PRICES (5)

Muscle and Strength

(30 sv) - [$1.21/sv]

Amazon

Overall
Overall
4.7
4.5
  June 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Under-dosed Serving Size

An under-dosed greens formula with a lot of ingredients. The price is right, but with no effectiveness there is not much point to this. The taste is bad, your better off looking elsewhere.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I like to keep a greens supplement in my stack from time to time. I have been more cognizant of my overall health lately, and now see the importance of not just your daily fruits and veggies but also having pre and probiotics. After a quick search, I found Green Supreme Fusion from SAN, which contained pre/probiotics and greens. I pulled the trigger and decided to give it a whirl.

So there are quite a bit of ingredients here, I have included pictures. One serving size is 2 scoops which is 10.55g which is a little below average than other greens supplements I have taken. Typically a dose ranges from 11.25-12g, so we already know we are getting less out of this serving than other products. Lets break down the prop blends, which are fine and extremely normal in a greens formula.

Free Radical Cell Scavenging Complex: This blend is fully disclosed. I will not list out all the ingredients but the point of this blend is for overall wellness. Of note, this contains 100% defatted chia seed bran which contains 4% Omega-3 and 1% Omega-6. Of course you are not going to replace your fish oil with this, but small added fish oil never hurts. Just found this unique in a greens formula.

The other blends you have are 1.2g Phytonutrient & Sea Algae Blend, 850mg Vital Greens & Harmonizing Mushroom Blend, 700mg Organic & Pesticide-Free Veggie Power Blend, 250mg Comprehensive Plant Enzyme & Digestion Matrix, and 100mg Pre-FOS & ProBiotic Blend (2 Billion CFU/100mg). So some fancy names for greens, enzymes and your pre and probiotics.

This product reminds me of Green Vibrance (Vibrant Health), but in direct comparison contains lower doses of everything. For example this has 2 Billion CFU of probiotics while Green Vibrance has 25 Billion CFU, and Green Vibrance gets you 11.92g per serving overall and fully discloses all ingredients. Overall, not a bad profile here, but it boils down to your needs.

Taste: There was no flavor, its all natural. It was not great to say the least, and it was back to the hard to drink greens formula days. It was easy enough to drink, but I never once enjoyed it and typically just had to muscle it down to get through it. Your typical overwhelming combination of greens taste would be the best way to describe it.

Mixability: Mixed poorly in my shaker cup. It was very gritty and after shaking it for 30 seconds I would still see floaties on the top. If I let my shaker sit a few minutes in between sips (which I usually did due to the taste) then I would have to re-shake it to mix it up. Always left a lot of residue on the bottom of my shaker and took a little effort to wash out each time.

Dosing: I took 2 scoops (1 dose) mid afternoon. Take this as needed its simply a supplement to your daily fruit and veggie requirements. Think of this as the protein of the veggie world.

Most green supplements usually make me feel a little better and give me that overall healthy feeling. I never felt that once here. I am not sure why, maybe the taste simply ruined the experience for me, but every day this took effort to take, drink, and then have to wash out my shaker cup. Since taking GI Juice (REDCON1) my standards for greens have been raised, this was disappointing. I did not feel any more "regular" on my bowel movements either, nor did I feel the food digesting enzymes really do anything. Basically, I felt nothing here.

The label claims to surpass 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day. Maybe this is true, I cant say one way or the other. It also claims a high omega-3 content, which is kind of nonsense if you ask me. The only omega-3s included are from chia seeds and its pretty low, at best your getting maybe 400mg Omega 3. (1g chia seeds * 4% omega 3 = 400mg). To me this product felt like it included a lot of the go to items such as pre and probiotics along with its greens and reds, and tossed in some omega-3 just to say its included to trick the consumer. End of the day, this requires 2 scoops and still is about 1g less of ingredients than the average greens formula out there. Sure its not much, but it does add up when you have a ton of ingredients included.

I picked this up from Fitness First USA for $24.95 for 30 servings. Doing a priceplow search the current best deal you can find this for is $22.45 and DPSnutrition. That comes out to 75 cents a serving which is just about the cheapest I have seen for a greens formula. However, the taste was horrid and I felt this product did nothing for me, so not much value in that.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This product did not do a lot for me that I was aware of. Appears to be an under-dosed greens formula that has too many extras. I was close to giving this a Meh rating, because maybe it will work for you if you eat enough greens and reds in your day, but does that not defeat the purpose of this supplement. This gets a DaSlaya non-recommend.