(Better than 71% in Other Amino Acids)

R1 Pre Amino is an Amino Acid Product manufactured by Rule 1 Proteins. It is an amino acid based product that doesn't fall directly into the other categories. The use can vary depending on the specific product.

Overall
Overall
(SR paid for product; Rule 1 Proteins did not participate)
  August 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Flavor Variety
  • Mixes Well
  • Slight Beta Alanine Tingles

Big thank you to Clipper83 for putting this awesome product in my hands!

I chose to review this product because I am always looking for an energy supplement that can act as a quick pick me up and keep me away from sugary energy drinks. This product in particular appealed to me because of the added amino acids and because I had already taken some interest in Rule 1.

Rule 1 Pre Amino contains a total of just over 6g of amino acids and 120mg of caffeine from green tea extract and Coffeeberry coffee fruit extract. This breaks down to

2.5g of BCAAs:

L-Glutamine - 500mg
L-Lysine - 500mg
L-Threonine - 150mg
L-Phenylalanine - 100mg

Taste - 8/10
I received the blue raspberry lemonade flavor. It was pretty much exactly what you would expect, a slightly tart lemonade flavor with a sweet blue raspberry finish. The taste was refreshing and there were no unpleasant or chemical aftertastes.

Mixability
Absolutely no issues. This product dissolved quickly and completely with a couple hard shakes in a water bottle. No foam, no floaters, no sinkers.

Recommended dose is one scoop in 6-8 ounces of water. Personally I found 10-12 ounces of water balanced the strong flavor a little better.

Allow me to reintroduce myself. Hi, I'm TKC and I'm a stim junkie. Preworkouts with less than 300mg of caffeine get double scooped, energy drinks are consumed for taste, and coffee is a waste of my time. I work twelve hour shifts, rotating day and night shifts every two weeks. I sleep an average of 4 or 5 hours a day, and my daily workout is usually about two hours long. With that being said, my job requires that I maintain the highest level of alertness and focus at all times. As you can guess, I require a steady flow of caffeine to my bloodstream. So how do I maintain when coffee and energy drinks are ineffective, but preworkout unleashes a side of me that my workplace, friends, and family would shun and cower from? Honestly, before Rule 1 Pre Amino came into my life, I'm not sure.

Fortunately, It no longer matters. Rule 1 has created the perfect energy supplement. A solid dose of caffeine to get me motivated, added amino acids for a boost in stamina, and a great taste all mixed in water to keep me hydrated. What more could I ask for? I typically took this product when waking up in the morning or evening for work. It delivered a nice clean energy boost that easily sustained me throughout my shifts. No more midday/night energy drinks. as a matter of fact, aside from my preworkout, I didn't feel the need for any other sources of caffeine at all.

It should be noted however that I used this product with the intentions of it being an energy supplement, with added amino acids. If you are intending to use this product as a pre, post, or intraworkout amino supplement, you may be disappointed. Pre Amino only contains 2.5g of BCAAs as opposed to the typical BCAA supplements 5g or more. While it also contains 3.5g of EAAs, I wouldn't expect any major increases in recovery or endurance, or any reduction in DOMS.

The best price I could find on this product was about $16 for 30 servings, breaking down to $0.53 per serving. That may seem high for an amino supplement only containing 2.5g of BCAAs. However if you consider it is one fifth the price of most energy drinks and way more effective, Pre Amino's value as an energy supplement is incredible.

Side Effects

Very slight tingle from the beta alanine if consumed quickly rather than sipped on. While the tingles don't bother me in the gym during my workout, they can be somewhat uncomfortable while doing anything else. The effect did not last more than a few minutes though.

Conclusion

It has been a long time since I have been this excited over a product. Rule 1 Pre Amino is the energy supplement I have been searching for, and I couldn't recommend it enough for anyone who spends three dollars a day or more on energy drinks. Highly effective, great tasting, and budget friendly. Pre Amino has made an incredible impression, and I can't wait to try other Rule 1 products.
  • Blue Raspberry Lemonade: 8/10

• dmf8625
    3 weeks ago

Not sure if that is how Rule 1 lists the ingredients but most of the items under the "3.65g of EAAs" are not EAAs. Looks like a marketing bandwagon trick to me.