(Better than 81% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

Regen BCAA is a BCAA manufactured by RSP. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

December 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Not The Best Tasting
    • Did Not Work

What's up guys, just wanted to write a review on RSP's Regen BCAA i bought recently on a BOGO sale. I tried the Amino Lean by RSP and loved it so was anxious to try this when i found the deal.

This is another 2:1:1 BCAA profile. 3,000mg of L-Leucine, 1,500mg of L-Isoleucine, and 1,500mg of L-Valine. Also contains 1,000mg of citrulline malate and 250mg of coconut water. Not sure why the small dose of citrulline was included since it was not enough to amount to anything. As for the coconut water, i assume this is to aid in hydration but I'm not sure how beneficial it is at this dosage. One thing Regen BCAA is missing is EAA's. I would like to see this.

I bought the Fruit Punch and it tasted nothing of the sort. The mixability was horrible and i tried several different ways to mix it up..stir it/shake it/different ounces of water and would never fully blend in. Maybe that effected the taste but it would make me nauseous after drinking it and I'm on that typically loves fruit punch. Dosing is one scoop with 8-10oz of water before,during or post workout. Throughout the day on the non-training days.

This was another negative for me..I did not feel any benefits from taking this like I have with other BCAA drinks. no decrease in DOMs and no refreshment during or after my workouts. During my workouts is where i look for these the most. All i wanted was some water.

This was one good side about this product. It was pretty cheap. I bought this on a BOGO sale for $20 so I can't complain about the price. So it was easy to give away my 2nd container to a buddy to give him a try with it.

Side Effects

I felt nauseous after drinking this due to the flavor and mixability. Outside of that, no sides.

Conclusion

In conclusion, i was very disappointed in this product after taking Amino Lean. With the bad taste/mixing and no benefits for myself, i had to rate this pretty low. I see others seem to like it and that just goes to show everything is different for each person. One good take away from this product is the cheap price!

September 15, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improves Recovery
    • Effective BCAA Dosage

First I would like to thank RSP for sending Regen BCAA out for review, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. This BCAA is affordable, tastes good, and is dosed with more than just the proper amount of BCAA. Since my use of this tub I've bought 3 more from various websites because of it's affordability.

6g BCAA 2:1:1 blend which is the appropriate basic dose almost all brands use, so nothing new about this or bad even. However, it does contain other ingredients that assist with recovery such as electrolytes magnesium, potassium, and sodium.

Then we have 1g of citrulline malate, not a large dose but just a little extra to help mix in with other recovery nutrients. Also there's 250mg coconut water concentrate, which helps keep the body hydrated intra-workout.

Topped it off with so bioperine to assist with better absorption. Pretty decent for the price you can get a 50 serving tub for. You can just base the price on just the BCAA and it'll still beat almost all products sold online.

I received the watermelon flavor, which was bearable but a little bit heavy on the artificial sweetener. However, the other 3 tubs I bought we lemon lime and pomegranate, both of which tasted awesome and easy to sip.

Mixing is perfect and no grains left behind for me.

Dosing is kinda what you need it for. I usually do 1.5 or 2 scoops instead of one for the flavor to be stronger, plus I'd rather have more g's of BCAA. However, the first tub I one scooped it for effectiveness purposes and always felt good intra and post workout while using this product.

Great product overall for me. I always felt hydrated during training while using this product intra-workout. Days without using this I didn't keep fatigue away as long unless I consumed a product during workout to take its place for electrolytes and BCAA. Just my take on it though I know peeps always argue about the effectiveness of aminos and recovery.

Value is awesome. I received the 50 serving tub so basing my review off the prices. They do have 30 servings as well. You can find a 50 serving tub on bodybuilding.com and walmart.com for on $25!! That's going to be just under 50 cents per serving.

Plus ordering on walmart.com you can ship free to store pickup. Never saw a product with more than BCAA sold for this price per serving and amount in tub. I've bought 3 since I've finished and just ordered 2 more yesterday to keep stocked up.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Regen BCAA from RSP does the job it's supposed to and the prices are very affordable across more than one website. Definitely recommend this product to fit your price range, and most their products are affordable or reasonable too.Thanks again for this RSP.
      • Lemon Lime: 8/10
      • Watermelon: 6/10
      • Pomegranate : 10/10

July 17, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improves Recovery
      • Hydration
      • Very Average

I apologize to RSP Nutrition for taking so long to review this. Thanks for sending ReGen out.

ReGen BCAA contains 8.8 gram servings. 6 Grams are BCAAs at a 2:1:1 ratio (3g L-Leucine, 1.5 g L-Isoleucine and L-Valine). RSP adds 1 gram of Citrulline Malate at an undisclosed ratio, 250mg of Conconut water extract, and 5mg of Bioperine. Citrulline can help with ED and circulatory health at 1g 3x daily (1.76g 3x daily if Citrulline Malate), and can increase sports performance at 6-8g. Since this is a BCAA supplement, I assume that Citrulline is included for the purported benefits of decreased recovery time/soreness, fatigue, and increase in nitric oxide production. Clearly the amount in ReGen is too low for any of these uses although it could reasonably be used for circulatory health/ED if taken 3x daily but that would be expensive. It is likely that ReGen is designed to supplement one's citrulline existing supplementation from elsewhere (such as pre-workouts), but still there are a select few products out there that include 6g+ of citrulline. I would like to see more citrulline and for the citrulline malic acid ratio to be disclosed.

Additionally, the jury is still out on the research on coconut water's effectiveness. Personally, I prefer its inclusion but would like to see it dosed at 500mg-1g. At the very least it helps with potassium intake which I see as an added bonus. However, I tend to believe the research that shows coconut water is at least as effective as standard sports drinks (albeit without all the sugar!) at rehydration (i.e. better than pure water). Therefore, I like when it is included in BCAA/intra-workout supplements. While it is included in ReGen, I wish there was more.

Bioperine would ideally be at 10mg but I am perfectly fine with 5mg. I really value its inclusion as a nutrient absorption enhancer and could not be happier to see it in ReGen.

I have seen more impressive profiles but this is a decent run-of-the-mill BCAA supplement. Some of the ingredients are a little under-dosed but it could only help and may allow for cutting back supplementation in other areas.

I received the Raspberry Lemonade flavor and it was delicious. I tried mixing 1-2 scoops with 12-20oz of water and at its greatest dilution the taste was still strong. It mixed up well and left little residue. The water became murky after mixing but that's of little concern.

RSP suggests using one scoop before, after, or during training and one scoop on rest days. I personally used 2 scoops at times at only felt better for it. I stuck to 1 scoop most of the time due to cost implications, however. They also suggest 8-10oz per scoop but I always experiment with serving to water ratios.

ReGen produced results akin to your average BCAA supplement. I experienced shorter recovery times by about a day or two, felt a little endurance boost in the gym and stayed hydrated for longer. I'll explain each in a little more detail below.

Almost immediately I noticed that I was staying hydrated for longer. That was a shared function of increased water intake and ReGen's blend of electrolytes, and coconut water (possibly). I was refilling my water bottle about two times less (2) than on average (4) or visiting the water fountain less (on days when I forgot my water bottle). Hydration is perhaps one of the most important reasons to take an intra-workout supplement so these kinds of results are always welcome.

After 2 weeks of supplementing with ReGen I started to notice that cardio felt a little easier. For example, my 30 minute sessions felt like the 25 minute sessions had felt at the beginning. Additionally, I noticed that I didn't have to grind through my workouts as much, especially towards the end. For example, I normally do 6 movements for chest and starting around week 3 these workouts felt as easy as the days that I skipped dips (i.e. 5 movements). These are about average results for me with BCAA supplementation. At higher doses I seem to notice a stronger effects but that is to be expected. That being said, I've seen and tried products that have higher doses per [effective] serving and I feel that an 8 is fair when compared to where those products fit on the scale.

Additionally, I felt that I recovered from soreness 1-2 days early than without any BCAA supplementation. That is pretty average for BCAA supplements. I only felt a ~2 day reduction when I took 2 scoops for a few days before and after a really long and grueling workout towards week 4. Throughout the rest of my use, I felt that my recovery time was about a day faster than before in that the soreness had subsided enough to retrain. Stronger and more profound results would come from supplements like PEDs as opposed to a run-of-the-mill BCAA supplement. One would shoot for that 2 day reduction with higher BCAA doses. Therefore, I would say ReGen is a good, but not great, product in terms of effectiveness.

Also, as mentioned in the title, I tried drinking this a few times when I was hungover. Anecdotally, I felt just as good as I did with some Gatorade but I tended to drink less when drinking ReGen. I would usually make up for the difference (20oz ReGen v. 64oz Gatorade) by drinking more water or a little Gatorade. In all variations I felt about the same. I know ReGen is not marketed for this purpose so do with this anecdotal example what you will.

8.5/10
      50 serving containers run $29.99 and 30 serving containers run $19.99. At $0.60 a serving, this is not too bad. I'd venture to say that since this is regularly on sale over at big retailers like bodybuilding.com, that it is a good candidate for inclusion in a staple rotation due to cost reasons alone. Given the effectiveness, I would also consider any sale bringing it to $0.50 a serving to be well worth it. In fact, in those cases I would pull the trigger immediately.

Now there are better products that cost more and cheaper products that are more bare bones. Considering the average BCAA supplement would be 30 servings for $30 (i.e. $1 per serving), this is pretty good. 20 extra servings, even if slightly under-dosed is better than just 30 servings of a slightly higher dosed product.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects with ReGen.

Conclusion

8.3/10
      I got to an 8.3/10 by rounding up to a 8.2 from a 8.16 average of the Value, Effectiveness, and Ingredient Profile categories since they were most relevant here. Then I added a .1 for the lack of side effects and great taste/mixability/dosing instructions. Overall I would suggest trying this product out if it is on sale or a 50 serving container. At that point I think the value makes it worth consuming heaping scoops of a slightly under-dosed product. I don't think a 30 serving container [not on sale] would be worth it just because I'd rather pay a few bucks more and get a stronger 30 serving product. Seeing as this is commonly on sale, I'd probably suggest this a lot of times someone comes to me for supplement advice.

July 8, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improves Recovery
      • Hydration

Supp Facts Intro

Major props to RSP for the 2 tubs they sent! This product has everything you really could ask for in the BCAA category: electrolytes, 6g 2:1:1 BCAA, coconut powder for added hydration, citrulline malate which aids in recovery due to vasodilation, and Bioperine for adsorption. I am happy with the dosages, along with the ingredients in general. I would like to see this without the dyes, but really I don't think I could ask for more.

Taste Mix Dose

The flavor I received was Fruit Punch, but I have had many RSP products of various flavors and also in their Regen BCAA's. All flavors are good, and tastes great with some being a bit sweeter than others. Mixability was really good with no foam sediment or floaters. Dosing was 1 serving each time, with multiple servings per day at times based on activity.

Effectiveness 8.4/10

I always try to focus on what I am running in supplements, for various reasons. One main reason is aminos are more versatile, especially if you are maintaining or cutting in your diet and routine. I wanted to stress this, because it is often that people will think they work differently or both are needed always (can be beneficial). The whole purpose to take this product is to help accelerate your recovery, and allowing you to build more muscle overtime. I try to keep my diet consistent with my carb and protein intake in addition to staying well hydrated. I was in a cutting diet and high rep/endurance program at both times of using this product. I felt my muscle soreness was much less when I kept my dosing consistent and had maintained my diet, also DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) was less occurring. While it was minor, I did experience some pumps when taking this intra workout depending on how many carbs I had that morning. Strictly as a BCAA product I feel it easily earned a 8/10, but with the other additions the merit was a bit higher giving it a better score.

Value 8/10

There are multiple serving sizes with various deals all the time, but currently I was able to find it on Amazon for $10 costing $0.34 per serving. I feel this is an excellent value, and the other sizes do come out fairly close in price per serving.

Overall 8.2/10

A simple yet effective staple to add to your stack, or at least utilize on those heavier days with more compound movements. I would say to keep this going for as long as you can afford it, but it isn't always necessary to run especially if you are already using protein powder post workout.
        • Fruit Punch: 8/10

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improves Recovery
        • Small Pump
        • Effective BCAA Dosage
          Big shout out to RSP and Sr.com for the opportunity to give Regen BCAA's a try. Thanks so much. I am a pretty big proponent of keeping BCAA's in your stack. I have had BCAA's in my stack for the last 4-5 years and using a product like this sure helps me think I should keep'em in my stack for the future as well. I love how they keep you hydrated and help you recover from the grueling workouts you put yourself through. After all, recovery is where the muscles grow.

The ingredient profile is your basic BCAA profile. It adds Magnesium, Sodium, and Potassium to the BCAA's Leucine, Isoleucine, and valine. Citruline Maleate was a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting 1g of Cit Mal in my BCAA's but I won't be upset if that became the norm. LOL. Raw Coconut Water Concentrate to help you with hydration is something I want in all my BCAA drinks as well.

Taste- Watermelon was the flavor I received. I love watermelon flavored supplement drinks. This goes for preworkouts, protein shakes, and BCAA drinks. For some reason, I just like how it tastes. In this particular drink it was perfect for sipping throughout the workout. The flavor was light, so it was enjoyable.

Mixability- I only ever mixed it with water. It mixed just fine. Didn't have any clumping. There wasn't any frothiness and there wasn't any grittiness at the bottom. Just as good as all the other BCAA drinks I've had.

Dosing- One scoop on workout days for me. On other days I would find myself using a scoop or two for a mid afternoon drink. I play basketball on Suday evenings so I even drank it during that time as well. Just to keep me as hydrated as possible. When you have 50 servings of this stuff for as cheap as it is then you can use it anyway you see fit.

BCAA drinks are designed to help you get through tough workouts and to help you from feeling fatigued while working out. This particular drink is no different. It helped me get through workouts where otherwise I would've felt tired deep into the workout. Playing basketball is where I felt the most difference. On weeks where I would forget the drink and have to just drink water I was a little more sore than on weeks I was able to take a couple of scoops of this stuff and mix it in my water. I remember thinking about this one Monday morning when I woke up and didn't really ache all over like I had in previous weeks. That sold me. Since then I have used BCAA's as my basketball drink.

I found 30 servings on Amazon for $10. BB.com also has 2 30 serving tubs for $28. Either way you go it is cheaper than a lot of BCAA drinks I have tried in the past.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

Once again, thank you to SR.com and RSP for this wonderful opportunity. I always look forward to trying products I wouldn't otherwise. I really think I will continue to use REGEN for a while. I like everything about it. Most of all, I like the price. If I can continue to get BCAA's for this price I don't see any reason to pay more.
          • Watermelon: 10/10

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Improves Recovery
          • Hydration
          • Excellent Value
          • Effective BCAA Dosage

First off, major shoutout to RSP for supplying us Troops with ReGen BCAAs. BCAAs are a staple in any stack for aiding in the recovery process and keeping us hydrated throughout the day. I'll start out by saying this, I enjoyed this product MUCH more than I did RSP's Amino Lean product, even though they are different, they held some similarities. For this product I went with the "surprise me" for a flavor and was supplied with watermelon. Here we go!

Thankfully RSP keeps it simple with the 2:1:1 typical BCAA ratio. This consists of 2g Leucine, 1g Isoleucine, and 1g of Valine. Based off of studies, this is the most effect BCAA ratio and you will see it is what most companies use. ReGen also has 1g of citrulline malate, a little added bonus. I can't say I felt the effects of it, but it's in there! For the most part, you get a solid BCAA product here, no flashy lights or bells and whistles, the way it should be.

Taste: As mentioned above, I received watermelon as my flavor. Overall I enjoyed it, compared to past watermelon flavors I have taken in the past. Not too sweet, but it doesn't taste like you're just drinking slightly flavored water. It was light, very enjoyable.

Mixability: Dissolved pretty much right away in water after shaking. No foaming and no settlement. Some BCAAs really foam up, but not ReGen!

Dosing: I dosed this as an intra on workout days, so 4-5 times a week. I also dumped 1 scoop into my 3L jug that I carry around with me all day long. At 50 servings per container, this lasted me a long time and I am very grateful for that.

So using this as an intra, I felt it kept me from feeling fatigued while lifting, as opposed to just drinking water during my workout. Carrying it around in my jug all day also came with added recovery benefits, for I sipped on it all day long. Due to the ingredients, good diet, and rest, combined with ReGen, I felt well hydrated and recovered, ready to crush my next workout.

This was a 50 serving tub, which can be picked up at Walmart actually for $23.99 coming in at $0.48 per serving, a steal. Walmart also offers free shipping, so you'll safe there as well.

Side Effects

No side effects to note.

Conclusion

At $0.48 per serving for a 50 serving tub, I have to pick this up again. No questions asked. Affordable, correct ratio of BCAAs, and a staple in recovery. After reading some other reviews I see some people did not enjoy their flavor, so I may just stick with watermelon. Thanks again RSP!
            • Watermelon: 8/10

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Improves Recovery
            • Small Pump
            • Effective BCAA Dosage

1st off thanks to RSP for sending this out and becoming rather active as of late in the TROOPER program. I've seen some good deals from Them thrown up on bb.com do i decided to snag a tub and see how they stood up against others.

6g of BCAAs at a 2:1:1 ratio, with an added gram of CitMalate. Also something more and more intras are including is a bit of raw coconut water concentrate for its great hydration benefits. Also it has bioperine for help with absorption of included ingredients.

I received watermelon, and I was not excited about it.. i feel like watermelon has become even more widely used in the supplement industry than even fruit punch and it's so hard to find a good one. For this product I felt like it was a little better than average, had a nice not too sweet taste to it that was easily sipped on.
              Mixing had a little foam but mixed up without any clumps or floaters. I always drank this about 15-20 mins into my workout.

During my workout I liked the added citrulline malate because it seemed to help my pump stay strong throughout the workout. The added coconut water also really helped with muscle hydration and reducing cramps. As far as recovery goes though I didn't really notice a huge improvement in recovery time, but there was a slight cut down on soreness during the days.

The value on this is pretty hard to beat, and with it going on sale pretty frequently it gets even better. Right now Amazon has it from $11 to $14 depending on the flavor I grabbed a few of the different flavors and will add my thoughts on to this at a later date.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you are wanting a product with tons of ingredients that's going to blow you out of the water look elsewhere. But if you want a solid recovery product for near rock bottom prices that is pleasant to sip on then it's hard to find one better than this.
              • Watermelon: 7/10

9.5
                June 17, 2017

Pros:
               Cons:
              • Improves Recovery
              • Not The Best Tasting

Thanks to RSP for letting me try a tub of ReGen BCAA. BCAAs are a staple for me. Lately, I have been more interested in amino products having both BCAAs and EAAs in them, I still

It's a very simple profile. Your basic 2:1:1 BCAA ratio, which I highly approve of. Along with that you get some electrolytes, 1 gram of citrulline malate, and some Bioperine. Nothing I can really complain about here.

Although there is plenty of other things they could throw in here to make it better, the only thing I'd like to see would be some EAAs.

In all honesty, this did not taste very good. I had the Raspberry Lemonade flavor, and I honestly felt it had a hint of cardboard or something in it. While it was not horrible or even bad, I can't say I didn't prefer it watered down.

It mixes like well like most bcaas on the market. No clumps and a bit of foam, which is expected.

For the most part, ReGen is a very basic BCAA supplement. Which is actually great. There are no surprises in ReGen.

I drank this during my workouts, either one or sometimes 2 scoops. I noticed less cramping from the electrolytes, and better recovery from the BCAAs. Since I was not too fond of the taste, I'd typically watered it down as much as possible. This in turn helped me consume more water during my workouts. I see this as a big plus actually.

I can't really comment on the citrulline malate, as any pre-workout I take typically has some sort of NO booster ingredients in them. I'm sure it helped in one way or another.

This isn't really a BCAA I would put in my gallon of water "bro jug" due to the taste, but I could see some people doing that.

You can get a 30 serving of ReGen for $20. This is a great deal. Compared to Iso-Amino from MAN Sports, which is praised for its great cost, it is priced similarly and has some extra goodies in there. So it is well worth the money. A potential staple for people who don't like to take in exotic ingredients.

I also found the 30 serving tub for $10 or so on Amazon, which makes it a steal really.

Overall, it's cheap lol.

Side Effects

Conclusion

RSP ReGen is a solid choice for people who want something that isn't too flashy, is affordable, and has more benefits than your simple BCAA. The price is too low to not try it. It has high potential to be a staple in many peoples cabinets. Give it a shot.
              • Raspberry Lemonade: 7/10

June 13, 2017

Pros:
               Cons:
              • Improves Recovery
              • Excellent Value
              • Effective BCAA Dosage

I'd been going through intra-workout supplement withdrawal for a few weeks when suddenly a bunch became available to review. I snagged a few tubs of various products, including Regen BCAA, to run concurrently. Thanks to RSP for allowing me to try tubs of Regen and AminoFocus.

All I really care about in my intra-workouts is the dosage of BCAAs. Regen packs 5g of essential amino acids at a 2:1:1 ratio. Good stuff. Also included are a few other core minerals and electrolytes, but for the most part Regen is far simpler and less flashy than some other competitors.

Regen was my go-to morning BCAA supplement. I exercise most mornings, so on lifting days I would put around two scoops in 32 oz. of ice water and sip throughout my workout. On rest days I still threw a scoop or two in my water bottle to sip throughout the morning.

I requested and received the Raspberry Lemonade flavor which was a good choice. It's not overly sweet, nor does it have a chemical aftertaste. To me it tasted more like a standard Fruit Punch, but all in all I enjoyed drinking it. Given the hydrophobic properties of powdered BCAAs, Regen does foam and clump a bit when first added to water, but after a minute or two of shaking it dissolved fully with no residue

As a straight recovery BCAA supplement, Regen is a good option. I personally can't really tell the difference between most BCAA products. I notice a difference in my recovery time and the amount of DOMS I experience when I'm taking a BCAA product versus when I'm not, but not usually between actual individual products. Regen was no different. I experienced the standard spike in recovery, which was particularly nice considering I've resumed hitting legs most days (had taken several months off) and was surprised I wasn't more sore right out of the gate.

Now, as an intra-workout booster, Regen's not as strong as some competitors. As I mentioned in the profile section, this product isn't as packed with intense electrolyte compounds (though it does include a few ingredients with that goal) and energy matrices. This isn't a negative - just clarifying that this is a straight up recovery-focused BCAA supplement and not one that shines as a workout extender.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop. Right now, Regen is available on Amazon at $18 for 30 scoops - that's a VERY competitively priced .60c per serving. And each individual scoop nets you 5g of BCAAs which is the minimum effective dose. Even if you push the serving size up like I did, the overall price point is still strong. You can also find this on major supplement sites, meaning you'll probably be able to get an additional discount.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a simple recovery product that does what it states and no more. It's one of the most affordable BCAA supplements I've found and is perfect for someone on a tight budget. While it's not the most robust or amazing intra-workout option, I had a good experience with this product and would absolutely recommend it.
                • Raspberry Lemonade: 7/10

June 10, 2017

• Very Average

Long time no see fellow reviewers. I haven't been able to be as active on here as I want to be because...life. BCAAs remain a staple for me although my interest has shifted from lifting weights to cycling (like riding a bike really fast, not the other type of cycling you're thinking of). Now that some decent weather is finally upon us I have shifted exclusively onto the bike and I'm racking up 120-150 miles a week of solo riding. It takes its toll on the body and BCAAs help me feel a little better because also I'm old (not as old as some of you I know but old enough to feel it). I know this is a weight lifting website but if anyone here does ride and uses Strava PM me and we can find each other. I love getting motivated by seeing what others are doing.

Thanks to RSP labs for being a board sponsor and making this available to the Troopers. And sorry it took so long. Part of the reason was I crashed pretty bad and was off the bike for 10 days and didn't take this very much during that time.

RSP kept things pretty simple. 6g BCAAs, some electrolytes (some from coconut water), 1g L-Citrulline Malate, and BioPerine pepper extract for absorption. I like the BioPerine; that's a nice addition as there's some great evidence showing it really makes a difference. Sounds pretty close to another major brands profile doesn't it? One that rhymes with "lets bend," perhaps?

I tried Raspberry Lemonade and it was meh. Not great, but tolerable. I hesitate to use the word "good" to describe it. You definitely know you're drinking BCAAs. There are much better flavored products out there. I did like that the dyes are minimal. I didn't hate it but I didn't look forward to drinking it either.

Mixing was okay. I've also used products that mixed better though. This one took a few minutes longer than average to mix.

I dosed this two ways. 1 scoop pretty much first thing every morning in about 10oz of water and then a heaping scoop during my rides as well. During my rides it was often mixed with some Gatorade, Dextrose, pre workout, or who knows what else I decided to throw in that day.

This worked about as well as most other BCAA I have used. It always helped me push a little harder during my rides and recover faster after so I could get back out ASAP. I do like that it should help with preventing muscle breakdown as well, especially since I'm not currently lifting. I don't have any way to actually measure that but I think there is enough evidence out there to feel warrant saying it helps. Electrolytes are also very nice to have in a product when outside sweating a lot. Sometimes I'm on the bike for 3+ hours in the heat so hydration is really important. ReGen did help me stay hydrated and I never had any cramping or anything like that. I like that I didn't have to add any extra electrolytes to my bottle. The L-Citrulline is nice but at 1g its effects are not really noticeable. Overall, it was very average and didn't have any extra effects above and beyond what I expected.

It's a little confusing here because I was sent a 50 serving tub but now I see 30 serving tubs seem the norm. The only place I could see the 50 was like Ebay from aftermarket sellers. All the major retailers had the 30 servings. So I'm going to judge the value by the 30 serving size since it seems like that's what you can purchase now if you want to try it out. $20-$23 seems the norm for 30 servings and this is a great value for what you get. Sure there are better deals out there but this is really a very reasonable price for 30 servings of BCAAs at 6g per serving and if you want to try it the price shouldn't be holding you back.

Side Effects

Conclusion

ReGen BCAA was just a completely average product for me and that's why the rating is a little lower than it could be. It's a solid product in the BCAA category but it definitely doesn't go above and beyond to stand out or do anything special. Honestly, if it tasted better that rating probably goes up .5-.8 overall. I know I'm a wuss for caring about taste but that's okay, I don't mind!
                • Raspberry Lemonade: 6/10