TUDCA has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Cycle Support

TUDCA Reviews

By: SAR - Step Above the Rest

Growth Enhancers > Cycle Support
TUDCA is a Cycle Support Product manufactured by SAR - Step Above the Rest. It is meant to be taken when using synthetic hormone products to help protect the body's internal organs, decrease blood pressure and prevent excess water retention along side helping with overall health.

TUDCA has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Cycle Support

Overall
Overall
6.7
5.5
  October 21, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Scientifically Validated
  • Protects Liver
  • Not A Complete Support
So this would be one of the support supplements I used while taking the SAR lgd 4033. http://supplementreviews.com/sar-step-above-the-rest/lgd-4033-2/review/needed-step-gains-got-step-rest-50102#top

I enjoyed both of these and TUDCA is one of the well known support aids for lots of cycles.

Profile
Straight to the point, Tudca 250 mg. Our very own Texasmade went in to good detail as to what this is. But I will post a touch of what it is also.
Tauroursodeoxycholic acid, more commonly referred to as TUDCA, is a bile salt that is found natrually occurring in the body. When regular bile salts reach the intestines, they can be metabolized by bacteria into UDCA and then later bound to a Taurine molecule to become TUDCA.

TUDCA is a water-soluble bile salt, which is in contrast to regular bile salts possessing both water soluble and fat soluble ends and conferring a detergent effect. This is good for the bile salt's biological purpose (emulsifying fats in the intestines to help with absorption) but when bile acids back up in the liver, a clinical state called cholestasis which occurs when the liver is unhealthy, these bile salts can be damaging to cells by destroying the membranes and signalling for cell death. TUDCA and other water soluble bile salts like UDCA compete with this toxicity and thus indirectly protect cells from death.

Additionally, it seems that TUDCA is able to reduce stress to any cell's Endoplasmic Reticulum; an organelle in cells that serves as a highway from the nucleus out into the cytoplasm, and aids in folding proteins. Through reducing ER stress, TUDCA has been implicated in a wide range of beneficial metabolic effects such as reducing insulin resistance and diabetes, and being a neurological protection agent. However, usages of TUDCA beyond the liver are preliminary whereas usage of TUDCA for helping an already harmed liver is quite reliable as TUDCA is used in clinical settings (hospitals) for treating cholestasis.

As you can see it is something that is proven to work and work well.

Well this is something that you are not going to know it is working for the most part. Taking a SARM at the time of using this I felt pretty safe . I also had access to a Doctor if things got weird but I never had that. I feel that with a SARM this was all I needed at the time, but I think on some harsher PH cycles you would certainly want to take some extra steps. Now as far as how well it worked, well I never had any issue with liver pains, or just overall sick feelings that some cycles are known to do. I also never got a cold this whole run , and I feel that this did help with that.

Side effects
ZERO. I had zero side effects from this.

Dosing.
I took two pills a day the entire run. No bad taste, no burbs or issues at all.

Well this is going to run around...... well I have no idea right now I have spent 40 mins trying to find somewhere that sells it and I came up with a facebook and and website, but no way of buying it. But going off the other reviews it looks like at one time it was around 30 bucks . But like the other two reviews state, Why spend that when you can buy another quality support supplement for a few bucks more and also get 7-10 full support ingredients.

Overall
Overall it worked well but I have two gripes with this. First is that this is just ONE ingredient and there are more complete support supplements out there for a few bucks more. Next is come on guys get a website up and WORKING. I found the site but EVERY link I clinked to buy or shop on it would kick me off the site. I tried this on two different computers. I just think feel that this looks shady or something. Not saying it is but If I owned a company and someone was taking my products and they liked it, I would hope I would have a site and place for them to come back to and buy more.
Now as far as how it worked for me. It did great for me. I enjoyed running this and the SARM from SAR. Huge thanks to them.

October 7, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Scientifically Validated
  • Protects Liver

In a previous PH cycle I had some serious liver pains and issues, after starting TUDCA all of the issues disappeared. I have been going through some milder PHs and SARMs here lately so I decided to try out the SAR brand TUDCA product when it came up for review. I had never heard of this brand before so I decided to give them a shot.

Simple 1 ingredient, TUDCA at 250mg per capsule 60 capsules, Texasmade went into a deep detailed description of this and what it does as well as cited sources. I don't think I can do a better job than him, but basically when it comes to Liver protection TUDCA is always towards the top of everyones list of preferred ingredients.

No taste, no mixing, no acid reflux, nasty burps or any other issues after swallowing. Dosing is 1 capsule twice daily with food.

This is a product that you wont really notice it working unless you have had issues in the past. The last time I took an oral hormonal product I had some almost unbearable liver pains until I started a product that had TUDCA included in it, after just a few days the pains cleared up and bloodwork showed that things were back to normal. Like the reviewer before me mentioned this is a product that you really need bloodwork to verify that it was effective, due to some problems with insurance I cant afford to go have bloodwork done at the moment. What I can say is being on a some mild PHs and SARMs I didn't have any pains or other issues. I would like to see a few other ingredients thrown in here and maybe make it an all in one cycle support , but it seemed to perform well for what I wanted it for.

Clicking on the buy on amazon product now bring up no results, after googling the product I am also having trouble finding a place to purchase this or any other SAR products. Going to their home page also seemed to be under construction with no prices. After a little looking I see they do have a facebook page with the price of 28.99 a bottle but nowhere with a link to actually buy it that I have found yet... At 28.99 it is pretty fairly priced for TUDCA alone Olympus labs standalone TUDCA product has double the capsules at around $55 so its right on par with others.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Would I buy this? If I needed just TUDCA yes, but if I was looking for overall cycle support there are a few other solid options out there that have 8-10 other proven ingredients to help with a cycle. Damage Control from LGI is one I have used in the past and even though the amount of TUDCA may be lower than what is in this the rest of the profile makes up for it.

October 6, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Scientifically Validated
    • Protects Liver
    • A Bit Too Expensive
    I had sort of a tough time writing this review, as the results can only be verified through blood tests which I won't be getting for another month or so. I may go off on various tangents, just stay with me, my experience and thoughts should all come full circle in the end. TUDCA is not a supplement you feel working either; but rest assured that it does fulfill its duties in protecting your liver. I have used TUDCA (Tauroursdeoxycholic Acid) many times while cycling hormones that are harsh on the liver. At the end of these cycles, all my liver values are always in range. TUDCA is known as an ambiphillic bile acid and is considered to provide intense liver protection. Humans naturally produce small amounts of TUDCA, although the most is produced by the American black/Asiatic bears. This chemical has studies backing its efficacy and is currently working through the FDA approval process. The primary condition it's used to treat is known as chloestasis or the inhibition of bile leaving the liver (this is most common in steroid users). In addition to helping the liver, TUDCA can also eliminate metabolites from the liver, maintain healthy cholesterol levels, and reverse the negative effects of metabolites in the liver caused by anabolic steroids or prohormones (prohormonereviews.org/TUDCA). It is also approved for treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC), an autoimmune disease of the liver (which causes chloestasis). Ongoing research shows it could be beneficial for many conditions such as Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, strokes, and aid in cardiac function. In addition to the liver, this chemical also has protective effects in the eye, helping the body fight against retinal degenerative disorders (Bile Acids in Treatment of Ocular Disease).

Effectiveness-The only way to tell if this is working would be getting a CBC on your liver values. As mentioned earlier I have done this in the past and they have always been healthy. I did feel healthier quicker after my last cycle; I also had been using TUDCA for twice as long as I usually do. I do sometimes get liver pains on cycle but TUDCA seemed to significantly reduce their frequency and severity. It also gave me peace of mind that on some level I was helping my body fight some of the semi-hazardous material it was taking in. Animal bile has been used in Chinese Medicine for hundreds of years to treat illnesses. This also gave me solace knowing oriental citizens have the longest life expectancy so they must know something about liver health.

Dosing/Side Effects-The bottle has a nice, sleek look to it. The company producing it is known as SAR or Step Above The Rest. This product comes with 60 capsules, dosed at 250mg each (30 day supply). The dosing was very simple and easy to handle as it only called for 2 pills a day. The pills were easy to get down and never caused any of that reflux feeling. The amount of TUDCA in this product is standard for the industry. I was very happy to see the only additional ingredients were rice flour and gelatin. I feel way more comfortable buying a product that uses fewer ingredients, and it would naturally be easier on the body as it would not have to break as many things down.

Side Effects-There was absolutely no side effects while taking this; I could not find any information about side effects on the net.

Price-SAR sells TUDCA for $28.99. As many nutritionists and physicians say, 'You can't put a price a good health. With this in mind, the cost doesn't seem as large considering your protecting the liver you will be using for the rest of your life. Prohormone and designer steroids cycles have to be taken 110% seriously, verifying each component of your cycle and doing research to ensure that your body will remain stable throughout the dynamic cycle. Premium Powders sells the exact same product for $35.99, a 7$ increase. Olympus labs has 120 capsules, same dosage for $54.99 which equates to a slightly less expensive amount than SAR would cost for two bottles (SAR 28.99 x 2 = 57.98 vs. Olympus $54.99). Brawn TUDCA raw powder retails at $58.99; a price that is considerably higher than what you get from a capped pill when you analyze the numbers. The total amount of TUDCA (will abbreviate to T ocassionaly) in SAR's product is 15 grams ($29) compared to 25 grams for $59); buying two of SAR's T, equaling 30 grams would cost $58. One can clearly see that SAR is the winner, providing 5 more grams of T for a dollar less than it's bulk competitor. Other competitors do put titanium dioxide and magnesium state in their TUDCA, making it worth it to pay the extra couple bucks for SAR's basic additives/filler profile. I would not buy this though as you have other products with a full profile designed (at clinical doses) to support organ health; as opposed to a purchasing a single chemical (TUDCA) at nearly the same price ($1 difference). I'm not exactly sure why they would market it this high, I suppose they are following the industry standard. Here's a tip SAR, you have many products consumers want are willing to pay for quality, why not try and shake up the industry by creating slightly more reasonable prices. Also, you (SAR) could sell the product as pure powder which few companies do; relinquishing the hassle of buying/labeling bottles, printing information on supplement and you would be saving on overhead cost (something you could pass back to the consumer). After this last run, and after reviewing liver panels from a few cycles back I knew it would be a staple; I believe the liver should still remain supported by supplementation through PCT and then LIV-52 year round if you're planning to continue cycling.

Overall-As I stated in the first couple paragraphs, when I use TUDCA while on cycles (even with harsher compounds), my liver values are where they should be every single time. I would not attribute all of that solely to the TUDCA, as I was consuming gallons of water, and eating lots of fruits/vegetables to help detoxify my system. I like the company having very few additives and fillers in their product, this is a huge plus for me and demonstrates respect for the consumers well being. If anything this product provided me with peace of minds that you could attach no monetary value too. In the final equation, I would buy this if it was the only available TUDCA supplement or if I used a lot of gear. When you have companies making products that contain everything, and are priced reasonably it's hard to beat that; that being the main contributing factor as to why I would not use SAR TUDCA again. The benefits are amazing, and it's a very interesting compound but why pay $28 for something with 1 ingredient when you can pay $30 for 10 fully dosed ingredients. (most all are scientifically validated). I would recommend to SAR to throw in some CoQ10 or Ubiquinol (bio-active CoQ10) as this would allow them to feel healthier, have more energy, bring antioxidant properties, and be able to think clearly even under stress. Getting some SAM-E on board would be excellent also, as it battles depression (helping with mood swings on cycle) and it also protects the liver well. I do like companies that come out with simple products with no prop blends, fillers, and they don't label their product with outrageous claims. SAR seems to be going in the right direction; TUDCA has worked for me many times in the past so I have no reason to believe it did not help my liver recover this time. I will include additional studies in the comments as this is difficult type of supplement to tell you about perceived benefits. Thank you SAR for giving me the chance to try and review this.