Protein Reviews

March 27, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Best Tasting Protein Ever
I know protein is one of those touchy subjects where every single gram of carb, protein, calorie ratio is scrutinized to the last drop. If you're one of those guys, then Ryno Power protein ain't for you.

Hands down, the best tasting protein I have ever had. It's relatively light, the chocolate flavor, taste well, exactly what you hope for a chocolate protein to taste like. It's not super clean that it taste almost fake (like the ISO Pures). Of course for something to taste this good, there has to be added carbs, which Ryno does have, 12 grams. On to the nitty gritty:

Effectiveness: 9
A good protein blend should have both fast and slow absorbing proteins and Ryno hits the spot. Makes my life easier not having to mix up my whey/casien individually.

Ingredients: 9

Ryno Power protein has a blend of fast absorbing hydrolized whey and slower absorbing egg white and casien protein. The exact composition: whey protein isolate and concentrate, Whey Peptides, Milk Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, Calcium Caseinate, egg white protein isolate

It also packs 34 grams of protein per individual serving, compared to the 22 to 29 gram found in most other proteins. It would have received a 10 if not for the added 12 grams of carbs

Value: Their protein is a little bit on the more expensive side, at $45 on bodybuilding.com. I got mine of course, at a show so I paid $30 cash which is still a pinch more than what I pay for other brands.

Taste: My goodness, try a scoop out yourself, even with plain old water. Best tasting protein powder, EVER. Now clocking at 194 calories, with 34 grams of protein, we know roughly 70 calories are "empty" so that must be where the amazing chocolaty flavor comes from. If you're not hardcore about your carbs, pull the trigger on this, makes drinking multiple shakes a breeze, especially if you don't have milk always present.