci-Fit's Beta Alanine 2000 Powder not the Gel Caps in actuality.

Hopefully most of us by this time know what Beta-Alanine is yet for those of us still in the dark about this great product here is a little background info! Beta Alanine-BA is a Non-Essential Amino Acid that promotes muscular energy. It improves muscular endurance and buffers your muscles from normal fatigue. Through many studies done (Pubmed) BA was shown to decrease Intra-muscular Acidosis (why you get tired while performing an exercise) which is done through the production of additional Carnosine. Beta-Alanine, along with L-Histidine, has shown to be the limiting factor on how much Carnosine your body can produce. The more you are able to produce the more your muscles are buffered from fatigue therefore improving endurance. Studies also show that it may also help in the production of lean muscle due to the fact that you are able to do more reps because you aren't as tired as quickly!

Enough about the background info lets jump into this review!

Dosage- I dosed this as directed on the bottle which is 1 teaspoon (2g) twice daily for four weeks then after that just 2g once daily. Obviously the best time to use this product is as a pre-workout and I really wouldn't recommend taking more than 2 servings of this stuff because it is powerful. (I jumped straight into it with around 5ish grams and was in the bathroom the entire workout, take it slow in the beginning and then increase dosage after you build up a tolerance.) I have taken this product over the course of many stacks so listing what else I've been taking would be pointless but no matter what I was taking this product for me was always consistent.

Effectiveness 9 Really nice feeling each time I would take this product right about 10-15 minutes later so it really works fast! Very Effective, you feel the Beta-Tingles every-time you take this product, kind of like an itchy feeling that can be overwhelming for some in the beginning but you really start to love them after some time! This product allows you to go beyond your normal limit on reps from this I felt like I could always push out more reps and felt like I couldn't run out of energy throughout my whole workout and this lasted the entire bottle. Each dose I would know it was time for the gym (after having this as my only pre-workout for months on end my body just got used to going to the gym after getting these tingles!)

Taste/Mixability/Ingredient Profile 10 Really simple here 2g would mix perfectly in about 6oz of water and it was a strange taste towards the beginning but after awhile you get used to it and even look forward to it! The Ingredient Profile is great and simple-no prop blend here! Profile is 1780mg BA with the other precursor to Carnosine L-Histidine 220mg.

Value 10 As the reviews before this one state this stuff is really dirt cheap in its bulk form. I bought this from BB.com at $16 for 300g or 150 servings so right about 10 cents a serving...ridiculous. I ordered this on July 14th...I just ran out yesterday. Really great value on this great product. I do however recommend getting the powder (little more expensive) over the soft gels due to reliability and the ability to dose it the way you please more effectively than caps.

Overall 9 Great product, Great Value, and has a Great Effect. I would definitely recommend it to anyone, especially if you're looking to stay away from stims or trying to create your own pre-workout concoction! As the expert reviewers said if this product isn't in your stack you are definitely missing out!

November 17, 2010

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy To Take
    • Increased Muscular And Cardio Endurance
      Good ol' Sci-fit has done it yet again. I have become very impressed the more i use this. I started off with the recommended dose of 2 pre workout. I was noticing some decent muscle endurance with that dosing. When i was getting close to the end of the first bottle i bumped it up to 3 pre-workout, and i could not believe the difference with just 1 more softgel. My muscles would take a beating in the gym, and still kept wanting more. I never got the itchy feeling with these, or maybe i did and didnt realize it since i have been using Beta Alanine for so long. This stuff was so cheap that i could not afford not to buy it. I bought it for buy 2 get 3 free for 35.99. Thats an incredible price.

November 10, 2010

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Easy To Take
      • Increased Muscular And Cardio Endurance
        Another great SciFit product. I actually used the powder form of this and saw and am still seeing great results. Its simply Beta Alanine and L-Histidine so no need to go in depth about the ingredient profile. However, for those who do not know wha Beta Alanine does, it increases carnosine in the muscles which prevents muscle fatigue/promotes muscular endurance

Taste/Mixability: Not much to speak of, crystalline type powder mixes very well with any liquid. Personally I mixed mine with my pre and postworkout protein and you dont even know its in there, which is fine by me.

Effectiveness: What can I say, Beta Alanine is one of the most underrated and effective supplements in my stack. Effects become noticeable after the first dose, which for some may be a little bit intense because of the tingling sensation, but personally I love the feeling, its like a unique rush of energy. From the first dose I ever took (2bottles ago) until this day I noticed rather dramatic increases in my muscular endurance, and a huge decrease in how fast I fatigued. This needless to say is freakn awesome because it allows you to push yourself way past the normal Threshold. Also was great for cardio, I felt like I could hit the heavybag and jumprope forever. Overall Id say it is extremely effective.

Value: I got it BOGO on bb.com for $20 for 500grams, which lasts forever(literally haha). Even without BOGO it is dirt cheap, for the amount you get and how effective it is.

Overall an underrated and greatly effective product. If its not in your stack you are missing out.
        Side Note: Stick with the powder form, you can control the dosing and be assured you are getting quick absorbtion. Tingling sensation subsides after continual use, but effectiveness seems to keep getting better and better.

October 1, 2010

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Easy To Take
        • Increased Endurance Sometimes.
        • Release Time Varies
        • Itchy Feeling.
        Sci-Fit Beta Alanine 2000 is a combination of Beta Alanine and L-Histidine.
        -What is Beta Alanine and what does it do?
        *To my knowledge, Beta Alanine is a Non-Essential Amino Acid that is found in chicken, beef, pork, and fish.
        *Beta Alanine and L-Histidine work together to create carnosine.
        *Carnosine(Beta Alanine & L-Histidine) claims to Increase strength, endurance, training capacity, and muscle mass.
        *Sci-Fit Beta Alanine 2000 claims.
        -A precise combination of the carnosine boosting precursors Beta Alanine and L-Histidine. Beta Alanine and L-Histidine are shown to increase Carnosine within muscle tissue more effectively than ingesting Carnosine itself. High levels of Carnosine are present in skeletal muscle tissue, but the amount will be limited by dietary intake. By naturally increasing the amount of Carnosine within muscle tissue, the athlete "MAY" experience explosive results.(Strait from the bottle)
        *My Results/Specs with Sci-Fit Beta Alanine 2000*
        -Price- 10/10. It costed me 20 bucks for 250 capsules. You take 6 capsules the first 4 weeks, then take 3 a day until the bottle is gone.
        -Endurance- 6/10. The only reason this doesn't get a 10 is b/c it was so inconsistent. This only worked about 60% of the time that I took it.
        -Strength- I did notice some ok strength gains, but i don't give this credit for it.
        -Effectiveness-6/10. This product was incredible when it actually worked. Way to inconsistant to get the full 10.
        -I stacked this with Kre-Alkalyn 1500, Gluta-Lyn 1500 as it was recomended to do so. I did get some decent size gains while on that stack, but I don't really believe this contributed that much.
        *You can deffinately tell when this stuff is working. I call it the Beta Alanine effect. You do get pretty dang itchy and red, but it does allow you to get some more reps when the effect takes place.
        *I don't really want to recommend this or not recommen this since it was so incositent. I'd say try it, it's pretty dirt cheap. If it works for you ona regular basis your getting a hell of a product and if not your out 20 bucks. I probably wont purchase again.
        *Bottom line is that when it worked it really helped but it was so inconsistent* Overall just a 6.