NA-R-ALA Reviews

By: SAN Nutrition

Growth Enhancers > Nutrient Repartitioners
NA-R-ALA is a Nutrient Repartitioner manufactured by SAN Nutrition. It is meant to help the body use the macronutrients of protein, carbohydrates and fats more efficiently.

Overall
Overall
  November 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective GDA
  • Dose Should Be Larger

I'm a competing powerlifter getting ready for a meet next weekend. I've been trying to hold my weight steady since I comfortably fit in my weight class. My weight has trended up a bit, but weigh ins should not be a problem.

This is a single ingredient product from San Nutrition. It's NA-R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, which means that it's R. Alpha Lipoic Acid that has been bonded to sodium for enhanced bioavailability. Each capsule contains 125mg of NA-R-ALA, which yields 100mg of R. ALA.

R. ALA is a common glucose disposal agent. It also has a number of other benefits; it can help increase blood flow, reduce diabetic-related nerve pain, and reduce HbA1c (which means that it can help reduce the risk of developing diabetes-related complications).

The product is advertised as having one pill per serving, but from what I've read, you want three pills for the nutrient partitioning benefits (or 300mg R. ALA).

There are no taste of mixability concerns here. This product is a pill product.

The pills are small, so they're easy to swallow.

I took three pills at a time, as I was interested in the gda benefits.

I used this product every day until I was out, so for 20 straight days. I always took it with my highest carb meal of the day, which is usually dinner, but sometimes it's lunch.

I do think this product was effective for me. My scale weight went up 4lbs in the past three weeks, but I've gotten a touch leaner (mostly my arms and my legs, stomach has been the same). I haven't had any issues with bloating.

This product is not too pricey. I got 2 bottles for $24, which comes out to $0.60/serving if you dose it properly. This is in line with other R. ALA products I found online.

There are cheaper GDA products out there, but many of them are under dosed. The products with a stronger profile can cost around $1/serving. I think this is a nice middle of the road option for people who want to try a GDA, but don't want to spend $30-$60 on a top tier product.

It's also nice for those who want to customize their GDAs.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I liked my run with this product. In general, I've had good experiences with SAN, and I recommend their products. It would be interesting to see how this product works for people who use R. ALA for other purposes.

• Wis3guy
    November 3, 2017

Interesting, maybe I need this for when I go off the bandwagon and eat pizza?