SIREN Reviews

By: Savage Supplements

SIREN is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Savage Supplements. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall
6.8
  June 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Focus
  • DMAA Crash

Well, I had heard some pretty good stuff about Siren, a new PWO from Savage Supplements that features our old friend DMAA, and I was excited to give it a run. I have to put a full disclaimer out there in saying that I feel very similar to Kalans about this product and I am not trying to rip off his review or anything like that, it just looks we had similar feelings. It had been a while since I dabbled with DMAA, and here is how it went for me.

Going back to what I said about Kalans' review, he did an amazing job breaking down this ingredient profile. The two biggest things for me were the amount of caffeine and the DMAA. I never respond well to pump products, so I wasn't too concerned with those ingredients, although I must say I did get a decent pump effect with this one. More about that in the effectiveness section. Caffeine is dosed at 300mg which has become par for the course these days in the PWO category. I'm interested to see what they will be at in a few years from now as they seem to be steadily increasing the amount each year. I think I have seen some now that are up to 400mg. Crazy. Then there is our old buddy DMAA. Most of us loved it back in the Jack3D days. Crazy, heavy-hitting workouts that could go on forever it seemed. Then came along Uncle Sam, telling us all how bad DMAA is for us and how people are getting hurt from it. Since then, for the most part, it has been gone. Looking back at OG Jack3d, I think I remember it being about 25mg or so of DMAA per scoop. Siren contains a whopping 75mg alongside 75mg of Eria Jarensis Extract, which is another stimulant somewhat similar to DMAA. Mixed in with the caffiene, there is a lot going on here. Your CNS is going to be feeling this one for sure.

I got the Orange-Mango flavor and it was just OK. Had a little too much of a thick, sweet taste to it. I prefer the lighter, refreshing flavors like Nutrabio puts out. Mixability was fine. No major issues using a shaker cup. Dosing was one scoop before my workouts. I never went past that amount.

Well here is the meat and potatos of my review. Im going to be brief and to the point with this one. My workouts using Siren were pretty awesome, there is no denying that. I felt great in the gym, had a lot of extra sweating going on, and felt like I could just keep going and going. Pump was there too for sure along with a little bit of increased vascularity. Arm days were always fun. I had forgotten the truly focused feeling you get from DMAA, in fact the first day I took this stuff, I almost felt like a junkie who had gone a long time without their favorite drug and finally got it again. Well, I should clarify that. I have never been a junkie and don't actually know what that feels like, it's just what I imagine it would feel like. No offense to junkies either. As time went on, the DMAA started effecting me less and less, which is expected. Your body figures this stuff out and builds up a tolerance just like most other things. For that reason, i tried to only use this one a few times a week at the most. It would be a great product to just keep in the cabinet and bust out a couple times a month at most when you really want that extra rush. For all these reasons, I gave it a decent rating on effectiveness, but continue on to my side effects section for the rest of my thoughts.

$50 bucks bought directly from the company, which comes out to 1.67 per serving. More than I'd want to pay. A quick google turned up a 40 dollar deal at cobra supplements. This makes it a little more reasonable. All that being said though, I rated it at 6.0 for value because that equals "I would only buy this again if I had extra money to burn."

Side Effects

This is for sure going to be the most I have ever written in this section of a review. There were some direct side effects, and some side effects that may go unseen. First and foremost was the Caffeine/DMAA crash I experienced. During my workouts I was focused and loving it, but within an hour of working out, I wanted to sit in a quiet room and stare at a wall. I didn't want to talk to anyone or do anything. I just wanted nothing, even sleep. This was the ultimate crash when sleeping doesn't even appeal to you.

In the title of my review I mentioned the need for DMAA. That is the big point I want to get across with my review. Yes, the workouts were decent, but at what price. There is no doubt in my mind that DMAA is not good for your body, especially at a 75mg dose several times a week. Do I have proof of that, not really. But based on the roller coaster of effects I feel on it, it is definitely creating some imbalances in my head somewhere. Secondly, there has always been a lot of talk on the street about drug tests and ingredients like DMAA. I am a pretty firm beliver that DMAA should not cause you to pop a full panel urine test done at a lab. However, i do believe it can definitely make you pop a quick drug screen, where you pee in the cup and it just changes color instantly if it thinks there are any drugs at all in your urine. This could be costly for someone, and I have read plenty of instances where it has been. Obviously, with all the crazy supplements we all take from random companies, I guess it could happen with anything, but it stinks having to worry about it with DMAA.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I do not think DMAA is necessary in supplements any more. It doesn't seem at all worth the risk after I have tried many PWO products that don't contain anything even similar to DMAA and have yielded similar, if not better results. That's what it comes down to for me. I don't need to deal with the crash, and the drug test worries and possible health issues. I can't fully reccomend Siren for those reasons, but I still gave it the "Meh" rating because the workouts were still good and a lot of my opinions about DMAA are just that, my opinions, and you may not share the same ones. If you want to try this one for yourself, I say go for it. Plenty of people on here have loved it. Thanks for reading as always and thanks to Savage Supplements for sending this one out. Getting off my soap box now!
  • Orange Mango: 6/10

May 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Focus
  • Good Pump
  • Fully Transparent
  • Anxiety

Introduction & Supplement Facts

Siren, lures you into the cliffs.. Boy I heard this calling my name, and I am happy I was able to review it. In particular I am happy I was able to review it due to narrowing out how effective DMAA is verses what was on the market otherwise. Like most of those who are reading this review, I have taken plenty of preworkouts and some contained DMAA/DMHA/AMP C or other new stimulants. The point I am getting at is that I have been able to test and try many stimulants, and it isn't always about having the strongest stimulant but how well the ingredients work synergistically. Starting off we have 4 grams of citrulline malate 2 to 1 ratio which is under par compared to the majority of fully dosed products on the market, short by 2 grams or 4 grams if you are like me and require a full clinical dosed 8 gram serving. The second ingredient listed is beta alanine at 3 grams rather than the clinical dosage of 3.2 grams, which is a bummer but 200 milligrams probably does not make a whole lot of difference in the big scheme of things. Next is Betaine which is underdosed as well only containing 1.5 grams rather than the 2.5 grams for the clinical study. Agmatine sulfate is efficiently dosed at 1 gram, which is a great dosage but would be better at 1.5 grams. The next few ingredients are good and nothing I'll complain about (minus the very low dosage on beet root extract at 150 milligrams, which should be at 500 milligrams at least otherwise don't even included), and the NALT dosage is good at 600mg. Now we are getting to the interesting section of the ingredients, which we start off with 300 milligrams of caffeine and that is enough to get you going and yet competitive enough with the direction of the pre-workout Market. 75 mg of DMAA which is probably a stronger dose than most of the products back when DMAA was big and not partially illegal, adding 75 mg of Eria Jarensis which works like dmaa but isn't as strong and would have been better if dosed at 125 milligrams (heavier hitting also). Last but not least we have 30 milligrams of Noopept, which is a great high dosage if you do not look at the 50 milligram dosage in Azoth. Overall this product would have been killer back when DMAA ran rampant, but nowadays it isn't as high on the list in such a way that I personally can compare it to Ferox which did not contain DMAA or Eria yet was a stronger hitting and effective product.. Still this product is dosed very well, and has good makings for an effective competitor.

----Taste, Mixability, & Dosing----
Blackberry lemonade is the flavor that I chose, which had a very bitter taste due to the stimulants and citrulline malate. It certainly wasn't the worst flavor that I have had, and was indeed drinkable. Mixability was great and I had no issues otherwise. When it came to dosing thing I started with 1 serving 30 minutes before the gym, and eventually tried 1.25 servings and also 3/4 of a serving due to being later in the day.

(7.9/10)
As always I typically tried to take one week off stimulants to give my adrenal glands a chance to reset or rejuvenate in preparation for a new pre-workout or stimulant product. I have been continuing forward with my cutting program and diet, in which case my carb intake was reduced for the most part and in some cases I have increased the carb intake in order to gauge the effectiveness of the pump and endurance, eliminating the factor of diet. When it came to energy I could definitely tell that DMAA and Eria was in this product, as my energy levels were very strong and steady. Unfortunately this product was not an exception to the rule of tolerance build up especially concerning these two ingredients. There was never a high as when I first took this product, even when I had taken a few days off stimulants during the review. Realistically I would keep this product stashed away for a rainy day and would refrain from using it more than one to two times a month, unfortunately I lacked the luxury of extra time in this review. The endurance was definitely there, but I felt it being more lackluster than the typical products that I have been reviewing. The beta alanine is underdosed, even though it was just a little yet enough to notice a difference. Where I normally felt I could go the extra 1-2 reps I didn't have that drive while using siren even while on my higher carb days. For me the focus was actually pretty good, as I felt the distractions melt away. Lastly was pump, which surprised me.. Pumps were most always noticeable, even when I hadn't had any carbs that day before the gym. And on those days that I had my higher carb days or added a carb meal before the gym, well that is when it felt more of the skin splitting!

Side Effects

The side effects were expected as many know that I typically will find myself having greater moments of anxiety when the stimulants wear out, and then that leads to the dreaded crash which makes me want to go take a nap. Of course in favor of siren it could be marketed as a sleep aid in conjunction with a pre-workout, as I always joke with my friend then he does not have any adrenal glands left.. Well that is about how I feel when the crash starts, with lackluster energy fading fast.

(7.5/10)
Being a new product and brand it cost more then I would be willing to pay, has on their website it is sold for $50 for 30 servings which is $1.66 per serving. Fortunately there is website called Cobra supplements which has this product 4 $40 which is $1.33 per serving making it have a greater value. At this cost per serving I am comfortable paying that much,but would like the ingredient dosages tweaked a bit as mentioned above. The consumer and manufacturer are always at battle when it comes to quantity and quality, as the brand needs to make money yet the consumer continues to want more more for what they are paying. I am sure smaller brands are at a disadvantage for cost, but ultimately I think the consumers are still missing out.

Overall

(7.7/10)
In the start of this review I was comparing it in mind with ferox by chaos and pain, and the whole reason as to doing that is showing myself that you don't always need DMAA/Eria/Amp C/DMHA just to get a solid experience. My experience with this product was much like the flavor, bittersweet. I am still recommending this product because I believe it is better than many products on the market, yet it isn't high on my personal list. Again I am happy to experience this product and the chance to review it, so thank you Savage for your participation!
  • Blackberry Lemonade : 6/10

April 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance
  • Energy
  • Tastes Good
  • Pumps
  • DMAA Crash
First off I want to thank Savage Supplements for letting us troopers have the chance to give this products a try. I had seen this on the trooper program before and decided to pass on trying it. After looking into it some more and being in the need of a new pre-workout to try I saw it come on the trooper program again and decided I would give it a try this time. Boy was I glad I decided this time to give this a try. Savage Supplements is a newer company and not widely known or available to purchase just yet. I am really hoping this product can take off because it turned out for me to be a rather impressive product and very effective.

Ingredients:
First off I want to give big props to this company for not using any prop blends in this and let you know just how much of everything you get. I feel this has a pretty solid ingredient profile to it. You get a total of 12 different ingredients in this. I like that each ingredient is fully dosed which is a big plus. There is a lot of really good stuff in here if your looking for strength, Endurance, Focus, and Pumps. Also in this they put some DMAA at 75mg which is a pretty high amount and very noticeable. I also like that they go with 300mg of caffeine. I find between 300 and 350mg of caffeine seem to be just the right amount I care to have.

Value:
Right now the only place I could find this was on their website. They want $49.99 for 30 servings. I am hoping other sites can start carrying this because I know it will help bring the price down a bit. Right now the price they want on their website I think is a bit high. I don't really want to knock them to much on points for price because even though it is a bit high now it is still a really good product. I know once a few other sites start carrying this the price will go down a bit which will help.

Taste:
This comes in two flavors Blackberry Lemonade and their newest flavor Orange Mango. I decided to give the new Orange Mango a try so I can give a review of it since all the other reviews had the Blackberry Lemonade. It does have a nice orange mango smell to the power and figure if this tastes as good as it smells this will be pretty good. The reviews I was reading on the blackberry lemonade were not giving it very high on taste. I was really hoping this would be better. I was rather surprised how this tasted. It does have that nice orange mango taste to it but it also has a distinct chemical taste to it. The chemical taste is not real strong but is very notice able. If that chemical taste could be taken out of this it would be really good. Even with the little bit of chemical taste it had I still found this to be enjoyable to drink. This is not overly sweet or tart at all. Seems to be just the right mix on flavor. I have heard they are working on a couple of newer flavors which I look forward to seeing.

Mixing/Dosing:
Had no issues with it mixing. When mixed it did have a light orange mango color to it so does have some dyes in it which I would rather not have. Since everything in this is fully dosed you should only need one scoop. There is no real need to go more than one scoop which I really like so then you get the full 30 servings.

This seems to hit all areas pretty well I thought. For energy and endurance you get 300mg of Caffeine, 75mg of 1,3 Dimethylamylamine, and 75mg of Eria Jarensis Extract. I felt this gave me some pretty good long lasting energy. It was nothing to strong or anything that caused me to feel all jittery like. For me it felt like a more smooth and clean like energy it gave. I know for some people it might be a little to much and would suggest starting with half scoop. The energy this gave me seemed to last a long time and with the added DMAA at 75mg I think really helped a lot more at keeping the energy going longer. My overall endurance always seem to feel a lot better and needed a lot less time between sets before I was ready. I noticed that it also felt a bit easier when I would doing my 10-15 reps range on my lifts. When doing those higher reps it did not seem to take as much out of me and was not as winded or as tired after doing those sets. Big plus for me on energy and endurance from this.

The pumps from this were decent nothing real crazy like but were noticeable at times. They use 4g of L-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1 and 1g of Agmatine Sulfate. Usually I have a hard time noticing pumps unless I am doing higher reps and more high volume type training. With what they use in this for pumps I am surprised I did not notice the pumps a bit more than what I did. For me to really notice pumps more I have to be doing more high volume type training. If I am doing less reps with higher weight it's a lot harder for me to notice them. I did feel and look a bit more vascular which was nice. I noticed a lot more of those road map like veins I was getting in my forearms which I liked seeing. Also my muscles looked a lot more fuller and my muscles started to feel a lot harder like.

The focus this gave me I thought was pretty decent. In this you get 600mg of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, 350mg of L-Theanine, and 30mg of Noopept. Once I would get started with my workout and really lock into it I felt the focus and drive this gave me was really good. I felt like I could really keep going and was able to block out a lot of the other distractions I have to deal with at times while working out. I normally workout later in the afternoon and a lot of the times I feel a bit more drained from working all day and my mind is still winding down a bit from work stuff and this helped me a bit at clearing my mind better of that stuff so I could focus better on my workouts.

The strength part of this is what really impressed me the most about this product. For there not being any creatine in this I was rather surprised how much my strength gains went up. They use 3g dose of Beta-Alanine and 1.5g dose of Betaine . I noticed not long after I started using this that my lifts started to go up. The weight I was doing seemed to be not as heavy and was able to go up in weight on a lot of my lifts. The area I really noticed the biggest strength gains was in my shoulders. Usually I have a really hard time going up in weight when I do seated military presses with either the bar or dumbbells. A lot of the time I stay right around the same weight and it's really hard for me to go in weight on shoulders. After being on this for awhile I was starting to do some weight I had never done before on free weight seated military presses and be able to do it at 10-12 rep range. Usually when I notice these kind of strength gains on my shoulders it never lasts very long and I have to really stick with it for a few weeks or I lose it pretty quickly. This time I felt like the strength was coming on quickly and lasted most of the time I was using this product. Each week on shoulders I felt like I was doing a little more weight than I did the week before. Just earlier this week I was doing my seated shoulder dumbbells presses and the weight I was doing was rather heavy and was able to do it without to much trouble and was able to do it with good form. Also I noticed a lot more strength in my legs because the weight I was doing on leg press was a lot more that I normally do could do at 15 reps. Overall I just felt so much better on all my lifts and way stronger. I felt like I wanted on some day to just keep going and going because of how good I felt.

Side Effects:
There were two things I did notice. The first one being The DMAA crash. I noticed a lot of time shortly after I would get home from working out I would be sitting at my computer and all of a sudden it would hit me and I would be out. I would say it was probably more than just the DMAA that caused this. I would say that being up so early in the morning for work and then working all day and then working out after that played a big part in my crashing. Also I did notice and have heard of this happening from the DMAA is stim dick. I seemed to notice that a bit after my workouts which I did not like.

Overall:
This was a product I was really impressed with. When I first checked into this I was not to sure of it and sure glad I changed my mind on wanting to try this. If you want a solid well rounded pre-workout that will really help you in all areas I would highly recommend giving this a try. I would say that this would be a good product for most any kind of lifter out there. With the great strength, endurance, focus, and pumps this gave me I would for sure use this product again. The only little issue I have is the price right now only because it is not widely available else where just yet. I know once more places start carrying this the price will drop some be better priced. Again I want to give a big shot out to Savage Supplements for letting me have the chance to try this and for making such a great and effective product.
  • Orange Mango: 8/10

January 30, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Tunnel Vision Focus
  • Great Energy
  • Great Value
  • More Flavors Would Be Nice
Savage Supplements Siren promises to deliver strength, endurance, focus, energy and massive pump. I think it nailed all of these categories, all behind a transparent, well dosed profile.

Profile: (9/10)

This is just a great profile on paper. The highlights include 4g of L-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1, 3g Beta-Alanine, 1g Agmatine, 300mg caffeine and, of course, 75mg of the infamous DMAA. Add these to the other ingredients included for focus and pump and you have an incredible profile. I was very excited to try this based on this alone and knew there was virtually no way this would disappoint.

Taste/Mixing: (6/10)

The flavor was Blackberry Lemonade and I wasn't a big fan. It had that distinctive chemical taste that a lot of these pre-workouts have and I didn't get much lemonade as I did sour raspberry water. Regardless, I've had much worse than this and I didn't particularly mind drinking this. Absolutely no issues with mixing as this mixed perfectly.

Effectiveness: (8.8/10)

A knockout, plain and simple. Better than almost any other I've tried in terms of pump, energy and focus. Anyone who has read any of my prior reviews knows that I'm a huge fan of agmatine, so the 1g dose combined with the Citrulline and Betaine was a stellar combo and had me pumped to the extreme on some days, both in the primary and secondary muscles depending on what I was working on.

The energy was next level, which is no surprise when you combine an ingredient as potent as DMAA with 300mg of caffeine. I frequently work 13 hour shifts, and this would be exactly what I needed to give me that kick to get in the gym after a very long day at work. In this case, the much maligned "DMAA crash" ended up working in my favor as I'd be ready to go to bed as soon as I got home. Go figure.

The focus was the best part of this. I often take my pre-workouts as I drive to the gym, and I would find myself fixated on literally nothing but the road. Once I got into the gym, it was all systems go and nothing would break my focus. I struggle to remember a pre-workout that provided a true "tunnel-vision" focus like Siren did.

Value: (8.5/10)

Looks like a site called Cobra Supplements has this available for $40. I don't know how reputable they are, but that would be $40 for 30 true one scoop servings, representing great value in my book at $1.33 per serving. I don't mind paying a higher price per scoop when they are truly one scoop pre-workouts. If this were to ever dip closer to $1 per serving, it would probably be the best deal on the market in my opinion.

Overall: (8.7/10)

What more can I say? A truly top-tier option in the world of pre-workouts that I suggest you try for yourself in order to fully appreciate.
  • Blackberry Lemonade : 6/10

January 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • PUMP
  • Energy
  • Focus
  • DMAA Crash
Anyone who's taken supplements, especially pre-workouts over the past 10 years know all about DMAA. From being a go to stimulant to being dropped by every company it's been at the center of a bit of controversy. Needless to say it's making a come back in a big way and personally I couldn't be happier to have it back. Savage Supplements has it included in it's pre-workout Siren but that's not all it's bringing to the table. Thank you to Savage Supplements and SR for making this TROOP review possible.

This profile is awesome for many reasons starting off with an open label and clinical doses.

Some key highlights

-L-Citrulline DL Malate 4g

-DMAA 75mg

-Beta Alanine 3g

-Betaine 1.5g

-Agmatine 1g

Now there's many other key points to this label as caffeine, tyrosine and theanine but this is what jumped out to me. As i've pointed out before in reviews I enjoy the combination of multiple pump products such as agmatine and citrulline as I've gotten great results from it. DMAA speaks for it self as a top shelf stimulant that truly is unique. Beta Alanine and Betaine should be staples in any supplemental needs so i love when I can have it in a pre-workout.

Oh and the best part, this tub is a true 30 servings!!!

I had blackberry lemonade which is their only option at this time i believe. I enjoy a break from the traditntal blue raspberry and fruit punch so I found it refreshing. A bit tart and I needed more water for my personal preference at 160z of water. 20 minutes pre-workout is all you need to feel the effects kick in.

PUMP PUMP PUMP! I wasn't all that surprised that this was my biggest admiration of Siren after seeing the label but the pump truly outshines what you get from the DMAA. After a couple pre exhaust sets and your muscles are filled and ready for optimal loading when you hit those working sets. The pump wasn't long lasting after the workout as i've had in past experiences but it gets the job done.

The energy and focus shines so much more then you'll expect with the DMAA. It's been since the og Jack3d days that i've taken it and woah did i miss it. You do build a tolerance and there is a crash but I'll discuss that more in next side effect section. It's an instant rush for about 2 hours like nothing else you'll experience. I train first thing in the morning at 5am and not once did I feel myself lagging during a workout. Another positive is since I added in 20-30 minutes of cardio during this cut it seemed so much easier when taking Siren.

The cheapest I found Siren was at Cobra Supplements for $40.00 which comes in at $1.33 per serving. I find no issue in this pricing at all with you getting a very well rounded pre-workout.

Side Effects

The DMAA crash is very real and well known. It's to be expected from something that works so well at energy and focus. Monday-Friday I was okay because I was connately moving and didn't have a chance to sit down. On the weekend though I was basically useless once the DMAA wore off. The best way I dealt with this was simply cycling my use to just during the weekdays which also helped me not run into a tolerance build up like I had in the past.

Conclusion

Savage Supplements has a winner with Siren and I'm sure they know it. As a new company to me I look forward to future products from them and trying them out for myself.
  • Blackberry Lemonade : 8/10

December 27, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance
  • Good Focus
  • More Flavors Would Be Nice

Before I start I want to thank Savage Supplements for giving me the opportunity to review Siren. I have a pretty high stim tolerance when it comes to using pre-workout supplements. When I saw the ingredient profile for Siren I knew I had to give it a shot. This is the first Savage Supplements product I've used so here goes the review....

Highlights:
- Strength
- Focus
- Endurance
- Massive Pumps

The ingredient profile features 12 main ingredients that are fully transparent (meaning no prop blends). Overall the dosing of each ingredient is solid while they are all research backed. This is packed with Stims including: 300 mg caffeine, 75 mg 1,3 DMAA, and 75 mg Eria Jarensis Extract. For those who thought 1,3 DMAA is banned... technically it isn't. Besides for all that legal stuff this is a pretty high dose for DMAA in which you can really feel.

Some other ingredient/dosage highlights include: 4 G L-Citrulline Malate, 3 G Beta-Alanine, 1.5 G Betaine Anhydrous, 1 G Agmatine Sulfate. One ingredient some may not know of is Noopept (N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine), which is a Nootropic similar to Piracetam. https://blog.priceplow.com/nootropics/noopept

Taste - For this review I received the Blackberry Lemonade flavor which is the only one available right now. Although this isn't bad tasting there is a chemical taste as WarMachine noted in his review. The taste is a tweener between not being the worst but not being the best a 5/10.

Mixability - I had no issues regarding mixability - NO clumping or settlement at any time.

Dosing - For those who don't have a high stim tolerance I'd advise you to start with 1/2 a scoop to start. During this review I mixed 1 scoop in 8-10 oz of water 20 minutes before training sessions. This is a one scoop pre-workout... if you take more you may become a zombie.

To judge the effectiveness of Siren I will use the bottle highlights as noted in the introduction:

Focus/Energy 8/10 - The energy I got was pretty insane, must've been the 75 mg 1,3 DMAA dose? 300 mg caffeine? 75 mg Eria Jarensis? All of that combined made me feel like the energizer bunny during workouts. I had that tunnel vision of crushing weights without any distractions.

Endurance 8/10 - With the added energy comes endurance.... I didn't become someone who likes to do cardio but I was able to get through 10-15 rep schemes much easier. Rest between sets was cut much faster allowing my training to become more optimal.

Strength 8/10 - I do feel my strength was improved through the added endurance, energy and focus allowing myself to push out more reps during sets. This did help more on higher rep sets than it did in 1-3 rep schemes.

The biggest thing bringing down Savage Supplements Siren is the value. I could only find one value on the Savage Supplements website for $49.99 thats $1.67 per serving. Now I don't have an issue paying up for effective products but this is still a bit to high for me. I understand this is not widely available and that could be affecting the price point a bit. Hopefully when this does become more widely available the price point goes down and more flavors become available.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Savage Supplements Siren is a solid pre-workout that helps you achieve the GAINZ... There isn't much negative with this product besides for the price-point and flavor. This has the potential to be a game changer once this becomes more readily available with a cheaper price.
  • Blackberry Lemonade : 5/10

November 28, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance
  • Good Focus
  • Makes Me Sleepy Sleepy

I picked this up after noticing the inclusion of DMAA in the ingredients and wanted to see how it compared to the other DMAA PWO I have on hand and have been using over the past couple of years. The other pluses I noted about this were the fully disclosed label for a company I had never heard of or seen before and the fact that it has pretty much everything you want in it for a PWO, well at least for me anyway.
I want to thank Savage Supplements for their patience with me on this. I have only been pushing weights 3 days a week sometimes 4 and I also work a 9/80 schedule so I have forgotten to bring this home on some of my Fridays off. This resulted in a longer period of use and a longer wait time than most for a review.

Solid profile that hits on all fronts and includes DMAA. All the usual suspects (Beta Alanine, Agmatine Sulfate, Caffeine, Betaine, plus others) you would want for a product claiming "STRENGTH, ENDURANCE, FOCUS AND MASSIVE PUMP!" All seem to be dosed within recommended ranges and come together to produce a product that is consistent and effective. The caffeine is dosed higher, 300mg, for us stim junkies and works well in combo with the DMAA.

I was unaware what flavor I would receive when I grabbed this on the TROOP dashboard. I opened the box and saw the flavor was Blackberry Lemonade. My initial thought was that it was going to be awful because I did not see these two going together but was I wrong. First taste to last taste I enjoyed this every time. I did not feel it was overly sweet or tart. You definitely get more of the blackberry flavoring with the subtleness of the lemonade in the background.

No issues with mixability. Give it a good 10 second shake in your bottle and it dissolves pretty well. I don't slam most of these down so when I do take another sip I usually swirl my bottle to get any settlement. By the time I drank the serving nothing was sitting at the bottom of the shaker cup.
True one scooper. Never did less, never felt like I needed more.

This is truly where the product shined for me in regards to what I use a PWO for which is usually energy and focus. It never seemed to fail and the effectiveness did not decrease as I neared the end of the tub. There were days when I was a little lethargic and was not mentally into working out. I would take this and still feel that way 30 minutes or so later. I would just not be mentally in it. But then I noticed as I started to work out, my drive and focus came to and I usually had a really good workout for not wanting to workout at all. The days I was already feeling good and had a desire to get in the gym Siren just amped me up all the more. Concentration and energy to fuel me through my workout and crush some weights.
Pump was decent but nothing overwhelming. I noticed when I added another .5-1 gram of Agmatine that the pump was more noticeable. I did notice my veins trying to pop out with or without the Agmatime but they were definitely more noticeable with it.

Looks like the only place you can currently pick this up is through the Savage Supplements website and it goes for $49.99. Once this gets more widely available, I would expect the price to come down. I could see it being priced around $34.99 which I believe is what APS Mesomorph is priced at although you only get 25 servings of that and Siren is a 30 serving PWO. Also, if you watch the deals section, I have noticed Savage offering 10%-20% off codes to bring the price down on this. I have no problem paying in the $30 - $40 range for a quality product such as this. I will be using this again once my PWO stash runs out.

Side Effects

As McGilla mentioned, with DMAA can come DMAA crash. Now this did not hit me every time (maybe about 20-25% of the time) but when it did it was awful. I would sit at my desk doing the head bob in the afternoon. Not even coffee could help me when it hit that hard.

Conclusion

Solid PWO that delivered consistent results every workout. Definitely one I will be picking up again!

Overall
Overall
6.2
  October 17, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pumps
  • Tastes Good
  • Makes Me Sleepy Sleepy

Like DMAA, Gilla is BACK with another review on the SR.com

There's a lot to love about this label. For one, there are no hidden prop blends. I know the industry is shifting in that direction, but props to Savage, who is currently a smaller player in the game for disclosing the ingredients. Next, it hits the spots us meatheads are looking for in a PWO, pumps and energy. Agmatine, Citrulline (4g), Betaine(1g) for that pump game, with the caffeine and tyrosine combo and the return of the legend...DMAA. Extra goodies like Taurine and a solid dose of Beta Alanine are also present. It's also creatine free and free of other filler crap. A bump of Agamatine could have been nice, as 1g seems to be standard nowadays with the envelope being pushed.

Siren appears to come in Blackberry Lemonade only. I do like a good unique flavor choice that isn't just "throw random fruit together" like the "peach mango cherry"s and "banana green tea mint". Blackberry Lemonade is a solid offering. It's a very mild flavor, with just enough of a kick. No chemical flavoring and it's quite smooth. The product mixed well and for the anti-dye homies around here, I don't think there are dyes. Your internal organs, that you will never see, will remain the colors you will never see.

1 scoop, son!

DMAA is back! The king returns to his thrown after being exiled from the kingdom! But...is he welcomed back?

In terms of energy, I did get a bit of a kick at the start of my workout. I didn't really feel any of a razor like focus and I didn't feel "cracked out" like the OG Jack3d, but it did give me enough of a pick me up for those early morning sessions. The energy was sustained enough throughout the course of the workout. The Beta Alanine and accompanying tingles also helped with the muscular endurance. Again, there was no insane buzz that the more recent offerings on the market have made available...is DMAA the old man who has lost a step in his game? It seems so.

As for the big downside on the energy element..I felt completely zapped about 4-5 hours after a workout. I mean like, yawning and struggling and dragging ass HARD. I don't remember the old DMAA supplements causing this sort of thing. I figured maybe it was the first couple times, being a fluke, but nope, each and every serving hit me hard. DMAA apparently didn't give me the high and brought me to a lower low than I seem to recall in previous products.

On to where the product delivers best, pump. I did feel a solid amount of pump with this product. I ran it alone for a number of workouts and I got a bit of juiciness going on as a standalone PWO. I stacked with another product, MuscleForce's Obedient and the pumps were rather intergalactic. There was a solid swell at the start through the middle of my workout that I did enjoy.

Siren apparently seems to be direct to consumer only. The lack of distribution means higher prices. In being a smaller company, they aren't charging absolutely insane prices, which is common place. At $50 for 30 servings, it's not horrible given the size of the scoop and ingredients involved. It's a bit pricey for me though.

Side Effects

CRASH. HARD.

Conclusion

DMAA makes its return and it's lost a bit of it's luster. In terms of being a PWO, this product didn't work for me as anticipated. It did however appear to work for another reviewer, so as with most in this industry, it's something that may or may not work for you. It appears like DMAA has been replaced by Teacrine as the go-to-caffeine-on-crack energy supplement in the game with most companies. If DMAA works for you, this product is it, with the 75 mg per scoop, but for me, it wasn't what I was looking for. The pumps are pretty decent though, so it's not something I can't recommend, but I can't attach the Gilla seal of approval either.
  • Blackberry Lemonade : 7/10

October 7, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pumps
  • Good Focus
  • Endurance
  • More Flavors Would Be Nice

A special thanks to Savage Supplements for their support of the ER/TROOPs program. Today, I discuss my experiences with their pre workout formulation Siren. I've used more pre workouts up to this date than one would imagine. Many have been great, some sup-par, others just total flat liners in terms of expected efficacy. While we all expect specific things from a pre workout, we could all agree that energy is definitely the main focus factor. Of course, we also like to see other things like pump and focus depending on the ingredients.

So how does Siren stack up to the competition?

No prop blends.....Ding, Ding, Ding!!!

Every ingredient is fully disclosed and dosage specified. The ingredients include L-citrulline DL Malate at 4g, beta alanine at 3g, betaine at 1.5g, agmatine sulfate at 1g, taurine at 500mg, l-theanine at 350mg, caffeine 300mg, N-acetyl L-tyrosine at 250mg, 1,3 DMAA 75mg, and beta vulgaris at 150mg.

As you can see, plenty of old time favorites including the return of DMAA to enhance energy, focus, and pump all comprise Siren's profile. They are all within preferred dosage range and I don't feel I need to go over any of these ingredients since they've all been around since we were old enough to know what the phrase "pre-workout" meant. lol

The only flavor available at this time is blackberry lemonade. I found it to be a little less than satisfying, meaning I didn't like it a whole lot in comparison to some other flavors of other pwos I've tried. It had a slight chemical aroma and the flavor was not very viable. Still, I wouldn't note it as the worst thing I've tasted as it is tolerable.

I had no problems with mixability.

I took this as I would any pwo; One serving (one scoop in this case) of Siren about 25 minutes before my workout on an empty stomach.

I'm gonna use the categorical method for this one.

Energy (9/10): Had some real strong, clean, consistent energy with Siren. It felt good to feel the old school DMAA rush that I once got from the original jack3d. One scoop and I was pounding away at those weights like Tom Brady is gonna do to the NFL upon his return LOL.

Pump (7/10): Not the strongest here, but thanks to the L-citrulline, taurine, and agmatine I had some good full pumps during my workouts usually during my heavy compound volume movements. I stated before in previous reviews that more often than not I notice pump effects primarily during high volume sets and occasionally some HIIT cardio bouts. Vascularity was also improved noticeably all around my physique.

Focus (7/10): I have to be a little conservative in this category because I was also using The Socialite by Noowave supplements, which is a nootropic product that was offered in the TROOPs program recently, for focus enhancement. Since I would take that in the morning though, it was easy enough to determine Siren's own focus enhancement properties since my workouts are generally in the later afternoon. Nonetheless, Siren gave me some solid focus during my workouts and I had that coveted "tunnel vision, razor's edge" focus feeling during a majority of my workouts.

Endurance (8/10): Surprisingly, I found myself with more stamina while on this which i don't see too often with pre workouts. The only time I can really assess endurance is during my cardio sessions or speed rep intervals with certain weight movements. I noticed I was less fatigued and more capable of pounding out more reps with less rest time and was able to go for longer intervals during HIT cardio sessions. I normally have no issues with stamina, but a boost is always welcomed.

Siren loses some points here primarily because it's availability is limited for the time being. The only place where the product can be purchased currently is at Savage Supplement's own website at a price of 49.99. For 30 servings per tub, that is about 1.70 per serving. Seems a bit pricey in comparison to other products that are usually 10-15 dollars cheaper. The product is effective, but I think I would prefer a lower price considering the competitor's price tags on today's market.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While I wouldn't be quick to call it my new favorite PWO, Siren is most definitely a pwo with the potential to be a viable new comer to the pwo market. It is well worth a try especially for those missing the 1,3 DMAA days. It provides everything an effective pre workout should including energy, focus, endurance, and pumps. It hits all the targeted marks accurately and I would recommend it to those looking to try something new and wanting to get a good stim kick with bonuses. Just be sure to try and catch it on sale when it hopefully becomes more widely available.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!