Z-Elite Reviews

By: RSP Nutrition

Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas
Z-Elite is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by RSP Nutrition. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.

October 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Consistent
  • Cheap
  • Deep Sleep

Z-Elite by RSP is an effective sleep aid/hormone support product that can be found for around .30 cents or less per serving.

I ventured into trying this product because I had ran out of my previous ZMA and I liked the fact that this contains melatonin. I was not sure how I would react to melatonin but had a very present experience after my first bottle. I bought this product months ago for a great BOGO deal and it definitely provides a unique ZMA experience.

The ingredients of this product are the standard ZMA (zinc, magnesium, vitamin B6) with added melatonin and vitamin D.

Vitamin D3 (200 IU): Testosterone support

Vitamin B6 (12mg): Mood & energy

Magnesium (425mg): Metabolism & sleep support

Zinc (35mg): Testosterone support

Melatonin (3g): Hormone released by the body when exposed to darkness and helps to promote a deep REM sleep.

Taste and mixability are not an issue since these are capsules. 1 serving is 3 average size caps. The usual dosage for ZMA is around 30mg zinc, 450mg of magnesium, and 10-11 mg of B6. The dosing in this product is close to this, with zinc and B6 being a little higher and magnesium being just 25mg lower.

My first reaction to the effectiveness was that I didn't fall asleep any different than before but I did have a better quality sleep. It didn't "knock me out" like many other people feel with melatonin but once I was asleep I had a great night sleep and had very vivid dreams. These dreams were pleasant and I have actually grown a liking to them. I did wake up feeling much more refreshed than I did before starting this.

Z-Elite stated to take 3 capsules (for men, 2 for women) on an empty stomach around 30-60 minutes before bed. I did follow this regimen and noticed a better effect if staying off electronics after taking the product. This I believe is due to blue light inhibiting your pineal glands from secreting more natural melatonin.

The value is where Z-Elite shines bright. It retails on bodybuilding.com for $17.97 for 60 servings. This is a great price to begin with but if you wait they often run BOGO on this product which means 120 servings for under 20 dollars. This is an AMAZING deal!

Side Effects

No negative side effects. I did experience vivid dreams some nights but this was acualy pleasant to me.

Conclusion

Final thoughts on Z-Elite is that it is a solid product for a cheap price. I would have liked to see more D3 in here since they put it in to begin with but that is just a bonus so I can't complain. The melatonin was a great idea to add in here since ZMA is already a "sleep aid". I do wish it helped me to fall asleep more than it did but this may just be my personal reaction with melatonin since i have never taken it before this.
    *While this product does claim to support testosterone this is not a formulated test booster. Some people may notice a slight difference if they are vitamin D or zinc deficient.

March 19, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Cheap
    • Consistent
    • Poor Moods Following Morning

I've been going to the GYM 9+ years.. Over the 9+ Years I have made great gains. I bought this product more for a sleep aide product than for a ZMA recovery support / hormonal support product, and I will be rating this product on that aspect. I don't use this product on a daily basis, I use it on an as needed basis to help me get to sleep better when I have to be up for work. I've been using this product for almost a year now.

Vitamin D3 200 iu (as Cholecalciferol)
    Vitamin B6 12 mg (pyridoxine hydrochloride)
    Magnesium 425 mg (as magnesium aspirate)
    Zinc 35 mg (as zinc monomethionine and zinc aspirate)

Melatonin 3 mg

Vitamin D is a hormone that can help optimize testosterone in men. 200 iu is a really low dose, but not complaining here as I am already getting plenty of that else where. I'm treating this is just an extra in here.

Magnesium helps with relaxation, helps with insomnia and helps treat nervousness and also help relieve muscle aches and cramps. This supplement has a nice dose of it in here.

B6 - helps with brain function, I'm already getting plenty of b6 else where but this supplement contains a nice dose.

Zinc - helps with immune system health, is also key in optimizing testosterone in men and 35 mg is a great dosage of it here.

Melatonin 3mg - melatonin is a hormone that is naturally produced by the body to help regulate the body's sleep. Melatonin is produced more by the body in the early evening hours, and is produced more when there is less light, which means it may be produced in higher amounts and at earlier times during the winter months. Melatonin supplementation is also said to help naturally increase hgh levels in the body.

This is pill form so taste and mixing is N/A here. The dose is for men to take 3 pills, on an empty stomach 30-60 min before bed, and for women to take 2 pills in the same manner.

I have to say this is pretty effective for me in helping me not only fall asleep, but have a better quality of sleep. I tend to have more dreams that I can remember when using this product, which is an indicator of a good REM sleep. I also like how this product is dosed at 3 MG, as in the past I have had side effects with 5mg and 10 mg. When using 5 MG in the past (pure melatonin from pharmacy) a handful of times I had sleep paralysis which was pretty freaky. I would wake up in the middle of a dream, but not be able to move at all for a few seconds, I would know I'm awake and try to move but I'd be completely paralyzed. When taking 10 mg last yr (that I bought just melatonin at pharmacy) I would have bad headaches and at times have bad mood issues the next day too, so 10 mg was too much for me. 3mg is the sweet spot for me, and sometimes I'll take just 2 pills to have 2 mg if I feel I don't need the melatonin that much.

In terms of recovery I didn't really notice this product making a significant difference there, and I have tested on the low end for testosterone a few times in the last 1-2 years, but I don't take this product daily or for those reasons so I'm not going to base my rating on that. I purely use this product as a sleep aide. However, I don't believe that if I was using this product for better testosterone levels, that it would help. In terms of recovery, you need good sleep to recover, and this product does promote better sleep for me.

This bottle contains 60 servings as there's 180 pills, (90 servings for women) and I bought 2 bottles on bodybuilding.com for a total of $18, so great value!

Side Effects

When taking the full dose of this, which gives me 3 mg melatonin, the only side effects I can really notice which does happen sometimes is the next day sometimes my moods are a bit low. However I deal with mild depression on and off, and sometimes when using this product it triggers my depression the next day. Not to severe levels, but sometimes I'm just a bit depressed and it takes the whole morning for my mood to kind of get up. Not sure if this is something that will occur with anyone, or if it's just affecting me because I already deal with depression and this product I guess triggers it.

As I stated earlier in my review, I did have some worse side effects when I used 5 and 10 mg of melatonin in the past, that I didn't experience on this supplement.

Conclusion

Solid product. For me 3 mg of melatonin is the ideal dose, so that's right where I want to be when taking that. Zinc and magnesium are dosed nicely in this product as well. This product does help me fall asleep faster, and does help me sleep better. The price of 120 servings (2 bottles) for $18 on bodybuilding.com was a great price as well. I feel like if you're going to use melatonin for sleep aide, this is better than just going to your local drug store and buying melatonin by itself, because this product is nicely dosed with zinc magnesium and B6, and alittle bit of vitamin d thrown in there.

March 19, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Cheap
    • Consistent
    • No Sleep Hangover

Intro

Greetings SR! I've got a review of Z-Elite for you here today and its the sleep supplement that I've been playing with for quite a while. I'm stim'd up from caffeine and pre-workout additions much of they day so getting a good nights sleep in is tough for me much of the time, sleep sups are a must for me. ZMAs and Melatonin are two of the most common sleep aids so throwing them into the single go is an interesting idea. Anyway, here we go with seeing how Z-Elite stacks up.

Active Ingredients:

Other Ingredients:
      Gelatin
      Magnesium Stearate
      Silicon Dioxide

Alright, to start out with, we have the big three that form up the ZMA portion of this sleep supplement. Starting out with the Zinc, we're just a bit past the recommended dosage of 30mg. The magnesium is a hair under the recommended 450mg and the B6 is just over the recommended 10-11mg that I have seen in most others. With these dosages, I'm on board with where they are at as they look right where they need to be. The D3 is way lower than required for an effective dose. I'm with Clippy on this one, I don't mind that it's there as I'm not taking it for the D (Hah!).

Finally we have the Melatonin dosed at a solid 3mg. For anyone that isn't too familiar with Melatonin, here's the quick primer from examine.com and webmd.com. Basically, it's sleep hormone your body makes on its own but can be affected by how much light you have right before bed. It's highly dependent person to person on how much Melatonin your body likes to produce to get you to sleep, usually between .5mg and 5mg. It's also is non addictive since your body produces it on its own anyway. Additionally, there is research into its antioxidant properties and even anti-cancer properties in supplements. One thing to note is taking more will not help you fall asleep faster so finding the dosage for you is important. At 3mg in here, this dosage is right in the middle of what it should take to have an effect.

Its 3 pills at a time so nothing really to say about the taste or mixability. The dosage is pretty simple, take your 3 pills half an hour to an hour before bed, on an empty stomach.

Only one real way to judge the effectiveness of a sleep supplement, how'd you sleep? Well, this sup is effective without being too effective. What I mean about that is that this product did help me to get to sleep and stay asleep better than if I didn't take it. I'll credit the melatonin to help me get to sleep and the rest of the ZMA part to help me sleep better. That's all that I asked of it and that's exactly what I got from it.

When I say I don't want it to be too effective, I mean that there are times that I have to get up in the middle of the night as I have a 2.5 year old and a 2 month old. Its pretty much a foregone conclusion that I'll be up at least once. Z-Elite didn't knock me out so hard that I was horribly cursed with a sleep hangover. I was still able to get up and function pretty much as well as when I wasn't taking this supplement, so no ill effects even 4 hours in at 2am, I'm calling that a win.

Honestly, I feel this supplement is a steal, especially with how often its on sale at bodybuilding.com. As of when I'm writing this, you can get 180 caps (60 servings) for $18 and they are running a BOGO free sale. That's how I bought mine as well so you're looking at 15 cents a serving for this. At that price, I think this product has tremendous value and its become my go to for sleep supplements. Amazon runs it for $17.50 and will offer it on subscribe and save for those that use that feature to get it down to just under $15.

Side Effects

None, I didn't have any sleep hangovers, weird dreams. That being said, different people handle ZMA and Melatonin differently so YMMV.

Conclusion

For the price, this might be one of the most useful supplements that I take. Trying to get my body calmed down from a long day of running numerous stims from coffee and pre-workout, not to mention normal stress, is difficult and this does a great job to get me to sleep any allow my body to do its normal recovery thing. I'll be the first to say that this isn't the most powerful sleep supplement out there and that's okay with me. I've taken prescription ones before like Ambien and Restoril and those knocked me out cold, but god help me if i had to wake up before I got my 8 hours. I appreciate that Z-Elite is in a lighter class than those beasts and don't negatively affect me when I'm up in the middle of the night.

If 3mg of Melatonin is an effective dose for you and you need something to help you sleep but doesn't knock you out cold, this is one of the better options and the price point makes it a great value.

Overall
      Thanks to RSP Nutrition for sending it out!
        May 16, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Cheap
      • Consistent
        Boy do I like sleep products. Unlike many supplements out there, you can actually tell if it is working. There are plenty of benefits to getting a better nights sleep, so why not do what you can to make that part of your day that much better?

ZMAs has been around for quite some time now. While many say it is overhyped, which is something I agree with, I also see some benefits to the product.

This is not your basic ZMA, even though it kind of is at the same time. Along with the standard zinc, magnesium, and b-6, you get 3mg of melatonin, and 200iU of Vitamin D3. RSP kept it simple, and added some simple ingredients to make the product just a bit more worth your money.

I typically advise against melatonin, and don't like taking anything higher than 1mg. 3mg is typically my limit, as I find that if I take anymore than this amount I get sleep hangovers.

Along with that comes a solid dose of magnesium aspartate. Magnesium is great for muscle relaxation, and in my opinion, may be one of the most underrated supplements out there. Just have to make sure you are getting a good form of it. The kind found in Z-Elite is very bioavailable.

Besides the zinc, I must mention the 200iU of vitamin D. While not 100% of your daily value, it is very much welcome.

3 pill before bedtime. The capsules were easy for me to swallow, yet I can imagine some would have an issue with them. If you want good doses of certain ingredients, you're gonna have to swallow pills.

(7/10)

After running several other products in the same category prior to this, I had some comparisons. I'll break this down into several categories.

Getting to sleep:(6/10)
        This was not Z-Elite's strong point. Since it is a ZMA product, the magnesium in it helped my muscles relax, however, this does not effect me like valerian would for instance. Melatonin doesn't really make me tired as it is, it just makes me sleep somewhat harder in my experience.

Sleep quality:(8/10)
        I had some very vivid dreams while on Z-Elite. This is common with ZMA products, so it's nice to see it doing its job. My dreams even had me waking up wondering if my girlfriend really was elected President of the US.

My sleep was just a bit harder than usual. It wasn't the heaviest I've ever slept, but it was still noticeable. I'd attribute this to the melatonin, as I've taken the same dose before and had the same results.

It did not make me sleep throughout the night, which is another thing I look for in these kinds of products.

Recovery and well-being:(7/10)

Nothing too big to mention here. I did not wake up with any hardcore sleep hangovers like products in the past(G8 from Finaflex comes to mind). There was no increase in overall well-being however. Never really woke up and felt ready to "take on the day" until I took some caffeine. Never woke up groggy, which is a good thing.

I got the basic benefits from getting decent sleep, as opposed to the benefits of taking something like Noxitropin where I would wake up feeling amazing.

Value:(9/10)

You can get this for around $21 on some websites. For 60 servings, this is a good deal. Especially since the magnesium and zinc are well dosed.

Side Effects

Some crazy dreams, which is to be expected.

Conclusion:(8/10)

While Z-Elite is pretty basic at first glance, it can be beneficial to those who have trouble getting some basic sleep. The ingredients are well dosed, the vitamin D is a plus, and the melatonin is not overly dosed either.

While I would rather run Noxitropin for the heavy sleep that comes with it, I wouldn't mind running Z-Elite as an everyday sleep aid either between cycles(of sleep products).

If you don't want to go hardcore and run products like Mass HGH, Noxitropin, or Resurrect, Z-Elite would be a good option. Especially since you'd only be out a mere $21 for a full month run.

Overall
        Thanks to RSP Nutrition for sending it out!
          May 12, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Consistent
        • Cheap
        • Deep Sleep

Hey SR, here today to knock out a review for RSP's sleep aid Z-Elite. I love sleep aids as someone who takes a lot of stimulants, works two jobs, works out 5-6 days a week, I need quality sleep to let my body recover. I have tried everything from simple standalone melatonin, valerian root, etc. to total knock you out supplements that have everything from GABA, Phenibut etc. I like sleep aids that make you drowsy to get to sleep faster, put you in a deeper sleep without the dreaded sleep hangover. After using some of RSP's other products without much success, I wasn't expecting a lot from this simple formula but surprisingly it was very effective for me. On to the review.

Props to RSP here for a very simple, fully disclosed ingredient profile here. All this supplement contains if your basic ZMA blend with 3 mg of melatonin for enhanced sleep. As most of us know, ZMA is a blend of B-vitamins, zinc, and magnesium for enhanced sleep as well as possible testosterone support. Melatonin is something our bodies naturally make but added doses can help one get to sleep and a deeper more restful sleep albeit with some hangover effects and possible dependency issues if used for too long. Personally, I like the simple formula as sometimes overloading a sleep formula is really tough on you so I like the simple approach. I've used ZMA and melatonin products before and although they didn't provide the best sleep I'ver ever had, I do feel they are useful. So, a simple and good profile.

Normal sized white caps, no taste, dosing is 3 a night for men and 2 for women. I took 3 every night about an hour before bedtime. The only thing with ZMA products is to try and take them fasted as foods with calcium etc. really hinder absorption. For me on a cutting cycle its not too bad, but those bulking and taking casein may want to keep this in consideration. Pretty standard dosing for a sleep product containing ZMA and not too hard to follow.

As I mentioned in the intro, I have used an amino and glutamine product from RSP in the past and was underwhelmed, so I wasn't expecting great things. This however provided consistently deep sleep without a hangover. This tells me the 3 mg of melatonin was appropriately dosed for me and the ZMA blend was quality. I didn't take this and become automatically drowsy, so this won't knock you out. Once asleep though I was definitely in an enhanced REM state as I had pretty vivid dreams throughout my run of this. Being on a lot of stimulants during my run of this also tells me this product was very effective in keeping me asleep. Upon waking, there was not a sleep hangover at all as I was able to get out of bed and in the shower without being zombified. My muscle recovery from working out was slightly improved, but I did not notice any test boosting effects such as libido, anger, acne, etc. So, if you're looking for a normal sleep aid to help in the quality of your sleep this did very well for me.

ZMA and melatonin products are rather cheap on their own, but I found this for $21 for a two month supply. For $10 a month and consistent deeper sleep I feel this product has a ton of value. I would definitely buy this again at this price.

Side Effects

No sleep hangover.

Conclusion

If you need something to knock you out because you have some insomnia issues, this probably won't work. If you're looking to enhance the quality of your sleep at a very nice price I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this.