DyNO Reviews

By: RSP Nutrition

DyNO is a Pre-Workout manufactured by RSP Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

9.1
  February 25, 2018

• Consistent
  • Intense Focus

Greetings SR! This is my pre-workout of choice for the moment and has been for the last year or so. Not everyone agrees on what the best pre-workouts do, but if you like ones that have plenty of stim in them but give you more aside so that you get can keep your focus and increase muscle endurance, this one is definitely worth a first and second look

9/10[\b]
    Well, let's start with what's under the hood for this stim-pre
    Vitamin B3 (as niacin) - 20 mg
    Caffeine Anhydrous - 300 mg
    Alpha GPC 50% (Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline) - 200 mg
    Citrus Aurantium (Bitter Orange) - 100 mg
    Black Pepper Fruit Extract (BioPerine) - 5 mg

So we have a lot to unpack here. Starting with the biggest hitter out the gate, 300 mg is a lot of caffeine for some people. About 10-20 minutes after you take a scoop of this pre, it gets you going and you are pretty much ready to rock the workout. The Beta Alanine, another major ingredient, is supposed to help with muscle endurance. The Alpha GPC is supposed to enhance mental performance and the L-Arginine is there for a better pump. The BioPerine is supposed to help with the absorption of other ingredients. There is supposed to be evidence taurine may increase insulin sensitivity and decrease oxidative stress. Choline Bitartrate is supposed to increase energy levels and the Citrus Aurantium is as well.

Overall, I like that what's in this pre-workout is pretty clear-cut and isn't hidden. I can't comment that any one particular ingredient has the good or bad properties here but we'll see how they work in combo down in the later section.

9/10[\b]
    The dosing on this one is very easy...one small scoop that mixes easily with water (I always used 12 oz). There can be just a hint of grit at the bottom but nothing too bad. I doubt anyone is going to buy a pre-workout based on the taste but this is still one of the better ones out there. I oscillate between the lemonade and the fruit punch. Neither is too sweet and both are drinkable but I think the fruit punch is a little better.

9/10[\b]
    This is what really matters right? I think the effectiveness here is spot on as it does exactly what i'm looking for in a pre-workout. Even on days I'm feeling less than motivated, this stuff gets me ready to go and get my grind on. About 20m after taking it, I feel ready to take on my lifts and I'm still feeling focused and pumped up when I'm still working sets an hour into the workout. The caffeine doesn't really affect me as I am so used to large amounts of coffee but its enough to get me going and the rest of the varied ingredients keep me pumped. I think I've had stronger pre-workouts before but this also doesn't give me the jitters.

9/10[\b]
    Its a good value for what you are getting here in my book. Bodybuilding.com had it BOGO so I ended up getting 2x 30 serving containers for about $38. That's a better deal than I have seen for most pre-workouts that actually do something and don't have prop blends.

Side Effects

While its not face-melting, this pre does hit you pretty strong with the combo of the caffeine and the rest of the ingredients. I imagine its the Beta-Alanine. That being said, I kinda like that feeling right as I'm getting ready to go crush it in the gym. I didn't have any stomach issues with this sup and the rest of the digestive track agreed there wasn't any issues. Curiously, I didn't notice much extra sweating with this product.

Conclusion

9/10[\b]
    Compared to its peers, I think this is a very good pre-workout on its merits and becomes even more attractive as a product when you factor that it's on the cheaper side. I'd recommend it to anyone that's not overly sensitive to caffeine and is looking for a product that combines ingredients to focus you and aid in both getting you ready before you set foot in the gym and continuing to work to keep muscle endurance up to knock out that one more rep or set.
    • Lemonade: 8/10
    • Fruit Punch: 10/10

November 1, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Pumps
    • Great Energy
    • Intense Focus
    • Lots Of Caffeine
    • Sweating

I have had this pre-workout again and again and again & I have so much to say about it. I have been lifting for over 4 years and I have had a plethora of Pre-Workouts in my time. I hope I can help make your next selection of PRE easier.

Most Noteworthy.

Beta Alanine: Is an ingredient that helps mitigate the effects of lactic acid in one's muscle, effectively allowing that lifter to experience an increase in muscle endurance.

Arginine(AKG): This ingredient is an amino acids added to resemble the effects of a pump booster(Nitrite Oxide) by allowing an increase of blood flow to the muscles.However, there is Minimal studies reaffirming its pump-inducing effects, so its effectiveness is unknown.

Taurine: Another amino acid met to help aide recovery, while research indicates it MAY help increase physical output.

Caffeine Anhydrous(w/o water): Within 15 minutes of consumption this stimulant releases chemicals meat to activate one's adrenaline and dopamine glands. Immediately, one's focus, concentration, and energy will be heightened as well as one's exercise performance.

Alpha GPC: This ingredient can be thought of as a "mind-stimulator" as studies have show it can increase cognitive memory, including memory & attention which could equate to an enhanced "mind-muscle connection"

This Pre-Workout flavoring is a gift to your taste-buds and kind to your stomach!I have had the Fruit Punch & Lemonade flavor and both have been phenomenal and truly enjoyable. Slightly on the sour side, but a nice fruity taste you'll enjoy.

No problems mixing this Pre, and my favorite is that it does not chunk and will dissolve nicely.

If there is 1 thing you should know about DYNO is that it is in a class of its own as it feeds you a monstrous 300mg of CAFFEINE per serving. Do not be alarmed although this is on the higher side of what most pre-workouts have, it is safe, and it is definitely felt!!!

As mentioned DYNO'S caffeine portion must be highlighted because its effects are definitely felt at the gym. Dyno has given me such a burst of energy when I have needed it most. I love that whether im 5 minutes into my workout or 40, its affects are still felt. You will sweat, you will contemplate if you just taken coke or was it just dyno, and you will love it because you will be relentless at the gym. In all seriousness, DYNO has been created to a science help give you the energy, tingles, and concentration to allow you to do what you do best at the gym.

One of the greatest aspects of this PRE is that is always found on sale! If this item is not Buy 1 get 1 Free/ or Buy 1 get 1 50% OFF, definitely wait around. It can run you up 30 dollars for 30 servings, but each serving is potent and worth the investment!

Side Effects

As with all Pre-Workouts, be weary when taking this PRE after 10pm. Because of the high levels of Caffeine you will find even after sweating it may keep you up at night.

In addition, in 2-3 instance it upset my stomach, again this could be attributed to the caffeine and the increased rate of digestion. All in all, there is no serious effects to be noted.

Tolerance may be noted 2 weeks into using the supplement, use sparring i suggest 3-4x a week.

Conclusion

Do yourself a favor and try something NEW! From one lifter to another, DYNO has done wonders for me and has given me the explosiveness and sustained energy we all seek. It comes in some amazing flavors and it can find your wallets needs as well. If you dont mind the caffeine serving, embrace your deserved energy and focus.
    • Lemonade: 9/10
    • Fruit Punch: 10/10

9.3
      July 24, 2016

• Consistent
    • Lots Of Caffeine
    • Wears Off
    Good afternoon SR community, today I will be submitting my review for RSP Nutrition's preworkout offering, Dyno. Dyno is one of the million PWO's out there that claim to be everything you ever wanted in a PWO, kinda like the fit chick who's got an amazing squat booty and isnt a crazy nutjob. While all the men in the world continue to search for that unicorn, RSP are searching for the magical formula in their PWO to get you up, shake rattle and roll time and time again. Let's see how Dyno went.

BACKGROUND

It's winter in Australia, so we're in our bulking/strength building phases. As such, Dyno would be used to focus up when it came time to lift the big heavy weights. Hypertrophy, and high rep/volume workouts werent really on the menu during my time using Dyno, so I cant comment too much on the effectiveness with those types of workouts.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 8.5/10

There's 400mg caffeine in this baby. For me, that's a lot. I'm not knocking it, but it makes it really hard for me to take a full scoop of anything that's got that much caffeine in it. It's not a knock on the product, but if you have to half-dose it because of the caffeine, then you are half-dosing all the other ingredients too. From a formulation point of view, I would have preferred to see less caffeine per scoop, with the option to dump another scoop in and over-dose on some of the other ingredients. I know that knocks down the value if you take >1 scoop, but it means the people who struggle with the stims still get a full serving at least. Just personal preference.

In terms of the other stuff in here, some are good, some are average. Carnosyn BA, Agmatine Sulfate and the Niacin are dosed well, but the cit mal is well under-dosed. Tyrosine is dosed well too, could be a little higher, but that didnt seem to matter too much (see effectiveness). Overall a decent profile that with a few tweaks would be really top shelf.

DOSING

I started with 1/2 scoop of this, and slowly worked my way up 1 scoop. The caffeine would get me every time, and sometimes it would be too much. Maybe i'm soft, but the high level of caffeine was the limiting factor in how much of this I took. I would take this 20mins pre workout, that seemed to be the sweet spot for letting it get into my body and start working.

TASTE - 9.5/10

I had the lemonade flavour. It's really good. No grit, mixes in with a few quick swirls, and is quite tasty to drink. I found 1 scoop in 8 ounces of water the sweet spot for me.

EFFECTIVENESS - 9.3/10

So Dyno hits you hard. 20mins later you are sitting in your car driving to the gym or warming up thinking jesus tap-dancing christ no kidding there's 400mg of caffeine in here. The Tyrosine also wakes you up and gets you focused. Sometimes it gets your focused on the weights and your workout. Sometimes it get you focused on how much caffeine you've ingested and how your heart is going to handle it. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess. The energy is clean though, jitter-free, and lasts for about 90mins. I found Dyno wasnt the best PWO to take if you had a particularly long workout, the golden period was from +20mins to +1hour, so about 40-45mins, then the energy slowly wore off. If you need to focus for 1RMs though, this is tough to go past.

I didnt really feel much of the pump aspect of Dyno. Granted, my workouts were not targeted towards hypertrophy and pump, but when I did ramp up the reps for an arm workout or something, I didnt feel the pump was much better than no PWO at all. I've got some favourite pump PWO's, and Dyno wasnt near them. I personally didnt get Dyno for pump, so i'm not too worried.

I did not feel the effectiveness of Dyno diminish through the tub. It's good to know you can take a scoop of this at any time and it will perform for you.

Side Effects - 1/10

I'll give it one mark off because sometimes I felt like the world was spinning and my heart rate was going a bit nuts. It also took quite a few hours to calm down from Dyno, so I wouldnt recommend taking this too close to bed. I would take it no later than 5pm and I normally get to sleep about 10pm. No bathroom or gas issues with this guy.

Value - 9/10

Dyno sells for around $1/serving, which is pretty standard for PWO's. It's not insane value, but it's not bad value either. For the energy it provides, it's above average though and well worth seeking out, hence the 9/10 mark.

CONCLUSION - 9/10

Dyno is an energy-packed PWO that will pick you up and let you know you've taken a man's PWO. Exercise caution with the first few servings, as the caffeine can knock you about until you're used to it. I'd also recommend you take a break from stims after you've finished a tub of this, cos it's the real deal. Would I recommend Dyno to others? Absolutely as a PWO. Would I buy Dyno with my own money? I did, and I would again. Right up there with the top energy PWOs on the market.
    • Lemonade: 9/10

8.9
    8.9
    (SR paid for product; RSP Nutrition did not participate)
      September 4, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Pumps
    • Great Energy
    • Dyes
    Up for review today is RSP's DyNO. This is a newer supplement company that was awarded the breakout product of the year in 2014. The pre workout market, much like every other supplement space is so overloaded with products, so how does this shape up?

Ingredients 8.75: This is an extremely solid profile, all of the ingredients are relatively effectively dosed, partially disclosed and not much room for improvement in my opinion. You are getting all the key pump and stimulant ingredients including CM, Beta Alanine, Agmatine, and multiple stimulant and stimulant aiding ingredients. The amounts of the Beta Alanine could be increased to the generally accepted acceptable dose. Ohh, and DYES, of course we need those because they have magical powers.

Dosing: One scoops will yield effective doses of all of the above ingredients. The entire tub has 30 servings. No need for over 1 scoop.

Effectiveness 9: Wow. This stuff was really good. It may be the 400MG of caffeine that give you a healthy kick, combined with the Tyrosine. Lets examine both the pump/performance and the energy. The energy is first rate. The combination of stimulant ingredients really shined here with me. You got clean solid and a very strong (not too strong) jolt of energy that pushed you through the first 30-45 minutes. It did wear off slowly, but that is expected.

The pump/performance was also great. The CM and Agmatine really shines, you have seen this combination more and more now. 2G of CM is a bit low in my opinion but still a fairly effective dose. The 500MG of Agamtine is a more than effective dosage. I don't know why some people take 1.5 to 2G of agamtine I just don't typically see much benefit over 500-750MG. This product on the pump/performance side performs great!

Taste 9: Fruit Punch. Standard, been there done that. Good as usual.

Value 8.75: This is about a standard as you get. 30 dollars, 30 servings. Great value here. With newer pre workouts selling for $40+, this is nice they kept the price point more than fair.

Conclusion 9: This product gets a big bladeski seal approval. Solid ingredients, great taste, effectively dosed and great value... The mostly disclosed label also provides solid transparency. I recommend checking it out.