TrueFit Reviews

By: RSP Nutrition

Protein > Whey Protein
TrueFit is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by RSP Nutrition. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

November 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easily Digested
  • Use As A Shake Or Meal Replacement
  • Real Food
  • Probiotics
  • Safe For Lactose Sensitive

After more than year of regular strength training and weight loss, I decided to try several protein sources with little portions and decide which brand I'll be using for the rest of my time. Reason why I didn't consume whey earlier was my health concerns: lack of digestive enzymes and lactose intolerance. Most of protein brands I consumed were much cheaper and not more than 14-16 servings. Even though this product is very expensive for it's amount, I liked it's description and gave a try.

25g Protein (from Grass Fed Whey Protein Concentrate)
12g Carbs (from Prebiotic Soluble Fiber: VitaFiber-Isomalto-oligosacchride (IMO), Sweet Potato Powder, VitaBerry Fruit Blend (Organic Strawberry, Organic Raspberry, Organic Blueberry, Organic Tart Cherry, Organic Elderberry, Organic Cranberry), VitaVeggie Blend (Organic Broccoli, Organic Broccoli Sprouts, Organic Tomato, Organic Carrot, Organic Spinach, Organic Kale)
16g VITAMINS & MINERALS (Vitamin A 78 mcg, Vitamin C 1 mg, Vitamin D 7 mcg, Calcium 190 mg, Sodium 170 mg, Potassium 140 mg)

25 grams of protein is standard amount for most of Whey powders, but other macro-nutrients and ingredients took my mind immediately. Healthy carbs are essential for both: losing weight and Improving performance. I eat broccoli, sweet potato and all berries regularly to keep my weight scale going down. Absolutely all of these carbohydrate sources are wonderful for everything and they make Truefit Protein Ultimate All-in-one powder

What's most important for me, I'm still lactose sensitive and since Truefit Protein contains Lactobacillus Acidophillus Probiotics I safely drink it directly without any pills. With other brands I always consume high dose of digestive enzymes.

Taste is absolutely wonderful! As a big lover of milkshakes, can't wait to finish my workout. Just several seconds of strong shaking are completely enough to mix well. Can't say anything special about amount of protein, go for 1 or 2 scoops immediately after workout if you wish good meal replacement and high amount of healthy macro-nutrients.

As for effectiveness of only whey protein, it does it's duties very well: completely satisfies thirstiness, hunger, helps to recover fast and muscle growth can be noticed after 3-4 weeks of use. Except this whole my body feels very well and full of energy. Digestion is very important for people like me and can guarantee no problems with this shake, after regular consumption of ordinary whey, even with digestive enzymes my stomach feels bloated and irritated, while with Truefit protein my stomach feels much more healthier.
In addition to this, I also used Truefit for baking Protein rich muffins with eggs, banana and chocolate milk, which was great alternative for my cravings.

This is only and huge disadvantage of Truefit Protein. Cheapest online market to purchase this whey is bodybuilding.com at $29.99 price,
with only 20 servings ($1.50 per scoop), each jar costs twice as much as direct competitors. If you look at prices of BPI Protein on www.muscleandstrength.com, price ranges from $1.14 to $0.56 Per Serving, for Allmax whey products on same website price ranges from $1.00 and $0.57(with current discounts). I gave example of these two brands, because even tough I'm satisfied with Truefit, it's still hard to compare it with bestsellers like Optimum Nutrition, Myprotein, Nitro-tech and many more. But, not any of these brands contain so many minerals and vitamins.

Side Effects

Didn't experience any of relevant side effects.

Conclusion

So Truefit lean protein is really on of the best and healthiest supplements you can purchase on market. Whether trying to cut or gain muscle/strength, this supplement can help you to achieve your daily protein goals when consumed properly. Even if you love to bake with whey for fighting with your cravings, all of its macro-nutrients are ideal. Problem is price, if you wish to get all of these elements, you can get them from foods directly or purchase them from other markets, such as sweet potato powder from amazon and add them into your shake. Hope RSP Nutrition soon reduces price and starts manufacture of large amounts.
  • Gourmet Vanilla Milkshake: 10/10
  • Cinnamon Churro: 10/10

September 6, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easily Digested
  • Use As A Shake Or Meal Replacement
  • Real Food
  • Probiotics
  • Expensive If Not On Sale

37 years old and I workout 4-5 times a week. I weigh 235 pounds and eat a high protein diet so my daily protein intake is up there. You will notice I do review a lot of Protein powders and bars. I was looking for a possible meal replacement and saw RSP's TrueFit advertised here on SR. I looked into it and thought it seemed like a good deal, so went to BB.com, picked up a tub to give it a shot. Lets see how it held up.

The scoop here is a little bigger than your average protein powder, each scoop is 44.65g. One scoop (1 serving) nets you 160 Calories, 2.5g total fat, 60mg Cholestorol, 12g Carbs, and 25g Protein. There are also 16 different vitamins and minerals included. The 25g of Protein consists of Whey Protein Concentrate and Whey Protein Isolate. There are two other prop blends that stand out to me here.

All in One Carbs and Fiber prop blend (not really a blend) but is 8.5g of Prebiotic Soluble Fiber (VitaFiber - IMO). If your like me, your wondering, what the hell is this, so I will define for you. Direct from vitafiberimo.com "VitaFiber IMO is a better-tasting, better-for you, low calorie natural sweetener that also provides a good source of prebiotics and non-GMO dietary fiber for improved digestive health. VitaFiber features a mildly sweet, clean taste that adds just the right touch of sweetness to recipes, food and beverages. No chemical overtones or bitter aftertaste here. Simply a clean, natural flavor that consumers will love. VitaFiber is minimally processed and is also sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, halal, kosher, and allergen-free, with no preservatives, artificial colors or flavours. VitaFiber is simply the smarter dietary choice for the perfect amount of sweetness."

The other prop blend is 1g of All In One Superfood blend. This consists of a ton of different ingredients including probiotics. This appears to be made up of various veggie blends of real food which is nice.

This product also contains MCT Oil which I thought was a great addition as I will usually mix MCT Oil with my meal replacement shakes anyways, so nice to have this included. So not the cleanest profile in the world, but not too bad. This product does contain Soy and Milk, so be advised if you have allergies.

Taste: This comes in a Vanilla or Chocolate flavor. I love Vanilla flavors so I ordered the Gourmet Vanilla Milkshake flavor. It definitely has a creamy taste to it. At first I was not a fan of it, but after 2 or 3 shakes with it the taste really grew on me. It was a nice low key Vanilla flavor that was not too sweet and not to bland and chalky tasting. I would drink this upon waking around 430am with no issues.

Mixability: With such a big scoop, it looks like this product will not mix well. Well, it really does! I would add about 10 - 12oz Water, one scoop, shake a few times and it mixed well. I would even not drink it for 5 minutes and would not have to reshake as the powder would not settle on the bottom or anything it would just stay mixed! Pretty nice.

Dosing: So this is where the product gets interesting and becomes much more than your average Protein Powder. Depending on your dietary needs the instructions show the breakdown of half a scoop, 1 scoop, and 2 scoops. Half a scoop is designed as a lean snack, 1 scoop as Lean Food, and 2 scoops as a Lean Gainer. I have personally dosed this with 1 and 2 scoops. I used 1 scoop most times both pre and post workout. I used 2 scoops as a Meal replacement.

So the only way I can judge a Protein's effectiveness is how my body digests it and how long it kept me full. Digestion wise this product did great, almost as good as a 100% Whey Protein Isolate. Most Whey Protein's sit in my stomach for a few minutes, this never did. 1 Scoop would keep me full for close to an hour which is a little longer than I normally experience. Typically a Whey Protein shake keeps me full around 30 to 45 minutes. When I used this as a meal replacement a couple times with 2 scoops added with water and 2tbsp of PB2, it did a lot better than I thought. I was confused if this was marketed as a normal Protein shake or a meal replacement, but I can say it works for either (hence my title). I replaced breakfast with this on two occasions, and it kept me full until my time for a morning snack which is about 2 hours after my meal. I believe the inclusion of real food helps.

The label or product has no real claims, it just markets itself as it should as a Protein. Thats always good to see! When you read the ingredient profile on this, you would think this would be real heavy on the system and I was worried about that too. This was not the case, and this protein performed very well for me. End of the day you can dose this as you need it, and this is a Protein that can help you meet your goals. This does contain 5g BCAA and 4g Glutamine in it, but I can't say if either helped since I always take a separate BCAA, Fish Oil and Joint Support supp. But I was not sore and my joints felt fine while on this, but can't give the product credit by itself!

I picked up a 20 scoop tub from bb.com for $23.99. That comes out ao $1.20 a serving. Not too bad but is a bit higher than I have gotten for other Whey Proteins lately. However, I see there a ton of sales for this constantly, I believe there is a buy one get one 50% off right now on SR, so the value in this will fluctuate depending on if you get this on sale or not. RSP's web site has it for $28.99 right now, normally $39.99 which may be a tad too high. The value in this is you do get a nice real food veggie blend, good digesting protein, and some probiotics.

Side Effects

None at all!

Conclusion

RSP hit a home run with their new Protein product. It can meet your macro goals no matter what your needs are, as long as you dose it accordingly. Depending on what price point you get this at, this should compete well in the flooded market of Whey Protein. This protein is easy on the system, you will not experience any weird side effects like bloating, it works as pre/post workout protein and as a meal replacement. I will probably pick this up again in the near future (on sale) and keep it on hand mostly as a meal replacement and whenever I need my protein. This is definitely a cheaper option on the Meal replacement front. Pretty versatile and I recommend this product to everyone.
  • Gourmet Vanilla Milkshake: 7/10