Whey Reviews

By: RSP Nutrition

Protein > Whey Protein
Whey is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by RSP Nutrition. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Overall
Thanks to RSP Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 25, 2017

• Tastes Great
    Just want to start off by apologizing to RSP Nutrition for being extremely late on my review. I've had this review loaded up and ready to go but I never finished to make the finite changes. So again my apologizes to the Trooper program and RSP. I cannot say how sorry I truly am. Life got busy, classes started back up, and I'm in the process of moving. So over the past couple months I have not been on the SR site. I have not gone missing nor have I just disappeared. I probably will be taking a short break from SR as I try to get my life resettled. Thank you for your patience from both SR and RSP Nutrition.

The profile is clean for a blended protein. 25 grams of protein, 5 grams of carbs (3 from sugar), and 2.5 grams of fat for one heaping scoop. This should not be a problem for majority of people to fit in to their macros. I was not on a bulk or diet at the time, so that may have been to my advantage. Personally I usually stick to casein and isolate, but I like to keep at least one of these products in my stack. May not be the cleanest profile, but it has many different uses for me, such as baking, making pancakes, and mixing it into oatmeal.

Before requesting a flavor, I read some reviews on a different product from RSP. Someone recommended cookies and cream (sorry no shoutout, could not find OP), even saying that RSP's cookies and cream was the best cookies and cream they had every tried. Props to whoever said that. I took that recommendation. THE BEST cookies and cream flavor hands down. If you a cookies and cream type of guy, this is for you.

Mixability was great. No issues whatsoever.

This protein is very flexible when it comes to uses. About one scoop in a shaker with either 8-12 ounces of whole milk. If I felt like having more of a thicker consistency (almost like a milkshake), I put 8 ounces. It was absolutely perfect as a dessert, without the added sugar. Or I'd mix this with oatmeal or have this early morning as my first meal. Not a "real" or big first meal. On a normal day for me, I wake up at 5, do some cardio and calves (#teamnocalves), and then have this shake to start my morning. Then my first "meal meal" will be between 9-10am.

Very easy to fit into daily macros. My recovery was slightly better, but at this time I was supplementing this product with a BCAA/amino/recovery product. Never lost any muscle (or at least to my eye) and during the run I increased my lifts. I can't say I give all credit to this product, but being able to hit my macros before a workout definitely helped along with this supplement. But overall yes the product did help with hitting my macros and played a role, big or small, in my strength gains.

The cheapest I found it for was around $50 for a 4lb tub. Comes with 51 servings of a protein blend. Each scoop is just under $1 or to be exact 98 cents. This is at a fair price and is a good price in comparison to other protein supplements in this category of a protein blend.

Side Effects

None really. Experienced some acne, not breakouts or anything, but I"d blame it on the summer heat and sweat.

Conclusion

If your looking for a slow digesting protein and that can be easily fit into macros, then take a look at this. Clean profile protein with multiple uses. Definitely check the product out. If you end up dishing some cash for this, take my recommendation and get the cookies and cream!! Again my sincere apologizes to all. But I'm back.

Peace.
    • Cookies & Creme: 9/10

Overall
    Thanks to RSP Nutrition for sending it out!
      July 15, 2017

• Not The Cleanest Profile
    • Somewhat Higher Carb

Back at it again today with a review for RSP's Whey Blend protein. Protein is staple and must for just about all of us who workout regularly in order to get the sufficient amount of protein our macros that help with muscle recovery and muscle gain (or preservation in my case). On a cutting program, keeping my protein levels high is very important to stay out of that catabolic state as being in a caloric deficit it is certainly hard to get the required amount of protein with whole foods. I look for a protein to be easily digested, clean profile, and yes taste good as I will usually take 1-2 servings a day. This is a very flooded market and if your protein tastes bad there's better options out there. Let's see how this did.

Macros are: 130 cal, 2.5 g fat, 4 carbs (2 sugar), 24 g protein.

Overall, I feel these macros are very workable for just about everyone to work into their diets. Because I'm running the carb nite protocol, 4 g is a little high for me as most proteins I pick are in the 1 g range and with two servings I'm up to 8 g, but that's just me being super picky. It probably won't matter to the regular user. As far as protein goes, 24 g/35 g serving is just ok but pretty normal with the blends. The blend is concentrate, milk protein, hydrolysate, and isolate. I prefer a straight whey/casein blend, but you do get some super fast absorption proteins here, would be nice to know how much of each. Artificial sweeteners, some additives, and protease for digestions. Overall, not a premium protein nor the cleanest, but has a decent blend and I would say above average as far as blends go.

As far as dosing, I would take this post workout and usually once more a day either as breakfast, mixed with oatmeal, etc. Mixabilty was great, mixed well with food and easy to dissolve in water with just a shaker with no residue left over. The flavor I had was strawberry and it was the best strawberry flavor I have ever had. I much prefer strawberry to chocolate or the dreaded vanilla, but it usually lets me down. This however was very nice and tasted a little bit like strawberries and cream. IT was very nice and glad at least the artificial sweeteners and additives did their job.

As already stated, this should be easy enough for everyone to fit into their diets and this was no exception for me even though I am on a very strict plan. I was able to account for the macros of this in my plan and it didn't throw off my diet. If I can fit it in my 20 g a day carb allowance you can too. As far as muscle recovery, gain, and preservation I feel it worked well too. My recovery was on par, although this I was on some recovery products (aminos) as well. I always take aminos though and did not see a set back in terms of recovery when I switched to this protein. Being on a cutting regiment and being in a caloric deficit, muscle gain is pretty much out of the question. However, I did retain the muscle I have already and did not see any muscle loss while cutting. My strength stayed on par with all my lifts and muscle mass seemed to stay the same. Because of this I feel I can say this did it's job helping me get quality protein in my macros.

For the 4 lb tub of strawberry I had 51 servings and you can find this for $47-$50. At under a $1 a serving I think this is a great value and is comparable to say MyProtein's new product TheWhey. You can find straight up whey concentrates for cheaper, but this being a blend with the more expensive protein types I feel this is a good value overall.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Is this the best protein on the market? Cleanest? No, but this is good overall protein for the regular user with a good value.

9.5
      November 19, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Great
    • Lower Quality

Hello all! I'm here with what is my fourth product review, only difference is the protein category. The last were of Speed x^3, & C4 Extreme (3rd gen), and Best BCAA by bpi Nutrition. Well, it's time to branch out toward this BOGO that was on BB.com and how I stocked up on about 30 tubs.. As stated in the last couple reviews I'm a supplement junkie.. I enjoy products that work, and in turn, being able to help others navigate toward those very products. We live in a world of "bro science," so I look to help be the cure! Enough about me, more about RSP Whey...

As most whey proteins do, you'll see whey protein concentrate at the very beginning to indicate that it's the most abundant within the product. Well, for the function this product serves, that is completely fine.. However this is somewhat a goal specific supplement. Since this is a mixed protein and the main ingredient is whey concentrate it will digest a bit more slowly; if you desire fast absorption stick with isolate protein. The rest is pretty simple... The scoop is a total of 34 grams but the macro-nutrients make up roughly 32.75 grams of that total 34; therefore i'd say RSP is fairly light on the artificial flavoring and sweeteners. 9/10

Like just about any protein supplement you will need to shake this fairly vigorously to make a fine solution. If you don't want a thicker milkshake type consistency then use water; but if you do I recommend milk or almond milk. The taste is scary good for how little room there is for artificial ingredients (1.75grams). As for dosing, this isn't a sufficient meal replacement.. No supplement really is to be fair... Whole foods are what you will want to stick to primarily, but directly after a workout I'd recommend 1-2 scoops of RSP Whey along with 2-4 rice cakes (expect to be hungry within the next 30minutes to 1 hour). Overall I'd give RSP Whey a comfy 8/10 here

I'm not quite sure if the effectiveness of the product is there, but I did experience less recovery time.. The fact that RSP whey is quite cheap ($17.95 on BB.com) makes me question the company's method of producing the whey, but the price is very difficult to beat so... I'd say the product is quite effective at producing results in terms of "more bang for your buck." 7.5/10

Due to the price... 9.5/10

Side Effects

None except maybe some gas at times. 8.5/10

Conclusion

This is worth a try if you enjoy mixed proteins, like to sip on protein shakes throughout the day, or don't mind somewhat the slower digestion. However, if you're looking for a post workout protein you should stick with a good isolate protein. Isolate has superior absorption and anabolism properties to really jump-start that rebuilding process within your body post-workout. RSP did a great job with making a cost effective protein; but again, I'm curious about their method of manufacturing since that ultimately contributes to a products bio-availability (effectiveness). Overall I give this product a rating of 8.2/10
    • Cookies & Creme: 9/10