Creatine Monohydrate Reviews

By: RSP Nutrition

Creatine Monohydrate is a Creatine Monohydrate Product manufactured by RSP Nutrition. It consists primarily of creatine monohydrate which is the oldest, most researched form. It is tried and true and is commonly seen as 'CreaPure' in today's products. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

Overall
Overall
6.8
7.1
6.3
  March 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:

Greetings SR! Here's a product that's been around for a good bit and I've gone through several tubs so here's the lowdown on it worked for me.

Easy-Peasy here, only one ingredient here and its creatine monohydrate. Enough studies are out there that anyone looking for this product should be at least decently well versed in what it does, but the short version is that its a safe supplement that increases exercise performance, usually by helping you to maximize your workout potential to get that last rep or 2 on your sets. My rating of 7 here is based on the lack of purity information on this particular product. The most recognized form of monohydrate is "Creapure" that is supposed to be 99.99% pure and this is not that but regular creatine monohydate (of an unknown purity)

There is no flavor to speak of with this product and it has the consistency of a very fine powder. To help visualize, its finer than sand but not as fine as chalk. Mixibility is good, while I usually put this in with another product (my pre workout or my morning BCAAs on non workout days), I have also mixed it on its own. It shakes up pretty easily with 8-10oz of water in a blender bottle even without the whisk ball in about 5-10 seconds and forms a cloudy water. If drank quickly, I don't have any residue while it will settle after a few minutes and requires a quick reshake. The dosing is standard, a 5g dose.

7.1/10

Rating the effectiveness of an individual creatine is hard as this is not the only item ever in my stack. I believe the research that its working and getting me that extra rep on my sets but since i can't really compare explicitly, I can't say that with sureity. I don't notice a difference between this creatine and other monos that I have had before.

6.3/10

Retail on this product is $15 for 500g at BB.com though it usually comes with a deal like most products from RSP that I've seen. The best deal I usually see on this product is from them as well and it gets you 2x 500g tubs for $20 which comes out to just about 10 cents a serving. That's a fairly decent price but other companies have at least matched it or beaten it for regular creatine. I also docked a point from RSP on the way they made their container for this product. The tub has a lip on it that makes it both hard to get level scoops and very hard to get to the bottom of the container and get at the last 20% of the powder. With this fine of a powder, I've probably lost several dosings of it on each tub.

Side Effects

I'm still a fan of the old school loading technique with mono and during the loading, my body doesn't really handle this great. I don't blame RSP for this but something of an issue for monos with me.

Conclusion

6.8

Firstly, the reason I have used several tubs is that they were either free or essentially free with other orders from BB.com. For me this product is near the middle of "Solid Product" and "Ok, but will try something else next time" as its a little bit of both. Its a completely baseline monohydrate with nothing really wrong with it, I wouldn't buy it at the retail price or even at most of the deal prices. I have a concern with the purity of the product since RSP doesn't give me any info on it and while I don't have any reason to suspect its lower than the standard, I'd rather use one that I can find is either Creapure or at least has test results (from labdoor.com or similar).

• dmf8625
    March 25, 2018

Have you loaded with this product recently or multiple tubs back? What loading protocol do you follow?

• jamesjsix
    March 25, 2018

I've loaded with this product twice, and once was with the tub I'm about to finish up so was about 70ish days ago. I load with 20g for 5 days and was split up between half in the morning when i woke up and half either at my workout or in the afternoon (non-workout days). I handle that a bit better than if i take it all at once. 4 times a day might be even better but I'm pretty sure I'd forget at least one dose that way.