(Better than 29% in Post-Workout Protein)

IsoPost is a Post-Workout Protein Supplement manufactured by RSP Nutrition. It is designed to feed the muscles with protein, carbs and amino acids immedaitely following a workout to assist in muscle recovery and growth.
FORUM TOPICS

Overall
Overall
(SR paid for product; RSP Nutrition did not participate)
  February 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Aids Recovery
  • Better Sleep
  • Reduced DOMS And Soreness
  • More Servings Per Tub Would Be Nice
  • Horrible Mixability

A special thanks to Clippy and SR.com directly for providing IsoPost as an SR TROOPs product opp. Today, I discuss my experience with it. As we all know, recovery is a critical component when achieving the results we want, regardless of fitness goals. Whether it be muscle and strength building, fat loss, endurance training, etc., resting up and revitalizing the body and mind is absolutely crucial to ensure we stay on track and continue to draw closer to our goals. Supplements specially formulated to aid recovery can undoubtedly help. Of course, ensuring that you get enough sleep and maintaining a diet with all the essential nutrients you need are the mainstays of recovery first and foremost. Still, supplements with recovery based formulations can help give that extra boost as an insurance.

The profile is fully disclosed and free of prop blends.

To begin, each serving will provide 120 calories, 1g of sugar, 1g of carbs, 1.5g of total fat, 110mg of calcium, 70mg of sodium, 140mg of potassium.

Moving on, each serving will provide 26g of protein derived from whey protein isolate. Isolate, to me, is the best source of whey protein you can take post workout due to it's high bioavailability and fast digestion.

Finishing off to the main base of the profile, we have 3g of glutamine, 2.5g of betaine anhydrous, 2g of L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, 500mg of L-Ornithine AKG, and a 150mg digestive enzyme blend comprised of enzymes amylase, protease, lipase, lactase, and cellulase. Glutamine aids in recovery as an abundant conditional amino acid, L-carnitine L-tartrate help reduce muscle damage, L-ornithine AKG increase nitric oxide levels, and the digestive enzyme blend help promote the processing of the essential amino acids from the whey protein.

As a last note, each serving also contains medium chain triglycerides for further energy and muscle tissue replenishment. The amount, though, is not disclosed.

IsoPost comes in two flavors including lemon lime sherbet and strawberry kiwi. I received the lemon lime sherbet and I found it to be pretty tasty.

As for the mixability, well...let me just say that I know I've said this about a few other supps in the past, but up to this point, IsoPost may now be the new title holder as product with the worst mixability ever. I am not kidding when I say, the mixability of this product was just plain BAD. No matter what method I used whether shaker cup, cup and spoon, or even a blender, it was Glob City. The undissolved chunks and globs were numerous and bothersome. Rather than drinking this product, you'll most likely be eating the resulting chucky bits like a bowl of dippin dots ice cream with a spoon. That's no exaggeration. It taste good once you can chew the bits to the point where it dissolves in the mouth. However, when you get to those big glob mothers, good luck. Best to break it up manually with a utensil, but that is pretty inconvenient.

As you'd expect, you'll want to take one serving post workout. I mixed a full scoop in plenty of water and used a utensil to break up undissolved globs for easier consumption. After it was mixed thoroughly enough, I drank it down immediately following my workouts.

Despite the problems I had with themixability and preparation, IsoPost did a great job in helping me to recover better.

Post workout DOMS, lethargy, and overall fatigue were less and I even had improved and more recuperative sleep. I was waking up each morning feeling more rejuvenated and even got a good mornin pump and swole feel thanks mostly to the ornithine akg.

I was going into my consecutive workouts each day with more energy, endurance, and less soreness from previous workouts. My workouts in general felt more aggressive and I had slightly improved stamina and vascularity.

Not much more I can say. In a nutshell, IsoPost did the job and improved my recovery greatly.

In addition to the lack luster mixability and preparation, this is another area where IsoPost loses some credits. The cheapest price I found IsoPost was on Amazon for 27.99 with free shipping. Sounds like a decent price, but the downer is that each tub only comes with 20 servings as opposed to a full month's 30. To me, that brings the value down since you can purchase bulk protein and amino acids for that price with more servings. I understand formulations specializing in one area of fitness training can have higher prices with sacrifice to certainc components. The component in this case being serving quantity. Still, I feel a full 30 day supply would be more suitable for the price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

IsoPost is a superb recovery product that help you rest better, decrease DOMS, lethargy, soreness, and give youmore endurance both in and out of the gym. You can also gain a bit of a good pump and swole feeling. It also taste great too. Unfortunately, it's credibility is dampered by the value for total servings and horrible mixability. I'd say that if the mixability could be drastically reduced and the tubs can come with 30 servings as opposed to only 20, the value and product itself would be far more worthy of an investment. Still, if one could find it for a BOGO deal or simply invest it as a one time try supplement, it would be worth it.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO BRUINS!!!
  • Lemon Lime Sherbet: 8/10

• dmf8625
    February 11, 2018

I find it interesting they included digestive enzymes with this product considering it is a WPI. Normally you see those used with WPC vs WPI since the isolate has far less lactose.

In regards to the servings, do you think the company is looking at this product as being a full month supply based on 5 workouts a week and 4 weeks a month?

• MarsheS
    February 11, 2018

""To me, that brings the value down since you can purchase bulk protein and amino acids for that price with more servings."" Really?? Tell us more... maybe you know something I don't.

Advertisement: